Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Is there a Moon Knight going? I seem to remember a decent one before SW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Squizzle posted:

Banshee's been dead for roundabout a decade by now, unless smacking his corpse with something called a "death seed" has extremely counterintuitive outcomes.

Didn't he get rezzed with Daken?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

He also apparently helped them whip up the new cold open for the latest episode (about Nextwave - the cold open, not the episode).

Although I feel it would be remiss to point out that he talks about how nobody has ever timed their schemes to coincide with a big Hero vs. Hero fight, when Jeremy Briggs did that exact thing in Avengers Academy during Avengers vs. X-Men. Some days it feels like I'm the only person on the planet sad enough to remember that book existed.

I liked that books but it all got ruined by forced tie ins to event after event until nothing was left but that Arcade bullshit.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Maybe she can be in Carol's movie and tie in to cosmic stuff.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Wanderer posted:

I like how she's some kind of one-woman Avengers continuity vortex.

Also, for those who might not have heard, Disney is officially out of the first-party video game business and has shuttered Disney Interactive. Future Marvel games will likely be licensed out to third parties. We're closer to a Marvel vs. Capcom 4 than we've been for some time.

Did infinity not work or something? It seems liked infinity with marvel stuff would be a money machine.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

For reference, because Hickman never really explains it, if you start with Dark Reign: Fantastic Four you might be confused about its setup. Dark Reign comes on the tail end of a bunch of bad things that happened in the Marvel Universe, all in very quick succession: superheroes fighting each other in Civil War, Skrulls attempting (and failing) to infiltrate Earth and its superheroes via the Skrull Invasion, and the Illuminati (a secret order meant to protect earth against large-scale threats) deciding that Hulk was too much of a bother to actually address and shooting him off to space. Dark Reign: Fantastic Four is Reed, feeling guilty about all this bad poo poo happening, trying to think of a way to solve it to the satisfaction of all involved.

And Norman Osborne is running SHIELD (called HAMMER). Man, Dark Reign was a good time, even if some dumb stuff was happening too.

Toxxupation posted:

Okay found it.

bobkatt013 posted:

I read OML and I found it to be really good with amazing art. If you are reading his current book which is really good you should give it a try. If you like Morrisons New X-Men then you should give E is for Extinction a try. I read it and it was a fun miniseries/homage to Morrisons awesome run.

I'll counterpoint these two and say both are right. E for extinction is super weird and the art is terrible but if you liked Morrison's run you will probably enjoy it.. Old Man Logan starts in his universe and gets tossed around the different parts of BattleWorld. Everything about Siege and Thors is perfect and the rest just read whatever looks fun.

I wonder what the current status of the Phoenix is in MU. Did we ever see where he even got that egg?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

What's Longshot up to these days? Throw him on Exiles.

Last I remember seeing him they were firmly establishing a time loop where he's his own grandad and shatterstar is his son and father and also clone.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

War of Kings was by far the worst part of that whole era of cosmic stuff. No one comes out remotely looking good other than Xavier for killing Vulcan and sparing us from more stories with him.

Annihilation: Conquest Wraith

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh. That's pretty lame.

Not sure how you were expecting him to be killing the real Doom when we all know Goat-Doom left the universe way earlier in the run.

Everything about that event was dumb and terrible.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
What ever happened to remote controlled sociopath alternate Bruce?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TwoPair posted:

He had a great bit in the very first arc. Kang the Conqueror and Ahura Boltagon (long story) are going around in the past killing Inhumans' ancestors so in the middle of a conference, Gorgon just disappears from existence, and Beast is the only one who notices, explicitly because time travel related shenanigans are like just another day at the office when you're an X-Man (and especially for Beast, current master dumbass of loving with time). Then he deploys a little force bubble device to keep everyone in the room from being Marty McFly'd, because again, he's hosed with time enough to actually plan for countermeasures in case someone decided to kill him in the past.

Maybe Kang is young Beast.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Up until Secret Wars they were still operating as a team, but without their own book they didn't show up much.

Victor is in Vision.

He was in Avengers AI and is currently on robot drugs

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

PantsOptional posted:

Nope, she had gone through some Pym Particle Fuckery and become the Underspace, which was where the mansion was located.

E: wait. gently caress. Somehow it's both?

It wasn't her, but they thought it was. I forget who it was but it was someone else. Michael? Michael the douche who can't control his powers.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

I fukken love the Nextwave censorship skulls.

I'm pretty sure Monica did this in Ultimates and it was just as awesome.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Oh so all that nonsense in the bad x- run was an actual thing before that run? Talking about demon bear vs evil twins of people.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Can I expect a hardcover of the whole thing or do I need to grab vols 1 and 2?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Scrap Dragon posted:

Is the Whizzer alive again? Or is this some kind of legacy deal?

I thought this was alternate reality or something.

USAgent got a new body during that weird lovely dark avengers/thunderblots thing right?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Did we ever see anything about the cool nation x poo poo Hickman was referencing?

If Nation X had a phoenix egg, and Secret Wars 'never happened' where is the phoenix egg now in 616?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Rhyno posted:

They never showed Alex getting inverted back to his old self did they?

