Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Has it been brought up that Cruz going on Obamacare is just some political theater for him to complain more about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Cruz using the ACA has to have some kind of ulterior purpose. There's no way you run as the tea party candidate and just go along with Obamacare.

Yeah I think Ted has been watching too much House of Cards and thinks if he gets on Obamacare and complains the entire time it will help him push forward his agenda. I think he is just the right amount of crazy to think this isn't transparent at all.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Weird I didn't know John Cena was a Ted Cruz fan.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Would W have faired better against Trump? Like I don't understand how Jeb could get trolled this badly by Trump. It's truly amazing watching him completely crumble. Obama comparably handled Trump with ease and completely embarrassed him.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Jeb you are the moron of the family and that is saying something

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

This guy is 26 in this photo.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Mister Macys posted:

To be fair, I have a younger brother who was balding severely as he graduated high school. It makes anybody look older.

I didn't even notice the hair. He just looks like a 38 year old who has been through A LOT of animal torture

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Boosted_C5 posted:

It was a lot like 2012, except that the Reagan administration competently dealt with the crippling economy and recession it faced from the get-go so he won in a land-slide, as opposed to the Obama administration which won, but lost ground from 2008, on the strength of incompetent economic policy and falling back on fear-mongering "war on women" crap. Reagan was able to run on his economic record, Obama after getting smashed by Romney in the 1st debate which was the economy debate had to pivot the next day to campaigning on WOMEN'S HEALTH. To his credit and Romney's discredit it actually worked. The GOP royally hosed up a gimme in 2012 with major national candidates feeding right into the war on women crap with "legitimate rape" comments.

Did Reagan have congressional Democrats promise to fight everything he wanted tooth and nail? Before he was shot, obviously. :rip:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
doublepost

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
If Dems are smart they should attack the candidates over how this debate about the debates is happening. But they won't.

e: I mean come on

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 23m23 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: There will be a letter of demands sent to networks from campaigns in the next 48 hours, per leaders of tonight's mtg.

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 12m12 minutes ago

What happened tonight, in one sentence: The GOP camps agreed on a letter that they'll soon send to networks, a letter crafted w/o RNC input.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
And all of the news media will conform to their demands because they have zero backbone. It reads like an Onion piece.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Why do people think Cruz would want to be VP for Trump? Wouldn't he just be losing power?

efb

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/politics/donald-trump-muslim-republicans-2016/index.html

This might be the craziest Trump v media interaction yet. Considering how weak CNN is, is this the media deciding they had enough?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Montasque posted:

Trump on Morning Joe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLinp_T-WQ

Mika sounds scared.
Joe threatens to cut to commercial.
Trump calls his bluff.

She is talking to Trump like a concerned mother to her son who keeps putting Info Wars stickers on her furniture

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

memy posted:

Everyone on /pol/ thinks everyone else on /pol/ is exactly as ironic as themselves

The literal fascists see the ironyposters as fellow rightthinkers
The ironic ones think the actual nazis are just really funny ironic posters

/pol/'s law

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
This get posted here?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/10/us/politics/after-making-enemies-ted-cruz-works-at-making-friends.html

quote:

Elsewhere, though, Mr. Cruz’s disposition has rarely been described warmly. A college roommate has said he would prefer as president anyone else in the United States, chosen at random from a phone book. In 2013, three months into Mr. Cruz’s tenure, Foreign Policy magazine identified him as both “the most hated man in the Senate” and “the human equivalent of one of those flower-squirters that clowns wear on their lapels.”

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
This GOP got the go-ahead to take the messenging even further right. 'New Right' is yesterday's freeper. Laughing at Jeb having a terrible campaign isn't worth this.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Frosty the Speaker of the House was pretty funny actually. The only endearing part of Cruz is he seems to have a sense of humor behind those cold dead eyes

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Boosted_C5 posted:

gently caress Iowa and their stupid ethanol and every dumb-poo poo bought-and-paid for politician who supports mixing this stuff in gasoline.

