Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

I don't understand, wasn't he wrecking his body just using 5% punches during the sports tournament? How does 100% not just vaporize his arm or something? Is it a translation thing and this is just 100% of his 5%?

5% focused just into his arm and not spread all over his body I'd have to guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait till we get to the point that Midoriya's constant use of One For All has affected him on the genetic level and he pulverizes his arms again only for them to snap back into place and heal on their own within three minutes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lamebot posted:

As long as we get more panels of him writhing in pain.

I can't wait for Deku to rip one of his arms off only to grow it back.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Astro Nut posted:

Also doesn't resolve the issue of tearing his flesh apart each every time.

Dude doesn't need the Wolverine treatment - he needs Deadpool.

Wolverine was reduced to his skeleton and he was still fighting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The traitor is actually a character invisible to everyone. Even you the reader.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Where the gently caress is TETSUTETSUTETSUTETSUTETSUTETSUTETSUTETSU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Twiddy posted:

EDIT: ^^^^ Comic is good.

You're right, that's super weird.

All these special snowflakes need to stop relying on their quirks and pick up more of the self defense basics.

Deku... actually makes sense on that front. You'd think that because he was devoted to becoming a hero that he would have started with the basics, but by that logic he should've been working out before All Might made him buff up for a year. The same mental blocks and reasons that he didn't buff up would also be why he didn't study martial arts.

People are running around making explosions with their hands and talking so powerfully that your eardrums explode, what is knowing how to throw someone over your shoulder going to do to deal with that?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So I guess that puts and end to the theory that the police chief was the spy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like the fanart people post in this thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Doesn't stop Kotetsu from being both a great superhero and a terrible father.

Who?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Before AFO showed up, I thought it was that muck guy that attacked Bakugou in the intro showing up again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Add me to the camp of folks who think that having Bakugou yell "gently caress" every other word is a bit repetitive and tone-deaf. I think there's ways to make him sound angry and crass without overusing "gently caress" all the time. It's a kid's/teen-rated comic, it should be localized like one.

Dumbass would be more his speed, I think.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Midoriya will start training while using All Might's power and he'll be fridge juggling his way into using more of his quirk at once.

Also he's going to be totally loving shredded too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh man, I thought this was going to be the next chapter after the imgur-linked translated one. I'm kinda miffed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I'm curious why you're so sure about that.

Probably because it's just an idea that's been bandied around in this thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I agree, Midoriya is pretty spot on. All Might was...acceptable I guess.

All Might's gonna sound great when we hear him in a pre-injury flashback.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Twiddy posted:

One thing that I believe has been well established is that when it comes to the political situation, that doesn't matter. It's a good thing that the heroes are consistently beating the villains, but the population still feels threatened. Even if the villains have all been put down, the heroes have been incapable of preventing the attacks from happening even when they're actively trying to.

In a lot of the scenarios that hasn't been fair at all and the heroes are clearly trying to do everything they can, but the masses don't care about that.

Well yeah, from the look of things the villains are constantly pulling off attacks that none of the heroes can stop from happening. Sure, no one died, but the fear becomes 'Well we got lucky now but what about next time?' Also this is supposed to be the toughest hero school to get into as well so if the best of the best can't hold off the villains then maybe we're done for!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Eh, it looks like a simple handgun is strong enough to defeat like 99.9% of quirks. Most people don't have quirks that make them tough or fast enough to mitigate/avoid someone shooting at them. And even Tetsutetsu, who has a hardening quirk, was still getting hosed up by that handgun; an automatic weapon would have easily defeated him.

Mostly because he needed to breathe. But yeah, a shotgun or something automatic probably would've torn him apart.

Lamebot posted:

So I'm wondering if AFO is stuck in the same boat as All Might in regards to having an expiration date. Either he's developing Shigaraki as an heir to his schemes or he's gonna orochimaru the boy.

He seems like a fatherly mentor so far.

SHIGARAKI, MY BOY

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

I kind of hope AfO bites the dust along with All Might this arc, he's just too OP for the kids to deal with and it would make Shigaraki leading the villain alliance much more interesting after the obligatory soul searching.

This is how it's going to end between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2Zp4nwsFA&t=725s

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

But then you can't have invisisex outside.

80's clothes. Leg warmers and wrist bands.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So All for One is All Might's Nobody right?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Or maybe Deku is best quirkless, as Horikoshi intended.

Midoriya has a special stealth demon quirk that constantly works to subtly make things go all according to plan. First thing first, it made him appear quirkless so not to draw attention to itself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tollymain posted:

xanth is a bad book series

You think the tiny, meek, hero worshipping, shrimpnerd Deku could've survived being choked by Muddy, shake off Hitoshi's mind control, or just keep on trucking despite shattering his bones like geodes every two days on his own? Naw man, there's secret powers at work inside him that even he doesn't know about.

