Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

Depending on your cat's reaction it also can count as martial arts sparring

He is very sweet and cuddly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Rinzla posted:

All my cat tried to do when I’m lifting weights is trip me up.

Aerobics!

xcheopis

Jaded Burnout posted:

How do you deal with large amounts of pseudo-generalised anxiety outside of medication?

I have a collection of fun books, including YA ones, that I keep near my bed to help combat anxiety. Also, I do math and logic puzzles from Dell Publishing.

Basically, anything that allows/forces me to focus on anything else. I also use CBD, but that isn't useful where you are.

Exercise is good and so are breathing exercises.

xcheopis

Barking Gecko posted:

Bats: The Congress Ave. bridge bat colony, assuming they are awake and active by late March.
Merlin Tuttle's Bat Conservancy sometimes has events there, so check their website!

xcheopis

glowing-fish posted:

A quesadilla is a round price of flat bread with cheese and tomato sauce...

What heresy is this!?!

xcheopis

glowing-fish posted:

Hot sauce, which is a type of tomato sauce.

Not like pasta tomato sauce. Altough "mild" hot sauce is basically the same thing, right?

Also, on of the things that makes burritos better than pizza is that burritos can be made hot, like really hot, but pizza being a spicy food, beyond maybe a few flecks of seasoning, just doesn't work.

You can put habaneros on pizza, though.

xcheopis

glowing-fish posted:

It is 1:30 AM and I have a job interview tomorrow, should I be hitting F5 hoping that I will get to see Shrimpwhisker's cats, dogs, parrots, snakes, tarantulas, ferrets, emus, turtles, bunnies or budgies? Is this a good use of my time?

Yes, of course.

xcheopis

glowing-fish posted:

My mom has a puppy, and she sent me a picture.
I don't have a puppy, but here is Honor.

Honor is kind of blurry because Honor is a puppy, and is always moving.

Factors that make me want to return to the US is getting to meet this mini-doggo, who might be a full doggo by the time I come back.

Look at that l'il face!

xcheopis

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

What I'm saying is ties ain't that bad.

Bit of difference of opinion here.

xcheopis

lol

xcheopis

Olive! posted:

amiguana

Amiguana keep making bad puns.

xcheopis

lol but seriously I posted:

SO ANYWAY there are not many nicer feelings in this life than making your mum laugh in my qualitative experience at least

It's true. My mother had a sharp wit and getting her to laugh was wonderful.

xcheopis

Adorable

xcheopis

hamjobs posted:

BYOB has more of the attention span of like, Chicken Soup with Rice but we can definitely try a book of poetry.

They should name a good strain that and then people can say,
Toking once, toking twice
Toking chicken soup with rice

xcheopis

City of Glompton posted:

i like hot sauce but not too hot because my tummy complains. just about anything will do except tabasco

I can't eat chili peppers for this reason (and also can't taste the food) but wasabi and really hot ginger are good.

xcheopis

Bo-Pepper posted:

I didn't want to post in the short video effortpost thread because they're doing something nice in there but this is my favorite short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Ff6izcRCc

You should post there anyway!

xcheopis

phantump21 posted:

waiting for what?

You to fall asleep!

xcheopis

Farecoal posted:

i loeve my cat(s)

*boop!*

xcheopis

Jaded Burnout posted:

I was going to do a 1621 fact but it was mostly colonial genocide so p'raps not

1621 was about the start of the Tianqi Era of the Ming Dynasty but he was an idiot, so no good news there, either.

xcheopis

roomforthetuna posted:

Unfortunately SF still sucks for cycling because it's all made of super steep hills!

It's good for you. Builds character.

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

I call a meeting of the Arthropods.

No spiders allowed!

Earthworms are amazing and also detrimental to swaths of North America ecologies, which is bad. Amy Stewart's The Earth Moved is great reading. Very accessible to the lay person.

xcheopis

Luvcow posted:

this is my kind of book, looked it up and buying a copy asap. can you give us a quick synopsis of why they are detrimental in some areas? still going to get and read but you're post made me really curious.

Some types of forest require build-up of plant detritus in order to flourish. Earthworms wreck that ecology by eating the detritus and compacting the forest floor and the trees die.

