Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Voting A because Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries was my favorite game. I don't mind B or C winning either, as long as it isn't D. Two double companies in a row is too much.

This has been my favorite (and only) let's play thread since I paid :10bux:. I see only more good things on the horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

PoptartsNinja posted:

If you want to voluntarily not get plot, that's perfectly fine. I can work around it, it just means the delay before the next match will be way longer than usual since I'll have to throw out most of what I'm working on.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, but I'm glad you're not too upset about it.

Letting us shoot the wrong things makes the story more interesting!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
C and B

I almost went c and c so I could make a c&c music factory joke.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
C and H.

ComStar handed over the papers with which Amaris made his decision and it seems Amaris is a good judge of body language. ComStar wanted Amaris to use up his equipment and munitions to soften his forces up a bit. Amaris knows this and is partially bluffing. Amaris is saving his nukes for whatever comes next and is hoping for the clans to either accept a head-on battle or leave, not to ignore his threat. When they DO ignore his threat, he's not only tipped his hand to ComStar, he will probably lose some of his wits trying to provoke a clan attack. It's a tough call if Amaris really believes in this centuries-long grudge or is trying to prevent losses for a larger threat with ComStar. Yes, I'm over-thinking this, but this one I believe has to be the most hilarious option if true.

As for H: I can't help it, I wanna know what this new weapon boat is. Also I'm already sick of multi-front engagements.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I see voting is over but just in case: E

I imagine a wolverine holding onto objects like a sloth does. Or like that lime-holding meme.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
How the clans act overall is still mostly in the writer's hands, either options could lead to massive infighting depending on future events. If you want clanner death, vote for the now. Voting A.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
We've ignored the pirates for too long. While B and C are kinda interesting, they're not mystery boxes.

Voting A

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Kilty Monroe posted:

So what constitutes a "wrestling move"? Is it just any physical attack or are you drawing up a bunch of new unique physical attacks just for this scenario?

Also it looks like you forgot to double the head armor (unless this is just a hilarious design decision).

There are lot of different moves, I hope whoever controls the charger gets to negotiate for a proper move when the time comes.

Boston Crab on the Crab :v:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Can I make a mech that is technically two mechs?

I may be in over my head with this, I don't think I could get megameklab/SSW to spell it out.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Welp, there goes my idea of two stripped mediums holding up a steel stretcher full of ac/5s.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm gonna vote B because we haven't had a merc mission in a while and it's sort of like a mystery box, the mission could be anything! Even a boat!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

PoptartsNinja posted:

Official numbers:

A) 13
B) 37
C) 39
D) 14

I'll be calling it in a few hours, probably around noon my time, so I can start working on building the map and opforce.

I request a recount!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I tried my hand at this sprite making business. Here are some geodesic domes.

A coniferous forest
A camping site
A forested lake
A forest being harvested

I'm currently attempting to make some modular soviet bloc apartment tiles, but it turns out I am really bad at perspective.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
C-C-C-ComStar breaker!

PTN, do you have any skyscrapers I can use as a guide?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
PTN, do these look like buildings to you?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm going to vote C because I saw the words red and corsair next to each other. However,

Narsham posted:

I'm voting D despite the Corsair bandwagon.

D is the stuff good novels are made of, but we're all so aware of what Amaris will do, it's almost a throwaway. Thus, pirate funbots.

Still, Amaris need to do something soon. I'm hoping for some backstabby twist in the next political vote.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

paragon1 posted:

D is for Davion, friend.

whoops!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
In PTNverse, every clanner is perpetually seconds away from bursting a blood vessel.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

PoptartsNinja posted:

I've been having a heck of a time coming up with something worthy of a political vote after writing the state of the Inner Sphere fluff.

Who's up for some mercenary contract negotiations instead?

You mean, they don't just walk up to a comstar terminal and browse available contracts?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
1E

Wasting my vote at this point, but I don't like any of those contracts. If I were in his shoes, I'd sniff around for something not a death trap and get his team some more skill/experience.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Remmon posted:

I'm no EVE Historian, but the short of the matter is that way back when, Goons where small and BoB was HUGE. People banded together and eventually kick BoB out of their space. And then continued to kick them repeatedly until they were effectively broken.

