Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Is there PC-PS4 crossplay right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Fuzz posted:

Why is the Gram so lovely, holy gently caress. :smith:

You should have been there when it was first introduced. It made a buzzing sound. I though my speakers were broken.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

ullerrm posted:

+ status chance is only useful on Lanka, Grakata, and maybe Hek.

It works well with the Grakata, I can tell you that. I've been levelling one up just for the new mod. With that and Hammer Shot, the status chance is %40. I've also got Split Chamber in there, so that %40 usually happens twice for each shot, and there are maybe 12 shots per second. It is ridiculous. With toxic damage and blast, tons of enemies wind up knocked over and poisoned.

Sure, putting that much effort into any other gun would just kill my enemies, but it's more fun this way.

I'm also enjoying my new Viper Wraiths. The leading solution in ammo disposal.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

randombattle posted:

I hope that new melee system lets me go all metal gear rising on dudes.

I'm hoping it's more like Warhammer 40K. You have an attack button, a stun button, various combos between the two, and the animations make it abundantly clear that you are loving dudes up so bad it's ridiculous.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Azran posted:

It is. It went something like this:

Goon: I'm looking for a max Hornet's Strike!
Me: Oh, hey, I can use my L. Core to max it out for you.
Goon: That's great, name your price.
Me: Sure, let me check the market. It seems max Hornet's Strike is going for like 20p. Let's make it 15p.
Goon: Deal!

:shepicide: It's my fault for not realizing L. Cores are actually worth something, I just supposed they were kinda cheap because everyone had them.

Didn't you notice something was up when the trade tax was 1,000,000 creds?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

It was a dark day when they fixed Accelerated Blast, but now we have this. 92.2% status chance.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Shine posted:

Do the puncture/impact/slash/elemental ratings apply to melee charge attacks?

Yes, it matters a bit. I did some testing a while back, jacking up the puncture damage on a Jaw sword. Damage on charge attacks went up, but not by much. Jaw sword is kind of pathetic anyway.

/edit

Just did a quick test with a Scindo. Increasing slash damage by 60% brought up charge damage by 30%.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 13, 2014

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Sure, your dojo has a Zentertainment Center, but does it have an Up-Bridge to Hoverdrums!?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Derp de doo, running T3 survival for 35 minutes for those awesome drops.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Mango Polo posted:

Guess I'll wait till rank 6 then. Are any of the earlier rank weapons particularly worth investing in? Because all I tend to see people use after a while is Ogris/Penta/Soma/Prime stuff.

The Hek is pretty great. Probably my favorite gun for high-level bullet sponges.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I did some number crunching on the new weapon damage values, and it looks like Amphis is now a great weapon, ideal for new players.

Amphis has:
top-tier DPS
easy to use with good speed and range
hits multiple targets and stuns
no rank requirement
a cool lightning explosion on air attacks
the stance card with matching polarity, Clashing Forest, drops from Corrupted Ancients and is easy to get

the downsides:
requires two neurodes to craft
low crit rate
DE might decide to nerf the attack rate at some point

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

how good is something like the dual ichor with blood rush and body count?

e: according to some chart on the wiki, with true steel and blood rush, at just 1.5 combo you get a total crit chance of 139% (!)

at 2.5 combo you have 205% (!!!!) crit chance which seems pretty absurd, and with blood rush you only have to smack something every 15s to keep your combo multiplier, sounds pretty great on paper

You haven't even figured in a Naramon buff.

I've been doing ridiculous things with the Obex and Blood Rush. The attack rate on that thing is pretty fast to begin with, and on top of that I use Berserk+Volt. That way I can crank up my combo counter as fast as possible. Crits increase my attack speed, which increases my combo counter, which increases my crit chance.

I need to try out a Volt+Valkyr team up just so I can get my attack rate up to a billion punches per second.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Rorac posted:

I have done this with sparring melee weapons (and other weapons, but anyways), and I can attest that it is exactly as awesome as you think it is, but forget about actually performing any combos outside of holding RMB if that's something you do a lot, you won't be able to click/button mash fast enough to keep up.

