Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Call of Cholula posted:

That's the real challenge mode. Can you disable mines solo for 2 rounds while ending up with 100 more kills than the next closest guy?

I get this all the time except in Heroic strikes. One guy got really butthurt when I called him out on only getting 6 kills in the taniks strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So how much dumb platforming filler does the new raid have?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mazerunner posted:

two sections but neither were challenging or time consuming. Think like... the swinging ramps at the start of king's fall. Baby poo poo.

Thank loving God.

xzzy posted:

Her sigh at the end of the Malok strike is the funniest clip in the game.

That sigh is Destiny in a nutshell.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Same. It's only extreme poopsockers that can have the dps to beat him this week.

This is a good raid that's eventually only gonna take as long as crota on a good day but that's fine because it's actually fun shoot mans and you can use an auto rifle and a shotgun and go pew pew.

Got the shotgun and all the armor but the helmet. Hard raid shader is gonna look so dope on the warlock.

So not only is there no overly complicated platforming, there's no "MUST BRING SPECIFIC WEAPONS OR YOU ARE USELESS" bullshit either? At least Destiny 1 can end on a high note.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CheeseFactory posted:

It's pretty lenient on you're choice of weapons.

Some weapons will work better on certain encounters though, obviously.

As long as it's not more Gjallarhorn/Touch of Malice/Black Spindle nonsense then it's fine. I don't want to see LFG a month from now and see nothing but "must have OP exotic or gently caress off".

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

actionjackson posted:

gently caress yessss

Remember when warlocks had cool raid armor? Those were the days...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Doc Dee posted:

I got a Treads Upon Stars today, leveled it up enough to have Triple Tap and Explosive Rounds

This gun is Cool and Good.

EDIT: It has Third Eye now, too.

Mine has crowd control and firefly. It's pretty badass.

ElNarez posted:

I think it's lovely to tell warlocks that you can wear a yoga mat as a shirt but what do I know about the future.

Only scrub tier warlocks wear that garbage. The real warlocks wear garb fit for an Iron Lord. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bob NewSCART posted:

How do I get a loving artifact

Perform noble deeds.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ohrwurm posted:

Nemesis star looks like a fat dong

It's powerful and that's all that matters.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

el B posted:

Bad platformer spotted

Bad platforming spotted you mean. Bungie needs to take some notes from Metroid Prime on how to do first person platforming properly.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Nuebot posted:

Sounds pretty rad. Shame about the raid thing though. I think I'm still struggling to get my light to 350 because I just can't really be assed to play much anymore.

You might as well just wait for Iron Banner to level up at any sort of decent rate.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Menstrual Show posted:

Dunka, Betty and I got 6-0 and fell the gently caress apart. Couple of tough teams early but it ramped right the gently caress up at 6. Lack of map knowledge crushed us.

We fought 3 teams that used a sunsinger with the skorri artifact (one of which also used Tlaloc). Can't say I think it's worth it when stormcaller / voidwalker are both so powerful right now.

We had some easy pickings but when we lost, we LOST. Still, it was fun and I got some better light level armor out of it so I can hardly complain.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So I can confirm now that Aksis is a loving garbage boss fight. gently caress that stupid empowered mechanic.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Emron posted:

What don't you like about it?

It overcomplicates everything to an unnecessary degree. I don't get why Bungie has this hard on for putting 4-5 different puzzle mechanics in one boss fight. They did the same thing with Oryx and right now it's a coin flip on who's worse between him and Aksis.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
20 strange coins followed by 11 three of coins...

The moron who was in charge of nightfall reward drops can gently caress off.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Strikes till 365.

Then exotics and factions to 370,

Then exotics and factions and raids to 385!

Then throw this game in the trash where it belongs because you're FREE

Until the 18th, when light level goes up to 400. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ularg posted:

I wish Y2 and Y3 weapons could come with Y1 sights sometimes. I still think Y1 had the best weapon sights over Y2. But of course once Bungie is done it's an insult to want to go back.

Also, is last weeks Iron Saga gear supposed to just be a non-ornament version of the Days of Iron gear? It just seemed weird to get a new set of gear that looks exactly like the gear set I got earlier on.

The Iron Saga armor is just the Days or Iron armor if you swapped out the fur for chainmail.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

So according to deej's twitter it seems like they are going to change the system for the next bounty since today sucked

Did everyone get their poo poo pushed in or something?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I think Genesis Chain is now my new favourite PvE gun. It's so good.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

EmmyOk posted:

Guys like how insanely sick was smasghing people apart with the hammer>

fake edit: Fucke yes new sword gently caress yess, yessssssssss Im so cool

Calm down. You're too hype to type. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Alteisen posted:

Knowing bungie they'll just do a blanket nerf to shotguns and make them all poo poo.

