Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

cmndstab posted:

I'm not really knowledgeable about animals... is that just some genetic defect? Or do sheep regularly die in the wild from having way too much wool?

Or have we actually bred them to be reliant on shearers?

Yes on that last one. http://modernfarmer.com/2013/07/will-sheep/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Travis343 posted:

Is there any rib more delicious than the rib you eat right after you save someone's life

Oh my god they were perfectly charred

r: the ribs not the kids

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheNoSleepPodcast posted:

I don't know his name but his face rings a bell.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
These are the yolks, folks

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slippery posted:

How many of their older somgs even had lyrics though?

You know who would do well, is Conelrad, it's a goon in fact, band owns

I downloaded a bunch of his stuff a few years ago, somehow I forgot he was from here. Neato.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Flyin' to a country, gonna steal a lot of leeches
Flyin' to a country, gonna steal me a lot of leeches

Leeches come from a pond
Wanted by the demimonde
For phlebotomic joo-obs

And if I had my little way
I'd use leeches every day
Blood-sucking till you turn into corn cobs

Millions of leeches
Leeches for me
Millions of leeches
Leeches for free, LOOK OUT

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Identity theft? Where the gently caress did he expect to find someone who didn't know George Michael was dead?

Also that BBC grenade potato article pun is *kisses fingers chefishly*

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Yeah, Fletcher Hanks was great

He wrote amazing fever-dream comics with childishly overwrought punishments for criminals but was a turd of a man

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

zakharov posted:

What other animals are at the intersection of Funny Looking and Incredibly Dangerous like moose?

I don't know that they're incredibly dangerous - they won't come looking for you like a bear or mountain lion, so just don't pick one up and you're golden - but the venom of the male duck-billed platypus can cause nonlethal but excruciating pain that lasts for months and is unresponsive to morphine.

Definitely approaching the FLID nexus from the Funny-looking side though

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Krankenstyle posted:

that's a good word to know if you're mayochup in a first nations jurisdiction

"Why do you keep asking us for fry sauce? We're Mohawk."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Like the pieces of chicken cutlet faith healers pretend to pull out of your abdomen, only with extra beej

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wouldn't want to go up against Keanu either. Not just because I'd lose, but because I'm sure that while he's a great gunshooter by now, he hasn't killed a dude for real, and I don't want that on his conscience.

With Cruise, who knows, man.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Almost better that they died.

There was an incident at a local mushroom farm where the fumes of hydrogen sulphide overtook several people. A few of them died, but some of those that went to rescue them lived, but were profoundly brain damaged afterword. A loving nightmare if there is any flicker of thought in their mind that somewhere in their cloudy past they used to be not like this.

Yeah H2S courses really stress the whole thing about not running in blindly to save someone without PPE if you're working somewhere with H2S, because it's far more likely you're going to go down as well, then the next rescuer has to save two people

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

M_Sinistrari posted:

While I'm curious to try durian, I'm not sure about the smell. As it is, surströmming was too much for me.

Durian smells like the dead end of a seldom-cleaned but often-pissed-in back alley.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

You try that with one a' your little Saturday morning bad boys! You'd be lucky just to change the thing's temperature!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Krankenstyle posted:

wtf is this world :psyduck:

America's second most famous president was killed by a well-known actor, like if Clint Eastwood had shot Obama instead of having a shower argument with him. Napoleon was captured, imprisoned, escaped from prison, retook power, and had to be beaten and caught again. From his escape to his defeat all happened in a little over four months. It's a weird fuckin planet.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

I read Lincoln’s assassination as compared to if Liam Hemsworth assassinated Obama during a film screening while shouting “I went for the head!”, followed by Chris Hemsworth having to do a press release disavowing any part in it.

Now that I think about it, the Baldwins work too, considering Alec and Stephen's politics. (Alec serves as Edwin Booth here.) Stephen Baldwin isn't as well known as John Wilkes was, I think, but a perfect parallel is probably not going to exist.

