Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
We're less than 20 hours out from SEA, and there's been word on the street that Australia (and others) may get a censored version for local release. Obviously this means I'll have to get a US goon to buy for me, but surely this close to SEA Tripwire would know if they have to have a cut version available or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Questioner86 posted:

From the store page for KF2 :

NOTE: It is quite likely that there are some regions where we may be required to make cuts in the future, particularly in the gore system, to comply with local ratings boards, once we get the game into its full release status. Regions most likely at risk of this are Germany (via USK) and Australia (via OFLC). Japan is another possibility (via CERO), but is an unknown quantity to us. To be quite clear: this means that, if you are buying from a region which regularly forces cuts on to games for gore, you may get reduced gore when we go to the full release version of the game.

Yes, I read that but was hoping it was known one way or the other by now. It's not like SEA bypasses any censorship issues.

FishMist posted:

Personally, I don't think we need to worry now that we an R rating available for games now.

Given that there is no mention on Steam of the new Mortal Kombat being censored, I can hope they won't touch KF2. MKX is way more extreme in their fatalities than KF2 will ever be.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I can't believe how much I miss the "switch to last used weapon" button from KF1. Toggling quickly between 2 items is great, and I just can't do it accurately or as quickly with the mouse-wheel or number keys.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

dogstile posted:

I can sorta see someone getting annoyed if they managed to get to level 20 and were getting used to suicidal, then getting bumped down in level so that they can't really play at that level anymore.

Players should all start out at level 50 so the game is really easy, and as they get better they start to lose XP and skills until the best players have no extra stuff at all. Anyone can be awesome with massive damage boosts and protections. Let's get this sorted so we can see who the real heavy hitters are!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Meldonox posted:

Is the hammer everyone's favorite berserker weapon? I gotta say, I preferred shovel to katana when I started playing the other night but I haven't had a lot of time to explore my options in depth.

The katana is not a berserker weapon any more, so you won't get XP for using it.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Fina posted:

Oh man is that a keyboard macro to spam the dosh key? I know what I'm doing later.

I think the favoured method is to bind dosh dropping to your mouse wheel.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Questioner86 posted:

It's kinda interesting watching people call each other retard baby shits over the clot grab. Interesting and also loving dumb.

We don't even agree on it internally at Tripwire (Shocking revelation: we are not a game design hive mind) but if you're ever going to try out a mechanic early access is the place to do it. If it loving sucks we can always change it or make it an option or whatever. I'm just glad that something solves the problem in KF1 of not being able to move and not knowing that you're grabbed by a clot until a Fleshpound has expanded your anus.

I'm sure you don't give a poo poo what a few retards on SA think, but my vote is to keep it in. In a team game that is all about awareness, something that can gently caress up your aim because you or your team ignored a threat is a good thing. If players don't like it happening, get better.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

SaffronKit posted:

Also gently caress crawlers, if 4 get you trapped againest a wall you can actually die to them if you're a support who needs to reload.

So bashing them with the butt of your gun doesn't work?

Ravenfood posted:

If they want me to use the syringe mid-combat, they need to make it a lot easier to use on a moving target. Anyone who needs it is probably desperately strafing around and/or my "helpful" syringe is just going to mean I bodyblock them in to eat the damage anyhow. I never felt like the KF1 syringe was tricky to use on moving targets, but I really struggle with the KF2 syringe.

Yeah, I've pretty much given up trying to use the syringe on others unless it's between waves or otherwise really quiet. If someone is moving it's next to impossible to hit them with it. As you say, in KF1 it was trivial.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Theta Zero posted:

The one place with the ramp with a pipe full of blood, four weldable doors, and a bunch of computer desks that inevitably get blown up by wave 3?

For some reason, my group always seems to wander into that area despite us actively planning and repeated to ourselves that we should never go there. I don't know why it always happens.

I love that spot not because it's easy or a great place to hole up, but because it gets absolutely mental after a while and everyone shits their pants. I don't want a quiet paint-by-numbers game when I play, I want balls-out mayhem.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

khy posted:

Every single time I've tried to weld a door to get some support XP, I've been yelled at for it. Every single time I ask about which doors are good to weld I get told never to weld anything. In my defense the game explicitly tells me when choosing the support perk that welding doors gives me XP so I assumed it was somehow beneficial. Also I'm completely new to this game.

I wish that the game didn't claim that welding is a good thing and would give me XP when it seems to be bad more often than not.

