Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

This game fulfills my need to wear spandex as I shoot men with my plasma gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Westy543 posted:

[*]MBT HEAT loses 1hk against infantry

I might be wrong but I think HEAT still 1hks infantry, its just that splash can no longer 1hk. If I'm wrong, that's a stupid loving change.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't get where people are getting the idea the game is ghostcap central. I was playing two nights ago at 2am EST and there were dozens of 24-48 fights and at least one 48 vs 48 going on.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Epic High Five posted:

They've done this like 6 times already. Unless it's getting 50 rounds it's going to be total garbage compared to the Kobalt

To be fair, a lot of guns are garbage compared to the Kobalt. It really is amazing how few people use that thing when it's probably the best anti-infantry vehicle weapon that isn't the PPA.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hossin really does need some optimizing though. I tried actually playing on non-hossin last night and it was almost like playing after the PU again.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gonkish posted:

I may be in the minority here, but I really don't want them to change tanks to a three person crew like they were in PS1. I like being able to drive the thing AND shoot the gun. If I was just a driver I'd be bored as gently caress. I'm kinda glad the Magrider is holding that back.

I think it would be OK if they kept the lightning as-is, but the MBTs were made more powerful (and expensive) with the driver/gunner/gunner changes. Especially if it meant the main gunner got a coaxial as well :getin:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nakar posted:

Y'know what, Emerald TR, is it too much to ask that you not jump right in front of my firing line to try and fail to steal all my kills? Or failing that, at least don't loving suck at it? If I've created a doorway of death for NC rushing past you're helping nothing walking directly in front of me to stare slack-jawed at all the NC that get past. At least they'll kill you instead of me, but gently caress you and your greed, only my greed is valid because I'm actually competent at this game.

This is one reason I loving want ally collision on, even though I know that on the whole it's a bad idea. :argh:

I've noticed this too when we have our TR nights. They seriously love walking in front of friendly guns that are already firing. Literally the first time I ever got weapons locked was during a TR night and I've been playing since loving beta.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

sitchelin posted:

There's always the Striker, I mean if 3 rockets land that equals one Annihilator rocket!

:smith:

Just use the Annihilator.
Sometimes when I'm in my lightning I let the striker hit me with the first two rockets before I pop smoke so he feels like he's doing something :unsmith:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

vigorous sodomy posted:

Got a /tell from trees after shooting me in the back saying BAD BAD BAD. GOKU is the spirit of good sportsmanship and mature players, and definitely not lovely people.

I don't know who you are in game but I would TK you too just based on your posting.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I remember in battlefield 2 the jets (and sometimes the choppers) would agree not to fight each other so they could farm the poo poo out of the ground peasants.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't.

This game having a unique flight model is probably one of the best things about it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

vigorous sodomy posted:

what in the gently caress. This was with some beta era pounder where they were like 4 shot bulldogs only max arms. You need to score two direct hits per arm to kill 1 infantry.

Yeah that's really not that hard to do. Comets need the same amount of hits, except they only have 2 rounds per mag

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gobblecoque posted:

Grenade bandolier is by far the best suit slot on every class. Otherwise, I'm very fond of advanced shield capacitor for eliminating downtime.

I like ammo belt on LA, but other than that, yeah. Throw grenades everywhere everytime for every reason

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Prox chat? Do you guys mean quack chat?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Alkydere posted:

Alternatively: a pair of Burster MAXes.

Have they confirmed MAXes can ride the Valkyrie yet? I had my doubts but after seeing how huge it is it looks like it could easily fit two maxes.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm having stutter issues when I load into a new area i.e. when I redeploy or fly across the continent, especially if the area is heavily populated.

Is an SSD or doubling my ram (currently 4GB) the best remedy for this?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

vigorous sodomy posted:

A lot of stupid people like to throw around the term pubbie like they know what it means. I guess a pubbie is just a non-outfit/guild/squad whatever person, or anyone whose not in your video game guild. It's used as an insult or a way to degrade people 100% of the time, but I was wondering what the definition means to many of you (pubbies).

pubbie spotted

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Did they really think the veterans of this game wouldn't farm a bunch of easy kills made with lots of advertising?

Their mistake was picking Emerald TR, which has gotten a lot better since the merger, but are still well below VS and NC in terms of organization and especially leadership. Moreso at the time they chose to play at.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 27, 2014

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Leal posted:

Well they already made the magrider a wraith and the valkyrie is a hornet, may as well go the whole hog and give VS a needler :v:

Just buy the Halo property from Microsoft already Higby.

Engies also have plasma grenades. I want my plasma sword

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The best thing about ZOE max was just walking into a room filled with guys pointing their guns at your direction and just mowing them all down. Felt like I was using the old pre-nerf hacksaws

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Orion's only downside is really the 50 round mag. If you aren't winning every 1v1 with it you're doing something wrong.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Desideratus posted:

All I'm taking away from this conversation is that I should use the certs from the resource timer refund to trick out my Sundie, and that dual-Walker Sunderers are now the premier AA.

