Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shageletic posted:

This is what pluraliry of Democrats chose

No, it's what the plurality of democrats were assigned and told they chose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The same loving energy as the primary rhetoric they force fed us right there.

"Give up all of your leverage and surely it will be rewarded by giving you the things that they didn't want to give you in the first place! :downs:"

Vote!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mind_Taker posted:

i already tried voting for a compromise candidate in 2008 and then “push him left”. he not only didn’t get pushed left, he went unimpeded to the right for 8 years

can’t wait until I am called a racist misogynist for not voting for kamala in 2028 and a homophobe for not voting for democratic nominee pete buttigieg in 2032 as they propose affordable access to sub-100 degree weather as their signature policy planks

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the Khive hitsquads trying to doxx me when I point out that Kopmala has done bad things.

Fortunately, nobody actually cares what I think outside of Something Awful, and even that's a highly dubious claim at best, so I should have a head start at least.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nichael posted:

not sure what this even means

It's more Dem cheerleading.
Pelosi and Biden and Schumer and *insert centrist here* are all playing Nth dimensional chess and pantsing the Republicans at every turn according to their personal headcanons, and THIS will finally be the time that regular people hold the Republicans accountable for their hypocrisy

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

yellowcar posted:

is there a term for prefacing that you're "as left as they come" and then dropping a dogshit opinion that's not very left at all

libs seem to love doing that a lot

I think it's called "being How Are U"

Oh Snapple! posted:

lol bernie has become completely subservient and they're still doing this

Well yeah, they have to keep making an example of him in case anyone else gets ideas above their station

the_steve has issued a correction as of 02:20 on Jun 30, 2021

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Keep this up and they gonna do you like they did Majorian.

Joke's on you, I'm too drat stupid to realize if it happens.

spacemang_spliff posted:

Bernie sucks but this poo poo is why I'll never vote for another democrat again

Vote Blue no matter who!
No, not like that.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Endless. :downsbravo: Clap. :downsbravo: Emojis.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Look, they're so un-racist that they only lock their cardoors when they drive through the poor section of town at night, how much more progressive do you want from them?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Eggplant Squire posted:

Also they have gone so over the top with it reporting weekly Biden ice cream updates it is looking more and more like they are looking after a toddler who has been an extra good boy who gets his favorite dessert. It's just so weird and the people clapping their hands when they read it are even weirder.

But haven't you noticed?
When Biden eats ice cream, he eats it like a friendly grandpa would. :3:

When Trump Cheeto Hitler Mussolini Bad Orange Man Drumpf eats ice cream, he does it like a stupid narcissistic toddler and grrrr I hate him so much thank goodness he's not in the white house so I can stop pretending to care about actual issues.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

spacetoaster posted:

Just this week I've been accused of casting a vote for Trump, and Biden, by two separate people.

Because I voted for Howie.

Jesus, I hated that poo poo so goddamn much during the primaries.

"How dare you vote for the person who actually offers a platform you support! If you don't vote Joe, that's literally giving a billion votes to Trump!"

"Don't vote for the guy you support! Vote for the guy who said you can gently caress off with what you want. Then, after we've given him the only slim piece of leverage we have and no longer have anything of value to him, we can beg and plead for him to nudge ever so slightly to the left towards the stuff your guy was already offering. I am very smart and understand how negotiating works :downs:"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I gotta give the guy credit for this.

My "It wasn't illegal at the time" shirt is raising a lot of questions that have already been answered by my shirt.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Always cracks me up when libs go full chud racism when one of "those people" forgets her place and starts speaking out against the establishment.
They did it to AOC back before she did the hundred-yard sprint to the Center as well.

"She needs to sit down and know her place."
"She should just be grateful she's allowed to have a job."
"What gives her the right to be so uppity?"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

mcmagic posted:

Why are they so upset? They utterly owned the Bernie people got their mommy a great job.

Because for Libs, it isn't enough that their enemy merely did not win. They must be utterly crushed and humiliated at every turn, forced to lay down and put their teeth on the curb at every opportunity. Anything less is unacceptable to them. Any day where Bernie is not forced to flagellate himself before Hillary and Kopmala while begging forgiveness for running against them is a day that the system has failed them.

Feldegast42 posted:

our electoral system is fundamentally illegitimate yet all the dems want to do is tell people to vote harder

That's because it's preferable to them to turn their voters on each other.
"The system didn't fail you! You failed the system! If you had voted better, this wouldn't have happened!"
And then you have an endless parade of worthless op-ed pieces about how it's your fault the Bad Person with a Red Tie won because you dared to vote for Good Person instead of Bad Person with a Blue Tie instead of any attempt to hold the party accountable for forcing poo poo candidates on us.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1410609679147749377

LOL these loving people turned Liz Cheney into a lib hero.