That's why you need to switch to the secret best stance mod, Grim Fury. DE did a good job of hiding it, it doesn't match the polarity of any weapon you can put it on. Put that on, then just hold backwards when you need to take out a stubborn target. Even if you don't kill them, you can stunlock the crap out of them with constant finisher animations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Mr.Citrus posted:

I have a stash of arcane helms I've sold over time. 99% off the time it goes like this:

Me: this helm is super rare, so how about 400p? (Ive checked Median price online by this point, which is around 390p)

Holy balls, they're worth that much? I've been trying to sell off my old stockpile. I got some guy to agree to 150 per helmet, then he picked two he wanted and said he'd pay 250 for them. Yeah, that deal didn't go through.

I did trade a ancane squall helmet for some prisma cleavers, though, and I'm pretty happy about that.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I for one dislike the tonkor but mostly because I've been burned too many times by it skittering between Grineers' tiny stick legs instead of exploding and then going boom harmlessly behind them when I could have had a fine mist of clone blood <:mad:>

I have the same problem. My FPS instincts kick in and I am compelled to shoot my exploder gun at the bad guy's feet. The only thing that makes me feel better is rocket jumping off their faces.

mortal posted:

How crucial/helpful is the projectile speed mod on the Tonkor? I looked through my mods and realized I somehow don't have it despite doing a million T1/3 Sabs.

On it's own, it just makes the grenades go farther. Probably not worth using. If you have a Zephyr, though, and get the Turbulence augment, and crank up power strength to 175%, it makes tonkor shots explode on impact.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Denzine posted:

giving them hikou prime with concealed explosives build makes a lot of things easier.

They don't hurt themselves with their own explosions?

Now I want to give one a Kulstar and see what happens.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Fish Noise posted:

Here's how I roll:

No critical forma, Transient Fortitude probably doesn't need to be immediately maxed like I did, and on low-energy missions where you NEED to be on point with the shield polarizing (I'm looking at that Sortie 1 Europa Intercept from the other day), switch out a Drift mod for Flow.
edit: A Greedy Pull will probably work too.

And of course, you still want to exercise SOME caution around Nullifiers, Techs, Fusion/Anti Moas, certain Ospreys, and Bursas.

I don't know why you're going hog wild on range. Just throw in the usual stuff, plus Blind Rage and Fleeting Expertise. I don't see the point of working in Overextended unless it's a defense/interception mission on that really huge square-shaped map.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
The best snowglobe strategy is to shoot your Kulstar so it explodes just outside the edge of your bubble, murdering everything over there in a hilarious fashion.

Maybe this is actually a good way to boost snowglobe health during the invulnerability phase, while also helping you to reach your optimal 4-second interval timing? Could be. Maybe not, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Speaking of hilarious strategies, has anyone ever tried building a murder machine out of Limbo's cataclysm? The augment makes it keep going if enemies die inside it. Suppose you had a speed Nova bringing in enemies, a Vauban throwing up batilles inside that, and a Frost making narrow minded snow globes inside that? Everyone inside would have tonkors or maybe atomoses. If it works, it would turn high-level survival missions into painless meat grinding expeditions.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Is there anything worth getting in the Naramon or Unairu schools? I got like 2 dozen unairu lenses from the plains event and they're the only lenses I own so I've just been slapping them on everything.

The Naramon thing that let's you dash through enemies to open them up to finishers is pretty cool.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Next time I log in, I'm going to get a pile of 3-day boosters. I want to delay that until next weekend. I was going to just not play the game during the week, however, I just started building the parts for Nekros Prime. I'd like to get that building once the parts are done. Can I just leave Warframe running to avoid the login?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

he1ixx posted:

-- When people refer to "level" in this game, what are they talking about? Master Rank? Frame level? Weapon level?

