Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Machai posted:

Hold up. Teslas only use cameras for detection? And you're supposed to let it control itself? How does it even stay on the road in low/no light conditions?

If I remember correctly, this was sold by Musk as “humans only use their eyes, and we want the car to drive like a human does, therefore radar and LiDAR are only used by companies as a workaround for the fact their cars aren’t as good”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

learnincurve posted:

Someone tweet "science says we breath oxygen" back at him please

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608188826291167242?cxt=HHwWlICzrfHNt9EsAAAA

Is his plan to get so much hate engagement that people start joining Twitter just to point out what a loving idiot he is?

Because honestly, his sophomoric understanding of science and his complete lack of any knowledge or reading on the subject is completely infuriating, and I am almost tempted to stop screaming into the void and scream at his dumb Twitter account that he 100% reads every reply to so he can 🤣 at every dumb attack helicopter joke.

My GOD he’s a loving moron

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The Postman posted:

i hope they get into an argument about the illuminati

I too have heard the word axiomatic and like to use it in arguments.

I know what it means though.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Drone_Fragger posted:

British students at Cambridge and oxford burn one hundred pound notes in front of homeless people to prove that theyre not npcs.

No they don’t. The Bullingdon club in Oxford, a society exclusively for rich toffs, has “traditions” of smashing up restaurants and pubs after club dinners, and burning fifties in front of poor and/or homeless people. The club has existed since the 18th century, and has been doing horrible rich guy poo poo for its entire history. It’s nothing to do with NPCs and everything to do with complete contempt for anyone who isn’t the product of generational wealth.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Frank Frank posted:

But I thought working from home wasn’t hardcore???

But this means that employees can not only work hardcore, they can live hardcore.

And we all know that you’re not hardcore, unless you live hardcore.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Canuckistan posted:

I drive a Honda Ridgeline, which is currently the ugliest truck on the market, and I'd drive the Cybertruck too. It's so ugly it's cute. Like a possum.

Slugworth posted:

Don't be so hard on yourself while the Jeep Gladiator exists.

(Which is also so ugly it's cool, and I want one)

Ha! these cars are mere amateurs of ugliness, quailing in comparison to the true king, the Fiat Multipla:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Infinitum posted:

"What are 3 overhyped pieces of poo poo?"

Hiyoooooooooo!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

tak posted:

you know I think it'd probably be for the best if the white supremacist dogwhistles weren't constantly posted everywhere in every thread

Yes, but it’s probably OK to post them in a thread specifically concerned with the failings of a white supremacist who personally benefitted from apartheid

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1611044282030518272?s=20&t=Yg5Ib4lgnKeGwzuGMZjlmQ

“Bloo bloo, I am one of the richest people in history, why won’t people be nicer?”

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

spunkshui posted:

Steve jobs refused to make the phone big.

Steve jobs is an idiot.

Counterpoint: modern phones are ridiculously huge, and the fact they keep getting bigger is incredibly stupid for something is supposed to fit in your pocket

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Steadiman posted:

Can't imagine paying $200 a month for the privilige of being even more stressed while driving than normal traffic would make you. What a nightmare idea

Wait wait wait, the FSD thing is a subscription service? Who in the world would pay for that on top of hugely overpaying for the car itself?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’ve got to know, because it’s loving killing me: is this a quote from anything, because on its surface it seems completely vapid and faux-significant in a way that makes me think it can’t be something so stupid and I must be missing the point.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Cthulu Carl posted:

"Just tweet interesting things!" shouts man, pathologically incapable of interesting tweets.

No, no, the punctuation is all messed up. You have to remember that Elon thinks everyone is a non-sentient NPC.

Just tweet “interesting”, things!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Speleothing posted:

Some asskissing sycophant remembering a “joke” Elon made at a party in 2017.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Elon Musk posted:

I would never read a book. I don’t want to say no book is ever worth reading, but I actually do believe something pretty close to that. If you wrote a book, you hosed up, and it should have been a six-paragraph blog post.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

E the Shaggy posted:

When everything is going great and you're definitely set to break even:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1625250227178594304?s=20&t=qScY8-0Wyq1Yfn6g9O7LVw

Number of likes is a quantitative linear metric

Ease of implementation is not

How do you times them together?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

zedprime posted:

Ease of implementation is quantitative and takes the form of man hours estimated, or simpler magnitude estimates aligned to a number sequence, often in a smarty pants Fibonacci sequence assuming effort scales more than linearly but less than exponentially or geometrically.

In my experience, ease of implementation is always really measured on a qualitative scale, and it’s only when challenged on exact numbers that those numbers are plucked from thin air. And they are always wrong.

AND they are coloured by how much the people on the project value the things being proposed, it’s amazing how much easier things are to implement when the IT team whose job it is also think it’s a good idea.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

This is just enragingly stupid. It completely mischaracterises the whole Scott Adams video, in which he takes a minority of responders to a right wing poll not agreeing with a known white supremacist dog whistle and says “therefore the monolithic blacks as a noun are a hate group, get away from black people”.

