Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slouch
Mar 10, 2009

its hosed up that the country elected a mentally challenged liar with a terrible personality to be president because they agree with his hard line stance on non white people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

ed balls posted:

I would smoke cigs 24/7 if they weren't really smelly and bad for you and make you feel like poo poo. Otherwise they are hella tight.
edit: I like to smoke cigs but don't :(

start vaping. it will change your life

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Brother Friendship posted:

You come across a green and verdant field filled with birds and insects of all manner. Dull skies above are obscured only by crimson clouds and a whisper of wind brings soft scents of pollen and morning dew.

An imp appears before you, his belly slick with slime, he bows and says to you:

"The Reaganite wing has been ascendant in the Democrat party since Clinton in 92. The Clinton machine has been fighting the Republican fight for over 30 years now and they let the GOP go loving bat poo poo insane. Unless the Democratic parties fundamentally changes there is going to be chaos in the ranks, perhaps even a replica of the Tea party wars of 2010 and 2012. The establishment Dems have their grip on power, but they'll find it increasingly tenuous. Consider how Bernie is now considered a cemented Democratic figure now. A failure to deliver electoral results or a suppression of grass roots activity will guarantee angst."

The imp polymorphs into a grasshopper and kicks away, soaring high above the flowers before being grasped in the talon of a red feathered bird and consumed for its precious nutrients.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

it always pisses me off when people use "health insurance" and "health care" interchangeably. fucvk

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

SpaceGoku posted:

if anyone can get away with giving americans "free poo poo" like single payer healthcare and zero tuition public university it's gonna be oprah tbh

donald could do this too. its weird that he hasnt promised this kind of poo poo because it seems like the kind of thing that would get him lots of fans. its not like his concept of a budget makes any drat sense anyway

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

hey this one happened in my neighboorhood. (dont dox me please)

burgess was really expecting for the turnout to be mostly republican pro-trump supporters. people on my local Indivisible facebook group really pushed hard to have a strong presence at this event, and it looks like it worked. burgess was dodging town halls and constituents for a while. its nice that he couldnt even pull any meaningful support in a wealthy dallas suburb

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

NNick posted:

If Alex Jones advocated transferring all defense spending to social services and science I would support him tbh

if donald stopped being racist, insane, stupid, and a serial abuser + advocated full communism id support him

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

i feel like the pepe thing was mocked a bunch when it happened but hillary was right.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

jBrereton posted:

self-fulfilling prophecy though

some idiot: "Don't use the pepe meme it's for reprobates"
*in extremely reprobatic voice* "hmmmmmmmm use the pepe meme as shorthand for opposition to hillary + her perceived values u say"

the frog memes were already heavily concentrated on the right. she drew a line in the sand over it. if not for Hillary people would be hemming and hawing about who the "real" nazis are

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

i think this should count as a big deal tbh. loving insanity

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

there really isn't a good analogue in the modern era for the level of failure this is.

Clintoncare didn't finally putter out until 94 and he got several bills before then.

i mostly mean the fact that bannon had his propaganda mill try and push the narrative of "ryancare" because he didnt like it and didnt want his fat moron president associated with it in such an absurdly transparent way

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

complaining that hillary clinton isn't being investigated by the house intelligence committee is the weakest loving bullshit of all time

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/847180239306403840

This one was retweeted by one Billson Mitchell III, esq.

has this dude ever seen the current president

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Origami Dali posted:

I don't know what this is, but somebody sent it to me, so have at it

https://twitter.com/louisemensch/status/847643677048492032

its fake.

edit: unless someone is posing as an American redhat pretending to be yuri rezmenov communicating with donal as cover for actually being a foreign agent communicating with Donald

slouch fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 31, 2017

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Rocks posted:

not to sound like a globalist cuck, but why are we so outraged at McConnell changing the rules when Reid made arguably way more changes back in 2013, or are we just happy to play party lines here.

Also, is there any way it will ever *change back* to 60 votes for all nominations incl supreme court? does the Senate have that power too?

because reid made the changes after pointlessly partisan obstruction by republicans to fill lower court roles that really needed to be filled for the justice system to function. also after a year of obstruction of supreme court by mcconell, having him talk about the importance of nominating and approving judges feels like some right old horse poo poo thats worth getting pissed about

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/NYPDTransit/status/849963610084454400

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

drat i wish i knew what the loving endgame of this one is supposed to be. like what the gently caress could the plan with this one possibly be? the obvious answer is that there is no plan but still

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

rear end cobra posted:

What does Dribret Man think of this in relation to persuasion?