And in a twist that surprises absolutely nobody, the Republican members of the committee have concluded that absolutely nothing bad happened on 1/6, everyone was invited out for ice cream.

Eggplant Squire posted:

Yeah but I mean openly

it already is

comedyblissoption posted:

uh the democrats literally did prevent people from voting 3rd party in the last presidential election all over the country

they successfully sued all over to remove the green party from the ballot

This is true. Plus the whole "media blackout unless you're one of the two main parties or a useful crazy person they can claim is representative of all third party candidates."

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Thanks for reminding me why I quit following her.
But also gently caress you for reminding me that she exists

the_steve has issued a correction as of 17:58 on Jul 1, 2021

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Would you rather the orange Hitler win!? Cuz that's the choice!

You can vote for puppies and rainbows and lose like a big stupid fat baby, or you can be a pragmatic grownup and vote for the person who hates you and everything you stand for and then push them left*

*Leftward movement being a 20% chance they post a rainbow on their social medias once in June.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/Gritty20202/status/1410440009740689409?s=19

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

sexpig by night posted:

oh 100% I want them both to fall into a big hole or whatever but at least the chuds tell me they hate me and enjoy seeing my life get worse, the dems will look you in the eye and tell you how sorry they are for the society they created's cruelty

They'll also tell you you're welcome for all the progress that they did nothing to enact.

LGBTQ+ people: *fight like hell, tooth and nail, blood sweat and tears, for decades finally win their landmark case in the Supreme Court*

Dems: *spending those same decades offering token support at best and more often actively opposing LGBTQ+ efforts in the name of pragmatism or declaring that the time just isn't right*

Also Dems: You're welcome for our sacrifice. *changes profile picture to a rainbow* Now tell those trans people to settle down.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh poo poo, I just saw where Biden has officially ended all middle eastern conflicts forever.

I mean, ok, so he hasn't actually done any of that, but he said he was going to do something similar eventually, which is literally as good as having already done it apparently, if the resident Biden cheer squad is to be believed.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I will say I'm surprised that the Dems haven't dug up the rotting corpse of MeToo by now. I didn't think they'd let Joe have this much time behind the wheel before getting rid of him to make room for Kamala, seeing as how she was the one the establishment wanted in the first place.
Guess they forgot how much they missed having one of their old white guys in charge.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sedisp posted:

Um actually if she didn't vote for her rapist she voted for trump.

Checkmate tankies

I believe you'll find that not voting for her rapist is actually equivalent to eleventy-jillion votes for Trump, who was a gat-danged Cheeto Benito MussoHitlerini.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

That headline is accurate. The Dems will install whoever they want in the primaries, if nothing else.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Andorra posted:

https://twitter.com/mmodi93/status/1410960869127868416

eta: lol and private before I even hit submit. Got a screenshot though

Lol, Dick Cheney and Mike Pence, former VPs notorious for their ability to avoid media criticism.

Edit: Hell, add Biden to my examples. He was the human gaffe machine until they were ordered to shut up and eat their ice cream

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

is pepsi ok posted:

the press turning on kamala not even 6 months in is so loving funny. lol that they went with such an obvious loser. they should have bit the bullet and stuck with klobuchar.

I think they're just hedging their bets.

Consider:
They dunk on Kamala: This gives them a headstart on justifying Joe running for reelection when everybody convinced themselves he was not initially going to.

And then if Joe does decide not to run, or eats poo poo and sundown's for the last time, they can flip it into some phoenix rising from the ashes narrative.
"How Kamala finally became presidential (by murdering Joe Biden)"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

"TRUMP WAS A GAT-DANGED CHEETO, ALL ELSE PALES IN LIGHT OF THAT." - Literally any liberal, 2021

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Grey Fox posted:

it's so Biden can sign his name and call dibs on the MILFs

Too old. He's cruising for GDILFs Grand Daughters...

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ytlaya posted:

Does anyone remember or have that D&D post from a while back with someone referencing an anime as part of an argument for why the US should go to war with China? Want to show it to my friend but forget where someone quoted it. I think it was quoted in this thread at some point.

The sort of Gen Z people to end up in politics (or at least federal-level politics) will be sickos of the highest order, I guarantee you. The same is true for millennials, but I have a feeling that it'll actually become worse with younger generations. While the generations in question are worse-off materially with each successive one, the sort of people to be in politics will be from the privileged minority, and being a well-off member of a poor generational cohort is going to make these people even more like a modern aristocracy than their older counterparts (because any illusion of a meritocracy will be shattered, while the people in question still need to justify their own circumstances - they'll be forced to resort to increasingly more hosed up ideas to justify the situation).

poo poo, I know the post you're talking about. The OP was using some analogy involving Fate Zero, but I can't remember who it was.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

When will we leftists learn that true progress can only come from backing away from good things and giving Republicans everything they want?

