Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Any collectors in the UK able to recommend a good 6inch scale figure stand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

They didn't even officially announce half of that wave yet.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

Yeah, I am having some "I should have bought them just to show off" feelings right now. I don't really need/want the others, but I do desperately want to be cool on the internet.

Understandable, but I think you are cool just for having Fennic so it's not all lost.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Can anyone in the UK recommend a good universal (as close as possible) action figure stand you can buy in bulk? I really liked the look of the Hex Bases from a few pages back but it looks like Can of Beans doesn't ship to the UK? (loving Brexit)

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I got back into figures a few years ago, when I randomly saw the Black Series Jedi Revan from KOTOR. It was in a sale so it was only $13. I couldn't believe how good it looked in person. It's honestly nicer than any Black Series figure I have picked up since then. (Why the heck don't they make HK-47?)

Black Series is in an abysmal place these days with poor quality control and weird character/tooling choices.

I'm hoping for a change in direction or management soon.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just paid a premium for the drat original Bane Black Series and he arrived yesterday

:negative:

The original is much better, simply because it's his iconic look and without the squint.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I like the squint though. And I’m assuming that head will also have the metal plate on his forehead.

I think the squint looks great at some angles and not so much in others. Interesting that the promo pics were taken without his breathing tubes attached.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Shiroc posted:

Still look really shiny and off to me. I guess I stick with Monsterarts for what I want.

Yeah. I was really anticipating this reveal and it's not drawn me in at all. I think Rose Biolante is a great design but maybe not the best choice for the first action figure as it really draws attention to the lack of articulation for both Godzila and itself.

Also, I expected way more accessories. No power effects at all?!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

Going to probably write up a post about my thoughts on the super 7 godzilla stuff soon ish, so look forward to that I guess.

Working through my thoughts on them and why I feel the way I do. It's interesting at least!

I would be interested in hearing them. My thoughts are complicated to and I'm not sure if I'll be buying or not yet.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Wait, so there’s 3 JP toy lines/collections now?

Legacy Collection = 3 3/4inch scale
Amber Collection = 6” black series style.
Hammond Collection = ???

They killed off the Amber Collection and replaced it with the Hammod Collection. The advantage of the Hammond Collection being it's 3.5 scale so they can make the larger Dinosaurs reasonably.

However, all the rumours are pointing to Hasbro getting the license back next year so even then it's probably not worth investing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

CPL593H posted:

Hiya figures have great sculpts but I never wanted to pay that much for figures that small. HOWEVER, they recently announce they're making figures of Judge Dredd and all four Dark Judges so I'm buying the poo poo out of those.

Sold out.

The Hammond collection isn't even available in the UK and I'm gutted about it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Random question but what's the deal with The Fwoosh?

I assumed from the Youtube channel that is was Robo who ran it by himself but looking at the website and the forum and it seems like there's a full team? Is Robo the owner or just a member?

Not important, just curious.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

https://twitter.com/hasbropulse/status/1521857004737863685?s=21&t=tWFR0IakD8Hx_EqcJgZ7_w

I’ve got three Figrin D’ans preordered on Amazon and I’ll grab three of these tomorrow on Pulse and then I’ll claim my Absolute Lunatic title as I swap parts around and make a diorama for the entire cantina band.

It’s only money :shepface:

Amazingly the deluxe band member is already showing in stores.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Nanigans posted:

Feels good to be more or less “caught up,” preorders aside. Though there are still a couple of figures I want. Notably the Dewback and Tauntaun. I kind of want the Snowspeeder, but mostly for the exclusive Dak Ralter figure.

Also holding out for an updated Jango Fett because gently caress the old one is bad.

You have a lot of great figures, including quite a few on my wishlist.

The Gaming Greats Jango is pretty good. If they don't announce anything for AOTC anniversary I'd say that one is worth getting to fill the gap.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

I don't want to clog the thread up any more than I already have, but I want to make sure BSS gets first shot at these before I go to SA Mart or elsewhere. Don't reply in the thread with questions or offers, DM or email me (so we can get back to toy chat.) Email is dneighbors @ gmail.com (same for paypal if you want something) I will keep this post updated if/when things sell. I will most likely put up a bunch of Marvel Legends mid-June when the school year ends and I have more time.

Just a quick question in public incase anyone would like to know but could you reasonably ship to the UK? I have my eye on 12 figures.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I love both of these but I wish the paint apps on Burning Godzilla were better. Maybe some trans plastic for the orange.

Much improved over the first two releases though.

Edit: I'd still prefer jaw articulation over swappable heads though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

Hammond Collection T-Rex is showing up in places.

The entire line isn't officially available in the UK which is very frustrating.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Is there a good place to buy Gunpla kits in the UK? I feel like dipping my toe.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Pulse Rifles are cool and good, and this is arguably the best and cheapest way to get something approximating a full size replica.

Unrelated Alien toy question; How are the Hiya toy figures? The queen in particular?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

Tomorrow I'll write up a thing on it.

For now what I'll say is, this is not going to be worth the triple digit price point it's asking for.

100% agree. It just has enough details off about it that it doesn't look right. Maybe the joints will be refined a bit too or maybe I'm seeing things but they look a bit unsightly hidden the rubber.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Agrias120 posted:

I’m kind of underwhelmed with the Rangers, but it’s hard for me to articulate why. That Goldar and Zord are magnificent, though.

