Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I realize that, thanks though. I've now done this one fight 6 times and have gotten the 20 Iso "reward" 5 times in a row. It's still sitting at 1/4 Rewards. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't wreck Storm every time with his 250-damage move. I have to wait for her to come back now (I'm out of little + free heals for a while).
If you have enough Iso you can level the character up for a free heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Trainmonk posted:

The way I understood it, the thor comic cover isn't from that, it's a separate thing in a couple days.
Its also rewarded at certain tiers of the avengers pvp event. You can click on your score within the pvp event to see a list of final rewards as well as the point tier rewards.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

New Leaf posted:

I just got a notification from Marvel PQ that was simply called 'collect' and had a cut-off message that said "Iron Man has made improvements to his Repu" (assuming it's something about his repulsor blast or whatever.. Anyone ever get these? I tapped it and it just opened the game.
Yeah, it seems like if you don't play for 24 hours you'll get a random cover or hero points or something. I got an iron man cover first, then 100 hero points last night.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Soylentbits posted:

They give you stuff for not playing? That seems stupid. There's a really good game here buried under lots of dumb.
Its basically one mission reward, if you play twice a day instead of once a day you're still getting more than the person who waits for the daily "come back and play" reminder bonus.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

JHVH-1 posted:

There seems to be a huge gap between doing pretty good and being in the top and the rewards just aren't worth it. Maybe I'll leave them some more feedback.
Yeah, I'm hovering around #200 in the Thornament, and I don't really want another Hawkguy cover but I might be able to hit 1000 points for another Thor cover so I'm conflicted.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

seravid posted:

How are defensive teams selected anyway? I fought against a couple of top ten players with sub-20 level toons, no idea how that's possible.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=242

Postby IceIX » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:51 am
Your defending team is the last team used in that Event. You have a different defending team per Event.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Argh, 2nd place with <1 minute left in hood lightning, take a 14 point fight to close out, and finish top 8. Wish you could see final leaderboards, cause when I looked at it with 2 minutes left, the guy in 3rd was 15 points behind me. At least I got the two hood skills that matter.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

I'm quite curious what their character schedule looks like - the variants like Model 40, Bag-Man, Classic/Modern show that theoretically anything is up for grabs which is really cool, but there's still some core Dark Avengers characters that are missing and I'm wondering if they're holding them for a 'Chapter One' tab, and if so how far away it is.

IceX on their forums said that the red ISO event was basically 'chapter one', and speculated that chapter two might be ready to go as soon as R42.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Shwqa posted:

Yeah but as we start maxing out heroes what else is to spend money one?

It cost me 18k iso to raise my daken from 10 to 45, so 'maxing out heroes' isn't a trivial proposition.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

I think you can use the Brotherhood bonus against him though.

Ugh a Yelena. They should put a sell button on the cover draw page.

Also those rule clarifications are kind of scary. :ohdear:
You can hit the right arrow in the top right once or twice to get to the sell button.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Give Daken the same Adamantium Bones as Bullseye. :getin:

Give Daken CStorm's yellow. :v:

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I'd kill to be in a bracket that slack. Top two in my current bracket are 12101 and 11082 points. I fell to 10th place at 5538 right now. Going to have to grind hard to stay top 15 tonight.

Man, I must be in a slacker bracket or something. #1 in my heroic bracket is at 3911, and I'm #19 with 2153. Overkill damage no longer counting for cstorm has slowed me down a bit though.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

I find it odd that Grey Widow has two powers involving green gems but her gem strengths are purple blue black. She's the only 3 power character I'm aware of whose gem strengths don't match the power colors.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

DrManiac posted:

So should I just do the red iso event now or wait until the last day? I don't want to waste my time if the values on the last day are 3000% more.

