Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

going to sleep now to wake up at midnight and play. ps5 ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i probably wont get back to the game for a while after i'm done

I thought this would be me and then I made a new character immediately

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

Yeah just beat the game and it’s greatest game of all time BUT it feels like they put in a lot of broken stuff like summons some of the weapon arts etc and then balanced the end game around you having and using broken stuff. Some parts and bosses if you try to advance through normally then it’s supremely difficult but then if you use the broken stuff it can become trivially easy. I experimented a little and tried doing some of the end bosses without summoning or spells and just good ol rolling blocking and sword attacks andcould clear this way but was really hard like the hardest game ever made on earth, then used ai summons and beat ‘em on first try and it was trivial. The endgame and bosses are tuned to account for you being op it seems but then despite that they still can’t quite deal with you being op especially with the summons. Like the enemy ai still can’t quite deal with having two or more targets to worry about so the summons can just trivialize everything.

Yeah I have no idea how you could beat the final heligtree boss without a summon to take the heat off you

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

It's possible but it takes a shitload of practice. It helps that she can be parried

that said I used a summon and felt mildly ashamed because I ran out of patience

Huh I tried that on Margit a few times and it seemed not worth the risk, then I forgot that it existed because of other mechanics lol. But yeah, I tried a couple times, then like 10 times with summon +10, then respec'd and changed my whole setup + used the summon and got her first try after that.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I stopped leveling at 150 near the endgame and I'm still getting crazy amounts of souls. The temptation to over level is strong...

I finished around 150 or 160 and was really overleveled for ng+

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Souls game streamer who refuses to summon or change his build or do anything but fight a boss when he finds them is on like hour 15 of trying to beat her

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i read the flavor text of every single item i pick up so that i can solve the mystery of the elden ring... the greatest game of all time

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

alexander stuff the little jar hat he gives you rules so hard.

I don't think I saw him again after radahn, I want a jar hat :saddowns:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

extremebuff posted:

there was an npc summon for morgott melina. i thought it was someone doing cosplay but I summoned her to see and it was clearly an NPC. then she started flying around shooting airslashes at morgott :stare: she was just crushing him solo so I quit the game lol

I loved it, I used that sign even though it wasn't a very tough fight, epic story summon :black101:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

something ive noticed on my high arcane playthrough is that im getting all kinds of crazy weapon and armor drops from enemies. just got an extremely dope scythe from a skeleton

The scythes are sick, if you use two the L1 combines horizontal and vertical slices and has good range

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Finally beat Malenia after about 150 tries, no exaggerating. Easily the hardest boss in the series yet. No summons and no Moonveil, unlike some wiki readers. Feels good man.

Badass :worship:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

Apparently someone on reddit found an illusory wall in Volcano Manor that will open after 50 hits (or 10 hits with a bigger weapon like a greatsword) and now I'm wondering how many of those there are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLTPsfA3bEY

Wtf

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Full Keller. (blindfolded/no audio)

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

str/fth fuckin rules

Faith scaling weapons generally are awesome, blasphemous blade and the final boss soul sword are so good

I need to try some of the int ones besides moonveil though, like wing of astel, maybe the rotten crystal sword if inflicting rot is good in pve

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Does tha effect the main wowed roud table
Stuff? Many drinks

This

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

This game is hella good tho. Nokrons one of my favorite souls levels

I love the whole underground, weird areas that connect and have weird bosses and enemies and are cool as hell

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol badass

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

Putting a boss there is one of the funniest things in the game

I don't think I'm ever going to fight that boss :saddowns:

EmmyOk posted:

Just got there too lol, insanely lame

It's not quite as bad as it seems at first, but is a funny troll what if ultra poison and instant death basilisks lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I went out to the very middle of that area to read a message and it was a guy pointing downward and saying "be wary of scarlet rot"

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i regret going further into the lake of rot, back to the main quest lol

There's some cool poo poo if you push through, get back to it eventually!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm near the end of the game and I don't know if Millicent's quest is still bugged or what. She's in the Haligtree dungeon and keeps saying she needs to give something to Malenia even after I beat that boss. I assumed she would have been a summon for the boss fight of that dungeon but if she was I missed it.

I've hosed up basically everyone's questlines except Alexander and I guess Ranni. I still have a bunch of weird key items that I never figured out what to do with. On NG+ I'm gonna be a lot more cautious with NPCs

It's not bugged, you can still do it, vague help: look around more near the area before Malenia

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the capitol owns... trumpet dudes ftw

I love them and their little :toot: sounds

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't know what a Haligtree is but I do know this area kicks rear end.