If I ever feel like welding for XP, which is almost never, I just weld one up and then unweld it immediately afterwards. Repeat as desired. I've certainly never done it tactically as it has never seemed to help at all, just when I'm waiting for the trader pod to shut.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I'm running my own server with SteamCmd and my client can't connect as it says the server is not up to date. I run "app_update 232130" in SteamCmd and it says it is already up to date.
Any server experts here can help me out with this in case my google searches come up empty?

e: Looks like I have to log in as anonymous to do the update. It's half way through downloading stuff so I presume it's working now.
e2: SUCCESS!

Gromit fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 1, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Looks like it's Killing Floor gif time, thanks to a game last night. All are 20MB+:

This Scrake didn't like his twin much

Free torso!

Husk FF + grenade makes Scrake a sad man

You kids get off the drat roof!

Gifts for my new friends

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

darkhand posted:

Everything in KF1 except Firebug was super good.

While firebugs would anger FPs and scrakes, they were magic at clearing out trash on early waves and I had lots of fun with them. Being immune to husk fire and their own grenades was pretty helpful, too. And lighting the Patriarch up so people could track him when he cloaked was pretty useful.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I assume he threw the rifle on the ground and said "peace out" before disconnecting.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Whale Cancer posted:

I want to start recording gameplay, is fraps the best option?

If you have an Nvidia card that is a GTX 6-series or later then ShadowPlay is your best option.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Chard posted:

Those dudes in the Manor portraits are incredibly goony and I love it, the whole place looks great. Can't wait to paint it red

So which TWI team members are they?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

closeted republican posted:

Outpost plays fine, but god is it boring to look at after playing Bioticslab for a while. It's like someone removed all of the cool stuff in Bioticslab and replaced it with a generic outdoors snowy base area.

And the best spots to fight are all outside that I've seen, so the only spots indoors I've even really seen are the ones with trader pods. Mind you, it's amusing to see how far up the walls you can splash blood.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Takes No Damage posted:

Not sure what it does when you tell it to record manually, so far I've just been using the DVR 'hey grab the last 60 seconds' button.

The round arrow icon that shows you are constantly recording the last X minutes of footage has a green light inside when you've switched it to manual "always on".

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

How do I join the goon server? I used the console open command, but it says it requires a password and I don't know where to put one in.

Someone posted the open command syntax for adding a password, so look back the last couple of pages.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Amusingly, on one of my last Outpost games I had died and then respawned into the new wave when the last zed to be killed was a vomiting Bloat. I spawned right into his vomit flow and started the wave taking damage as I headed for the trader. Both annoying and funny at the same time.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Psion posted:

My specific problem is having to haul rear end all the way across a map to get to a trader pod. This is usually a problem on custom maps (some of them have the pods 300+ m apart, which is just poo poo no matter how you look at it) and that's not TW's issue but sometimes even a regular map is tough.

If you're not all moving towards the trader when you're down to the last few zeds then you aren't playing it right. I mean, if you died you have to weigh-up having the cash to re-buy or going back for your gun, but when you talk about distance between pods you must be talking about between wave visits, and you need to be near the pod before the wave ends.

Jimbot posted:

Do they plan on ever adding anything that lets you keep track of your team better? Not being able to see where they are if you happen to get split up during an extremely hectic fight isn't all that fun. Being able to see their outlines through the walls or something would be a good addition.

Hell no, I just can't agree with you here. Part of the fun is trying to get back to the group. And by "fun" I mean "panic", and some of my favourite parts of the game is when things go to poo poo.

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, that's why I'm scared when I don't live on their forums and thus didn't see anything about it. Hopefully they'll get back to us in a week or so before I go back to thinking either the sky is falling or talking about how lame the Commando is outside of being the trashman. Or just forget this game exists again. :(

Being the trashman is such an important job. It shits me when a scrake or FP turns up and everyone ignores all the other stuff and just concentrates on them. Then a bunch of gorefasts or clots wander in and gently caress everyone. If I'm Commando at that stage I ignore the big guys and clear out the junk so Zerkers can maneuver around.

FaustianQ posted:

Level 10
Large Mags: 50% magazine size increase
OR
Tactical Reload: 50% Faster reloads.

Surely once you work out how long it takes to dump 2 magazines of bullets you can work out which if these 2 options is better and everyone chooses that one?

Gromit fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 13, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

FaustianQ posted:

Don't Large Mags increase total ammo count or am I recalling incorrectly? If they don't, they should, so the trade off is that while faster reloading is superior, Large Mags give you a larger pool of ammo.

