Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

for eaverr

for eaverr

for eaverr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lamuella posted:

Considering that Josh Barnett was part of the inaugural tournament for the Inoki Genome Federation Championship, I think Inoki would be pleased to see him.

To truly honor Inoki they should have ran back that Doc Gallows vs. Sylverster Terkay match Inoki loved so much he had to come down to ringside to see.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 3, 2023

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Amazing title reign is lmao worthy, but Corbin never did recover from being the one guy that Cena refused to put over when he was in his last major run and was putting everyone else over.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
What should have happened is that Darby should have been feet from the summit of Everest and then Nick Wayne turns on Darby and takes him out. Nick Wayne summits Everest and then drags Darby back down. This lack of foresight is why tiny con is the worst booker ever.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Given how little Wagner means right now vs 6 years ago I am sure he doesn't agree and is very glad he milked a legendary mask for everything it was worth.

Edit: Actually I know he disagrees because he wants to remask.

how else is he going to get paid to lose it again

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I started following this dude because I think Chris Hero gave him a shout out as a decent follow, and he was for a while then all their posts became complaining about realism in wrestling and how technical guys can’t do proper submissions. I get it to a certain point, but also it is still professional wrestling.

I piss and poo poo myself in incomprehensible rage every time someone runs the ropes.

Seven-state murder spree if they go to the top rope.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/FakeNadine/status/1717279980436988167

For context, Nadine was recently suspended from twitter for violent threats.

They'll get suspended so they can't say dumb stuff, smart.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
running any match in front of a crowd below five, maybe six digits, is giving it away

also all matches should be promoted for no less than three months

tv should be nothing but promos and squashes and fifteen-minute entrances for both

fake edit i am very smart

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Stop booking these giant arenas and maybe try selling out a few high school gyms

AEW needs to stirctly run the Paducah Civic Center and the Murfreesboro Flea Market.

Come see our wrasslin' show as we raise money to send the Girls' JV Volleyball team to Regionals.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lamuella posted:

why say "yall" when "youse" is right there?

because joe pesci will get mad and he might be behind you at any given time

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Testekill posted:

Most evil spot of all time

I thought that was the bag of d4s.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Instead of matches both competitors should stand in the ring shirtless and scream lines at each other.

Then one hit, maybe two as a swerve.

Really the people want scripted and worked Power Slap.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Some dudes on Twitter said that Seth Rollins is a better Eddie Kingston than Eddie

I didn't know Seth Rollins hated himself that much.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

There is absolutely no doubt that Roger Goodell made his talent work during the holidays solely to get a ratings win against best of shows. Just to stroke his ego.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Most Power Alex posted:

There should be New York street carts lining the ramp as Eddie makes his way to the ring and he takes time to stop at each.

Every time Eddie comes to the ring he pulls out a bagel and talks about how much better New York ones are due to the water, to massive heel heat.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
wrestlers need to be in character 100% of the time, even at home among loved ones,

if you aren't grizzly smith levels of working your kids with a neck injury, are you really committed to the business? i dare say no

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Fart Radio posted:

the only way for a normal person to enjoy wrestling in 2024 is by exposing themselves to as few wrestling fans as possible

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Is homeboy actually trying to make that argument in the year of our lord 2023, after a decade of 3 hour races

if you can't fit your whole show in a tiktok or youtube short, you're not catering to the casual audience enough

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Every generation hates the one that comes after it.

The only real pro wrestling is stalling for 45 minutes then 15 minutes working a headlock leading to a time limit draw and/or curfew.

Gotta get them back in the building next week brother, can't give away the farm in one match.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Okada fight Ngannou you coward

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Clearly what attracts casual viewers to wrestling is treating it as a DEADLY SERIOUS COMBAT SPORT, please ignore the hundreds of examples of this not being the case.

every face should be a no-nonsense rear end kicking babyface who's entrance is to sprint to the ring and immediately start beating on the heel

every heel should be a slimey piece of poo poo with a wimpy manager to do their promos and run interference for them

those can be the only two wrestling archetypes, none other

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

Remember when Punk's side of the story was that he was scared of both Hangman and the Bucks shoot beating him up?

punk was the person in the clippers locker room calling the lapd because chris paul was coming to kick their rear end

poleece presence

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

if that plus the fact that everyone will be immediately gassed like 30 seconds in

X minutes of hootin' and hollerin' and come at me bro'in'
10 seconds of impotent swinging
takedown?
maybe a minute of cuddling and heavy breathing until people break it up

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Cameo posted:

God I wish Necro wasn’t such an absolute poor excuse for a human being in real life, his wrestling persona was so malleable and fun: somehow perfect for edgelord Age of The Fall stuff, able to do a comedy bit like “don’t tell anyone I know how to wrestle” after working a chain-wrestling sequence, magnetic enough that he’s a standout in The Wrestler wearing bifocals and explaining a staple gun spot to Mickey Rourke and then doing it on camera

If he just didn’t suck as a person, imagine what we could have had

Oh well we got Nick Gage, and I suppose that’s good enough.