Wouldn't be the first time.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Starting up a challenge of the elders run right now if anyone wants in. Taurusoxford on PSN.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
For gently caress's sake. I'm on the part of the outbreak Prime quest where you have to enter the five digits into the charged Siva engine, and the loving thing glitches out on me and now I can't get to the next step.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Obsurveyor posted:

Glitched out how?

I put in the correct code with my other two fireteam members, but I could never confirm my code.

Edit: got it to work now with another team. Thank God warlocks are apparently in high demand for this quest line.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 16, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tei posted:

Faster OP quest:

For the stages that ask to patrol poo poo or explore poo poo => Do forge events

For medallons for raid boss kills => monitors room and siege machine and monitors room again

For Nightfall or something activity => enter osiris, lose 3 games by suiciding.

Even taking this route it may need more than 2.5 hours.

If you get stuck in a engine part, you can ask somebody that already did it to buy the engine for that part (I believe 2 of the 3 engines are available to buy in shiro).

For stage 9, theres a internet calculator:

https://2g.be/tools/siva/

Follow the instructions, first value is different for each class, last value is always 730.

OP is a very stable weapon with a DOT'ish feature that make it very good for killing adds and killing boss. Too bad you will run out of ammo if you only uses primaries for everything.

I think I may have hosed myself out of ever reasonably finishing this quest. I finished step 7 last night with LFG puppies and I was too tired to grind three raid bosses so I left the group thinking I could just get the three boss kills with any raid group and do the final number sequence by myself.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

It ain't the best looking exotic in the world but I'm comfortable saying that my warlock is, in fact, baller.

Not with that ugly raid jacket on she ain't.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mazerunner posted:

6 siva charges at once for Vosik :getin:

ahaha the clean room doors are mostly closed so you have to slide or crouch under

monitors seem much tougher and also the layout maybe looks different to me? like some of them seem really big, and can show up right behind/above vosik

390 light btw

That sounds annoying as hell. Doesn't that mean that if one person dies when the bombs drop it's basically an instant wipe?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Emron posted:

Right after you kill Meksis a walker falls right in front of the ramp.

Dear Bungie

gently caress you

Signed, Destiny "World First" raiders.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

We all died a little inside being forced to use icebreaker in y1

I stopped using it once I realized Vision of Confluence was way better for cheesing oracles.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

poor life choice posted:

Assemble your perfect iron lord armor set. Keep opening those packages using that impossibly clunky interface and infusing them at 3 a pop until you get your perfect t12 roll on everything.

Become legend.

Tier 11 is legendary enough.

Lightning Knight posted:

Buy a weapon engram from Cryptarch, get an artifact. Good game design! :downs:

I get so mad every time that loving happens.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Didn't you scrubs ever play Super Mario Bros. 3? The Warlock glide is just the Raccoon tail.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Sylphosaurus posted:

Ok, would someone just give me the lowdown on why everyone is ragging so bad on Warlock jumping and why the Titan version is so much better?

It's not better. Warlock jumping just requires different button timing to be effectively used and these scrubs just try to use warlock jump as a titan jump and die as a result.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

poor life choice posted:

Raid pulse or raid hand cannon for shanks in Aksis pt 2? They're my highest light primaries, one is getting the boot.

Can never go wrong with a full auto Hakke pulse.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I wish Twilight Garrison didn't look so ugly...and took shaders...:(

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

AAB posted:

can you infuse masks this go around or are you bound to putting your light in the shitter to look silly

You can't infuse masks.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

Why would you not do IB, it's a week long loot parade where you get to shoot bad and laggy players.

Basically everything that makes Destiny, Destiny.

It'll probably be how I get my characters up to 390+, since I don't feel like going into HM WotM just to frustrate myself with a underlevel nerf.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Awesome! posted:

twilight garrison please :(

I STILL want Obsidian Mind dammit!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

All the proof you need to show that titan jump is the worst.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Sounds like you don't own Candlelight

Skeleton keys are rare enough as it is. Don't shame a guy because he doesn't want to waste them on garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

Dear Bungie, please delete Valus Tau'arc and Dust Palace. No one ever liked those stupid bad strikes, and we still don't like the remixed versions. So stop giving a 50% chance of one of them showing up every loving time.

Find the folder those strikes are in, click on it, and press delete. Thanks.

Purge them from backups too, just in case.

Have they ever explained why they don't just have all the strikes in the playlist?

• Locked thread