Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Good job OP looking forward to this game, I am still going corpo will probably try and get friendly with Militech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Ms Adequate posted:

Got hacked by 6th Street and they made it floppy

"This doesnt normally happen babe...I just need the firmware update"

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I watched Yongyeas non spoiler review on youtube and thought it was pretty good.

He highlighted several technical issues that he had experienced but stated generally the game was fun to play.

Think he will revisit the technical issues once he sees the day one patch

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Zeta Acosta posted:

im on full hype mode i dont give a gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4bKZT_Eg4A

I really like this cover the original I have been playing in my gym playlist

Can't find this one on Spotify unfortunately

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Was posted a few pages a go but Uplink was a great game.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Been playing on my 2080ti and the game plays like a charm on raytracing high

I have been playing a corp netrunner type build, I have been doing alot of the side missions.

Quick question do shops unlock more powerful things as you level or is crafting the way to go?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
So I did the Pacifica voodoo boys Gim quest was upset my hacker character couldnt make the robot sparring partner kill the animal guy fighting it. I couldnt make the bench press crush the guy too :v:

Was I missing something here its was all over the preview videos

Still loving the game but I feel for people playing on ps4 or xbone

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Willfrey posted:

I have now realized the REAL reason to go balls-deep into crafting.

It is to upgrade your good looking outfits so you dont have to look like a doofus 95% of the time

This.

Also I feel for people on base console alot of bad press on those versions

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Turin Turambar posted:

That reminds me, I thought we would have a unique ripper sequence the first time you put an implant in your body ( of that type,like legs or arms). But no, the sequence shown of the first trailer was literally all that exists.

Theres alot of things missing from original trailers to be honest was hoping being a hackerman would let me make Agent 47 enviroment traps to accidently kill enemys.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I find it so hard to read logs and shards in this game.

Its normally a thing I will do in RPGs like Fallout ot Elder scrolls, it has to be the UI or something.

I found a free black supercar with a batman reference in a storage crate which was pretty good

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Dapper_Swindler posted:

maybe. but playing it i don't get a "GTA open world" vibe from it.

I'm enjoying the game on my PC but I agree the world just does not have the feel of being lived in like GTA.

I can't really explain it because I actually think NC is awesome to look at maybe its the AI that breaks immersion for me.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Ending spoilers My male corp V went with Panam and joined the nomads. At first Silverhand was a dick but took me a bit to ponder if I should sacrifice V for Johnny to live.

Decided to save V and live a happy life with Panam and become a Nomad, whilst hopelessly using the 6 months left of my life to find a cure.

Crazy thing is finding a cure was something I thought I would do with the 6 months, it wasnt stated anywhere in the story till the very end.

In conclusion I really enjoyed the game I loved Night city and the story was great.

Just feel the AI fell short maybe it was because I was a hacker. Of course the bugs were there but I personally didnt experience anything that hosed with me.

To be honest like Witcher 2 & 3 sure Cyberpunk will age like a fine wine and hopefully more people will enjoy it.

Now for my street kid fem V guns blazing playthrough :jihad:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

RatHat posted:

For the races should I get a fast car or are they doable with Claire's truck?

I won all of the races in Claires truck first time to be honest.

On Claire was pretty suprised Claire was trans but makes sense considering the new tech in 2077. All those resetera weirdos will be happy at least. Will help her kill the guy in my next playthrough

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Except for Judy (maybe Wokodo too but she's all via holocall) every single character important to the story that you meet in Act 1 is very quickly and unceremoniously killed off at the end of Act 1 or very soon into Act 2. Evelyn basically disappears as a character at the start of Act 2. Her only lines of voice acting in Act 2 are in the BD you go into the discover who she was stealing the chip for - maybe 50 words or less worth. You get an interaction with Meredith but otherwise the whole Militech thing is completely forgotten. There are non-total rewrite explanations for it but it's all a bit suspect imo.

I don't think it was a deliberate design choice. I think it was a compromise and a way to put a good spin on the best version of the story they could get out in time.

Yea was a bit disappointed with what they did with Meredith I get the fact shes just a ons kind of fits the corpo lifestyle, but the sex scene was weird and I kind of hoped she would reappear later in the game

I hope the DLC can be more choice focused maybe bring some characters back

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Jackie heist I wonder if Jackie would still be alive if he had kept the relic in his head :vince:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Sachant posted:

I still don't understand this one. Does it go in your nose or something? If so, why? If not, where, and also why?