Iowa farmers make bank, auto-repair shops and dealer service centers make bank, politicians make bank, and our engines and wallets get hosed.

Now, if we made a full switch to pure ethanol, that would be fine. Engines DESIGNED TO RUN ON IT make more power and generate less pollution and last longer. Engines designed to run on traditional fuel SURPRISE do not take well to ethanol being mixed in, hence the reason you don't see the mixture increasing over 10-15% since that's a bout as much damage done as they can get away without without every soccor mom in America screaming bloody murder over her SUV breaking down.

Almost every car in America can currently run on pure Ethanol, with just a simple and cheap conversion kit. No need for special engines.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Boosted_C5 posted:

There is nothing simple about replacing fuel lines and altering a car's tune for most Americans. Also, can't get pure ethanol easily and conveniently at gas stations.

Only our moronic "leaders" could manage to legislate this kind of stupidity - go to any typical gas station in your town right now, and you can't get just unleaded gasoline, or ethanol, you can only buy a dumb-rear end mixture of both.

You don't need to replace fuel lines. It is as simple as flipping a switch to go from gas to e85. I'm not pro-ethanol, but I'm not against it either. It's not efficient in creating, but competition at the gas stations with no real big change to their current vehicle and the driver's ~*habits*~, would be be a good thing

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

fishmech posted:

Eh every country has their One Big Crop that they use way too much. It's unavoidable, and it's all plants anyway.

E85 is a pretty major difference from pure ethanol. And most engines can barely handle e85 for long term use without extensive modification of everything. You seem to maybe be confusing "a lot of cars released in the past decade" with "most cars". The average American car is almost 12 years old as of the summer!

It's possible I am not remembering things entirely correctly from what I gleamed from reading about this months ago (and I don't care enough to read more/argue the point). It is still something that could add competition

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Joementum posted:

Currently playing at Ted Cruz's rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc-v8CFJzu4

irony is dead anyway

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Joementum posted:

Jeb! is a regifter. The worst. Just terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_m8IWk-K7c

So Jeb! is asked what is worse, regifting or Xmas Eve shopping, and he states he does both. How exciting!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Trump supporters have eyes of pure insanity, or nothing behind them

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Wonder what his prediction for Romney was, since everyone was so SHOCKED he lost as badly as he did

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

William Bear posted:

We joke about Jeb being autistic, but this is ridiculous. God forgive me, but this is the first thing I thought of when I saw that:

EDIT: Unsure if CWC is allowed to be mentioned. I'll remove the image if not.

I had forgotten about this guy and now that I looked at his ED profile I wish I kept it that way

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

At a Huckabee event someone pressed him on his support of Duggars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLO...XySs-rF0XOgTLZg

Huckabee never exploited ANYONE, says Huckabee

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Phlegmish posted:

I really wonder what Ted Cruz did to his roommates to provoke these reactions. I would expect something like 'he was kind of a weirdo', not outright hatred.

I imagine he is just a weasel. Will do or say anything to get ahead. Has no loyality. Just a weirdo in general.

It actually made me think of my college roommates and if any that I just had an "ok" relationship with would talk poo poo about me like this, and the answer was a resounding no. There are very very few people I would talk about like this if I knew them in person, so I think the hatred must be just. Considering Cruz's track record especially.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

saints gambit posted:

Ronald Reagan made movies with a chimpanzee and became president because of the "greatest generation." The oldest cohort of republican boomers will absolutely care.

Roonie thought a Tom Clancy book told us what the Russians were really doing. Greatest Generation indeed.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://twitter.com/BadAstronomer/status/689562322742808576

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
President Palin sounds DOSE NOT so good NOW....

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

pathetic little tramp posted:

He's dropping that factoid, he thinks, close enough to the caucus that it gets him some votes, but with not enough time to vet the fact that he's actually on his wife's billions of taxpayer bailout funded gold cadillac healthcare plan. He's pumping everything into not losing Iowa, but he's absolutely wrecked for anything else.

