Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

He doesn't even have a boss soul or drop anything useful. There's basically no reason whatsoever to fight this perfectly peaceful and helpful NPC.
After killing him, you can open a door in the Shrine of Amana and you can pick up his boss soul and the King's set.

Edit: Woops, for some reason I thought you were talking about Vendrick.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

There's another belfry?
Iron Keep. Illusory wall behind a Pharros facewall thingey

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mister Blueberry posted:

Hey guys, I bought this yesterday, and I realized this is pretty unplayable on a laptop K&M
Before you spend money on a controller, you could try and see if an autohotkey script fixes your mouse control issues.
In game, bind the mouse buttons to "nothing" and then use an AHK script to jurryrig the mouse clicks to the keyboard keys you've assigned to attacking. This solves both the input-delay a lot of people have and the double-click issue.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Relin posted:

Wow that's terrible, burning an effigy doesn't stop belfry invasions. Guess I gotta turn off my internet since steam in offline mode apparently only turns off the community!
Out of curiosity, at which bonfire did you burn an effigy?
I'm not sure yet, but I think burning an effigy only stops invasions in the area that bonfire is in. And the bonfire for the Belfry Luna is after the Gargoyles fight.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

How would one skip both the Pursuer and Flexile Sentry?
The Shrine of Winter will open after you either light the 4 Primordial Bonfires, or when you've gathered 1.000.000 soul memory in your current playthrough.
So if you do enough grnding, co-op and whatnot all of the bosses before Drangleic Castle are optional for the "main quest". Except for The Last Giant: You need the Soldier's Key in order to get the Giant Lord.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Where are Dark Souls 2 saves stored?
In %APPDATA%\DarkSoulsII\. If you can't find it, do a file search for "DARKSII0000.sl2".

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Heliosicle posted:

Every person I've thought was cheating has just turned out to be really laggy, I think people see cheaters when they aren't there.
Lag can do some weird poo poo. I had an invader in the Belfry Luna yesterday who just stood there, not moving. I hit him 5 times and his healthbar didn't move. So I reckoned it was an AFK cheater and moved on. I was almost at the foggate, when I got teleported into a backstab on the ground floor.
And as the You Died message pops up and the screen turns dark, I see the guy taking 5 hits out nowhere and die as well.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
If you use a magic weapon buff on Blue Flame, does that also boost the damage from spells cast through it?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

AlternatePFG posted:

Aren't the player summons for him also limited to NG+ for some reason?
No, I'm still in NG and I could get summoned for the fight.
How I think the Mirror Knight summoning works is that when you activate a red eye orb or a red soapstone sign while in Drangleic Castle or the King's Passage, the server checks if there's someone fighting the Mirror Knight and is in need of a summon.
If yes, then you get a "The Looking Glass Knight summons you" message and you get stuck in loading screen limbo until the boss fight has progressed enough for you to enter the arena. If not, then the server has you attempt to invade normally with the red eye orb, or place a red summon sign with the red soapstone.
So if you want to get summoned for the Mirror Knight fight, place down a red sign in the King's Passage and if you're not sumoned after 30 seconds, refresh it.

It's not all that fun though: I tried it for an hour yesterday and 8 times I got kicked back to my world before I even entered the arena because the host died. 1 time I got a sunlight spear in my back just as I spawned in and during my last attempt I got mobed by the host and his 2 phantom buddies.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 15, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

Going back a couple of pages, I see a lot of grousing about Shrine of Amana. I personally didn't have much trouble with it. What's the source of the discontent? Is it just because it's so thematically different from the rest of the game? Is it because of the tongue dudes?
I think it's because it's the only area where you're kinda screwed if you don't have a bow on you and people who have been doing fine with melee or magic find themselves forced to use something else.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

Are there any good guides to doing all of the NPC questlines? I think I could probably work out most of them myself at this point if I was diligent enough but I'd kind of like to just have a checklist I can run down and make sure I'm not missing anything.