"If we keep calling their bluffs by continuing to give them everything they demand, the football will kick itself, and then they'll look stupid! :downs:"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shen Long posted:

We replaced the orange senile incestuous rapist (that gets two scoops of ice cream) with the pale senile incestuous rapist (that also gets two scoops of ice cream).

That’s progress. Sometimes you gotta make the best out of a bad situation :)

But the new rapist also let's other people have two scoops, instead of just one. Most progressive president since FDR! :supaburn:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shima Honnou posted:

*looks at the massive box of polaroids biden undoubtedly took of his kids and grandkids when they were children* yikes theres a lot to unpack here

Wow, what a doting grandfather, he sure loved his grandkids.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

bUT we can push hiM lefT aFTEr WE gET hiM eLectEd

Nichael posted:

why is it so hard for them to admit that a rich man in power is probably pretty rapey

Because there was a DANG CHEETO IN THE WHITE HOUSE!
A GAT DANGED CHEETO
Did you want 4 more years of Bad Orange Man? Because pointing out that Joe Biden is a rapist is how you get four more years of GAT DANGED CHEETOS in the White House.

the_steve has issued a correction as of 18:24 on Jul 6, 2021

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lib and let die posted:

Does FOX launching a Weather Channel alternative mean that any hurricane models they might provide (like the spaghetti models, for example) are going to have to be thrown in the heap of stuff we can't consider because it was presented on media liberals don't like?

Will my local news outlets be doing a Russiapublican if they report on the same European storm tracking models FOX Weather does?

I really can't wait to see how liberals politicize FOX weather against leftists.

"Why won't Biden do anything about climate change!?"

"Climate change? You mean RIGHT WING TALKING POINTS!?"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Joementum posted:

Berniecrat wins the New York City mayoral primary!

Uh oh, better find a way to nullify the results

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Peanut President posted:

so who is this racist liberal and why should I care

1. Just another BlueMAGA chud
2. You shouldn't, unless you like watching trainwrecks.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Some Guy TT posted:

theres something deeply hilarious about the attempts to build a kamala harris cult of personality bombing so hard that most of their idiot target audience is doing the distracted boyfriend meme at michelle obama who none of them have seen in months

Kamala Harris didn't go anywhere in the 2020 primary, but as vice president she is very popular with Democrats. Her overall approval is a little lower than Biden's, but there are other explanations (for example she is a minority woman, name recognition is lower, and Fox News is trying to smear her as an alternative after repeatedly failing to smear Biden).

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So, a Hillary who can't win a primary.

I believe you'll find that not liking Hillary or Kamala is actually a right wing talking point, and can therefore be dismissed with no critical thought whatsoever.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mantis42 posted:

Contrary to the old saying, Dems not only fall in line but they fall in love too. If Kamala was the head of the ticket they'd convince themselves that she was the most inspiring and charismatic candidate they'd ever seen. Up until she lost, then they'd forget all about her, lol.

Not until after she published her book about how it was all Bernie's fault. Including the chapter where she's out at lunch when a woman drags her crying college-aged daughter in front of her, and the daughter pleads forgiveness for having the audacity to vote third party.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

sexpig by night posted:

telling a cop to shoot someone 'charging them' in the leg: actually harm reduction

I loving hate these people

It's especially gross because when Biden said the "shoot them in the leg" thing, cops were (still are) claiming that the unarmed child running away from them was a direct threat and that's why they needed to shoot them 14 times in the back, and that's how he chose to respond to people saying "maybe hold cops accountable?"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

gudetama posted:

it’s why some of us thought electing Bernie in 2020 was so imperative (of course time has revealed we too are idiot suckers)

Admittedly, I still really want to feel bad for him. I think 2020 just broke him. Between spending every day since 2016 being blamed for Hillary running the worst campaign in human history, and then the entire party rigging the primaries against him and seeing how people who were supposed to be his friends stab him in the back for literally zero gain (gently caress Liz Warren), like, I want to sympathize. But at the same time, if it were me, yeah, I think I'd have just gone home and stayed there.
Maybe endorse a third party candidate who wasn't entirely succ and do a shoot on the DNC and publicly call them out on their bullshit, but otherwise just wash my hands of it.

Granted, I'm one of the fools who gave him money, so maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jesus Christ, are they seriously arguing in the other thread that Clyburn can't possibly have been bribed because it wasn't done in the form of giant bags labeled "$$$ for bribes $$$"