Yes. Also mod levels, because you need to upgrade those, and Focus, which is the late-game infinigrind.

quote:

- When I buy a frame blueprint off the market (for in-game credits), it requires some other frame pieces. How do I find out where to get the blueprints for those other pieces (besides the Wiki)? Is there a thing in game that will tell me where to find things like that?

You can go to the region chat and ask things like "where volt", a bot in the channel will tell you. You can ask other thing, like "When Baro" and get a answer. The allowance for spelling errors is pretty broad, so sometimes people will just be in there spamming "when borko my dorko", it's pretty great.

quote:

- Each weapon starts at 0 level and goes up to 30. Does that mean that you can be doing high difficulty missions with a level 0 weapon? Does that suck? Should you drop down to the easier missions for this or do things like frame level and such compensate?

edit: What gives you energy to power skills?

The level your weapon is at = the energy it has. You can double that by putting a catalyst in it. Some mod slots have polarity icons on them, and dropping a matching mod in that slol will half the cost. Finally, your mastery rank will grant you a minimum of energy. I'm rank 17, so every weapon I get already has 17 energy to work with. I have to get weapons up to level 18 before I see more energy coming in.

After you get a weapon or frame up to 30, you can install forma to put one of those polarize icons on a mod slot. This resets the weapon to level 0. Leveling up anything gives you mastery xp, unless you're re-levelling something you just put forma into.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
A newb can get some good stuff at Cetus. Vigilante Armaments and Auger Accord are both easy to get, and very straightforward 'make gun shoot better' mods. I can't remember if you need to do the Gara quest before bounties open up though.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I'd like to see the alternate reality version of this game where it got Japan-style audio design, and every character vocalized their actions. Every warframe would be letting out a series of grunts and yips as they parkoured around. Every power cast would be boldly declared. That Saryn next to you would just be saying, "Toxic spore. Toxic spore. MIASMA!"

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Well now I'm extra glad I'm taking friday off. What a fabulous prize for burning off vacation time.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Magres posted:

From a while back, but are Orokin Cells super rare from Extractors or something?

Rare enough that I took a screenshot when I got some.

I got 4 from this.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RFC2324 posted:

Can someone explain how Saryn is supposed to work? Build for duration, use 3, then pop 4 every now and then?

Saryn is all about using all 4 powers together to wreck entire waves of enemies. She works best on defense or survival missions, but can pretty much always get the job done.

Throw spores around. If you see enemies that don't have spores already, give them some. The spores do some viral damage, but also create a weack spot for you to shoot. When you hit a spore, it bursts and spreads to nearby enemies. Just keep doing that. Weapons with big hitboxes like the Ignis can really move this along. The Kohm and Boar Prime work pretty well too. You can use the Hikou+Concealed Explosive for a comedy option that actually works really well at range.

Molt let's you survive in a pinch. Drop a decoy and move somewhere. You can also put spores on your own molt at half cost, so go ahead and do that. When enemies shoot it, the spores will burst. I usually leave this set up on one side of the map while I get spores going on the other side. Eventually, molt will be gunned down, and when it blows up it gives everything nearby a toxic proc. If the molt has spores on it when it blows up, anything that survives gets spores.

At this point, all the enemies on the map have spores. They're all suffering from viral procs and damage numbers fill the screen.

Toxic Lash is the least interesting power. You get some more toxic damage on your melee weapon. While it's active, your melee attacks will burst spores.

Miasma brings it all together. It's a quick simple nuke, but it causes +100% damage to anything suffering viral, and another +100% damage to anything suffering from toxic. Also, when you cast it, your molt will explode, as long as it's in range of your miasma. Simply casting Molt then Miasma will double the damage. The real way to do it, though, is to fill the map with spores, then put spores on your molt, then cast miasma. Enemies will have viral damage from the spores, then toxic from your exploding molt, so the Miasma does triple damage. Anything that somehow survives gets spores.

Saryn is all about damage numbers everywhere, wiping out the small fry, nuking anything that fights back, and spores everywhere all the time for everyone.

