Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Is spanish amazon named spamazon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Unfortunately, it's just called AmaZÓN and you yell the last part because yelling is fun.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Picnic Princess posted:

I had Pong when I was a kid. What do I win?

marshmallow creep posted:

A better shot at social security than the rest of us.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

dudeness posted:

Do nudist colonies have funerals?

If so what is the appropriate clothing/noclothing?

fins posted:

Everyone should be at half mast.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Re: the soccer team trapped in a cave in Thailand

chitoryu12 posted:

How did they get in?

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Clipping error.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Continuing to talk about children in a cave:

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is there a reason they can't tie a rope at both ends?At the very least that should make it easier to move supplies, and with a tether potentially some people.

Spatial posted:

*falls in a cave*

*grabs the nearest child skeleton and begins shaking it wildly*

my nigga have you tried rope??

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think wearing a Chinese-style dress falls under "cultural exchange" in a way that a rocket launcher shaped like a totem pole does not.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Wait, one of Symmetra’s dresses is a qipao?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
They're probably talking about her Lunar New Year qipao skin

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Well, I’m sure that was a whole thing.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pirate Radar posted:

Well, I’m sure that was a whole thing.
It actually wasn't, like at all. Some poster in the OW thread is trying to make it a thing though (and a mod immediately went "don't do this" lol)

The native american skins Pharah had though, those were rightfully an issue, until Blizzard went "Pharah is part native American on her father's side"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That one's still an issue, making a character lazily part Native is seen as nearly as bad. Maybe worse when it's just to justify a game skin.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

That one's still an issue, making a character lazily part Native is seen as nearly as bad. Maybe worse when it's just to justify a game skin.
For sure, but the point is it's still nowhere on the same level as "possibly a qipao or qipao-styled dress for a Lunar New Year event"

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
It's like that guy who (in this thread, even?) preemptively went "I don't give a poo poo what queer people think about Mrs. Doubtfire", so obviously spoiling for a fight that wasn't there.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

luchajones posted:

20 years? She should be lucky to have a job that long. I'd say she had up syndrome

SplitSoul has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Jul 3, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Whiz Palace posted:

It's like that guy who (in this thread, even?) preemptively went "I don't give a poo poo what queer people think about Mrs. Doubtfire", so obviously spoiling for a fight that wasn't there.

IIRC queer people ended up not having much of a beef with Mrs doubtfire at all.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

By popular demand posted:

lcd monocle

Yarr I got the powerup and won the game

Metal Gear XXI: back from retirement.

That Dang Lizard posted:

I can't wait for the launch of Cabela's extreme small game hunter sim 2018

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

punchymcpunch posted:

something something NINJA loans

punchymcpunch posted:

oh poo poo wait

thats a clown

punchymcpunch really pulling weight here. Either that or being really easily entertained is my hidden super power. Pretty sure it's one of those two.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
There’s a loss edit in that cartoon, just wanting to break free.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

In a discussion of how Kansas is terrible.

lol if you posted:

kc royals are going to sign a convicted child molester as a pitcher.

he has to play pitcher because the middle of the ball park is the only place far enough away from the stands to not break parole by being too close to kids.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

HerStuddMuffin posted:

There’s a loss edit in that cartoon, just wanting to break free.

There have been roughly one million loss edits of that cartoon.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Untrustable posted:

In a discussion of how Kansas is terrible.

He's excited because they promised he'd spend some time in the Minors.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Marcade posted:

He's excited because they promised he'd spend some time in the Minors.

:emptyquote:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

BigglesSWE posted:

Every win is just a prolonging of my anxiety; I know we’re getting booted out, but when? The closer to the final, the more hurtful it’ll get.

Hoping for Croatia. I had completely forgot they went to the final back in ‘98, until my Croatian girlfriend pointed it out. I’m going there in August would be cool if the country is riding that winning-high.

vivisectvnv posted:

your croatian GIRLDFRIEND is wrong

they lost to france in the semis in 98

sebzilla posted:

Sounds like she's used to disappointing semis, good news for you lmao

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

They should have sent a poet

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Sebzilla from downtown

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Really Pants posted:

Doki Doki Moral Panic

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

in the us it’s called super mario bros. moral panic
:goonsay:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Spatial posted:

VEGA: Good morning Doomslayer. What will the first sequence of the day be?

Doomslayer: VEGA load up ImpMan please.

Doomslayer: Could you kick up the ah, IDDQD please?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Trump thread is delivering this afternoon.

Siljmonster posted:

Chuck Schumer and his decorum were in the closet licking boots and I saw one of the boots and then the boot looked at me.

Phobic Nest posted:

Poor Pruitt left before accomplishing his goal of abolishing ice.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Tunicate posted:

3SS confinement is well-established in the industry

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The DOOM thread has been on fire lately

Spatial posted:

VEGA: Good morning Doomslayer. What will the first sequence of the day be?

Doomslayer: VEGA load up ImpMan please.

Doomslayer: Could you kick up the ah, IDDQD please?

Morter posted:

This is amazing and I love this

Sorry that I'm late to the party, but has it been brought up that Do4m actually references celeryman in-game?

