Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:
did i miss gorf's apologetic "2 weeks" for lack of andromeda in ea's presser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

from a company with 21years of experience

where was the big show you promised?

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

You registered 61 days ago. You have two posts on Something Awful in total, both today, both attacking G0RF over Mass Effect: Andromeda.

:gary: :gary: :gary:

What is the question? Did you not think that ME:A held up to the hype? For me, it did. It looks awesome. Very, very brief glimpses of what look like gameplay in between cutscene style stuff. Coupled with the other trailer I'm still really optimistic.

held up? gorf promised the big reveal, the show that would wipe star citizen off the map

and then nothing

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Inkel posted:

Was it the huge showcase that many of us were looking for? No. Was what was shown better than anything CIG has ever released? Yes.

So what kind of answer exactly are you expecting from him?

i'm waiting to hear more bluster to explain why his previous bluster was pulled out of his rear end

this isn't about cig, this is about what gorf promised and making sure you're all aware what a broken poser he is

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

G0RF posted:

You do have to admit-- this looks pretty cool, Lazrin. Can we agree on that much?

Oh man, I'm as touched as I am terrified!

it does indeed. but I'm just trying to temper the false alarms because they don't automatically mean 'bad' for cig and are hype in and of themselves. cig is doing that on they're own so i'm not even sure why anyone in this thread needs to somehow thump the chest of another project

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It took a friend of mine getting fired and me getting banned in order to really break the illusion that things weren't utterly and completely hosed. And this is after years of delays, patronizing comments, failed expectations, and general stupidity on the part of CIG. Hell the reason I even paid attention to Smart was because I genuinely thought that his antics would at least shake things up enough for CIG to change. Obviously that hasn't happened, it never will happen, and with the latest TOS I'm convinced that CIG knows they're hosed as well.

why the gently caress would you think anyone at all would respond to smart?

the circle jerk in this echo chamber has to date provide no substance or proof of any of the claims laid out. so theres that.

goons are so irrelevant in this landscape now including your glorious leader, its time to let it go

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

in the words of your leader, thats not how that works

media needs clicks. thats why they show car crashes and hockey fights as highlights more than the highlights themselves

you expected some kind of capitulation on cig's part because of smarts actions? hes the laughing stock of the industry. he did nothing. you did nothing.

whether sc or s42 ever see the light of day is another topic, but the fact is that goons and smart are irrelevant, whatever their effort and whatever the outcome

the room full of beautiful minds in here can't handle the truth

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

SurfaceDetail posted:

I like him too i was countering that we view him as some sort of leader. Which we dont really. Hes a quirky dude who gets inside info on occasion

A good mod too

thats how the world views it.. .goons have bowed to and follow smart like or not

goons have lost identity

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

AP posted:

Comments are going to be fun to watch.

Thor Odinson, God of Thunder.

Derek Smart, God of Trolling.

you can see that fool is isn it for his own self promotion nothing else. he has to make sure he gets credit and that eyes are on him

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Given he has been talking about this for a year, gaming press suddenly giving each other credit for it is a bit lovely. As you've only mentioned credit and not the content of the article I assume you are admitting that DEREK SMART IS RIGHT?

thats the point. no one needs derek smart to tell anyone any of this. its painfully obvious the troubles the project has and will have.

so you follow him and worship him for being captain obvious?

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Sedisp posted:

I have heard this exact thing from people trying to get into the housing market in 2007-2008.

Here's the thing MoMA this has had proof of collapse. The red flags are all there and you're praying the Stimperor really does have invisible clothes. Then you start telling other people how invisible clothes would be tehnically possible while we all laugh.

proof of collapse would require... proof of collapse, and that would require collapsing.

still seems to be going.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You don't know this. You're trying to convince yourself that it's true, and that your speculation is fact, but in reality you have nothing but wishful thinking behind you.

and how is that any different from what you do? you keep talking just to convince yourself when there's no tangible evidence of anything in this circle jerk being true.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

There are people reading and posting in this thread that have seen 100% incontrovertible, iron clad proof that Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are completely hosed and are never being released as pitched.