I think its supposed to sound like orgasmic, its loving catchy though along with the mix it up one

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Verviticus posted:

this game is gonna be a really good loving game in 2022 im excited to do my usual second playthrough with whatever dlc

On my 2nd playthrough now as a shootergirl and have to say enjoying this alot more than my 1st hackerman playthrough

I am also picking up alot more things in the story as I am actually taking my time because I am not scared of my save file going over 8mb

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Verviticus posted:

i just ran hacker and tech rifle and im not really sure how the game is supposed to pose a challenge to me

Yea even cranking the difficulty up does nothing with that type of build.

The A.I just shits the bed

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Turin Turambar posted:

A thought.
Despite all the Judy simps, it seems to me Panam is more the canon romance. I say this just because she has more on-screen time, there are more missions with her. Apart from having a role to play in one of the endings.

On romance why can't V gently caress Mama Welles :quagmire:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pacifica is insane. Just this gorgeous backdrop of abandoned mega buildings and you can't go to any of them. Hell, when you're following Placide there's an attack chopper straight up shooting the absolute hell out of one of them

This isn't even acknowledged!

Like man can you imagine all the fun poo poo you could have here? It's basically the wild loving west and we only have like... 1 mission in it?

If you fight Placide and take him down non lethally he messages you to watch you're back definately alot more stuff they wanted to do

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

ded posted:

i wasnt paying attention and suddenly im having sex with a dude

I did the same thing, its not gay if you don't push back :v:

wonder if Morgan Blackhand will appear in DLC, I think he fights Smasher in Arasaka tower could be after the cut when he jumps down to fight Johnny

VoLaTiLe fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 30, 2020

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

TheRat posted:

Who the gently caress hates Panam?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

mobby_6kl posted:

I've been told my whole life to do the opposite. I've done my part.

Nice V kind of looks like Roberta Draper from the Expanse tv show.

Also in 2077 what makes you a criminal?

getting caught :v:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I just found out the cute japanese girl sing pon pon poo poo. Is saying she wants to get smashed hard day and night.

:psyduck:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Kraftwerk posted:

About the VDB chat. Is it possible that humanity could see its lot improved by AIs? I know they’re trying to get involved with the rogue Cthulhu type AIs. But there’s so many hosed up self interested and greedy parties basically creating such a terrible situation for people that having an AI in charge could be nice?

Also in the Dream On quest Peralez seems like a decent leader relative to Holt and the previous mayors. Like his refusal to collaborate with the corps and his promises to improve the lot of average citizens could just be a play for votes but maybe the AIs running his life aren’t as evil as they seem?

I think that dealing with AIs is dangerous and clearly a spooky almost supernatural element in the game lore but I still think there’s more hope for humanity beyond the blackwall than within it.

This is how I felt however the quest seemed to end after telling him, was hoping I would have a bit more to do around it

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

itry posted:

Something along the lines of-

You missed the turn! :argh:
I know :v:
What are you doing! :argh:
I'm winning the race :v:

I only know because I was winning the race and didn't actually have any car to follow down the highway.

I was 2nd I was going to help Claire but then I just wanted to come 1st :v:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

RatHat posted:

What happens if you get Takamura's 4 knock password wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on Youtube. He just shoots you through the door.

I was tired and tipsy when I did that bit and totally forgot

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Sydney Bottocks posted:

At this point, releasing free DLC for this severely busted-rear end game would feel less like a show of good will and more like a slap in the face, honestly

This

I really hope they sort the game out because I would love to return to it in a more complete form.

DLC would be nice but only if it came with a load of fixes and even improvements to the main game.

If you had told me a year ago that I would be enjoying a random viking / mincraft game over Cyberpunk :vince:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Pattonesque posted:

each actual sidequest in W3 had like a cool twist or unique ways of completing it that wasn't apparent at first glance

Cyberpunk does this maybe like 20% of the time?

This is why I originally was not worried about a smaller main quest. I was expecting more really cool side quests much like the witcher 3.

Most of the time it was a text dump, go place do something into another text dump.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
It still hurts that I bought a brand new PC for this game.

Well at least I can play Ruiner!

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Control is free on EGS for another day if you want to use that sweet ray-tracing! :swoon:

I actually got Control in the lead up to Cyberpunks release. It was an awesome game made me really want a sequel to Alan Wake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

As a huge fan, KC:D and Deus Ex do a lot of things right with their combat systems and if you engage with them honestly they can be very immersive and a lot of fun.

That said, there are also skills and perks which are clearly broken and taking them or playing the game(s) with them ruins the gameplay experience of combat. If you intentionally hobble your character and avoid the best upgrades, the combat system is a lot of fun and "realistic." But if you grab one or two OP perks it becomes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evCtzMqNJiU

I loved Kingdom come deliverance I struggled until I somehow murdered a knight in cold blood (he was either sleeping or I backstabbed him)

Once I had stolen his armor and weapons I became an absolute beast