Lucatiel:
Talk to Lucatiel in the following places:
- No-Man's Wharf: Right next to the Unseen Path to Heide bonfire
- Lost Bastille: In the tower, straight ahead from McDuff's Workshop
- Earthen Peak: Next to the Lower Earthen Peak bonfire
- Black Gulch: From the Black Gulch Mouth bonfire, head into Black Gulch while sticking close to the edge on the right. Before the first black pools, there's a ledge you can drop down to. You will probably need a light source to spot it.

When you talk to her a second time she'll give you a Human Effigy and the third time a Ring of Steel Protection +1. After talking to her all 4 times, she'll move to the Foregarden bonfire in Aldia's Keep. After talking to Lucatiel here, she'll disapear from the game.
Lucatiel can be summoned for the Flexile Sentry, Lost Sinner, Smelter Demon & Rotten. To get her "happy end", you need to summon her 3 times and beat the boss with Lucatiel surviving through the fight. You don't need to beat 3 different bosses, beating for example Flexile Sentry 3 times via Ascetics counts.
If you had 3 succesfull bossfights with her, she'll give you her sword & armour set when you talk to her at Aldia's Keep.

Benhart:
Talk to Bernhart in the following places:
- Shaded Woods: At the entrance to the area
- Drangleic Castle: Next to the Central Castle bonfire
- Forest of Fallen Giant: Next to the fallen giant past the Persuer boss area
- Memory of Orro: In front of you where you enter

You can summon him for the Prowling Magus, Looking Glass Knight, Giant Lord & Nashandra. You can also fight Throne Defender and Throne Watcher with Benhart, but this fight does not seem to count. Again, just like with Lucatiel you can also fight one boss multiple times with Benhart via Ascetics.
Talk to him after 3 succesfull bossfights and he'll give you the Bluemoon Greatsword & his armour set.

Mild Mannered Pate & Creighton The Wanderer
Talk to Pate in the Forest of Fallen Giants & Earthen Peak. After surviving the trap Pate is sitting next to in the Forest, he'll give you the White Sign Soapstone. In Earthen Peak if you summoned him for the Last Giant and he survived the fight, he'll give Pate's Spear, Pate's armour set and the Ring of Thorns.
Talk to Creighton next to the Undead Lockaway bonfire in Huntsman's Copse, then again next to Ruined Fork Road bonfire in the Shaded Woods.

If you talk to both in all their locations and didn't kill them, they'll show up at Brightstone Cove Tseldora fighting eachother: If you don't join the fight on either one's side, you'll get no reward other then the drop from whoever dies. If you do pick a side and join in, the surviver will give you the Tseldora Den key.

Navlaan:
If you free him, you can buy stuff from him immediatly. However, he'll invade in several spots and you can't start his assassination quests.
If you talk to him while he's still imprissoned and you're hollow, you can start an series of assassination quests. You don't need to kill the NPCs. The items Navlaan wants as proof can be recieved as gifts or bought. Also turning in the assassination quests does not remove those items from your inventory.
- Gilligan: The Ladder Miniature can be bought from Gilligan. Reward: Dispelling Ring.
- Cale: Cale's Helm can be recieved by talking to Cale after lighting all the fires on the map. Reward: Simpleton's Spice.
- Felkin: The Sunset Staff can be recieved by talking to Felkin with 20+ Int and 20+ Faith. The mimic outside Aldia's Keep also drops it. Reward: Forbidden Sun.
- Emerald Herald: The Aged Feather can be recieved by talking to the Herald at the Dragon Aerie. Reward: Unleash Magic.
After turning all the assassinations, Navlaan will open his shop and reward you with the Chaos armour set.

