Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Obvious question is Does the WIFI card still suck balls?

will it suck my balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
They could compress this whole conference down to 5 minutes and get the same message across if they just cut all the buzzwords out

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so is this just higher resolution or will this give a better framerate cuz that's all I care about

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Barudak posted:

You will enjoy the exact same experience with existing titles

goddammit now how am I supposed to get a double digit framerate in just cause 3

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
LARA CROFTS VULNERABILITY GOTTA PROTECT TITTY LADY

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wow the HDR enabled picture hurts my eyes the future sucks

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so what do you think the MSRP will be on this? I'm betting $500

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So did only 6 members of the audience have hands why was the applause so quiet

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
"Speaking of popping" I swear I thought he was going to talk about all the pop-in lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So are PS4 games and downloads going to balloon in size with 4K textures that regular PS4 owners won't be able to use

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Feenix posted:

Ok, I was out with my kid... short version: Go.

I was excited about Neo if it brought some polish and performance to my non 4k gaming life.

Should I still be interested?

"Supported" titles might get a framerate bump but don't quote me on that

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
More like 4Gay

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

I said come in! posted:

This game looks really awful.

But it's going to have a mission featuring former presidential candidate Ted Cruz how bad can it be

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Schremp Howard posted:

Territory mechanic like the one in San Andreas? Because that poo poo was annoying.

no its more like every time you take over a territory you choose to give control to one of your 3 underbosses who give you different bonuses, and you have to make sure not to neglect one boss too much or they'll leave your game permanently

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Super No Vacancy posted:

100 vs 100 looks tight i hope you can recruit the new japan boys for your squad

i hope you can jump into the fights yourself and turn it into 1 vs 100

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

xxEightxx posted:

Like I said I'll let you tell my wife that is where she has to watch her shows. I pick and choose my battles.

put her in the thread I'll tell her

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
vr might be cool but I think I'm fine with TVs and monitors for now until VR stuff has gone down in price (or crashed and burned, either way)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Samurai Sanders posted:

Interestingly, in Japan returning things seems to be a moral judgment issue. They will inspect and inspect whatever you try to return for defects and faults while judging you with their eyes. Once I tried to return a DS that had a bad pixel and the shop owner was like "it's not like it interferes with the gameplay, jeez" and refused. Just a few weeks ago I tried to return a headphone amp that was making white noise and they refused because with the lovely headphones they were using and the noisy environment of the store, neither of us could say for sure that we were hearing any noise through it.

Online I see people speaking with horror about how in America you could possibly find something sold as new that had been opened by a customer and saying thanks that Japanese laws don't permit that. We're all a bunch of shameless savages in the West for allowing returns for any reason, it seems.

edit: amazon.jp takes returns same as in the US though so I guess there's that.

yet they have no problem selling used panties, for shame japan

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Trash Trick posted:

Please no one "upgrade" to ps4 pro

if developers give it some decent support I'll buy one

definitely not on day 1 tho

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Housh posted:

I hope the whole game is this

the main question is can I do this repeatedly in open world sections and if not is there at least a mission replay feature

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Healbot posted:

Also you don't get 500GB out of it at all, the OS itself takes up lots of space, not to mention the untouchable 10% capacity you have to have free at all times.

also IIRC anytime you download a game you need to have twice the download amount free on your hard drive, so if you're downloading IW you need 240 GB of free space

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

V plays better than III as an action game, but its stealth is inferior.

you can't throw snakes on people in 5, this checks out

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ummm Amazon just sent me 20 copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th anniversary edition (i.e. the one that was released this Tuesday with all the DLC and VR modes etc). I only need one, so I'll sell the remaining 19 to my fellow goons for $50 US ($67 Cdn) - lowering it because it's still in the Prime discount window - $45 US ($60 Cdn) each, shipped to anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Check the SA mart thread for details: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794023

which gamestop did you rob

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

morallyobjected posted:

is there some point to doing this, other than making the girl wish she were dead?

Well take out the wish part and you got it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

haveblue posted:

BSB will also unlock Chalice Dungeons which are good for grinding souls and materials.

after like, 20 dungeons yeah. before that you're just getting pebbles, blood gems with effects like "+.1% damage" and 12 echoes per enemy

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

haveblue posted:

Pebbles and the gem installation tool which is kinda important

that's hemwick which is separate from the chalice dungeons

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hahahahaahaahh

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
bonnie and john's wife were basically the only likable rockstar female characters

i forget how girls were portrayed in Bully tho

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

zolthorg posted:

wasnt the whole appeal to bully that you can give flowers to hot boys

I think so

only girl I remember from bully was the lunch lady who gives you a sidequest to drug the English teacher so she can date rape him

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Can't wait for the goon posse to drag other players behind our horses

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Captain Yossarian posted:

I don't like violent video games and only play them if I can kill skeletons because they are spooky.

those skeletons used to be people you monster

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Intel&Sebastian posted:

How well does the new Hitman scratch the itch for someone who's like "I just want an area/scenario that exists on it's own with not too much intentional design and says have at it and has a lot of fun in having at it"? Like MGSV and attacking bases in Far Cry really appealed to me in that "study the area, come up with your own attack (that actually feels like your own), execute it and probably fail 10 times" way.

And would it be stupid as hell to buy just the intro pack right now to find out?

Very well I'd say, theres dozens of unique ways to take out targets and if you don't want to do any of that you can just rush up and shoot them in the head

My only recommendation if you do buy it is turn off all the "opportunity" indicators. If you leave them on the game gives you so many objective points and detailed instructions on how to complete the mission you might as well just let the game play itself.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
For all you US goons Wal-Mart is selling titanfall 2 for $28

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

No, neither Kingsglave or the anime are required watching. They just flesh out some stuff that's otherwise just mentioned AFAIK.

what are some of the key takeaways from the movie/anime that you think would be cool to know

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

rabidsquid posted:

my dude, are you not familiar with the greatest thing in games history, the goon who got extremely mad when he accidentally took the gay male perk in fallout new vegas because he thought it was about "chilling out and being bros"

its a good thing he didn't find the JO crystal accessory

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

bloodychill posted:

Dang, guess I should have kept going after those two missions.

tbf you've already seen most of the game after those 2 missions. most of the content is in prague anyways, which is probably what soured me on that game. no drat variety at all

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jimbot posted:

I wonder if Yoshitsune will still be the ultimate Persona. That multi hit ability he has was so incredibly powerful in Persona 4.

From what little late-game gameplay I've seen Yoshitsune is in and he kicks just as much rear end as he did in P3/P4

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

blackguy32 posted:

Yes, but the Witcher is really bad about it. Like is there ever any reason to use non-Witcher gear?

If you're a super stats sperg you can mix and match the armor parts that give the best critical hit bonus/ critical hit chance and do about a million damage per hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Wandle Cax posted:

Who cares about video game endings. It's about the journey not the destination

dont ever go into the mass effect thread

• Locked thread