Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rutibex posted:

Even top tier Superman got owned by The Antimonitor, which puts him below Goku in terms of raw power. Superman has never been able to destroy the entire universe.

And yet Goku apparently can't survive being near magma, while Supes swims through the planet's mantle for fun.

As much as people like to argue about this, the fact is there's no real way to compare the two. They operate in different universes with different rules which change all the time.

And anyway the Flash would clown them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rutibex posted:

Exhibit A: The Flash at full power, runs around the entire earth eight times in a few moments and dissolves into the speed force
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXZWBJ-KKaU

Exhibit B: Gotenks (much weaker than God Goku) showing off, flys around the entire Earth nine times in a few moments, and barely breaks a sweat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJL-gEpAuTc

But that's anime Flash and therefore non-canon.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Flash might've been able to outrun the Big Bang, but can he outrun a x100 Big Bang Kamehameha?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry, but I don't see how putting Freezer on the team could possibly be a good idea. Dude has pretty much proven himself to be completely irredeemable at this point. I mean, remember how the Namek fight ended? Motherfucker was begging for his life, Goku gives him just enough ki to escape the planet, and what does he do? Shoots Goku's own ki back at him just to let him know exactly how hard he can gently caress himself. Are you really going to take a guy with that kind of spite in him, who has been defeated and humiliated by you and your friends thrice now, and be like "Look I know we've had our differences, but do you think you could do us a solid here?"

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have to admit, I kind of don't like Gohan in the orange gi. It just makes him look like a knockoff Goku.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a cartoon duck posted:

I enjoyed the bit where Granny Goku tapped into her Goku Black voice when Goku was talking about how unsensable the furries are and how exciting that is to them, Goku is a jerk arc shaping up to be good stuff.

I missed it the first time, but holy poo poo he is talking like Black there.

I am so drat curious to see how far they take this.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OB_Juan posted:

Maybe you're right, but it seems like he's a into it in a different way now? He seems to get bad-guy-face from time to time now.

Watch his eyes in future episodes, and especially the manga once it catches up. Goku's eyes are always drawn with an outline only going about 3/4 of the way around, except as a super saiyan. You'll notice that Goku Black had full outlines around his eyes. That's because Toriyama tends to draw his villains with full outlines, while his (at least early) good guys have the partial outline. So if Toriyama starts drawing Goku with the full outlines in his base form, that's your first hint that poo poo's about to hit the fan.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, why are Whis's sclerae black in that shot?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Somebody better pick up that phone.:smuggo:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

How the hell did he get that ring on his neck?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is by far the stupidest idea Goku's ever had, and considering how all this bullshit started that is loving saying something.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo they need to stop with Roshi. That garbage might have flown back in the 80s, but here in the 21st century it's just gross.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burkion posted:

Him getting the wish would be the best narrative thing that could happen because of the poo poo he could pull.

Freeza's going to win... and wish for more time with his new friends. :3:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rutibex posted:

I am officially dedicating page 666 to The Words Strongest Champion MR SATAN!

Didn't we just watch him piss himself with fright at the thought of fighting?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So any guesses on what Freeza's "conditions" might be?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brother Entropy posted:

has anyone even said anything bad about them or are people just kvetching over the possibility of a theoretical someone on the internet out there not liking a thing

Someone, somewhere on the internet doesn't agree with me, therefore I can never know peace.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I've said before that I don't​ like the idea of The Big Freeze coming back, but on the plus side it gives them an opportunity for some interesting character interaction. Like, Freeza and the androids have never met before. It's totally possible that they don't even know what he looks like.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Funky Valentine posted:

I want Vegeta to see Kale go Broly mode and wonder if all Saiyans can do that.

I want him to see Kale and completely wimp out like he did in the movie.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You know, this is exactly the sort of plotline that ultimately ends with Freeza turning good. Once a bad guy in Dragon Ball starts working with the protagonists, even for purely selfish reasons, it inevitably results in them changing diapers or babysitting someone's grandkids. Maybe Freeza will be the exception, given how much Toriyama is said to hate the character, but if there was ever going to be a Freeza redemption arc this is exactly what it would look like.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burkion posted:

Like I was kind of hoping we'd get something of an edge from ole Califlower but oh God no, she's just as pathetic as the rest.

It's kind of endearing.

U6 is the Hugo to U7's Bart.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seriously though, if U7 lost and we spent the rest of Super following the adventures of Cabbage, Cauliflower, and Kale I would totally be okay with that.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
No but for reals, even their Broly is nicer than our Broly. Meanwhile Goku has just about completed his transition to full on villain.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay I was willing to go along with Freeza being on the team, but if that ep 96 spoiler turns out to be true I'm going to be seriously annoyed. The only reason this plot point was worthwhile at all was because they were using this character in a new and interesting way. But if he's just going to be a straight up antagonist again then this whole thing was a waste of time and they might as well have recuited Yamcha in the first place.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
101: A New Rival!? The Stranger From Planet Krypton!

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wait, is that Gohan fighting a super saiyan, in his base form, with one arm?

Beerus, you loving idiot. If you hadn't blown up the time machine, we could've had this Gohan instead of Nerd Dad Gohan.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I bet Nerd Dad Gohan could fight off a 10 year old super saiyan with one arm as well.

Right now, he could, since Piccolo managed to whip him back into shape, but at the beginning of Super? He would've lost against an unborn Pan.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
God, that page is like a summation of everything Vegeta is.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kanos posted:

Also yeah why was Freeza transforming to blow up some mooks way cooler and better animated than him transforming in the plot arc devoted to him?

I think it's supposed to signify what a terrible mistake it is to let a monster like Freeza back into the world. Goku has done a whole lot of questionable things recently, but promising to ressurect a guy who is literally called the Emperor of Evil is definitely the worst.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I love how Goku's just standing there with a look on his face like "What the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat doing?"

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Universe 6 Saiyans can go Super Saiyan God by focusing their energy into their elbows.

I mean, all Vegeta had to do was clean fishbowls and lift weights for a while.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does someone have that shot of Baba going all :stonk: at Freeza?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks. It really is a great image, in that it perfectly encapsulates everything Freeza is as a character without even having to show him.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ImpAtom posted:

So, if you die on Earth you get stuck in Earth hell until go through the cosmic treadmill and all that and Frieza's the only dude too much of a jerk to go through that... does that mean somewhere out there there's a 12 year old who is the earthly reincarnation of King Cold?

Dloc was the worst behaved student at Satan City Elementary.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does Piccolo have any material possessions other than his usual outfit?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aw poo poo, that's terrible. Here's hoping he pulls through.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

khwarezm posted:

New screens!

Man, Gohan looks more like Vegeta's son than Goku's.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
He also has a huge ssj3 browline for some reason. And Tien has no mouth.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know, I'm getting some serious Namek saga Vegeta vibes from Freeza right now. A part of me still says he stays a bad guy, but at the moment he seems like he's on the path. That shot of him and Goku unconscious in the water is classic anime rival stuff.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RBX posted:

Uh did you watch any of the current episode?

Well, it's not like I'm expecting him to turn into Piccolo right away. It took Vegeta basically all of Z to get where he is now. All I'm saying is that every other time a villain in Dragon Ball teamed up with the the good guys they eventually wound up like Vegeta and Piccolo. So yeah, Freeza is still a bad dude, and I fully expect him to keep doing bad things, but so did Vegeta right up to the Buu arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress the tournament. We need 100 episodes of this ASAP.

• Locked thread