Guillermus posted:

There's a gif of dad Kratos looking at a computer and then trashing it in disgust. How come none made this but with doomguy?

For reference:
https://imgur.com/jmpglTO

The Kins posted:

Good evening. I'm no 3D animator, but I think I can say I've remedied this?

https://i.imgur.com/3tBd446.gifv

Retro Variant
https://i.imgur.com/kJxh0N0.gifv

Dark Variant
https://i.imgur.com/dFcmUXD.gifv

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

givepatajob posted:

Hello Muddah, hello Faddah
Here I am at Camp Pattaya
Camp is very entertaining
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Jim Barris posted:

I got matched with a bespectacled woman who listed art and drawing as one of her interests. Her other interests were D&D and Video Games. So we got to talking about art and she tells me about how she draws all the time and has aspirations of some day shilling her art at a con. So I ask to see some of her artwork. It was all furry stuff and though what she showed me wasn't explicitly erotic it was pretty obvious that there were pictures I wasn't seeing that ARE erotic.

The art was not good. Not just because it was furry. She can't do limbs right. Perspective is all weird and poo poo. I said all this to her, though I wasn't vicious about it. She didn't throw a fit cause I criticized her work, which surprised me.

She is pretty much my type, physically speaking. Very petite, short hair, glasses, and the pale milky skin of a person that exists mostly indoors. I'm into it, right? So I'm having dinner with her tomorrow and if she wants me to gently caress her while she wears some kind of raccoon costume, I'm gonna do it. I will not wear a costume myself, however. Who knows, though, I would assume a pervert furry fucks on the first date but I'm out of my wheelhouse here. I doubt this will go anywhere beyond maybe a hook-up but I like weirdos and I'm betting it will be a fun and interesting time for me tomorrow.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Let's be honest: you're gonna wear the raccoon costume.

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016
Lol if you've never hooked up with a furry.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Marcade has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Jul 8, 2018

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
When you think about it, a fursuit is just a plush glory hole.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Comptroll The Forums posted:

When you think about it, a fursuit is just a plush glory hole.

thats why i don't think about it

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Inspired and creative use of an established devastating own.

Say Nothing posted:

Did this thread get merged with the cute thread?

Samuringa posted:

Turn On your monitor.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Karate Bastard posted:

Inspired and creative use of an established devastating own.
:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
From BSS, talking about Marvel Comics character The Thing

Yond Cassius posted:

Slightly-late return to ThingChat:

I have no idea how I'd submit this, but I've had a What If? kind of mini-script knocking around in my head for a while. It's probably not worth printing anyways, but I like it and maybe one day if I have too much money I'll commission someone to do it just for myself.

What if Ben Grimm hadn't been on Reed's spaceship that day? What if Reed decided to fly it himself?

I imagine that Ben spent some time helping his friends adjust to their new lives, but eventually our ever-lovin' blue-eyed Ben Grimm finished up his career as a test pilot and moved back to Yancy Street, opening up a little Jewish bakery and deli on the corner. He's the kind of guy who appreciates the kind of foundation that a good solid meal puts on your day. It's a nice place, an informal community center of sorts, and he keeps a couple tables in the corner for the old Yancy Street Gang.

Once in a while the paper has a story about his friends, the Terrific Three, or maybe he looks up while he's locking up for the night and sees Johnny flying overhead, doing that weird looping 3 thing he does in the sky. He wonders what life might have been like if he'd followed through and flown that crazy thing Reed built.

He doesn't think too hard about it, though. He's got a good life for himself. He's got a weird meta-position in the superpowered community, and his shop is a widely-agreed neutral ground. Doc Samson stops by regularly for a bagel, lox, and coffee. Kitty Pryde drops by for a big loaf of challah whenever she's in town. Magneto swears that nobody makes a better hamantasch. Spider-Man swings by for a Reuben partly because he knows Ben doesn't mind if he's a couple bucks short now and then (besides, he's good for it eventually). Namor buys boxes and boxes of bagels.

Ben likes to take pictures with the super set when he's able to spare a few minutes, and the photos line the walls. More than one "misunderstanding" has been cleared up over a couple cups of coffee and a plate of rugelach.

But his favorite part doesn't have to do with any of that. His favorite part is right near the end of the fall, when the air is crisp and clear, the days turn short, and the leaves turn bright orange (something about that color always resonates with him, he doesn't know why). That's when he knows the apples are just right. He buys them in giant bags from a farm upstate, and he'll spend all morning cutting them up by hand, because each piece has to be just the right size and shape. He does it personally, because his assistants are good but this job is really important, at least to him.

Ben's favorite part of the job comes in the afternoon, when he gets to open up the oven one more time before the end of the day, when the blast of warm air fills the whole shop with the smell of cooked-soft apples and toasted crust and his personal secret blend of cinnamon and spice, so good you can smell it out on the sidewalk. Ben puts on his big mitts and reaches into the oven, his arms straining under the weight of the heavily laden tray. Everyone in the shop knows what's coming, and they'll get up from their seats, shuffling over to the counter in anticipation, waiting for him to set it down, to pull a deep breath of air into his lungs and announce:

"IT'S COBBLERING TIME!"