Presents from NPCs:
Agdayne: After defeating Velstadt and picking up the King's Ring, talk to him to get his armour set & Darkdrift.
Captain Drummond: Exhaust his dialogue in Memory of Vammar. Return to him after beating the Giant Lord and he'll give you the Drangleic Helm.
Cale: Talk to him after you've lit all the fires on the map to get his armour set.
Carhillion: Talk to him with 30+ Int and he'll give you the Northern Ritual Band +1 ring.
Chloanne: Talk to her after spending 20.000 souls with her and she'll give a Twinkling Titanite.
Crestfallen Warrior: Gives you a Ring of Steel Protection after you've died 100 times. Gives a Soul Vessel after 4 new NPCs have arrived at Majula.
Cromwell: Talk to him with 35+ Faith and he'll give you the Ring of Resistance.
Emerald Herald: Talk to her at the Dragon Aerie to get the Aged Feather.
Felkin: Talk to him with 20+ Int and 20+ Faith and he'll give you the Hexer set & the Sunset Staff.
Gavlan: Gavlan wheel? Gavlan deal! Talk to him after spending 16.000 souls with him and he'll give you the Gyrm Greataxe.
Gilligan: Talk to him after buying the 12.000 souls ladder and he'll give you Melu Scimitar
Head Of Vengarl: Exhaust his dialogue to get Vengarl's helm.
Lenigrast: Talk to him after spending 8000 souls with him and he'll give you the Blacksmith's Hammer
Magerold: After spending 10.000 souls with im, talk to him to get the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1.
Manscorpion Tark: Wear the Ring of Whispers in order to talk to him. After beating Najka, he'll give you a Fragrant Branch of Yore. After beating the Duke´s Dear Freja, he´ll give you the Second Dragon Ring.
Maughlin: Expands his shop inventory twice after you spend 1.000 & another 16.000 souls with him. After you've expanded his inventory twice, talk to him while you have 0 souls on you and he'll give you the transparent Aurous armour set.
McDuff: Light the brazier at the other end of the room from where McDuff's sitting. Rest at the bonfire and McDuff will have moved, allowing you to open the chest he was sitting on. Talk to him after spending 12.000 souls on infusing weapons to get a Titanite Slab.
Melentia: Talk to her after spending 10.000 souls with and after she's moved to Majula and she'll give you the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +1.
Milibeth: Talk to her after defeating the two Ogres near the coffin on the beach in Things Betwixt to recieve the best weapon in the game.
Milfanito in the first hut: Exhaust her dialogue to get a Smooth and Silky Stone. Talk to her after defeating the Demon of Song to get a Divine Blessing. Talk to her after freeing the Milfanito in Drangleic Castle to get another Divine Blessing.
Milfanito next to the Altar: Exhaust her dialogue to get a Smooth and Silky Stone. Talk to her after defeating the Demon of Song to get a Divine Blessing. Talk to her after freeing the Milfanito in Drangleic Castle to get a Fire Seed.
Licia: Talk to her with 30+ Faith and she'll give you the Saint's set and Idol's Chime.
Old Firekeepers: Talk to them after getting the King's Ring and they'll give you 6 Human Effigies.
Straid: Talk to him after trading 4 boss souls and he'll give you the Black armour set.
Targray: After reaching rank 3 in the Blue Sentinel covenant, talk to him to get his armour set.
Wellager: Talk to him after beating the Giant Lord to get the Royal Dirk & Espada Ropera.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 15, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
This is the only correct outfit for Rosabeth. :colbert:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

- disable black separation crystals for small white soapstones, because the number of abusers who throw out near-complete shades are getting pretty high now
I don't get this one. Why would hosts do that?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

So I recently discovered the channelers trident is a baller poison weapon, one handed strong attack causes three four hits in rapid succession and is extremely long range, perfect for poisoning' dudes. Unlike a spotted whip you can get the long range AND if you land it they'll be stunn
Relevant video

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

Not that I use KB+M for this, but don't you need an AHK script to fix issues with basic mouse clicking? That really doesn't signal well.
The KBaM controls have two problems:
The input from the mouse buttons has a delay. Pressing the keyboard attack keys has your character respond immediatly, while attacking via the mouse buttons has your character wait fraction of a second before starting the attack animation. This isn't a universal issue though: On my system I don't have this delay.
The second problem is that in the controls you can assign actions to not only left and right click, but also to double-clicking, holding shift + clicking, etc. And if you assign "nothing" to for example double-click, the game will literally interpret this as you wanting to do nothing when it registers a double-click. So if you mash the mouse button because you panic or just want to chain a lot of attacks, your character will just stand there.