The guy who made that response is a loving idiot making a video in support of someone who hates him.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

BoonyPC posted:

Pimp My Ride was mostly fake

WHAAAAAAAAT?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Bright Bart posted:

"Fun" fact is that in Poland physicians cannot legally call themselves "doctor" as the degree is considered a Master's. US chiropractors who come over because they have heritage or married a Pole can use the title.

Same with Germany I think.

Weeeeeeeell, this is a bit of a semantic distinction, in that both Poland and Germany have different words for a medical doctor and someone with a PhD. The words for medical doctor would still translate as doctor in English, and those medics would call themselves doctor if they were practicing medicine in another country.

It’s more that they (correctly) don’t consider a medical degree to be equivalent to the much harder to achieve PhD.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

meat police posted:

Can't wait for the Elon Musk AI and ChatGPT5 merge to together like in Deus Ex and find the quantum n-word

Laputan machine, laputan machine!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Piell posted:

Just completely unable to understand or perform comedy
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1638835835146747904

Honestly I feel like I’m missing something here. Isn’t the whole point of the “that’s what she said” line that it is something seemingly innocuous that takes on a different (usually sexual) meaning if you imagine it said by a woman talking to a man? How does anything in the OP fit that joke structure? It’s so bafflingly unfunny that it makes me thing I have been misunderstanding the line for my whole life…

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Data Graham posted:

Careful, this is the thought process that leads you into becoming an Elon stan

Don’t worry, Occam’s Razor helped:

kazil posted:

Elon dumb.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Offler posted:

That's not too surprising since Shatner is way too old to be a boomer.

This made me look up how old he is, bloody hell

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

davecrazy posted:

lol @ anybody who ever had a Twitter account

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Oh God the BBC interview. Just drily saying “yeah, I get the joke” while Elon Musk expectantly looks at the interviewer and weirdly laughs.

You’ve got to watch the whole thing, it’s such an awkward experience

Edit: What a weird and strange dweeb he is, he comes across as a complete loving idiot

Scientastic fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Apr 12, 2023

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Oh God, this is that thing where people don’t bother actually watching the source material, they get all their opinions by reasons articles about the thing instead.

Anyone who watched the interview would have seen the same petulant behaviour of asking for specific examples when someone makes a general point. The most hated poo poo in any argument, the “give me a specific example of a time I was home late, aha, you can’t remember one on the spot so therefore I am actually a good husband after all” technique.

What a load of sycophantic bollocks.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Contra Duck posted:

code:
"followers_count":49
I don't use twitter, can someone tell me if getting 49 followers in 6 months is normal for a person who is very funny and smart and popular?

This is like when JK Rowling wrote a misogynistic detective book under a homophobic pseudonym and it did gently caress all business, right up until the point her publisher “accidentally” revealed it was her

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

This is stupid anyway, but doubly so because it’s clear this guy doesn’t understand the difference between revenue and profit.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I can't imagine why this company would advertise this on Twitter. It's used to image cells and other small things in drug development, cancer research, etc. I see used ones for around $14,000, but even pre-owned most are "price inquire only".

https://www.perkinelmer.com/library/cell-imaging-and-luminescence-based-cytotoxicity-analysis-using-the-ensight-multimode-plate-reader.html

I know why: loads of scientists use Twitter to talk to each other and share their work

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Well, my wife’s Twitter account has been deleted, because she used it to follow other people in her field and get updates, rather than tweeting herself.

Way to alienate the last remaining vestige of user base who don’t know enough about you to hate you, Elon.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Really disappointed that the thread title wasn’t a direct quote from Elon Musk, just renouncing his life and going to be a hermit

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

gschmidl posted:

Is that really Musk's "AI" or just some other dipshits using his name?

It is another dipshit, I think

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You can only fail up at that level, even if it goes sideways she'll walk away with a boatload of money and "experience" that guarantees CEO or board positions for life.

It’s absolutely this. Anyone who would turn down this job because it would mean a few months of misery working under Elon Musk is a moron. This woman is going to be set for life unless she is colossally stupid. And even then, she’ll probably still have money thrown at her for doing gently caress all.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

“Buddy this is a bad look. Run a poll”

This guy made my day

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The Lone Badger posted:

There's a finite number of tiers, which means you're leaving money on the table. Charge $8 per tick and let people buy as many as they want.

Obviously someone with 17 checkmarks gets prioritised above someone with only 11.

Anyone who wants to get a check mark of any colour submits their financial records to Twitter, who then check the maximum they can afford per month, add $20 to that, then rank all posters based on how much money they’ve given Elon.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

“I am rubber, you are glue” level poo poo from real life Iron Man over here

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Jesus, he is such a loving idiot. “Offer me money, offer me power, I don’t care” says one of the richest, most powerful people in the world.

He really thinks he’s the loving hero of the story, when in reality he’s the desperate six-fingered man trying to buy his way out of the consequences of his actions.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

big nipples big life posted:

why are people posting the michelin man over and over?

I don’t know, but it’s pretty tiresome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Elucidation doesn’t really work in that context, I wonder what word he put into the thesaurus to make himself sound clever