Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Shibawanko posted:

Honestly I wouldn't give a poo poo about multiplatform titles on the wii or wii u, they're not the reason I buy a Nintendo console in the first place - my last one was a Gamecube and I never bought any multiplatform stuff for it because those were just clearly better on a PS2.

Look at this guy that never played Soul Calibur 2 on GC...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

illcendiary posted:

I dunno, they're called Blu-rays, not "DVD U"s. More of the blame falls on Nintendo in this case.

Oh man if HD-DVD won the format war...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

KittyEmpress posted:

I don't like that Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 are coming out for the Wii U because even if they both had similar attach rates to NSMBU (unlikely) then they would likely be considered financial failures. Wonderful 101 probably will do better than bayonetta purely because it has a sort of child-like glimmer to it, much like a Mario game. But who will buy Bayonetta, the only hardcore/serious looking game on the WiiU?

I do not want these titles to fail because Platinum is great, but I do not see any other end.

Hey, Bayonetta 2 was destined for failure the second no one else wanted to publish it but Nintendo.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Jumbled_Johnsons posted:

Off-tv play is great for me. And I didn't have to buy a $200 handheld - which uses (way) overpriced memory cards, and which doesn't have a whole lot of games that I would really be excited to play - to make use of this feature.

Dude the 3DS XL's memory cards are cheap, and they have a shitload of games to play.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Chaltab posted:

He was talking about Vita :psyduck:

Yeah I know.:thejoke:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TheScott2K posted:

God drat, even the WiiU Tears thread has moved on from the WiiU.

I honestly thought it was the Xbone thread until you posted that.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Spiffo posted:

Oh cool I kinda wanted to get into Infamous 2. I liked the first one. So I can just go out and buy the PC version, yeah? And just put it in and play?

edit: Oh, weird. I can't seem to find the PC version on Amazon. And the guy at GameStop laughed in my face. Maybe they don't carry it anymore??

I'm more surprised that you found a GameStop that actually sold PC games.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Is Bayonetta 2 out yet? No? Not even a new trailer? Well then I'm going back to sleep.

Are you me? That's the reason why I haven't bothered with it yet.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I am Reverend posted:

Seriously, I had no idea the Gamecube did that poorly until I read this thread. Everyone I knew who played games had one, and for most of us it was our favorite system because of awesome poo poo like Double Dash, Melee and Resident Evil 4.

That surprised the hell out of me, too. It even had the best version of SC2 :negative:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Jeffrey posted:

Why can't we have a grownup romantic comedy for once?

Blsme Julia Roberts.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

You sure it wasn't one the 13 Xbox fans in Japan taking out the competition?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

AdmiralViscen posted:

There's no reason to think the West would get DQXI at all. We didn't get the DQ7 remake.

poo poo we still haven't gotten the DQ Monsters 1 remake. It feels like that was two years ago.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TaurusOxford posted:

What world do you live in where SM3DW is 2013 GOTY?

A world without the 3rd St. Saints aka a world I don't wanna live in.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Thrillasaurus posted:

I doubt Dark Souls II or Watchdogs is coming to the Wii U.

Isn't Watchdogs supposed to be one if the few 3rd party games coming to the Wii U?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

flyboi posted:

Am I in a twilight zone? Last I checked Sony has consistently hurt for money as of recent while Nintendo even with the deficit that is the Wii U is sitting on billions in reserve. Remind me why they would abandon the 3ds considering how profitable it has been and is still a hot ticket for this holiday season :allears:

Because I want Mario on PS 4

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

NeilPerry posted:

^^^^^^^^^
SMT4 has no PVP.

Some of us live in Japan thank you very much

ばか外人:colbert:

Caring about Japan is why Metroid: Other M exists.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're already exceeding what the PS3 sold at this point. And being that they have actual support it's ensuring the PS4 is going to last a long long time, it's not going to be something that burns out.

Yeah but the PS3 had a bad rap then (remember "get two jobs to afford it"?)and it took years to get itself going.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You know I really want to play Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros and I have to keep reading this and similar threads to remind myself i should not buy a Wii U

Same here, but luckily Nintendo's helping us out by not releasing them anytime soon.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Chocolate Teapot posted:

Sony should probably stop bothering with games like The Last of Us or Uncharted, then.

It only applies to Nintendo and you know it :colbert:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Cliff Racer posted:

Ugh, why did jamming popsicle sticks up out asses never become a thing. People are loving this popsicle stuff, how has this not happened yet?

It's a thing to me, and that's all that matters.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kurtofan posted:

? The Wii U isn't exactly lacking games port wise, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, Asscreed 3 and 4, ME3, Deus Ex HR, RE Revelations etc...