A simple autohotkey script that binds the mouse buttons to the keyboard attack keys fixes both issues.
To be fair: This is still a huge improvement over DaS1. Without an AHK script, the KBaM controls are at least playable. Which is more then can be said of DaS1. Without DSFix DaS1 didn't even capture the mouse.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

There is clearly some point in between "grand total of zero red phantom invasions in an entire playthrough" and "players can't progress through the game because of invasions". The game would not become an unplayable mess with a functioning eye orb system.
Only, there isn't a "grand total of zero invasions" in NG. I've had invasions in my NG runs. Not a huge number, but it was still a decent ammount. If you've had no invasions at all, then maybe you've just had bad luck or were playing at a time when not a lot of other people were.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The fact that the covenants are in the game at all is, I hope, clear indication that From Software did intend them to actually be used, and designed accordingly.
Erm... yeah? The thing is that From's intention is different then what you would have wanted.
Dark Souls 1 was not perfect in how it handled it's invasions. Low-level invasions in particular drove some people away from the multiplayer aspects and they never unhollowed, or they even dropped the game completely. And yes, I know some here in this thread will say that they thought being invaded by some twink when they were fresh out of the Asylum and getting killed in an unwinnable fight was super fun and anyone who didn't think that is just a stupid scrub.
But clearly not everyone thought that was fun. The number of people who flipped out when it became known that there would be no DaS1 style "hollow == opt out of multiplayer" mechanic in DaS2 is a good indicator of that. And From is not a bunch of idiots who write those people off as a stupid scrubs. They want people to play their game and engage in the multiplayer aspects.

One of the things From talked a lot about was them wanting to make the game more accessible. And this seems to be From's attempt at making the game more accesible for those player who opted out of multiplayer before. Their intention seems to be restrict how often invasions happen in a New Game by making Darkwraiths work for their Cracked Red Eye Orbs.
Given that From put quite some effort into making NG+ more interesting to play through and made cracked eye orbs infinitely purchasable in NG+, the idea likely was for the majority of invasions to happen in NG+.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Unless he kills me outright. Any time he caught me in a bad roll or halfway through a swing, I was auto-dead from full.
It's not an auto-kill, it just does a metric shitton of damage. At SL 150 with 20 Vigor, the Third Dragon Ring and wearing Lucatiel's Mask +10, Faraam Chest +10, Elite Knight Leggings +10 & Engraved Gauntlets I could survive one hit. Try putting on armour with more physical resist.
Also Vendrick can bleed. It's only for 200 damage (I think?), but every little bit helps. Gilligan sells Bleeding Serum.

But yeah, Vendrick's a rather dumb fight. I kinda feel you basically have to get lucky and have Vendrick's AI not constantly back himself into the wall.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

No, we don't know why the Blue Sentinels and Brotherhood get screwed like that either :negative:
The silly thing is that it seems like From knew how absurd those requirements were, since they let you buy the rewards for the Blues & Reds from Wellager eventually.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 18, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Looks like the Llewellyn set, which drops off the stone guards in Drangleic, and the dark mask, which you get by killing a mimic in Shaded Woods. The Llewellyn set looks baller as gently caress.
I'm pretty sure that's the King's set with the Dark Mask.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 19, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

You know I don't think there's anything in NG that can't be reasonably dealt with as a pure melee build
Then I'm curious how you dealt with the warpick+greatshield Drakekeepers in Dragon Shrine. I found them completely impossible to kill via melee. The one time I did manage it was thanks to the Drakekeeper's AI glitching out.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