She used to be the frame of choice for some affinity farms. I think an ember would use the augment to grant fire damage to a teammate, and then max range Saryn would nuke the entire map.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
They may have nerfed the Sonicor, but I've still got my Iron Shrapnel.

https://i.imgur.com/ureTNtX.mp4

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 17, 2017

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Terbulus posted:

do we support webm here yet?

You can upload a .mp4 to imgur and post it inline here.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RFC2324 posted:

triggered

https://youtu.be/51ZPcCyIaek?t=44

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I realized something about the character you see in Apostasy Prologue - he's been doing the voice-over for Prime Trailers for quite some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO4ldsvVbjA

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I farmed hard for Mesa when she first came out. Built her as soon as possible, but never really saw the appeal. She just didn't seem that strong, but I held onto her, just because I liked the color scheme I came up with.

I just now found out that you're supposed to hold down the shoot button with her ult instead of tapping it a bunch.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I love how they justify that with quantum nonsense. When you observe the contents of your relic, you collapse the waveform and determine what's actually in there, but you get to observe the other relics too and decide that what you observed over there is actually what you found inside your own relic.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

turn off the TV posted:

Here's a weird thing: some Warframes have absurdly high detail/resolution normal maps.

They really do. Check out the bottom of a warframes feet sometime in captura, they're insanely detailed.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
You can bullet jump without twirling?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Spotted this on the warframe subreddit:

https://giant.gfycat.com/GlossyBonyHerald.webm

Archonex posted:

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how rare is Hate from the Stalker?

√-1

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I wouldn't put a catalyst or forma in any sword early on. There's a plot quest you walk away from with an extremely good sword, it completely outclasses anything else you might get by then.

Johnny Joestar posted:

baro have anything good today

Nice to get Fanged Fusillade, I somehow didn't have that.

The Kiteer Atmos diadem looks good, but clashes with almost every hairstyle.

Prisma Grakata, king of guns, is the real prize. If you want to do the viral damage + hunter munitions meta it can wreck a lot of high level faces (until the ammo runs out).

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 26, 2018

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Weeping Wound posted:

speaking of, what would anyone do better?

Well, you gotta get Point Blank and Hell's Chamber in there. You should also get the nightmare mod they added at some point, Chilling Reload, which is so good that you basically have to use it. Then I'd wiggle thing around until I got a corrosive/cold high status build, because that's a pretty good general purpose setup.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Edmond Dantes posted:

I could use a bit of a pointer; since this is the double XP weekend and kxZyle was awesome enough to do the booster giveaway, I am currently sitting on 4x XP and I kinda have no idea what to do with it.

I've got a plan for my frames (level up the ones I have at 0, then dump like 4 forma into Mesa and one into Nidus to change his aura polarity), but weapon-wise, I'm kinda lost.

Anything I should start researching builds for/dumping forma into? /edit: Or anything that's not here that I 100% should be getting?

I think you should build up a secondary weapon with high crit chance. It looks like you've got a good thing going there with your Akstilletos, but that weapon is made for status builds. Mesa's Peacemaker is all about crits, so if you want to get the most out of Mesa, you need a secondary loaded with crit mods. You've already got Lex Prime and Pandero, which are both pretty great choices. I really like the Pandero personally, but it starts with no polarities and you can easily sink 4 forma into it if you've got Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Target Cracker to slot in there.

You should also check out the Knell, it's a gimmicky pistol that you'll either love or hate. The Knell is all about carefully landing a headshot, and then spamming as many shots as possible, hoping to land some more headshots to keep the buff going.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
The best way to use hammer is to learn the distance of the bullet jump->midair swing attack. Stagger your target with a weapon that works well at that range, then swoop in and clobber them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

alphabettitouretti posted:

Why does the codex scanner let me scan every single loot crate and resource? Is that a bug or is it intended to work that way?

Scan all the things! Everything gets a codex entry. If it's orange when you look at it through the scanner, you haven't scanned enough of them yet.