Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Poor Cyrille...

I really like the side missions this game has and the little side interactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

FractalSandwich posted:

She's old enough to drink?

Her and Qingque both confuse me. Did they settle on their visual design early on, and only decide to write them as adults with jobs after that was already locked down?

Probably. Fun fact, Qingque has worked for the Divination Commission for over 10 years.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

They mention an honorary degree for for students who have not met the minimum age requirements in Pela's story so it's likely she was one of a child prodigy as opposed to being the same age as Serval and Cocolia.

It also makes for a very funny image of Serval's, Dunn's, and Pela's band.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The dragons are descended from the Aeon of Permanence. I assumed literally but who knows.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Clarste posted:

It is not even once implied that the Stellaron Hunters led the Antimatter Legion there, only that they took advantage of the confusion. Kafka didn't even know they'd be there at all, although that fits her MO of blindly doing whatever Elio says. In her words, they "didn't matter" because Elio never mentioned them.

Pretty sure Silver Wolf straight says she lured them there.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

When did the elder Landaus all die? I could have sworn that Serval wouldn't visit home because she didn't want to see her dad.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I thought the whole joining process put Sanctus Medicus in a pretty bad light, especially when they did the old "only one may advance, the other must die" thing with you. Then there was the poisoning if you're really gullible.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Seele and Bronya together? Ludicrous. Have her buff Dan "Dan Heng" Heng as the game clearly intends you to.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

In hindsight it was foolish of me to believe that completing the base MOC would let me see the Messenger's face.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sexual Aluminum posted:

We are totally helping her Single White Female poor Tamelia

That was not the direction I expected them to go given their dialogue.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Uh...quick question about the 1.2 storyline , was that the end of Dan Shu? She shows up, doesn't acknowledge her quest line, and then dies?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Tree Reformat posted:

People complained about the Dan Shu quests not flowing well, so they made them skippable this patch. I think a side effect of that is they got completely neutered in the main story.

That's a real shame. Reading about Dan Shu's "best friend" getting blown up (along with the hospital she worked at) by Lan and her vowing revenge was probably the most interesting part of Luofu.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Remembrance is crazy good if you get the Disassociation blessings. Unless you're in World 6 where things go terribly wrong at the end.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man...the writing team hates Yanqing.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Seele lives in a tent in a mine while Bronya lives in a palace. They only time they hang out is when the Trailblazer shows up for shenanigans.

You HI3 lore people gave me a very misleading idea of what their relationship was going to be like and I do not forgive you.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9yIlGpgCus

another new kafka trailer, includes a teaser of another stellaron hunter

As it turns out, the Stellaron Hunters have in fact done a few things wrong.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Reading the Databank, the IPC already controls galactic commerce. Credits are the IPC's company scrip. Amber Era, the worst calendar system, is their dating system.

And what do they do with all that power and wealth? They gather resources to help Qlipoth build its wall because they started off as a Qlipoth cult.

They are boring and Topaz will probably be boring too.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Dragon Dan is supposed to do a lot of damage and that is good enough for the part of me that likes to see big numbers.

Besides, I pulled for Luocha so clearly being interesting in the plot is not important to me.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

When you're given the optional quest of saying goodbye to people, if you did the Dan Shu quests, check around the pavilion Dan Shu used to be. You can also find the three bullies hanging out near the sad Mushroombot.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. So Fu Xuan confirms it, we've never met the real Tingyun. Man...so many strange choices to end the Luofu.

I'm noticing some new voices when talking to NPCs/new mini quests when walking around. Are those from 1.3 too? The Pacific Rim reference was pretty funny.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

YES bread posted:

what are the train guys gonna do about a tree that theyve said multiple times only an aeon can destroy

Well, technically they have a guy who can make black holes.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Meowywitch posted:

Dude is Bailu like a 10 year old doctor???

Funnily enough, she's Dan Heng's age.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

GateOfD posted:

did kekfa or dragon dan use the new echo of war mats
wondering if I should stock on them for the new characters since I already have 10+ of the other two.

Both use them for traces.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That's not a flash drive and you know it Star Rail.

The Jarilo timeline is...really hard to put together now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

NeonPunk posted:

That just confirmed my suspicion I had when they said that we'll see Topaz in Belobog. Just straight up a scumbag doing the dirty work for the IPC.

Like the IPC just straight up wrote off Jarilio after they had their Stellaron crisis and completely abandoned them. Then oh whoops, they solved it? Just in time for the IPC to come right in and show them a 700 year old document that they lent them a line of credit that they never paid off so it would be great if you guys can go ahead and pay it off now (including the monthly late penalty fees which is compounded annually in with the interests) and it would be am awful shame if you didn't paid up

Just disgusting. No wonder she has a capitalistic pig as a pet, it's the perfect pet for her

It's messed up that we gotta help Topaz evict Natasha from her orphanage/clinic but 100 stellar jades is 100 stellar jades.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The Luofu is really cruel to Foxians.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

We already experienced the Qingque companion quest in the Artisan commission when Qingque got us to do her job and then left the quest.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Tree Reformat posted:

Topaz is definitely someone who saw her home nearly die and be saved when she was little, and has completely internalized the reason why it was saved as good without seeing or acknowledging any harm that came of that decision. Moreover, she has survivorship bias because she managed to rise through the ranks to the elite of the corp and can live as comfortable a lifestyle she likes as far from her homeworld as possible, to the point she doesn't have to care about the occasional hit to her income whenever she needs to assuage her conscience.

How many people on her homeworld weren't so lucky, who can't enjoy the improved environment of their world because they live crammed like sardines in a tiny apartment and spend all their waking hours slaving for their corporate masters?

Lemme check the Underworld and I'll get back to you.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Koboje posted:

Here is a thought regarding Topaz What if the IPC were entirely content to ignore Belobog as the debt had already been written off, someone has to care and specifically bring it up in a capitalist boardroom society for a closed chapter like that to come up again, so what if Topaz lobbied for the Debt to be considered still valid, promising to take care of it, so she could come and give Belobog the choice since she wanted to give their world the chance hers got, effectively dooming Belobog by putting it back on the map

After this update I feel the IPC is a bigger and scarier threat than anything we have come up against. Some Legion thing? Eh plainly the tech and ships exist to hold em off, or just run away if needed. Stellarons? Yeah some worlds get doomed, that is horrific. But the IPC is a debt slaving empire that has in effect already won, their influence is obscene and while some parts of worlds and places will benefit, ENTIRE WORLDS may end up in effective permanent slavery, depending on the conditions they impose on worlds who they can bind in any flimsy pretext, it does not matter if it is fair or right or even obvious bullshit if you are the only meaningful power in the area and can enforce it, have media control, and no one else is gonna risk their neck/economy/tech by opposing you.

The antimatter legion destroyed a galaxy. The radio broadcast did not sound like this was something new.

The denizens of abundance go to planets, do actual slavery, and then drain resources until those planets are uninhabitable rocks.

And the worst is Nous and the genius society.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat, Jingliu whupped Blade's rear end. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get more from that quest besides a lot of "stay tuned" but I guess they had to directly and clearly explain what's going on with the Quintet.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The Fragmentum is full of ghosts and memories so I really wonder how long Bronya could keep a secret like that. It's only a matter of time before someone has the box pushing skills to figure it out.

Though I suppose with Topaz backing her it's a lot easier now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I bought 1 million credits worth of Herta figurines and they're all sending positive energy to your next pull.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Do pants just not exist in the star rail universe?

There are many pants in Star Rail. In fact, Dan Heng wears pants.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ruan Mei kind of looks like Dan Heng. I think that means I like her design.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The IPC is probably just another aspect of China. It's not like China is unfamiliar with capitalism.

Also lay off Qlipoth, they gave us a cool spear and control over a giant robot.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

...time to not do Echoes of War until I unlock the new one.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I can't imagine anyone dying during this random visit to party planet.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Meiteron posted:

I grab the three exp assignments every day and a single enemy drop assignment which is whatever I need the most of (usually revolves around whoever I am building or intend to build next. If I need nothing, I get twigs because I find fighting mara-struck to be the most annoying.

Same here. It's nice to have a big stack of exp materials ready.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lord_Magmar posted:

They choose to hoard and isolate knowledge with no oversight instead of sharing and teaching others. I think that's the issue at least.

He thinks that people admire and depend on Geniuses too much. Herta, despite being Herta, works with the IPC and is sharing her genius. The first since Aiden in fact.

My impression of the Intelligensia Guild is horribly tainted by the guy who we helped to de-age himself to death. Also the same thing happened to his mentor and a bunch of other Intelligensia guild members before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I feel bad for Mr. Ratio but he's number 3 on my leveling list behind Serval and Herta. Also, why do we call him Mr. Ratio in our texts? Yes a dog defeated him in a debate but...