Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

the best song of the century is definitely a ciceriega but I wouldn't dare try to say which one (it's piss)

it’s either T.I.M.E or bustin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

dads friend steve posted:

I watched 1 (one) Mark Blythe video and now YouTube won’t shut the gently caress up about him to me

delete the video in your watch history

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Spaced God posted:

Lmao all the big scifi and fantasy publishing houses had to close their submissions recently because they experienced like a 60,000% increase in submissions and it was all ai dogshit

looking forward to 50x book series for kids that are all like this.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Stereotype posted:

my cousin wants to be a "disney travel agent" and she told me some of the tricks and apparently there is a whole industry of people whose job it is to help people navigate the intense labyrinthian complexity that is a disney vacation

I knew a couple who did that as a side gig and they got like huge discounts so they went from Chattanooga to Disney like 5x a year.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Bar Ran Dun posted:

all I’m saying is that it’s different. and lovely in different ways.

But you generally don’t find railroad ties and dead animals in loads of US SBM.

not everything about the “rules based” international system is bad. it’s like having a turd in each hand and somebody telling you the turd in the right hand is worse.

back when I was in the intl SBM trade it was lol
when our Japanese customer’s customer would send me back 2 flies they found during unloading.

there was a bird once and then we installed like fake birds of prey things and have air blowing outward from loading so poo poo doesn’t come in. I’m pretty glad I’m out of intl soybeans because the company burned me out.

you better believe I insured every shipment, but we sold it with insurance included per the incoterms(which btw everyone gets wrong, I got tired of correcting people)

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

how does these betting freaks even form a line on these events.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

cat botherer posted:

we can circle back later

I don’t have the bandwidth for this

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

wire it to me

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

in a similar vein

->

so my sister in law who embraces all of these apps rented a pool this weekend when they visit us. it’s a big family get together so I’ll just try to enjoy it but I’m not a fan since we do have public pools here…

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

i am harry posted:

don’t come back and post here like nothing happened if you didn’t piss in that pool alright? you better drink loads of loving beer before going. got that!?

https://youtu.be/TPxiXGr9nFM

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

in other supply chain news, this one is affecting what I do.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/yellow-is-a-zombie-company-its-time-to-let-it-go

https://archive.fo/Lky1T

YRC might go bankrupt and US govt could liquidate.

they’ve been mismanaged for years imo and anybody who has been using them over the past 10 years can say that. they move a bit of my customers freight.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

spine surgeons going to be in even high demand from all these people getting bulged discs/RSI from VR all day

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

triple sulk posted:

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/07/03/gurman-apple-monitor-smart-home-display/

stuff that displays on your monitor after it's not been used for a period of time. never heard of such a thing

Apple brings back after dark

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

for the past 6 years all of the cloud based ERP/TMS/ etc systems I’ve used require chrome . from a lay person point of view I don’t know how chrome/chromium can be challenged in the workplace.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

I’ve hauled a lot in my mazda3 hatchback. it’s great.

one time fit 2 Adirondack chairs with the car seats down.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Stereotype posted:

my dick is the perfect size i've heard. for one billion dollars someone can have it though, i'd be fine with a smaller-than-wanted dick

https://mydickband.bandcamp.com/album/my-dicks-double-full-length-release?from=com-nr

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

3rd largest LTL carrier in USA (Yellow)might strike and possibly go under soon. going to be a big loving deal.

I’m already taking them off customer planning because I don’t want what happened couple years ago with central freight and terminals just closing.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

skooma512 posted:

I once asked Blue Cross Blue poo poo to refer me to a psychiatrist. They gave me a list. I called 3 of them on the list, who all promptly told me they don't take my insurance and that the initial appointment was $500, I poo poo you not.

all my mental health provider acquaintances that went to private practice take no insurance and they’re the problem.

when my spouse flirted with the idea of doing private for her mental health practice a lot of places were fee for service and she told them that unless they took at least Medicaid it was a no thanks. if she started her own it would
definitely be for insurance. would be less money but she wouldn’t have a contradiction constantly in her mind.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

lol, if you're lucky your bank has an app, and if you're lucky it supports Zelle, and if you're lucky the person you need to send money to has a bank with an app that supports Zelle and they have set it up.