Oh man I forgot about the timer refunds. I'm going to be swimming in certs since I have maxed timer on everything except the galaxy, lib, sundy and flash.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

After playing with the new resource system for the first time, I have come to the conclusion I almost never use grenades and/or pull vehicles.

I am perpetually at 750

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Looks like a glitched out sentry dart?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

MAX resource change is dumb, just get rid of the ability to revive them already.

Hell, make them explode with the force of an AV grenade when they die so people are encouraged to suicide rush with them (stealth buff to NC). Also make the explosions affect teammates so you can wipe MAX nests even easier :getin:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

sitchelin posted:

I love the Zenith, but its existence makes me hate TR since the Jaguar is 1/4 the cost and gets softpoints. Higby, we know you read these forums, be a dear and fire the guys who keep giving VS watered-down TR guns.

How the zenith compare to the directive reward for auraxing 5 carbines? I'm like 500 kills away.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Safety Scissors posted:

Is there an anti-max gun? Like not av grenades or rocket launchers, but a gun.

Yeah it's called the lasher

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Westy543 posted:

Kind of like flying aircraft

At least air can sometimes kill sunderers. Sniping is literally killing one dude at a time while a medic revives them faster.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

simsense cumshots posted:

I prefer the NS-11C to the Pulsar C and the X-11 to all of them, how does this make you feel? gently caress the pulsar C.

The NS11c is pretty sweet cause you can put a suppressor on it and pretend youre a space navy seal

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

In an alternate universe SOE never nerfed anything and every fight was just ZOE maxes rampaging unchecked inside structures while Striker/Fractures ruled the hillside. Overhead, Airhammer equipped reavers keep the skies blue and yellow. Also endless screaming freedom rockets as the NC use phoenixes to one-shot every infantry within 300m.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BadLlama posted:

The xp awarded for killing a dude in a MAX should be 4-5 times higher than what it is right now in my opinion.

It is kind of crazy they worth a smidge more than a regular kill

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fart Car '97 posted:

There's a subreddit just for the loving harasser?
This is a more shocking revelation than the fact that cannister is apparently decent/not bad now.

My personal anecdote is that I have been run over by more cannister harassers than I have been shot to death with one.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Heaven Spacey posted:

You're just at an information disadvantage.

This. You have no idea where people spawn or where they are likely to spawn from. Or what the flanking routes are. Or when/how/if you should engage or just get to cover. This game is like 30% actually being able to put bullets in people, the rest is knowing how to do it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Trouvaille posted:

The spiker is like the phaseshift; it's great if you play with it and not against it. Which is to say, you alter your play style to fit it. It's not like other guns, it's not just 'higher accuracy or damage or less recoil'. It's a full-on change of approach. Our sidearm should normally be the weapon we swap to when we've been caught with our spandex down. You switch to it and finish off the guy with a shed of health left before he gets you. Spiker doesn't do that. It's not a quick swap - to weapon. It's a charge-up time on a weapon that should be instant fire. That's why people don't like it.

Also you can't charge it while cloaked, so no stalker cloak fun. The NC in particular got a very stalker - friendly weapon.

The problem is that the retarded charge up ability completely fucks with the timing of your shots since it adds a slight delay between clicking the mouse and bullets coming out. AFAIK there is not a single other weapon in the game that does this.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Phaseshift? Lancer?

I don't have the phaseshift, but the lancer can definitely be rapid fired without the delay between mouse click and the projectile being fired.

The only weapon I can think of that did was the old Saron, when it used to one-shot infantry and reloaded after every one.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

For real though, which is the easiest faction to play? I only play NC and TR guns seem to be pretty much the best at killing me, of course I'm always within 15m as an LA.

It's still TR. A lot of their (AV) poo poo got nerfed but from an infantry standpoint their guns are still great and have the most forgiving trait for newbies (Large mags)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nakar posted:

I love the moment between an ally running through you and getting stickied on the back and the explosion killing 5 allies. I just dash out of blast radius, turn around, and cringe (my character does the first two, there's no cringe emote in-game yet so I do that part IRL, this probably should happen though).

Sometimes it works out when its that moment your ally decides to YOLO into a room full of enemy dudes, not knowing you stickied him in the back (accidentally of course). Sorry Aoad

Eonwe posted:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/08/16/soe-sell-planetside-2-calling-audience-console-peasants

I was there when they made this joke. Imagine getting upset over this, :laffo:

My appreciation for Higby just went up tenfold :pcgaming:

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 18, 2014

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

o muerte posted:

I love my commissar hat, if only because I know people are staring at it on the death screen and getting even madder.

More like getting creeped out by the uncanny valley :stonk:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

How the heck does SOE decide what helmets are equivalent? NC and TR get awesome full-face helmets and VS get what is basically a redesigned default half-helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Wait, did someone actually call in a bomb threat on a plane a dev was on because they were mad about PS2?

• Locked thread