A lot of those came out earlier (almost a year) on the other systems. I don't know why the hell they even bothered with ME3 after the poo poo it got on Xbox 360/PS 3.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 19, 2014

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kuuenbu posted:

I would be surprised if NoA even knew Something Awful even existed. Much like how surprised I'd be if NoJ knew what a PC was.

Of course they know what a PC is: it's where they get their Rapelay/Water Closet fix.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Craptacular! posted:

I think after the Reggie thing on Spike, Cranky Kong is something of a symbol of Nintendo being stupid with their (very vocal) audience..

Wasn't that all about Joel McHale making fools of everyone there?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Quest For Glory II posted:

e: And for an extra kick in the ribs, America is only getting 3 GBA titles in April, and Japan is getting 13. And we're not talking like obscure Japanese Pachinko simulators, we're talking Warioware, Zelda: Minish Cap, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, Golden Sun, Wario Land 4. Japan gets them, America doesn't. IT MAKES NO SENSE :psyduck:

Because we're dirty gaijin and this system wasn't made for us. It's a Japanese equivalent to the Xbone in that way.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I pulled up the Wii Bomberman game on VC last week and people still play. Full rooms even. Sucks for them.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Monkey Fracas posted:

I guess if they just eventually go under in the future the games aren't going away anyways. Mario on the PS5!

Let's monkey's paw that and add: Made by Double Helix.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

seizure later posted:

You're describing what people thought about the Wii upon release. Nintendo just thought they could catch lightning in a bottle again without ever really analysing why the Wii was eventually a runaway success.

That and they probably thought that the next gen systems wouldn't be out until later this year/the next.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ImpAtom posted:

That's a little unlikely if just because the PS4 is assured to get certain big-name IPs and even if its star has cooled in upcoming years, Final Fantasy XV is still going to sell a million copies there.

Don't forget the inevitable pedo bait games that saved the Vita there.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Barudak posted:

Its the PS2 all over again, baby. Hail to the king.

Nah for that to happen, Microsoft and Nintendo would have to be not making GBS threads themselves.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Crawfish posted:

What didn't they localize?

I'm not trying to argue anything, i'm just interested is all.

Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. I'm still salty about that.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Dave posted:

This is the solution for all of Nintendo's problems, close thread.

It's helping the Vita in Japan...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Bruceski posted:

The main gripe about R/S is that's when they hit the "50 bajillion water pokemon" problem. Otherwise it was solid.

It was more "trumpets and Tentacool", since that's all you normally saw.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

greatn posted:

I think they really could if they wanted. They would have to patch a lot of their own games but they have not appeared patch averse to say the least.

You wouldn't have to worry about splitting the controller base for third parties, because there are no third parties. They could still make some of their own games require it and sell it separately, like the kinect I guess.

They probably could, but it's too late and wouldn't matter at this point. Like what's about to happen to the Xbox...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Suspicious Dish posted:

No, you don't go into 1st place until the very end, because then they'll be hit by the blue shell of working online play.

Yeah but Nintendo held onto that blue shell since the Gamecube, and by god were they gonna use it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Why would they need to go to the trouble of making PSone Classics on the PS3, when you can just play regular-rear end PlayStation games on the PS2 anyway through backwards compatibility :psyduck:

Having a digital library provides quite a different experience to having to use physical media.

That doesn't work and you know it. I can't even load Monster Rancher 2 on a PS2...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

kater posted:

Here's a contents: Why the gently caress is Earthbound $10 on the eShop when everything else is $8? Is Nintendo just assholes?

It's an extra "gently caress you" to non-Japanese players. Didn't they release Mother 2 on the Wii at the normal S.Famicom price a long time ago?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

AdmiralViscen posted:

I'm just glad Nintendo is here to give us unprecedented experiences like New Super Mario 4, 3D Mario 2, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country 5, and Wind Waker Round 2. Maybe tomorrow they will announce Kirby 17.

If I didn't play it, it's new to me...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Stop making the thread funny if you want it gone so bad.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

deadwing posted:

Man I can't wait to see how badly Nintendo fucks up the most interest there has ever been for the Wii U today

At the very least they won't be showcasing an exclusive TV show for 20 minutes I guess that's OK

You know you'd watch a new Captain N or Mario Bros Super Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Sarchasm posted:

This thread should die, then we can all go back to discussing Nintendo in the proper Wii U thread where open discussion is welcome and encouraged.

Nah, I like it better here. You can't armchair CEO as much in the main thread. Nintendo should go to the Ouya.

• Locked thread