I tried to send money to people using anything that wasn’t a check and it’s like might as well be 1960. nobody has any of this poo poo set up.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

watching my nephew play Roblox and consuming the 3rd party content on YouTube is pretty screwed up. I’ve been shielding my kid from it and thankfully she isn’t asking me to play. however I did tell her it’s bad and not a game.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

triple sulk posted:

i still do not understand what this is. you make your own games or some bullshit? is it like an even dumber, more gamble-y minecraft?

supposedly hundreds of millions of kids (?) play it, but to my knowledge no one's kids in my ecosphere i.e. spouse's friends' kids does. maybe it's an income bracket thing?

from what I can tell Roblox is bottom of the barrel open environment where people play user generated worlds that might as well just be chat rooms. my nephew watches some dude on YouTube load up Roblox worlds that are “find the pop culture thing” and that’s it.

and now because of Roblox my nephew has a ton of pop culture references without the context. it’s real loving stupid.

as for income, my nephews family is a <$100k annually. when I ask for gift ideas it’s always Roblox gift cards.

by comparison Minecraft is an elegant exploration game.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

yellow going to file for bankruptcy. gonna be a mess. everyone I know stopped tendering to them last week.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Re: Potential Yellow Truck bankruptcy

A driver at one of the Pennsylvania terminals gives a tour and commentary on the situation
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7260983044633365802

Yellow told my customer to unload full trailers earlier this week. these were full with freight other companies planned for their business.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

I’d like to know what yellow did to that 700m loan trump gave them?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

The ppp loan biden forgave?

it wasn’t a ppp loan. us govt owns like 30% now.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

That's good right? Or is that bad?

it means the fed gonna turn that dial up.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

I guess it’s a good thing my kid prefers sunbutter. she developed a taste for it since it was pb substitute at day care.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Yeah I still use that garbage.

it was awesome being an accountant in my spare time juggling both our FSAs and making sure we applied them correctly and uploaded receipts.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

lol my first car was a pos 1994 ford Taurus and on auto trader there is a SHO model with 60k mikes for 8.5k.

I’m sure cars from the 60s would not have been that expensive in 90s dollars if I bought when I was 16.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

you can always just look at people’s hands since , to my knowledge, that’s one visible area we can’t smooth out/make younger yet unless people start applying makeup to their dang hands.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

I'm old enough to remember Phen Phen so I'll pass on this miracle weight loss drug too

this is definitely the return of the phen phen craze but I’m not sure if there will be a similar ending however unless some real serious side effect comes out that is untenable even in this environment .

my spouse’s friends back in the 2000s remembered fondly the phen phen days and were upset they’re gone.

plastic surgeons have a new revenue stream now from deflated butts and faces.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Xaris posted:

it's actually impressive how bad zoomers+ are at computers and how little outside of the 30-45 demographic even knows how to do piracy or even understands how to like tinker and forcefully bend electronics to your will

they’re practically the same as Facebook grandparents

when they haven’t been trained in the IRQ conflict mines you gonna get people who don’t even know alt tab.

my team has a new college grad and lol the computing knowledge is about 0 from my perspective.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

think of all the new uncles that work at Nintendo would appear if MS bought them.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

day 2 of major LTL carrier Estes network down due to cyberattack. been a great few months in LTL world.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Bar Ran Dun posted:

also gently caress double brokerage.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Cuttlefush posted:

looking at convoy it seems like they were a startup dependent on money injections and they were gonna use ai to disrupt logistics or something stupid

https://convoy.com/digital-freight-network/

everything smells like they sucked rear end glad they died

convoy tried to get some of my business but after I told them my volumes they weren’t interested because it was so low.

they wanted to broker trucks for swapping trailers at a warehouse. they were after like Home Depot volume.

a lot of these brokers who masquerade as tech companies are gonna get hosed.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

iphones are pretty easy to repair and you can go to a cell phone repair place to swap batteries for you. androids are a mix. especially with glass backs.

also i think most phones will stop software updates after 3-5 years? that and batteries are the only reason to get a new phone.

computers/tvs feel like they hit a max. i dont want more hd its too much. everything looks too real

the phone releases are so incremental I just replaced my 12’s battery. I’ll probably get a new one once it isn’t supported anymore.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

skooma512 posted:

Premier League games in the US, for the moment, are actually in a fairly good place with Peacock. I can usually count on being able to watch the game and be able to watch it later. No blackouts. I guess it's because it's a foreign league so there's a little less incentive to screw around and there's no concern about not filling the stadia.

NBC is loving it up with some games on peacock plus.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

err posted:

looked into therapy since leaving an HMO and apparently therapists dont work with insurance anymore? they give you a receipt and you need to hope your insurance partially reimburses you?

loving insane.

lol nope. all psychologists I know(my spouse is one) that went into private practice take 0 insurance. my spouse is not down with that and continues to see Medicaid in a hospital setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Maed posted:

i need about 80-100

that would kill me.

if I feel groggy next day I just find another edible brand to try out. there’s enough variety in the market that works for me. low doses feel great and relaxing. I don’t need to be blasted.