MoMA, you can believe or disbelieve the above statement but you've been warned.

so show me.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

smart is such an imbecile and you are all fools for following him and hanging on his every word

lol, he has you sucking his cock with every made up word he says

he is a demented old man, socially broken in every way

you know what's funny about this thread? it only still exists because you all fear the possibility that everything might just turn out fine.

enjoy.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

EminusSleepus posted:

thanks for your $10 donation for the cause sperg, have a good stay here

like i'd pay to be here

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

The Kins posted:

Man, not even ROCKSTAR make full-on movie sets for their mocap stuff.

so many loving dunces here.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Fat Shat Sings posted:

We make fun of Derek as much as anywhere else, we just do it in a good natured way and are cool with him. We don't have to pretend he is some kind of Arch Demon to dispel our doubts in a deluded fantasy world that will never happen.

We were also having public callouts in GBS about Star Citizen years before Derek got involved, But yeah the people that invented making fun of Derek Smart are somehow spellbound by his presence.

OR, hypothetically, work with me here bro, Star Citizen is deserving of being mocked and people don't really have to have a reason other than Star Citizen itself to mock it?

thats the thing. there's no reason to be good natured or cool with him. star citizen or not, he's worthless, broken human being. he clearly has some mental issues, and the hangers on in this thread are of a slight enough mind to follow someone like that.

smart is your leader wether you like it or not, and that is embarrassing and sad even for goons. this isn't comedy, it's a cult. sound familiar?

star citizen as a project is not likely to finish in the way backers are hoping and you don't have to be a genius or read any word smart makes up to know that. he's captain obvious and you goons slobber all over him

this thread exposes just how far down at the bottom of the barrel some people are... and it has nothing to do with star citizen.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How mad must you be at an internet Warlord to constantly post about how he's some venerable leader of the people?

Have you tried yoga, Lazrin?

not mad at all, he's irrelevant

but seeing this thread for the first time, and how you hang on his every word, has really driven it home for me. these are derek smart's lemmings, nothing else

i didn't think it would be this bad in here, but here we are.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

If George Bush Jr., someone completely irrelevant to the videogaming world, called the "end times" for CIG, would that really matter if it came true?

All you seem to do, Lazrin, is attack the messenger and not the message.

And that speaks volumes.

what's the message, exactly, just so i'm clear.

is it every falsehood that's been spewed since derek was kicked out of the community and his delicate condition cannot process things like that happening to him? or is it what's going to happen in 2 weeks?

derek is unwilling (because he's unable) to say anything about the actual state of the project or company. he has nothing to show

the 'message' is not dereks. its obvious to anyone with eyes.

and why are you so concerned about how other people piss away their money?

again, cult.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

That people should get refunds and the people who ran the scam shouldn't get away with it. Not to speak for DS.

Derek put some stuff out last night that was proved true this morning. I don't know what else you want. We can go back through the big list of predictions that have come true if it helps.

Ah so to anyone with eyes its obvious the entire thing is a scam that is never coming out? Why are you defending that scam?

99% of goons are concerned with how loving funny this entire thing is. Thankyou for doing your part to amuse us.

Ok user that has registered to defend Star Citziens honour. :allears:

now you're playing along better.

an actor showing up to do work - who already is working on the game - and derek "predicted" it? he just posted yesterday that chris is building a 'movie set' so it must have all been done between the 3 hours he posted it and the time mark hamill showed up for work, right?

it doesn't matter if you or derek or anyone thinks its a scam until someone can prove that it is. that is what he's not willing or able to share. why not?

i'll carry that message far and wide once you show me why i should

it's in huge trouble for many reasons. a scam it is not.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this is so great, thank you for posting here, we have fewer and fewer interactions like this these days.

Maybe it would help you to understand that this thread has been around long before Derek entered the ring. We've been laughing at Star Citizen way before it was the cool thing to do. Derek could be completely full of poo poo and it would still be funny that he's waging war against CIG and winning. People lose their goddamned minds because of this guy. We're here for entertainment. I'm sure you can figure the rest out. The fact that he happens to be right is a nice bonus.

We're not at all concerned with whether you piss away your money. In fact, please continue to do so, as that is also funny. It is however a good feeling knowing that our shitposts about star citizen might prevent unwitting people, who aren't zealots like yourself, from giving money to a scam.

that's a myopic perspective. that's not how the world outside of this thread sees it. most don't even know who derek smart is, let alone him somehow 'winning' something.

if you think people really knew what the people in this thread are like, they'd take any advice from them at all? would you?