Then Goonswarm and later GoonWaffe and the related alliances grew and grew and grew an they became fat and huge and well, in some similar to what BoB once was, though in many other ways different.

And now a coalition of smaller groups has finally arisen after all this time to challenge the great Goon warmachine and unlike all previous comers, they're actually winning. Or at least seem to be. This war is after all far from decided.

I thought they forgot to pay the bills and returned to being some moderate power?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Back Hack posted:

How...how do you sit in this thing? The handle bars goes directly into the pelvis area.

Might be adjustable handle bars, I can kinda see something like a pivot just behind the horns.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

paragon1 posted:

This is some real edge of your seat stuff.

:agreed:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
1B) No. And send them pain.jpg.

I know some sweet space-faring swag would be some tight poo poo, but I'd rather troll the clans and leave with an already sizable paycheck with my nuts still attached and still big enough to turn heads at the hiring halls.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

PoptartsNinja posted:

Jojoken Outskirts: doesn't need my help. The map will take longer to set up than all of the others because I'll need to make more buildings to keep it from looking like garbage.

I never got any feedback on the buildings I made months ago. If they're usable, I can crank out a few more, even if we don't get a city map this battle.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

PoptartsNinja posted:

I didn't see them, actually. I can absolutely use those.

Cool. Here's a couple more I was sitting on.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Voting F. Almost voted E, but space australia has the power to turn my gaze away from the mystery box. C and D were also tempting but I see they're in good position to have good/neutral results so far.

Someone in the Devil's Due should be named Kevin the oval office.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Scintilla posted:

I must admit I too have high hopes for Friend Computer.

Like the quake 3 AI server, the dropship AI came to the conclusion 0:0 was better than 1:1 and comes to a halt. The attempts to disarm and dismantle the units were not shared with the public.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm mostly worried people won't want to see the current AU "end." There's going to be loose ends no matter what, but I lost a lot of my early notes and vote results with my old computer. I could keep the current thread going forever--but the question is: should I? There's going to be a point where I start contradicting myself and everything's going to turn into a mess (just like what happened in the real universe) and we'll start needing bigger and bigger time-skips to see how things turn out. Especially since it'll be half a year before the rest of the Homeworld clans can show up.

Plus, and this may be a small matter to some, but it isn't to me: this is primarily a BattleTech thread and as much as I really want to experiment with Alpha Strike I'd also feel guilty springing an 8-10 turn Alpha Strike scenario on someone expecting a 15-20 turn BattleTech scenario. Especially when I'm still not entirely familiar with the rules. Things could also go pear-shaped in a hurry (even though I don't expect it) since I'd be translating Alpha Strike back to hexes.

I'm not looking to end the LP. It's just grown hard to continue when I've lost half my notes (along with my list of Dramatis Personae). I've legit forgotten some of the people I've killed off, which is why the Precentor Martial wound up being both Tor Miraborg and Ian Davion.

I agree, it's time to end it. I like consistency and it'd be a shame if too many contradictions arose in the future.

But before it ends, I want to see at least one city map. I'd hate to have my terrible contributions go to waste.

Also, video game adaption when?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Voting A to make sure the new company isn't totally boned. All three look good to me.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Dolash posted:

Edit: in at least partial seriousness, Battletech might hold up in a new cartoon show. Sell it to executives as kid- or teen-friendly Game of Thrones with toyetic giant robots and a built-in fanbase, mix liberally with 80's and early 90's nostalgia. They brought back friggin' Voltron, it's probably doable if the rights weren't a clusterfuck.

Which is bad, because I want Game of Thrones with battlemechs, adult themes and all.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
A is kind of a tough choice. B is easy though.

A: 1, 4
B: 3

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
B, but A is also good if it wins.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

My ugliest building made it in :unsmith:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Xarbala posted:

I can't believe we missed out on that

not emptyquoting

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
D, because nuclear hellfire always means chaos.

B is also good if we get the demon hawks again, but PTN is playing coy harder than usual for some reason and it's kind of annoying/getting in the way of an informed vote.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I wouldn't mind not seeing alpha strike again. I missed the verisimilitude the regular rules provide.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I think we already established the flexibility of this spinoff universe when the 200 ton tripod mech entered the field with a lance and left with a mech shishkebab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I don't know enough about kuritas, but I do know I am an agent of chaos, therefore I vote G.

• Locked thread