I think he and Sabertooth were explicitly not inverted back

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Maxwell Adams posted:

Part B: You can't write about characters who are from a different ethnic background than you!

Who said that?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Hmmm. Checks out.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

site posted:

What's wrong with saying that publishers should actually hire people whose lived experience is similar to those being written about and not just paying lip service for a cash grab with here's a character of color created and written by a. wyatt mann

Nothing. The poster just wanted to portray it as hypocrisy to also complain about all white teams. It was a lame troll.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Maxwell Adams posted:

If you're specifically writing about characters living mundane lives, that might make sense. For the X-Men, it makes no sense whatsoever. These characters are larger than life. These are godlike, mythological figures. Look at this gold team. Storm spent much of her life believing herself to be a Goddess. Kitty was recently a space god. Colossus was possessed, concurrently, a demon and a cosmic entity. Rachel also had a deal with a cosmic entity, which at one point escalated to the point where she was in a fight where moons were being thrown as weapons. Also, due to time travel hijinks, she is currently older than her mom. Oh, and Nightcrawler is aware of the afterlife, having spent some time in heaven.

You want a writer with relevant life experience? There's no such person. What you need is a comic book author. You need someone with so much imagination that they can write from the perspective of a sentient gas living in the rings of Saturn which is upset by the flares of retro-rockets.

This isn't what people were criticizing about the new XMen books in this thread. But if you want to write a gay character on your team book you should have some actual knowledge about gay people. it isn't all space gods and demons.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 29, 2016

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Circle of 4 had some of those characters as well so they could take it in that direction.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

Also...recent canonical events have confirmed that most of the planet would be all too happy to see folks like the Hulk dead and gone.

Even though the Hulk always used the super smart banner brain to make sure that even in his biggest rampages no one was ever accidentally injured?

:rolleyes:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

And send the inhuman royal family to the stars

Where they will fight Havok!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, I've been unfair to Slott over that. It's silly, becuase as is said, a good writer would be able to write around the difference in power levels. Though I would have loved to of seen them out on a date and like Doc Ock showing up and trying to kidnap Parker's GF only to find out she can take care of herself.

So finally read XvI, and yea wasn't bad at all. I did like how it finally answered a question that I've always wondered, what would happen if Dazzler and Black Bolt met.

quote:

Her career in the doldrums and critically savaged, Alison Blaire gets a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. She’s invited to be the first outsider to perform in the Inhumans’ home city. She arrives to find it in strife, between traditionalists outraged at her presence and her fans who – due to Attilan’s East-European Iron-curtain-esque Isolation – only really liked her old-Disco material anyway. After a disastrous, conflict-ruptured gig, the situation takes a bizarre and dangerous turn when a Celestial appears outside the city. Doing nothing. At least until, during an official ball, the classical inhuman music act is disintegrated. Others follow. Dazzler realizes that it’s here, somehow, to judge art. Her band – with Black Bolt guesting on backing vocals – don’t have to just play the gig of their lives – they have to play the gig to save everyone’s lives.

http://kierongillen.tumblr.com/post/84925044142/dazzler-big-in-attilan

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 21, 2016

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

We already have CWII's film adaptation. It was called Minority Report.

:goonsay: Minority Report happens only when there are multiple predictors and the existence of a prediction affects the following prediction.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Sentinel Red posted:

As for Doom, I'm liking it but slightly struggling to get why it took Secret Wars for Victor to finally get over himself. Didn't he already come to this conclusion in the Future Foundation when he ended up with an Infinity Gauntlet in a universe of his own and decided it wasn't for him? Perhaps I'm not recalling it correctly.

There's never a bad time to reread hickmans FF run.

God Doom loves all men but one. That's why he couldn't repair his own face. His self loathing is why the universe he crafted in his image rejected him. Reed won once and for all, fixed Doom's face which he has blamed Reed for ruining since the accident, and Doom finally let go.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 28, 2016

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

So Doom loved all the Marvel Zombies more than Reed Richards?

Reed Richards wasn't in suspended animation no one knew about (except the readers)

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Marvel is confusing as gently caress. I'll just stick with Nova/Steve Rogers/Avengers/Amazing Spidey.

What is confusing? Read Thor. All will be made clear with mead and hammers.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Jen

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

If you actually read Hulk #1 it's super clear that's not what they're doing.

Why let facts get in the way of a good poo poo post

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

hope and vaseline posted:

Yep, there's a story to it. Molecule Man basically made him his analogue in the new multiverse. When he split the Maker up into slices, he seeded each slice into the new universes the FF are creating, and each Maker has the same mission in each reality.

Whoa what book did this happen in.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

so are we just gonna ignore the lady Victor made into clothes or what

She's fine now. Thanks Reed!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Has nebula always been just like her movie version? I'm mixing her up with various other cosmic Marvel ladies in my head.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 11, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Just wait til he has to draw the new teenage girl sidekick

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I used to have that! It wasn't awful!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

JordanKai posted:

And he has a gun.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

X-O posted:

Actually Incorruptible was better than Irredeemable. The Traveler was real good too, though nobody read it.

Irredeemable is the Supermanish guy and incorruptible is his villain who gets tougher the longer he is awake right? The former had an OK start and some interesting story beats but the latter was definitely way better.

• Locked thread