Haligtree is so good, top tier endgame area

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

Yeah at least the alabaster/onyx lords are probably a different type of thing. I do think there's a connection between the fallingstar beasts and the astels, since they have the same kind of pincers and in the full-grown fallingstar beast you can see it growing a weird eye like what the Astels have in the middle of their skulls. But they could just be from the same place rather than being the same type of creature

Definitely, they're the same type of critter imo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Chalice dungeons are epic and every dungeon in elden ring is too, including the chariot dungeons and ones that that end in a rotting tree penis or like a single bear

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I'm having a good time with it but imo it's very much Dark Souls 2 2 down to the endless mediocre copy paste bosses you beat first time and never think of again. I think 3 and BB are still better for me especially 3 just has so many quality bosses. I think the open world suits these games really well though but they didn't figure out how to give it any kind of balance outside of early and late game. I look forward to dark souls 2 3 very much.

I started a replay of ds2 when I saw someone post this opinion and man I can't agree, ds2 enemies, bosses, and gameplay generally are so bad. Tree penis and erdtree avatar would easily be top tier ds2 bosses lol. Try it again if you haven't recently, it's really rough to go back to.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Lore stuff about empyreans and Ranni and the family tree, I forget exactly the wording, but doesn't something say "Ranni stole the death rune and killed her own empyrean flesh" or whatever? I thought empyreans were the offspring of one god, like Malenia and Miquella. Rennala not her real mom and she was the first child (in secret?) of the single god?? Idk, I don't get it

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Where I am they have only defined Empyreans as rhose who could be the next Marika but they didn’t say why. Ranni cast aside her body as a two fingers to the two fingers trying to control her destiny. It also seems like she became the first demigod by letting her body be killed but Godwyns soul be killed and his body living. Which really seems to have hosed him over based on fia and finger reader crones in Noskell

That's a good point, I knew it mentioned somewhere Malenia was one and her remembrance item is the thing: Miquella and Malenia are both the children of a single god. As such they are both Empyreans, but suffered afflictions from birth.

But I also don't think I ever found anything specific about why Godwyn had to be killed (or was it just to begin to gently caress poo poo up lol), so am missing something big about that too

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That's another odd thing. I don't really understand why it was necessary, but that feels like something we don't really need to know in detail, but how many Two Fingers are there - why are there dead ones at every Divine Tower other than the one where Ranni's body is? one set of Fingers for each demigod?

Greater will controls poo poo through the elden ring, each shardbearer gets a two fingers agent of the greater will kinda makes sense. The one in roundtable hold isn't there til you get a shard, yeah? And all the ones you find at divine towers are dead because you've killed the shardbearer and taken the shard they had

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

I'm also really curious about the potential connections between Ranni and Melina and I wonder if it's just a thematic link or if there's a literal element to it as well

Gotta be literal with how their eyes line up, but idk how or why. I saw something about Melina's eye opens up at some point if you do frenzied flame ending early enough, but so far in ng+ I just did mountaintop of giants and haven't seen it yet

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i think its more that the greater will just sent down a shitload of thm in the first place to spread the word, also i think theyre just generally dyin as the elden ring stays broken. the one we see is starting to rot, they might have just fuckin died or been killed as part of the shattering and the whole golden order melting

That makes sense, cause yeah he's falling apart lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

oh yeah one thing that fuckin blew my mind that you can see in extreme sw liurnia: theres not just one moon, theres two, and you can only see the one from the moon altar after ranni's quest

Huh that's cool, I need to go see

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Was reading some spell descriptions and feel more solid in my theory that Millicent is Malenia and not just following her path. On top of the arm, hair colour, and scarlet rot connection, the spells mention Miquella trying to heal Malenia with unalloyed gold. The needle we get to help Millicent is alloyed gold I think so not exactly the same but seems to be on a similar track

My other theory is that after finding out what death root actually is that Gurannq is actually Maliketh

Hyped for you to finish her quest and get to some boss fights :hai:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

buffalo all day posted:

she finally met her match!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Loathsome Pie Eater

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i doubt you could even imagine...that which commanded our hearts, giving life its fullest brilliance. the lemon pie. OH, LEMON PIE! eaten by someone...or some thing.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Arise now, ye Gibbis, ye cringe who yet post! The call of long-lost pie speaks to us all!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

herculon posted:

Finally got two of them

Siiick. Is the weapon art cool? I have one and meant to try it but haven't yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Yup, I got two game of thrones swords and now I'm going to have two giant fire hammers too. I missed the giant block hammer in ng though :negative: