Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Ben Nerevarine posted:

same, I’m searching around right now for a planet and place where I can temporarily dump all my contraband stuff for a later pickup

I will inevitably forget all about it

If you can get to the Wolf system without getting scanned you can sell to the Trade Authority dude on the Den

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

She's not a cop, she's a heavily armed reporter.

And former cop

Edit: Apparently I'm loving wrong and she only dresses and acts like a cop and has a bunch of cop contacts

goth smoking cloves has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Sep 26, 2023

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Ignore List 2 was better

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

euphronius posted:

maybe in addition to being yellow the ladder can also talk and tell you about itself. maybe it’s romancable

Stop spoiling the bg3 dlc

goth smoking cloves has issued a correction as of 13:32 on Oct 5, 2023

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

all the dlc are worth doing once.

This,

Dead Money is the weakest one, the mechanics are kind of tedious and from what I remember you don't really walk away with anything particularly cool for all the effort even if the story is interesting, still worth playing IMO

(That being said, I do wish more developers would try something totally different from the main game with their dlc like they did with Dead Money.)

Old World Blues is probably the second worst (Even if I do really like it.), the story is good especially the NPCs but the gameplay reminds me a bit of the lazier side missions in Saint's Row.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I really like Dead Money. :shrug:

I think 90% of the hate for it could have been solved by making all of the malfunctioning radios destroyable

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

i remember switching over from zSNES to RetroArch and it was like, oh, emulators have in fact come a long way since 1998

I still miss MSDOS Mame tbh

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Tom Holland as Link is going to suuuuuccckkkk

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Al! posted:

starfield isn't trash, it's just one of the most unfinished games i've ever seen being sold as a full game. say what you want about fallout 4's writing pacing etc. at least it appears to be a full, completed game

I don't totally disagree with your point but, I can't shake the feeling that had they realized their vision they would have jammed even more tedious bullshit in instead of building on any of the fun things already in the game

To me at least, their focus on making sure you can't break the economy and the tedious skill tree makes it feel like they don't understand what people even liked about their games in the first place

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was multiplayer only

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The warframe devs call it "persistent beta," which is a pretty good way to describe an MMO.

Stealing design ideas from Gunz the Duel smdh

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Al! posted:

fluido de pal

I was willing to live and let live but now the game must die

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Goons would rather convince themselves superhot is real than admit something they don't like is popular

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

genericnick posted:

Isn't that just Baldur's Gate 3

The campaigns were good but, I think most of the appeal for Neverwinter was how easy it was to make custom adventures and mod it.

You could straight up DM a level live and take control of NPCs to act out events and a bunch of other stuff.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

When's taylor going to get her own mtg card like malone did?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Crying bitter tears as I place halo combat evolved into my nintendo eshop cart

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Those lithium batteries need to be replaced

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Playing thru cyberpunk 2077 atm, have managed to largely avoid spoilers, but have a question:

I picked Streetkid as my background. How different are the other playthroughs? I'm sure the whole Relic plot thing works out the same, but like is there still a Jackie if you are a corpo or nomad?

You always meet Jackie in the intro, the circumstances just change

Other than certain dialogue options the backgrounds don't affect the game all that much

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

well you can't lose your hand playing a video game, is the difference

VR and Mario Party 1 beg to differ

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Lol I never knew about the gloves

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

It also actually just looks like a cool town builder/mix of Mount and Blade and Total War which was already enough to get my attention. THe other stuff is just an added bonus

:yeah:

I love mount and blade but, I've been dying for a version that's more of a game and less of a sim and this looks like it might deliver

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

In a post credits scene aerith wakes up aboard the battlebus

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

i do think that's dumb, just change it so he smokes weed

Nah, give him a mr fog

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Speaking of starfield, did the patches fix any of the underlying issues with the game?

My younger brother uninstalled it off of his xbox so, I haven't played it since a little after launch

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Lmfao no. The 4 hour video essay I watched this week went into it: only bugfixes, those bugfixes are hailed as QOL which I guess is technically true, mod tools still not released.

I knew this would be the answer but still... Jesus loving Christ

I'm not nearly as negative about the game as most people because I still enjoy Bethesda's slop formula but, how in the gently caress did poo poo like the skill tree make it past so many people?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I love to quote a person saying they're enjoying something with "No!!! You're not!!!"

No you don't

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

loquacius posted:

How are people still like this

I guess teenagers do still play video games

These dudes are almost assuredly the same age as us

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I'm guessing the c&c collection still requires you to install a bunch of fan patches to run any of the older games?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

"different" is one of many words you could use to describe the skill tree and leveling system I suppose

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

stuff like this is great, i used to have a folder of them from playing magic the gathering online for like a decade

I don't think regular gamers can top magic player rage, especially since most of them are exactly like this IRL.

Just a bunch grown dudes trying to get into fights with each other for ~$15 of booster packs

yet I still play :(

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

one warhammer 40k tournament was enough to get me to swear off anything but painting forever

Love when these guys are in the shop, whole place smells like hamburger and there's not a burger to be seen, still friendlier than mtg players though.

You're generally better off only playing tabletop games with people you've vetted

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

back when scg tournaments were a thing a known grinder told me i played like poo poo and my deck was bad after he lost

Yup, had one of those people call me a "simpleton" for running a damage can't be prevented effect in my sideboard at an FNM.

The poo poo people will say to you when you play mono red lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Windows has always hated any display changes, this isn't new