I've always maintained that had Necro not gotten the giant weed tat he could have had some kind of a run in TNA. WWE would have never touched him in a million billion years but TNA would have brought him in and let him do something with Abyss. Alas.

It's a shame what he's become but he did collect CTE like it was Pokemon and even back then we knew it was never going to end well.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
they should put okada on the jade cargill plan, where you spend two years deprogramming all of the bad things they've learned, then spend two years teaching them how to wrestle, then two years touring florida before debuting on nxt for 2-3 years, then to the main roster to job to cedric alexander in four minute matches on velocity

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

You know if you've signed a new wrestler who a lot of the fans don't know you can just present him as a star and assuming he has the talent & presence to live up to that billing then people will generally go along with it. People don't automatically have to start at the bottom. They come in, your commentators explain why this is a big deal & you put him in an important position, & especially if you debut him in an environment where he has the highest chance of being over from day 1 (for an easy example, the Raw after Mania) because the audience know him & react positively.

I know this is all quite alien to how Vince McMahon booked wrestling but just saying it doesn't have to be that way. Being a great booker isn't easy, but booking a star as a star sure as poo poo doesn't have to be hard. Put him with a manager if his English is such a big deal. Not even saying he needs to come in & beat your champion day 1. But I dunno, if I was booking it I'd maybe consider throwing him in there night 1 against Gunther. I'd have him be the guy to end Gunther's IC Title reign, he's only 27 days shy of surpassing Pedro Morales for the most days holding the IC title, once he's got that record, I dunno, seems like a ready made position to make someone. And enable Gunther to move up the pecking order.

Or you could use vignettes to promote someone's appearance. Not every debut has to be a shock for hashtags and clicks. If you're wanting someone to be a big deal off the jump then hype them up, show Okada crushing people in the PC, have AJ/Gallows/Anderson say he's the toughest person they've ever faced, tell the audience that the best wrestler in the world is coming. I know they haven't hyped up someone since HHH's quad tear return but you can do it to someone else.

And then he comes out as Lil' Skipper Kazu with a toy parrot that Mattel can sell to kids.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
People: don't take jobber seriously he's just playing a contrarian role to troll aew fans

Jobber: says some repugnant poo poo that has little to do with aew or wrestling in genreal

People: he's just pretending to be a heel

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
drat can't believe jobber is 100% right for once

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

standing outside of ajob fair chanting you sold out at the suckers going inside

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

So they want territory TV where it's an hour of promos and a two minute squash and mostly promoting the upcoming shows at the Murfreesboro Flea Market and the Wichita Boys and Girls club.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

quote:

i post at least twice that many posts on a slow day

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
all these wrestlers having neck injuries and neck fusions you never heard of king kong bundy having a neck injury now did you

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jade may be green but shes cool as hell and should be allowed to murder someone in the ring

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The Goldberg Clause. Understandable.

somewhere nattie's brain just started crying and she doesn't know why

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lamuella posted:

look, it's very simple. When AEW books matches that are going to be popular they're just trying to spike a rating. When AEW books matches without regard of whether they'll be popular they're just doing dream match bullshit that will never draw a crowd. Either way it's a sure sign that Tiny Con is a terrible booker wasting daddy's money.

fyp

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

To be fair to "AEW sucks" guy, AEW TV would actually be improved if AEW just spent the next 2 months showing nothing but Jun Akiyama matches from the archives & put their own stuff on hold.

tony sighs as excalibur starts writing a dissertation going back to the feudal eras

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

AEW needs to become more like WCW, jack

cancelled due to an ill-fated merger

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I've been to a lot of wrestling shows and never once did I think of anyone's entrance as one of the reasons to buy a ticket

counterargument

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1czzyj

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Tampa Bae posted:

It went NWA > Jay-Z > Nas > Tyler The Creator for me, I didn't grow up with american hip-hop or rap I should probably get into Run The Jewels or Wu-Tang Clan or some groups that aren't weird

Reported for disrespecting The South.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Nate Dogg had Regulators and Still D.R.E. Deck had the opening verse of Triumph. Both are allowed to stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
the main event of the aew ppv should be sting and darby beating the bucks in fifteen seconds then the remaining 45 minutes allocated for the main event should be the entire locker room and support staff and maybe some random security guards and vendors all taking turns kicking the bucks in the bean bag over and over again. no matter how many kicks they take the crowd will still be chanting for more. i will then rank the match .5 stars and demand that aew fire them and wait is this the hell thread