FirstPersonShitter posted:

have blue sentinels be bound to like a blue ring that dr depression gives you, where if you get invaded while wearing it a blue sentinel can get summoned. So then people can be in a different covenant and still receive help from the blue sentinels.
Having the Way of the Blue's functionality tied to a ring you have to wear will only ensure that the Blue Cops will never get summoned. There are plenty of usefull rings to wear instead after all. I know I'd never wear such a ring.
The issue with Way of the Blue is more that people ought to switch to the Way of the Blue when they're not actively engaged in any other covenant's activety. But I reckon most people either don't know they can easily switch covenants without any penalty, or just don't bother.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Also I forget, will upgrading my pyromancy hand increase the duration of flame weapon?
No. All the weapon buff spells in DaS2 are static, they don't scale in damage or duration.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Fuzz posted:

This is incorrect. See above.
As far as I know the weapon buff spells don't scale. Flame Weapon will always add 50 fire damage to the weapon and improve overall fire damage by 30% for 90 seconds. Doesn't matter if you cast it with a Pyromancy Flame +0 or +10.
You can use Lingering Dragoncrest Ring to increase the duration by 15%, but that's not scaling.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
How do people even find stuff like this?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I dunno, I think Dark Souls 2 is a step down from Dark Souls or Demon's Souls so far as plot goes.
Yeah. DaS2's worldbuilding was still pretty good, but how they handled the plot was rather weird.
In DaS1 I knew what my goals were and why I was trying to accomplish them. In DaS2 on the other hand I knew where I was going, but had no real idea why I was going there. I had the impression they were building up to some sort of revelation about that with the whole "You're going to do this, without knowing why"-thing and I was kinda surprised when that never happened.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Those aren't actually the bosses armor, you buy lookalike sets from the armor merchants. The big guys/bosses don't just drop their armor upon death.
Then how do you explain the Mastodon, Ruin and Drakekeeper armoursets maginally shrinking as you loot them from enemies?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

ninjaiguana posted:

Question for people - is it ever worth using a Slab to upgrade armour or shields to +10, or should you save your slabs for weapons alone?
Once you get to Drangleic Castle you have a source of infinite slabs, so upgrade whatever you want.

Schmetterling posted:

What does the bell ringing guy do in the Undead Crypt? I tried killing him, but the corridor behind me filled up with pyromancers and I died :saddowns:
He fills that corridor with pyromancers.:v: You'll want to kill him fast before he chance to ring the bell and be carefull not to accidentally attack the bell yourself.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

I pretty much won by accident when Faraam guy did a jumping R2 at me when the priest was right behind me. He flattened his own team mate when I rolled. I didn't even know friendly fire like that was possible.
Oh, it's possible.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

killstealing posted:

What's the season pass thing mean anyway, do you get all dlc released but only for a short while or?
It's basically a bundle deal for DLC.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

There's been a patch recently right? Where can I find the patch notes, from what I understand it's mostly PvP balancing?
From didn't really give detailed notes and what they did release was translated via babelfish or something:

"DaSII official site posted:

-regulation ver.1.06 note-

[schedule]
June 2, 2014 (Monday) at 17:00

[contents]
-Fixed so that the poison damage of the weapon “Bad Staff” occurs only
during the close distance attack.The poison damage doesn’t occur when the spell is used.
-The motion, damage amount, and balance during reinforcement of
the weapon“Avelyn”are adjusted.
-The motion, damage amount and balance of the weapon “Syan's Halberd”are adjusted.
-The damage amount, damage amount to the stamina, and balance
during reinforcement of the weapon “Santier's Spear” are adjusted.
-The motion of the weapon “Pursuer's Greatsword” is adjusted.
-The parameters of the armor “Cale's Leather Armor” and “Cale's Shoes” are adjusted.
-The hexes correction value of the ring “Abyss Seal” is adjusted.
-The damage amount balance of the spell “Great Resonant Soul” is adjusted.
-The damage amount balance of the spell “Wrath of the Gods” is adjusted.
-The damage increasing amount of the spell “Resonant Weapon” is adjusted.
-The damage increasing amount of the spell “Flame Weapon” is adjusted.
-The motion of the Thrusting Sword category weapons is adjusted.
-The Dual Wield attacking motion of the Greataxe category weapons is adjusted.
-The Parry motion of Curved Sword category weapon is adjusted.
-The balance of the weapon enchant by spell is adjusted.
-The affection degree to the spell effective time is adjusted to
fluctuate depending on the status value.