Especially because Alec Baldwin never saved Malia Obama from being flung under a train. Which Edwin Booth did do for Robert Lincoln, not knowing who he was of course.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I can't even comment on what kind of circumstances would lead to Tucker Carlson interviewing Fabio. What I do know is that golden-haired bastard hit a goose with his face on a rollercoaster and walked away with little more than a bloody nose. And though it happened 20 years ago, today I learned for the first time that a. it was on the first drop of a 73 mph hill, and b. THE GOOSE DIED.

So at least one of these people have a skull that's bone all the way through.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So the judges weren't fighting eachother, they were getting into street brawls? Someone ought to have told them that only works if you're the mayor.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Great, now they're gonna be REALLY irritable when they clock me doing 110

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

I want a therapy goat to headbutt my enemies.

If I wished for a goat to headbutt my enemies I'm quite sure I'd end up with horn dents in my forehead

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I read an article a couple months ago (linked from a thread here) (might have been this thread, it's not in the longform articles thread) written by a woman whose brother went hardcore mra/incel and died due to complications from this dumbass surgery

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thunderstones from Jove!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Which explains why Indiana Jones was able to pick out the True Grail! :monocle:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

It's also not the only condition caused by bad gut biome, this could open the way for more treatments.

Fecal transplant has already been in use for a few years for c.diff infections, which are notoriously hard to clear up otherwise.

e: apparently the doctor in that article has been doing this poo poo (heh) since the late 80s! I knew about the c.diff treatments, I did not know about that.

Phy has a new favorite as of 18:00 on Apr 17, 2020

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think Phlegmish was making a joke about Oasis the band

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Real quiet out here.

Too quiet.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Camels are just curvier horses.

If that weird-rear end japanese horse racing game taught me anything, it's that camels are horses, as are panda bears, brontosauruses, and two guys in a suit

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Well. Turns out it's two separate stories and possums don't give you Hulkitis

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nckdictator posted:

I’m surprised they didn’t go with a bad pun.
Dead ringer for the jerk from the sexist Pitney-Bowes ad

http://neatdesigns.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2612.jpg

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

glopcorn

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

”It’s going to be about rapeseed Canola™ oil, isn’t it?“

Yeah, still at least the third grossest product they export, after asbestos and celebrities.

I woulda said fourth after asbestos, celebrities and bitumen, but then I remembered we're having a real tough time exporting the bitumen

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
confession: I've been using canola for panfrying etc since I was old enough to be taught how to cook, it tastes neutral and has a reasonably high smoke point

sometimes I'll switch it up for grapeseed oil if I'm feeling fancy

I won't cook with bitumen no matter what the alberta government says

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Apparently he broke into a bank while he was drunk as hell.

Also he smote Norman Mailer on the head with a hammer. (The two incidents were unrelated, and indeed, separated by 30 years.)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

jojoinnit posted:

Don't remember who said it but there's a very correct line about how the only difference between crazy and eccentric is money.

Fake edit: it may have been John Cleese's character in Rat Race or at least I'm pretty sure that's where I got the sentiment as a child if it wasn't actually a line.

Where I remember it from is Dennis Hopper in Speed... but yeah it's a common enough observation

Also, crazy assholes that are poor can't afford it, but rich crazy assholes can and will sue for describing them"libel"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That would probably contravene the agreement about no nuclear weapons in space, but the major powers seem to have entered a phase of "not giving a poo poo about their word" so lol yeah I guess so

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Don Gato posted:

More accurately, in arabic it means "one who has surrendered themselves before God", comes from the same SLM root as Islam, which means "total surrender to God" or thereabouts. The eurocentric old way to refer to them is Mohhamadean, which will make you sound like a 18th century teacher.

I tend to look askance at people who spell it "Moslem"

"Musselman" is right out, unless you're a Napoleonic-era ship captain or you're talking about a guy that farms shellfish

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

a chucklehead posted:

Sanders is drawing on a 2017 report from the left-leaning Institute for Policy Studies, which said that three billionaires — Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos (who owns The Washington Post) and Warren Buffett — had total wealth of $248.5 billion, compared with $245 billion for the bottom 160 million people in the United States. The wealth of the three men has grown even more since then.

But people in the bottom half have essentially no wealth, as debts cancel out whatever assets they might have. 

(directed at the author of the article, not Platystemon)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

"No One Can Stop Assman

oh god there he is he's in the building what are you waiting for RUN"