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Evil_Greven posted:

What do you make of them promising to issue a refund, closing a person's account, then not issuing a refund?

i think they supported that decision in the note you and i both read.

personally, i'm against all refunds for crowdfunded projects. you take the risk, it's on you. don't look for someone to hold your hand and get you out of it. grow up.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Chris said: We're done filming!

Derek said: Nah, they've got reshoots coming up real soon

Mark tweets: poo poo, gotta do some reshoots. *sadface*

Shill thinks: PURELY COINCIDENCE, SURELY!

wait wait wait.

is it reshoots on the movie set that chris was building last night? the one that didn't exist for performance capture?

how is that a reshoot, exactly?

maybe, just maybe, it's something new and already scheduled. possible?

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You literally aren't capable of grasping the concept of Derek calling something out publicly before its made public.

If Derek had made a called shot on reshoots, and then it didn't happen, you'd have something to argue about. Alas, 'tis not the case.

no, if derek had posted that more than 3 hours before it happened... like a couple weeks ago? sure

you didn't answer me about reshoots... how can it be a reshoot when we've never had a movie set before?

don't need a set for performance capture. so if there's really a movie set, it means they're doing something new.

right now, there is no movie set because there's no proof of it

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Derek Smart is winning because every single day it becomes more and more apparent that CIG will not deliver on their promises. The narrative of CIG being capable of producing AAA work, or any game for that matter, is being systematically disassembled before our eyes. Of course Derek didn't have to lift a finger for that to be the case; it was inevitable regardless of what he did. But he's been attacked since day one for saying that CIG's pitch was impossible, and he's right. Derek wins.

*most* people understand their pitch became impossible at some point.

but *most* people are not egomaniacal sociopaths, and are able to continue to live their normal lives despite such a revelation. not him though

and you guys needed him to tell you this? this wasn't you're own opinion, so *he's* winning? got it.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Evil_Greven posted:

They told the Better Business Bureau that they closed this person's account and issued a refund.
They told PayPal that they had shipped merchandise to the person (tracking numbers!), so they had no reason to issue a refund.

Now the person has a closed account and has not received a refund.

if it's a clerical error i am sure they will fix it.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Maw posted:

Why would them making a movie/set which nobody asked for be a good thing, when they have a game they're failing to make that people /have/ asked and paid for?

i missed the announcement where they said they were making a movie.

i also missed where no other video game ever included full motion video to help tell part of a story.

a movie set can be anything from the brick wall they use for their stupid shows up to reconstructing mos eisley in the middle of tunisia. show pictures and details of the set if it exists.

c;mon

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Motion capture uses minimal sets for motion keying. Steps, hand rails, walls etc. You can even see it in the videos CIG have posted.

A full set could mean a full painted set or a giant wooden contraption - neither of which mocap needs. So the options are this:

A) - They're doing loving FMV and that is hilarious and awful. They're doing FMV in a massively expensive mocap studio instead of a soundstage.

B) - They're building a full set for mocap because CR is a loving idiot and that is also hilarious and awful.

The reshoots things, they've mentioned in ATV when giving excuses for Chris that he is "doing reshoots in the uk"

:laffo: at three hours. What is the cut off for knowing things before backers do? Is it a day? two weeks? he still clearly DOES have people inside so why aren't you listening to him?

Also will you come back here and apologise when the set is shown off in a video?

yep, i absolutely will... i'll show up every time i'm wrong and admit it. every time.

whats wrong with doing some fmv? maybe its not for the game... maybe its for marketing, something they plan to show in theaters in front of star wars rogue one when when it hits in december.... ya know, just ahead of when squadron 42 could release

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What does the amount of time before the reveal matter? Is it true or not is the only metric that matters.

huh? some janitor at the studio can call smart and say "hey, hamill is here", derek posts, and then that was considered predicted based on insider info?

nope.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

The clerical error and janitor lines have finished me I'm afraid :(

there have as much credibility, likelihood and backup as anything posted in this thread.

i'm not trying to troll, believe me. i'm just in utter shock at how dumb some people are. even on the internet, in a goon forum, i didn't expect it

i'd love to have a rational discussion, but you tell me - is that possible in here?