Assuming its exactly like the first time it was run, there is no rubberbanding, and new missions appear every other day, replacing old ones.

edit: Although now that I've run through the missions, I do seem to be getting slightly more points than I remember from the first time.

chrisf fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 27, 2013

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Yeah, people are already farming the first day repeatables. Doing every mission once was enough to get me to #74, getting 1-3 is going to be impossible.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

seravid posted:

The red ability could really benefit from that; as it stands, it's too expensive for what it does. The sniper shot would become pretty overpowered, though.

The only thing to really use the red for is to set up match 4/5s or break urgent enemy countdown tiles. Using boosted IM40/Hawkguy, boosted grey widow, and the hood has made the hunt super easy for me so far. I also don't see the point in three levels of repeatable mission that all give the same reward points.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Edit: Also about 100 ranks out of top ten so probably not getting up there in the next 30 minutes.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I thought it was ending at 9 like all of the other tournaments. So much for finishing my grey widow. :(

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

WetSpink posted:

I'm wondering if to fill the 10 days that the cycle might repeat a couple times for multiple alaska/florida/savage lands excursions.

Probably, since now Alaska is showing "event in 11h 43m".

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Deep Winter posted:

No-one wants first place, so the top five aren't doing any more matches. Someone attack me! I want the dooms!
You can attack people, surrender, and then yield to drop points.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Purple -- This is the odd one. If you could choose both tiles to swap it would definitely be one to take to 5. Since the special tile picked is random though it makes things a lot more chaotic, particularly if playing with Draken (since the second AP adds his attack tiles to the mix). For fighting goons I like it at 1-2 points since the painful abilities are purple or green. A third would be nice for greens as well but ideally you want to set it up so the warped tile gets shattered and there's usually going to be both purple and green on the board. For fighting players? :shrug: Bring another guy with a better purple ability.

I just found out from trying that the description isn't correct. It won't grab your own special tiles, so it's a decent damage ability for 8 purple and not blocked by your own daken or bullseye.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Sell Hawkeye classic and Jug, pick up the cap and wolvie rewards, sell yelena, venom, and bagman.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

Is there any conceivable reason to take Moonstone purple past 3? I think that may be the worst skill in the entire game.
It's better than taking her black past 3, and it's not so bad now that it can do damage.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Bruceski posted:

How does that work with Wolverine and Moonstone? Is each bit of damage per red tile counted separately?

The strike tile bonus is added after the photon blast damage is calculated, not on each red tile. I just did 1590 from 9 red tiles, 5 of which were strike tiles (234+119*9+57*5).

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

The brackets are 50 million players. Good luck with that. :v:

Looks like the main event is unbracketed, and the 50 million is how many points to unlock hulk. The side events are brackets of 2000, and I haven't noticed any rubberbanding point values yet.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Anyone have a good strategy for Hulk? It seems like if I don't kill him in one turn, i'll get like a three match cascade and the resulting anger/clap cascade mania take out my team in one turn.

Save up your ap and kill him in one turn. Or keep him permastunned with spidey, or unload on him after you stun him with storm classic/hawkguy/black widow/etc.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

GeckoMissingo posted:

What would be the reasoning behind this? Is a lovely low-level team just less likely to show up in people's games?

People with mediocre teams won't skip you, allowing you to get easier retaliations for more points at the rush to the end.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm #483 and the same holds for me (easiest mission gave points twice).

It doesn't actually give points twice, mine said I got the points a second time but that end screen is rarely accurate and my actual point total didn't change after my second clear of the easy mission.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

Augh. I actually hit a limit on how many skips I could use, or something, and now I have no valid opponents in Double Shot and it's all locked out. I thought that judiciously picking my opponents could net me in the top 10, but apparently, I have to fight somebody's level 80 Wolverine or whatever.

That's just issues with the app communicating with their server and not being able to pull new matches.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

I wish they'd remove the cost reduction from any ability that has reduced cost on levelup, it would go a long way towards breaking the thor/wolverine/spidey/rag mix and match teams. The original IM35 had cost reduction on his powers that made him better than the two stars on release to the point where I didn't switch to Thor until IM35 lost his cost reduction.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

messagemode1 posted:

But it costs half as much? 11 ap vs 6 ap.