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

Welcome welcome welcome!!!!

Byob please tell me about your day, I'm curious how it was!

Work was annoying and the end of the day was the monthly staff meeting, which I hate, but now I'm home eating cbd cookies and doing a puzzle in my puzzle book.

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

Byob I spent the day doing absolutely nothing while waiting for someone who then after hours came and we sat down and did absolutely nothing together. We hardly could be bothered to get up and change the music and after being too high to do anything we then proceeded with doing absolutely nothing.

This went on until a few minutes ago because he fell asleep and went to bed, now I'm questioning if this is a good lifestyle and if I shouldn't get up and go for a run or take a train to another city just to have done something today.
Someone help, I feel neither safe nor sound in this state!

I have a firm rule that nothing happens on Sunday except cuddling my cat and maybe cooking food (allowing for unusual circumstances, natch). It's been very good for both physical and mental health, so think of it that way. You took a needed break from your expectations and nothing bad happened.

e: Also, you did do something today. You hung out with a friend and had a nice time of it. Enjoy the moment.

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 25, 2019

xcheopis

On the subject of popular science books, I forgot to suggest Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation, which is loads of fun and also informative.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Tatiana's_Sex_Advice_to_All_Creation

xcheopis

Everyone should read up on John Woolman, too. Dude was awesome.

xcheopis

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Oh wow, thank you for suggesting this, Woolman is indeed an awesome dude. I forget what a minority abolitionists were for so long, it took a lot of guts to stand up against slavery while most of the country associated it with progress and religious duty.

Active in the 1770's, that makes him a vocal peer of John Adams, dang.

Really recommend The Beautiful Soul of John Woolman, as well as his diary.

xcheopis

Resting Lich Face posted:

But how do I know you're not just a machination of my unbeknownst to me psychotic brain?

Because solipsism has been out of fashion for a long time.

xcheopis

:iiam:
:yayclod:
:colbert:

xcheopis

opioid agonist posted:

well I guess you know this means war

:butt::weedass::pipe::wedass::anime::byobear:

:11tea: :bahgawd: :buddy:

xcheopis

roomforthetuna posted:

I miss these two so much in any other forum.

I can't figure out how to add them to my texts and it's important! They are necessary!

xcheopis

redm posted:

I read about this in a pyf thread I think, apparently there was a contest for a new smilie on one subforum and once the winning smilie was announced in the thread, somebody from another subforum bought the smilies command but with the wrong graphic out of spite or something like that

There's a whole thread about our smilies!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484928&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

xcheopis

roomforthetuna posted:

I just realized I can't even accurately describe what I mean when I use :colbert: but there's definitely something.
It's kind of a challenge thing, like "I know I just said a thing that's a bit controversial but I stand by it, and you're wrong if you disagree". But also slightly sarcastic. Does that sound right? I don't know!

Also, a sort of "so there!"

xcheopis

redm posted:

yea that's the one I meant (ty for posting it, I didn't feel like looking for it lol)

I left off reading it ages ago. Really should get caught up.

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

I saw a robin doing the thing where they lanf on a branch and it's swaying and they keep their head perfectly stationary as their body moves with the branch

Bastards!

xcheopis

Afternoon coffee and the micro-dose edible aren't getting along.

xcheopis

I can't eat nuts any more. gently caress the aging process; total loving j*rk!
>:c

xcheopis

Splatmaster posted:

I've found that while I can't tolerate most tree nuts, cashews thankfully seem to skirt the nut norm in that they are the tip of a fruit, so they don't quite count as nuts. Also, pine nuts, while technically a tree seed, also seem to skirt the same tree nut stigma that can set off diverticulitis, for what it's worth.

Pine nuts roasted in a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan on medium heat until they brown slightly on salads and greens and vegetables and really where ever you want is very nice.

I can't properly digest any of them any more and it pisses me right off.

Toasted pine nuts, dried cranberries, balsamic vinegar, and steamed green beans. So good.

xcheopis

Munchables posted:

If bugs don't want to be stepped on, they should carry around little briefcases and newspapers and such so we know they have business to take care of.

They should invest in those "don't tread on me" flags, with bugs instead of a snek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

I can still eat cheese (...mostly), and that's the important part. Delicious cheese!