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How does predicting a reshoot before its announced not lend credibility to anything?

i read his post, it said "chris is building a movie set" implying that it was something underway, or perhaps getting started

it did not say "mark hamill is doing a star citizen shoot on a new movie set in the morning" - that would have been insider info

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Not when you pick and choose what to reply to. Answer me about the FMV/Mocap stuff.

They're either:

A) - Filming FMV in one of the most expensive mocap suites in the world instead of a soundstage.

B) - Building a huge set for mocap that doesn't need it.

Either way they're incompetent and wasting a ton of money.

You also ignored the Star marine post.

DS predicted Star Marine being canned months before it was.

Why was it months away, then weeks away and then POOF! You've already got it!

Try.

if we're going to pick nits, then we gotta pick 'em.

- did mark hamill say where he was?
- is it possible he's going to a soundstage where the set is, not the performance studio?
- is possible he's doing both performance reshoots AND a new fmv shoot on a set (that could be a reason to build it in the same place)

again, as soon as illfonic was off of star marine, everyone said the same thing... trouble. once it became clear that the development track for getting fps features into the persistent universe was going to outpace the rework of star marine, of course it made sense to scrap the testbed for fps features.

they always said it was eventually coming back as a game node for the same reason arena commander is there. and it looks like that's happening. did derek predict it coming back? i may have missed that one. or are they doing it just to spite him?

edit: i'm out for a while, no replies for at least a few hours.

Lazrin fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 2, 2016

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

D1E posted:

loving Derek seriously just steals the best poo poo from this thread to post on his blog, without attribution. Gorf's chart. Liarbetes.

It's pretty disgusting actually.

its hilarious his life is all-consumed by this and it costing him personally and professionally

here's his pussy paragraph, which he (and i'm sure 'legal') thinks protect him somehow, where he admits his poo poo is pulled out of his rear end:

"It should be re-emphasized that this analysis suffers from a great degree of uncertainty in many aspects, due to the imperfections of the publicly available data. While I believe that the general conclusions and trends I have presented are broadly correct, caution should be used when interpreting any specific numerical values occurring in the charts. For the sake of completeness, here are some of the more important possible sources of error"

Lazrin fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 7, 2016

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Dante80 posted:

Btw...14 months ago things were a little better than above.

There are running full steam backwards on this one. This thing reminds me of the idea behind the first iteration of the blue sphere in ships (back when full 3d models of ships were inside the sphere).

Looks "good", handles like crap.

that's cargo.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Fat Shat Sings posted:

When did it become the trend to describe minutes of gameplay as some kind of Epic? Anna Boo Huxley was doing the same thing. Flying to the one mission, fighting the scripted loop pirates and back was this detailed story about every single aspect of it.

what's wrong with letting fans be fans? i mean *you* know it's poo poo, right? that should be enough, right?

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Lladre posted:

MOMA. Why are you so concerned with jail time for the CIG employees?

It seems that is what triggers you the most.

PS. They are going to jail.

you stupid twats and your egomaniacal dimwit leader ... god drat, it's embarrassing

here's a hint: learn yourself. not here, not in smart's blog... it's made up poo poo.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Player 2 has entered the game. Hey Lazrin now that Mark Hamill has confirmed he has been filming on a set for SQ42 will you be admitting I was right and so was DS? Write back soon X

never said he wasn't.

i said the act of knowing that was treated like some giant secret when it was public knowledge. but you rallied around your leader like he brought you some kind of insider info. lol.

on top of all that, what does it matter what he's doing? you don't understand game production, film production, the schedule(s) of those involved and, well, everything else. so saying anything other than "hamill is filing for SC" is irrelevant.

all of the other words came together it a massive reality distortion field known as this thread.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jst0rm posted:

I understand re shoots are because poo poo sucks. Ask me how I know.

i don't think you do.

and who says these are reshoots?

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jst0rm posted:

They have to be reshoots. He was already in for his shoot. Its called block shooting. I've worked in the film industry as a creative lead for 15 years. You don't continually bring in leads for this poo poo unless you dont give a poo poo about burning tons of cash or your product is poo poo.

maybe.

unless you needed them for something else.

and said lead's schedule called for them being in the country for another major project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Jst0rm posted:

If you needed them for something else you mismanaged everything. You should have everything ready when you start principal photography.

you know performance capture and photography are different things, right? different studios, different disciplines, different crews....

logical way to split them up based on your talent's availability.

• Locked thread