You can use it about twice as often, unless you're talkin about thor red.

They were saying "if we had increased Rag's red to cost 11 ap at level 1 so that the reduction on levelup made it cost 6 ap at level 5 it would be just like Thor's red. Instead, we made it cost 6 ap at all levels."

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Afraid of Audio posted:

That's the big problem I have, at max level before Rag would be able to deal 1800 damage and generate 15 green for 6 AP, that was pretty insane. However now Rag deals 900 damage and generates only 4 green for 6 AP. That is pretty pitiful when you compare it to Thor, who generates 5 far more useful yellow AP AND deals more damage at max level for the same AP cost.

As it stands right now there is literally no reason to use Rags.

If Thor's red lost its ~50% discount Rag's red would be better damage/AP again.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Ability cost reductions are something that either every skill should have, or no skills should have.
Before the skill rank/level rework, there was no reason to use Thor over IM35 because IM35's original skills had AP reduction along with % damage bonus on milestone rankups, and they both had the same level cap due to having 3 powers. That patch also included nerfs to IM35 to remove his AP reduction. Thor losing his cost reduction will make Rag's red better than his again. I would love to be able to use a team like IM40/Hood/Grey widow, but there's no point when Thor/Wolverine/OBW are as efficient as they are.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

I really would like more black and purple abilities. The only black ability in the game that's any good is Dr. Doom's, isn't it? It does so much damage but it sucks if either side has any board churn ability, I hate smashing my damage tiles.

Hood's black is useful but pricy if you're running IM40/hawkguy, and Moonstone's black is ok for PvE and is occasionally useful in pvp as a stun.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2184

They announced their planned Invisible Woman buffs.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

WetSpink posted:

That's weird, I thought the reason they started giving boosted starting levels to 2* 3* and 4* characters was to make their levels represent their tile match power more accurately.
For their initial level, yes. My base level 30 X-force wolverine has 19/17/15 as his highest damage, as does my level 30 IM35. 30 Hood is 18/16/14 which is close enough. My pile of 2 and 3 stars at level 50 (bullseye, grey widow, moonstone, hulk, doom) do the same (+-1) damage with their highest match colors as well.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

delfin posted:

Still gonna believe that Patch exists when I see it myself, or when someone dev-ish acknowledges it.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=31319#p31319
The pasted text above was a direct quote from IceX on the official forum.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Wooo top 2 in the hunt, now I finally have an invisible woman so when they rerun the hunt in 3 days I'll have access to three more missions.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

delfin posted:

"I don't always test my code... but when I do, I do it on the build that goes live on the server tomorrow."

If it was an isolated glitch now and then, I'd have more sympathy. But daily rewards have been broken for more than a week, Wolverpatch going live in the first place was an error, they still haven't fixed the occasional 'NO EVENTS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE' or 'here, have the PREVIOUS version of the event' loading glitches

I just got my 90 day green hulk reward, and I've never seen any of those happen on iOS.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

The planned changes for Thor and Wolverine: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2636

Edit: Anyone with a 3/5/5 Thor or 5/5/3 Wolverine is suddenly happy.

Also: "Given that the scope of these refinements, we plan to temporarily increase the sell prices on Wolverine (and Thor) once these changes are rolled out."

chrisf fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

OH GOD THOR WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU

Okay, looks like they've re-weighted the damage based on the colour flow he can cause. Red feeds into yellow feeds into green. Red being the weakest attack now, yellow, midtier with green being the finale teamkilling strike. That's a pretty huge shakeup for thor.
At level 85, new 5 red is 1011 damage (down from 1113), 5 yellow is 723 damage (down from 2225). Glad I have Ares, even though we don't get to use him for some of the PvE stuff.