I'm in the same boat, though it's probably just the nature of the pictures. Not really posed, not lit well, etc.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Does anyone know when the Book of Boba Fett S. H. Figuarts Boba will go up for preorder in the UK?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

After seeing how the Silverhawk figures look in person I'm too reluctant to drop any money on Super7 lines except the Godzilla one, and even then I feel like Melting Godzilla might suffer massively once we see a painted final figure.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh jesus christ please be awful so I don’t end up going all-in on yet another line

https://twitter.com/Todd85298175/status/1582557231567937536?t=ICQgiABfkqjQRAaNMhmoQA&s=19

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Ohhh ok, they’re a hard maybe. Locutus coming with a poor range of accessories there, though.

Yeah. I'm going to have to see actual product shots of these before I commit myself. Interested to see how the articulation looks in real life too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Are there any good 6inch or so scale Matrix figures?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Do you have an Insta?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Nerd Of Prey posted:

They can't all be winners, I guess... It's Sentry's gun hands all over again, odd choices of accessories sometimes in this line. Maybe some third party customizer will make some big blue energy fists for her.

The nicest thing about collecting Black Series is that Hasbro mitigates this issue but not bothering to include any alternate hands or heads or energy effects in anything.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

I do now. Same name over there, but one word joefisto

Added you.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Shiroc posted:

I'm getting to opened up the rest of the stuff I got yesterday.

At the Gamestop I also got the Black Series Zaalbar on 50% off clearance. I don't really have affection for the character in particular but I love Wookiees and $10 for a Wookiee when I'm already buying stuff works

I'm finally reading One Piece and even though I won't get to when he shows up for a while (I'm up to the Aarlong story, volume 10) I got another Yamato because he looked cool. I do wish that the branding wasn't hosed up and that they didn't misspell The Grandline Lad on the box

These are my (Poké) balls.

The Quick Ball is the new one and probably the last one I get. They're very nice display pieces but cost a lot and are all the same thing in the different shells. They didn't even bother to update the electronics for the Master Ball, so if you press the button it will still cycle to the 'failed to catch' red color half the time.

It's annoying that they switched from the brushed metal look for the last two Poké balls. I only have the original, and I want Ultra and Great. I wish they did something with the skulpts for them so they at least the patterns were engraved or somthing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

They are actually- about 8 or 9 inches, to go head to head with the Godzilla stuff. All of the monsters and Zords are being scaled with the Godzilla line, so I'm obviously happy about that.

The individual Zords aren't scaled that way though, right?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

So in theory if it all works out, this is where their heights would line up. It's why combination is impossible for what they're going for- much like with Transformers, you cannot have perfectly screen accurate G1 designs that can also transform, or especially combine.

Great post mate. Yet more reasons I'm all in on this line.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I'm after both Armadillo arms if anyone has then going spare?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Is there anyone in the US, or who has access to the US, who is able to help me get hold of the HIYA toys Godzilla figures? I'm in the UK and it's impossible to get them.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Can anyone recommend a good fashion doll related forum? My fiancé has gotten interested in collecting them.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

They’re doing another Hydra Stomper? Will it be the same one as before but broken up as a BAF? Considering you could pick it up pretty cheap not long after going on sale, that seems a waste.

I think it's the Season Two version of an Hydra Stomper. Looks more modern.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I just want some good The Matrix figures. Give me a great The Matrix era Keanu and Trinity and Morpheus and Smith.

Sentinel Red posted:

That is the most perfect Anakin I think I ever shall see. Green button and red lenses for life, yo, blue button lovers gtfo!

Seconded.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

robot roll call posted:

I got Super 7 Ultimates Godzilla and I thought that would be of interest to some of you:

I love him. He is enormous, beefy, heavy and about as poseable as you'd think (not very), although the tail, neck and arms are pretty decent. The jaw is not articulated but it comes with a roaring head that also looks great. He also comes with a few hand options and the vines Biollante wraps around his neck. I've never owned a Monsterarts so I don't know how it stacks up but the NECA 60s Godzilla vs Kong Godzilla I have goes up to his shoulder and has fairly similar articulation. Godzilla vs Biollante is my favorite big G design and this captures it perfectly.

You're the first person I've seen report getting this. I was wondering when it was due.

Happy to see yours avoided any Super7 quality issues. I'm so on the fence with this range.

All the villains and melting Zilla are great looking, but I need in-hand reviews to convince me.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’ve got G and Biollante arriving tomorrow and I’m honestly kinda dreading it, given how awful and broken their 2001 Ultimates were.

Fingers crossed they are both in great condition. Please post pics and a review if you fancy doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Mattel’s crowdfunded Jurassic Park Gates campaign isn’t doing so great.

Also $250 in the US or £300 in the UK?! (That’s $393!)

Yeah, its a disaster. It doesn't help that the gates themselves are attached to an ugly base to facilitate play features no adult collector could care about AND that the Bull T-Rex (from the sequel, so never even interacts with anything else in the set) is an unlock despite being most of the value.

Honestly, there's no decent JP toy line out there for adult collectors. Mattel has tried but they simply don't have the skill/budget to pull it off.