After applying the regulation, the following will be displayed on the upper right corner of the
title screen. Regulation [1.05 ? 1.06]

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

The red lizard crystal thing in brightstone? The fucker died and what I suppose was the drop went into the big gapin sandhole
The lizards with the red crystal don't drop anything. They're just traps.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

So how are the mouse/keyboard controls for this? I remember hearing they were putting some extra effort into them.
They're not completely broken like in DaS1, but they're still problematic.
A lot of people report that the mouse buttons have a delay. Pressing the keyboard attack keys has your character respond immediatly, while attacking via the mouse buttons has your character wait a fraction of a second before starting the attack animation.
Another problem is that in the controls you can assign actions to not only left and right click, but also to double-clicking, holding shift + clicking, etc. If you assign "nothing" to for example double-click, the game will literally interpret this as you wanting to do nothing when it registers a double-click. So if you mash the mouse button because you panic or just want to chain a lot of attacks, your character will just stand there.

A simple autohotkey script that binds the mouse buttons to the keyboard attack keys fixes both issues. With that the kbam controls are fine.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

I hear that Sunlight Medals drop from the Falconers in NG+, but how often? Is it feasible to grind out your Sun ranks that way?
Unless I was just unlucky, the Sunlight Medals have a really low droprate. I made them all extinct twice while wearing the Gold Serpent Ring and the Explorer's Hood and only got 3 medals.
So it's technically feasible, but be prepared to spend a lot of time grinding.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Time_pants posted:

What utility is everyone using to back up their saves. I had a scare earlier today and I don't want to lose 72 hours of progress.
The save file is stored in %APPDATA%\DarkSoulsII\. If you can't find it, do a file search for "DARKSII0000.sl2".

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

lordfrikk posted:

Wow I didn't even realize she was the nameless usurper, is it mentioned somewhere in the game? I probably missed it.
It's just a fan theory. Nameless Usurper wears the saint set just like Licia. However, Nameless doesn't use miracles and still invades if you killed Licia.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

By the way...
If any of you get an item that seems too good to be true, be wary of equipping it. I got informed of some dude who equipped an invader's dropped +14 sword and now can't load his save for more than a couple seconds.
Though if you do wind up doing this, talk to me and I will give you something to (hopefully) fix it.

What sort of effect did they put on the item that can wreck a save?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr Dog posted:

If only they didn't do that silly single/double click discrimination which introduces a significant mouse button lag then the mouse buttons would actually be useful as controls. They could have just made Shift+Click a strong attack instead.
Edit: Nevermind, just saw in your post-history that you already knew how to fix the kbam controls.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

wilbur.walsh posted:

Also, Xbox360 Pad or mouse+keyboard?
Whichever you are more comfortable playing with.

Note that the vanilla mouse&keyboard controls - while not completely broken like they were in Das1 - still have problems. A simple autohotkey script that binds the mouse buttons to the keyboard attack keys fixes them though.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr Dog posted:

yeah but then you'd be able to see where all the completely arbitrary instant death pits are :v:
You can see the death pits with a torch.

efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Do we know when we can get this entry item? I'm going to start a fresh DLC character tomorrow and I don't want to beat The Rotten just to find out I need to go to the Dragon Aerie to get the entry item or something like that.
Apparently the item will be automatically added to your inventory.