Yeah, that's a good point that I didn't think of if they increase max ammo count. I guess you would weight it against how often you run dry through a wave.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I've not dug into the dark bowels of the graphics settings to maybe fix it, but I keep seeing this weird blood texture switch on this truck every time I play and it shits me. It's even worse when the splat is way smaller. It doesn't even look like its a level of detail thing, as both seem equally detailed.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Some of the requirements were ridiculous but at least they were all cumulative so you only had to kill 3,600 stalkers in total for commando instead of 7,680. v:v:v

I've actually got 7,802 stalker kills in KF1.

And over 82,000 headshots. :negative:

Ha, you made me go check to see how tiny my e-cock was. 11,967 stalker kills but only 14,577 "sniper headshot kills". Never really played Sharpshooter much.
KF1 is still my most played Steam game by a long shot with 675 hours. So long as we get the same variety of maps etc I imagine I'll get a ton more play out of this one yet.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Upmarket Mango posted:

I think this game would benefit from having lights/lighting being tinted red from blood splatter.

Play the BioticsLab2009 map and camp in the spawn area. That main corridor ahead of you quickly becomes a scary red tunnel of foreboding.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Section Z posted:

Am I crazy and just super bad at moving my mouse today, or is the sensitivity higher than it used to be? I've never futzed with sensitivity settings at any point myself. I'm expecting it's just me but you never know some days.

Do you have a mouse with a sensitivity selector on it near the mouse wheel. That's fooled me in the past when I've hit it by accident.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

How does one update the dedicated server program? Friend of mine is wanting to get their server up.

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server_%28Killing_Floor_2%29 says "app_update 232130" from within SteamCmd. Make sure he is logging in as anonymous.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Do medic darts stack from either the same medic or different ones? If so, then grenades should too.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Takes No Damage posted:

Yeah I've been using Nvidia Shadowplay. When I hit F11 it dumps the last 60 seconds into a video file. Later I use a free video editor called Shortcut to clip out the bit I want and export that to an mp4, which I then drag over to gyfcat. I also have no idea how it keeps a running stream of the last x seconds to pull from with no noticeable performance hit but there you go.

Do you mean Shotcut?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I enjoy playing medic simply because it changes from a zed-shooting game to a "try and get a shot on that guy in the distance when other guys keep getting in between us" game. I really like trying to place myself in the best spot to cover the most people, and even with the homing darts you still feel like a bad-rear end for getting a heal off way across the map.
I try to clear up trash if it's going to block or get behind someone, and target sirens who are behind the big guys. Other than that I tend to leave shooting to others, which sometimes makes me feel like I'm not pulling my weight. But I'd rather be able to heal someone when it's needed than to be caught reloading.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Do medic darts stack (either my own or from a few different medics at once) when I'm healing a guy who is really low on health?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Not relevant to any conversation, I want to be able to shoot the chandeliers down in Manor and have them squash zeds.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Like the gnomes that were hidden in levels in the first KF, there are medallions in the maps that you need to find and shoot. Some of them are really tricky to locate.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Away all Goats posted:

I found one by pure luck since it was sitting close to an ammo box, are their locations random or always the same?

Always the same, so find a guide online somewhere. Some of them are downright evil.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I think I'd like to see the Siren's effect on the gore using that NVidia Flex thing be reduced. The main body parts lying immobile but the intestines flying about the place seems pretty incongruous to me.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

moot the hopple posted:

Can we get a return of the last weapon key? Not the already implemented previous weapon which just scrolls backwards through your weapon list, but a key binding that selects your last used weapon. I used it a lot in KF1 because you'd sometimes have several weapons in a category and stuff gets too hectic to scroll through them all.

Yeah, that's the thing I miss the most. I got used to pre-loading that key with the 2 I'd want to switch between depending on the situation. Especially back when you had to grind stalkers with the bullpup.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I hope they don't use the words "poison" and "sonic" in place of Bloat and Siren. I'm not rolling 3d6 here.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Revolver Bunker posted:

I'm wondering how big a Bloat will get when I boil their insides with the microwave gun.

Hit him with it in a doorway and block it off so nothing can get past. Just some arms and legs wiggling on either side.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

For whoever was asking about custom maps, the Tripwire forum currently has around 114 to varying degrees of quality. Most of the ones on the front page/with more than a few pages of posts are pretty good:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211

Add em to your goon servers, folks!

I have taken a look at a few and can at least suggest BioticsLab2009, Frozen, HorzineDistrict (still needs work, but big and playable), and SectorC3 as not being overly buggy or lazy. I only play them on my LAN though. For all I know they are exploitable poo poo that will grief you hard online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Professor Cthulhu posted:

Somebody better say "they plump when you cook em" for this weapon.

Take that suspiciously American quote back to Counter Strike!