Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ilmucche posted:

it got swallowed up in the last thread but I love this story of someone who wanted to add a new bedroom to their rendted apartment:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779396

top click. incrementally smaller rooms is a wild ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nurmie posted:

this begs the question, what are the horniest places on SA? (especially now that the vtuber thread is vanquished)

Leper Colony

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ah yes, another horned up ambassador from the gently caress Continent unaware of how we unenlightened goons practice diplomacy

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sludge Tank posted:

I wonder if gear has changed my brain away from that creative thinking towards more primitive meatheady or something

borderline self awareness

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

that rare intersection of roid rage and anal fisting hornyposts

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i guess that's what the C stands for

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the pipe coming out in the background is all time

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Phone web browser and work computer represent

this is The Way

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"all jrpgs are connected!" is some galaxy brain stuff and while it's utter nonsense, I enjoy that someone's brain is smashing it all together

I don't think it ever intersected with SA but the silent hill fan wiki "circumcision metaphor" mod war is one of my favorite internet sagas. video games just take people to strange places

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Internet witches aren’t real and can’t hurt y

mailer demons can tho

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Srice posted:

Even ignoring how ridiculous that theory is, I find it a bummer to behold because deciding that one singular person was largely responsible for all the art you like just shrinks the world in a way I find depressing.

"Ridley Scott Alien prequel syndrome"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Remember the Silent Hill wiki dev who fervently insisted the whole series was about the evils of circumcision

it's so good

https://archive.is/X0gkm

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I love the alien prequels

me too, but i have definitely heard that argument against them a lot

(specifically that david being responsible for the alien shrinks the universe into something exclusively related to weyland and ruins the franchise and rah rah rah, and i don't agree with it, but it comes up all the time)

this all reminds me of the fun theory that "all Arnold Schwarzenegger movies occur in the Terminator universe"

alf_pogs has a new favorite as of 04:50 on Sep 21, 2021

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

lol I tuned out of the thread just after vtuber saga and boy oh boy did the forum once again step on the gas

has anything good ever come of cspam

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Flying Zamboni posted:

October is coming up, have any goons ever been menaced by a classic horror monster such the wolfman, the mummy, or Dracula? Have there ever been any goon projects to spit in the eye of God and make a Frankenstein monster? Any goon ever try to do something simple like solve a rubix cube but then accidentally cause the events of Hellraiser to happen to them through sheer bumbling incompetence?

Manos The Hands of Fate restoration is some absolutely positive vibe goon saga stuff.

the horror movie thread had a character that would talk about his penis and refer to it as his "horror hog" all the time too but that was less feel-good

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

better ask jeeves about aluminum

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Arivia posted:

jeeves: "did you mean aluminium, sir"

it got autocorrected and i questioned it for a second then thought, "the phone probably knows"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I don’t know why people keep trying to make it a one or the other thing instead of “perhaps being victimized and being part of a “gently caress yeah, violence” echo chamber both contributed pretty heavily” type situation because that feels pretty obvious.

yeah it's this. contributing factors, not causes or straws that broke the camels back.

and the echo chamber is the thing on SA that's a lot easier to control and implement change in, so maybe uh that should happen

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

*tears of pure joy* thank you again

this is one of the funniest threads i've ever read.

inbetween some guy going all Mr Robot on his neighbors you have people egging him on and then furious posts like this

DJ-Pyro posted:

Honestly, you are one of the dumbest individuals I've ever had the displeasure of coming across. You're going to commit felony destruction of propery (not to mention tampering with a public utility) and risk the lives of people you're coming in contact with over a stupid cable connection? You don't have all of the facts and it's not your job to enforce this. What if the line is a temporary drop and the only reason the cable installer told you what he did was to shut you up. I can't count the number of times I've been lied to by the cable installer/telco guys to save their asses over something that they know is their fault.

I really hope you get caught or end up burning down the guy's house. If I were in the position and found out that you did that to my stuff, legal cable connection or not, I'd be sure to have the cops busted over something like this and file a nice little law suit.

Shame on you and shame on all the other goons who are egging him on

it really has it all

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Len posted:

my mental states been a lot better. I got on medication for my broke brain and I don't feel like I want to die every day anymore. Some days are still rougher than others but I'm getting better.

breezed past in a lot of posts but hey good for you, finding a medication that is remotely effective can sometimes be a huge chore and yeah every day is a loving battle so take pride in what you've accomplished

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

that was arfjason's 'mod is dead' moment

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

it's actually changed a lot over 20 years

n n n night mode!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Also BotL accused me of being a child molester because he didn't like how an argument was going.

a defence as old as the internet itself

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

sm57 is probably the best affordable multipurpose mic in the world. a few of them + good room sound is all you need

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Sagas thread having a completely normal one

Like actually I mean

can't be abnormal in the thread for discussing the abnormal

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i started tabletop rpgs playing Pathfinder and it was fun.

then i played DnD 5th edition and it was also fun

then we played MORK BORG and it's been incredibly fun

games are fun

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Endorph posted:

PS: the dog likes rap music and wears baggy pants

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

edit: accidental double

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

I’d happily be known as the Auslan fucker

misread this as 'aslan fucker' and was weirded out by the niche narnia content

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

it looks raw

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

that goon's username honestly should be changed to 'dick sock'

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

did fancy pelosi end up being banned or was the referendum for naught

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

pentyne posted:

lol turns out it was the 2016 lover

guess his wife still won't let him back on twitter

lol

best ten bucks i ever spent

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

one of my close friends has extreme bpd and I love them to bits but wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. on a very bad christmas they mangled their wrist really badly in a kitchen blender on purpose. poo poo is brutal and I'm sure everyone with bpd has their share of horror stories but - it's manageable with effort. finding the right balance of meds is super helpful, CBT and other therapies helped a lot too, but drat it takes them a lot of work. they're living their best life now, working and studying and emotionally heaps more grounded.

posting psychotic DMs to people on something awful is likely not an effective therapy

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

much easier to be the big fish in a small pond i guess

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Imgur assigned the file name. I'm not a Nazi.

that cute dog better not be named Blondi

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Shiroc posted:

Does anyone have the story where the goon decided to crawl out the room meowing like a cat because they got an erection while kissing their girlfriend?

Tiger King season 2

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

someone should post some zergling minor stories. he was one of the best, imo

i often think about him working at a hotel and getting abusive phonecalls from a puny mortal, who then arrived and was in sheer terror of this giant he had awoken

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Paladinus posted:

What episode is this from? Want to check something.

i think its The Glasses, when she gets bitten by the dog

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i like Seinfeld but yeah some of the episodes uh really show their age. The Beard, The Cigar Store Indian, there's some not great stuff in there

JLD is amazing in it though, she gets given a lot of the most 'nothing' dialogue but she makes such a meal out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

kind of worried about the kidney thing