This is such a weird lie like, how can anyone believe a US Senator with a wife in wall street and two kids would not have healthcare. Unless...are we SURE he is no longer a Canadian???

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Boosted_C5 posted:

What I'm trying to say is that Hillary Clinton is fine. LOL at anyone dumb enough to believe her royal highness is in any danger whatsoever.

unskew your thoughts

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Boosted_C5 posted:

The weird thing about this is I watched it live, and as a Republican I thought nothing of it and never dreamed it would hurt him. Watching it happen in real time, I just though he was very passionate about the campaign and I didn't equate getting fired up at a rally to being a madman not fit for the presidency.

I would never vote for him and disagree with him most of the time obviously, but I found him personally likeable and was bewildered the Democrats abandoned him and went with John Kerry, literally the worst candidate in my adult life of watching politics, in a winnable race. I think Dean could have beaten W.

Yeah I mean I was a kid in HS at this point and I really never understood what exactly was so wrong about it. It just became funny cause everyone else thought it was? Like Chappelle. I guess times were different back then and any showing of emotion in that post-9/11 world meant DEATH

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

the trump tutelage posted:

All I do is flex, I don't need a reason
All I want is votes, I don't need a reason
Fly out on a jet, I don't need a reason
Every day's a never ending summer season
All eyes on me

good post here

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Jeb!, stay in bed
Your campaign failing's locked in my head
Trump's got me broke
I don't care I'm down for what you want

Get drunk into the night
Mamma keep you here
Cause you dry my tears
Yeah, Jeb is lovin' these fights
How it is for us
And it's all because

Now if we're talking party
You got a Grand Old one
So put it on me
Swear it won't take you long
If you love me right
We Cruz for life
On and on and on

You got a Grand Old one
So put it on me
If you love me right
We Cruz for life
On and on and on

Trump, give me Trump
Anything you want I'll give it up
Chris Christie gets
Feisty with your parkway trips

Jeb! bushed into the night
Mama Bush is here
Cause you dry my tears
Yeah, summer lovin' and fights
How it is for us
And it's all because

You got a Grand Old one
So put it on me
If you love me right
We Cruz for life
On and on and on

You got a Grand Old one
So put it on me
If you love me right
We Cruz for life
On and on and on

Bodies
America making bodies we just use for walls
Bodies
Let's force them out til every muslim is gone
(Let's go)
On and on and on
(Let's go)
On and on
(Let's go)

You got a Grand Old one
So put it on me
If you love me right
We Cruz for life
On and on and on

You got a Grand Old one
So put it on me
If you love me right
We Cruz for life
On and on and on

You got a Grand Old one
So put it on me
If you love me right
We Cruz for life
On and on and on

You got a Grand Old one
So put it on me
If you love me right
We Cruz for life
On and on and on

tighten this up and I'll make a parody of this, I suck at parody lyrics

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
The video is out, and it is more pathetic than imagined

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/please-clap-jeb-bush-begs-crowd-to-applaud-after-speech-is-met-with-total-silence/

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Boosted_C5 posted:

This is the loving low point. I want so badly to believe that good can prevail for once. But it's happening all over again, that inevitable tidal wave coming toward me that will once again crush my spirit. That will once again have me, in a few short weeks or months, singing the praises of the chosen stooge like I loved him all along, passionately proclaiming the need to elect him, like it loving matters between him and whatever stooge Wall-Street and the powers that be decide to place in the other party's nomination spot.

I want to believe Trump can break the cycle but history tells me that 2 months from now I'll be a zombie shilling for Rubio, just like I became for Romney, McCain, Bush, every other miserable pile of dog-poo poo that has been forced down my throat.

Born in chains, will die in chains.

Thanks man, I haven't laughed like that in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Brannock posted:

You saw this video right? Because it's everywhere right now

Jesus, it's even worse seeing it a second time. This is much worse than Perry's gaffe, or any other I can think of. The guy got pretty far being a do nothing, say nothing politician, but this is the end. I have no idea where the establishment is going to go now. They have to be making GBS threads themselves.

• Locked thread