It's almost like a stand but it just offers him a constant buff.

JosephWongKS posted:

I wonder whether her intelligence is an integral part of the Creation Quirk itself i.e. everyone who gets that Quirk also ends up being an academic genius, or if it's possible for the Quirk to appear in a person of average / lesser intelligence and therefore not be able to be used to its full potential.

Okuyasu Nijimura.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Buckets posted:

I think it's just another case of anime dads always working so late they might as well not exist.

Deku has a brother he doesn't know about named Ness.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Not on SA in my memory, but it happens like 99.9% of all other JoJo discussions. It's... Baal, what's the word I'm looking for.

Baal posted:

Insipidly stupid

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yes, that sounds about right. Thank you baal.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8063818

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

All Might-kun :cry:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I believe in Kouhei.

Wouldn't it be awesome if All Might died later in the story and they made him the school's Stand?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bleremiah posted:

I think we're overlooking the Principal as a great all might candidate.

Midoriya's mom was already shown to respond better as a vessel than he did.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Western comics are often way better when done as single series with a definitive beginning and end rather than piggybacking off 70 years of character history and assumptions on how they "should" be.

See: Y: The Last Man, Transmetropolitan, Preacher, Hitman, Watchmen, Bone, etc

Bone as in Jeff Smith's Bone?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah. Why, you don't like Bone?

I'm just making sure I'm thinking of the same thing because, wow, I don't think I've talked to anyone about Bone/heard anyone bring it up since I got out of Middle School.

It's good, I'm not arguing that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I believe in Endeavor's eugenics program but holy poo poo do I not believe in anything else besides that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Space-Bird posted:

It's interesting One for All isn't hereditary, while endeavour is chasing after what One far All is via eugenics. I'm pretty sure the theme is 'eugenics are crazy, dangerous and inferior but don't drat the children of them'

60% of the time, it works everytime.

Captain Invictus posted:

That's about the same for me too but then they put out the entire thing in one single volume and I picked that up and read it, it's still fantastic. I had never actually finished it until then, it ends well too.

Yeah, same! I would've been happy if it was on Kindle or colored but heck, I got the entire main story so I finally got a chance to know how it all ended at the least.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Actually there is a full color version

Oh I'm sure there is, I just mean I would've liked if I could've got one of the colored versions. They only had black and white at my Books a Million.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Endeavor is a loving scumbag. I will root for Bakuga way before rooting for Endeavor.

I believe in Bakura.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Man, I like All Might a lot. He's so cool. I want to be just like him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Say what you will of the whole affair but no one was having a good time of it with Jane Foster Thor which is kinda sad given this was the same stable who made Thor being a frog a great thing.

Aside from people freaking out about a woman doing a thing what was the problem with it? The comic just wasn't doing well?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Goddammit, now I don't even know what to believe about the Thor comic aside from people freaking the gently caress out about a woman being Thor despite it happening before and also Frog Thor being a thing as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gyges posted:

Anyone talks poo poo about frog-Thor or horse-Thor and they're dead.

Ugh, I thought Frog-Thor was actual Man-Thor and Beta Ray Bill was an entirely separate person. God, comic chronology is worse than Christmas lights after a run in with an electric mixer.

Manatee Cannon posted:

wait until you hear about labrathor, retriever of mjolnir

My knowledge of hot comic topics is based on the new controversy about them. That's why I'm totally up to date on Hail Hydra memes and have no loving idea who the other big threat in DC besides Darkseid is or who Marvel's equivalent is supposed to be.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LostRook posted:

Well that last question should be easy at least to answer since the Marvel-verse has been building to him for a while now. Thanos Blue Josh Brolin

I heard about him a lot but I didn't know if that was supposed to be the big threat character or Apocalypse was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chumbler posted:

Isn't Cyclops evil now and his eye lasers can travel through time or something? I mean they had to do something to make him vaguely interesting I guess, but yeah, comic books.

I have no idea. I just know that poo poo changed while I wasn't in the loop. I mean, I didn't even watch every superhero tv show so I'm pretty lost on whatever happened to them ever since early 2000's.

LostRook posted:

Apocalypse is more Earth-bound and X-men centered. Thanos' and Darkseid's goals and abilities have a similar scale in the sense that they are both world conquerors and "Anti-life equation" and "Loves/worships literal incarnation of death" mean trouble for everyone in the universe.

I honestly always thought Galactus was supposed to be a way more dangerous threat than he is but apparently he's only like thirty feet tall or something most of the time? And I'm half sure the real problem people are trying to deal with is Skrulls. All I know about X-men is Sentinels and I'm betting that they've basically got ways to shut those down since they've been around for so long. Really, I'm only moderately in the loop on some characters because they get movies or TV shows like Deadpool, DareDevil, Agents of Shield and Flash.