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/159264981001/the-syrian-gas-attack-persuasion

"So how does a Master Persuader respond to a fake war crime?

He does it with a fake response, if he’s smart.

Watch now as the world tries to guess where Trump is moving military assets, and what he might do to respond. The longer he drags things out, the less power the story will have on the public. We’ll be wondering for weeks when those bombs will start hitting Damascus, and Trump will continue to remind us that he doesn’t talk about military options."

- Scott Adams, 9:00am this morning

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

which is worse

the trumpers saying they can't believe that trump bombed syria

or the hillaries who think she wouldn't have done the same

hillary deffo would have done the same and it would have been poo poo but at least she would have a state department working the international field before, during, and afterwards. donald just has a fat old oil billionaire and a son-in-law

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

a 1/2 of 1% dip sure looks awful bad when you scale the Y axis like that

tbh as someone who has been involved in s&p futures trading a price movement like that after-hours is kinda out of the ordinary. not crazy, but not typical either.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

"If Gov. Bentley meant to hide his affair from his wife, he did not do it well," said the impeachment report released Friday from Jack Sharman, special counsel to the House Judiciary Committee that is investigating Bentley.

"Then there were more glaring indicators (of the romance)," the report said, "many of which came from Bentley-Mason text exchanges: for example, in the spring 2014, Governor Bentley mistakenly sent to Ms. Bentley a text message that stated, 'I love you Rebekah (Mason)' and was accompanied by a red-rose emoji."

lmao

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

no no no stop trying to tell me that all this evidence i was using to make a decision is not conclusive!!! how am i supposed to be a judge if i can't trust my ouija board

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

i remember this phrase but i forget exactly what happened to cause the secret service to knock on lowtax's door

pretty sure there was a thread in lf about a "goon project" that involved dropping a heavy object on an important political figure.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

“I think our dollar is getting too strong, and partially that’s my fault because people have confidence in me. But that’s hurting—that will hurt ultimately,” he added. “Look, there’s some very good things about a strong dollar, but usually speaking the best thing about it is that it sounds good.”

-President of the United States, Donald Trump

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

eonwe posted:

translation: i have no idea why having a strong or weak dollar is good or bad, but strong sounds better

i get the feeling there was some news program talking about monetary policy and donald half-consciously picked up a tidbit about it being bad for export markets and was trying to show off how smart he is

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

lmao all of trumps dithering and constant shifting on the ACA is annoying big biz and the healthcare industry so much that even stalwart obamacare opponents like the US Chamber of Commerce are calling on him to just loving tell them what to expect for the next year so they can plan already

*snip*

i mean the letter is basically saying "wait the government is going to be giving us private businesses a shitload of money right? right???" so its less about supporting obamacare and more about supporting corporate profits.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

dems will call to negotiate what exactly? like what the gently caress is the middle ground for dismantling the aca. what exactly does donald even want to push as his agenda because i can't imagine trying to have a "negotiation" with someone who has no idea what the gently caress they are talking about

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

gimmicks are :effort: that i both admire and am puzzled at. like, think of the dedication toblerone triangle guy had to put in for like years to consistently play a batshit crazy person. i wonder if that poo poo changes you.

the secret here is that those people are not just playing at being batshit crazy. satirical / ironic gimmicks are just a way for the id to maneuver around the super-ego and justify giving into the impulses of anti-social behavior to oneself / others

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

lmao Trump is destroying EnergyStar

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-energy-star-20170412-story.html

this is the best part:

efficiency is inferior!!

its hosed up that Energy is has become politicized. like, reactionaries have gotten so defensive about climate change that they are now opposed to energy efficiency for no reason other than the fact that it reminds them of other things they dislike

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Agrajag posted:

energy efficiency is good because it saves you money. how hard is that to understand?

"it sounds like something a global warmer-ist might talk about. i dont like them and so i probably dont like this energy efficiency stuff."

its important to remember that leaded gasoline and cars that burned them didn't even start being phased out of use in the US until the mid-to-late 70s. baby boomers grew up just constantly breathing lead and they are likely all have sustained some degree of brain damage because of it

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah I don't understand the people who are super excited about uploading

it's just another form of the teleportation problem

(incidentally, Altered Carbon gets into this, everyone's consciousness is backed up and you can be reinserted into other bodies -- it's never explicitly said so that you're essentially dying every time you go through this process but it is implied)

living forever isn't the real point of the singularity, even though that's how a lot of people talk about it. being "alive" is overrated. continuity of consciousness is the goal. as long as people (or digital copies of people stored in a floppy disk) maintain their sense of identity and have some way to experience the world / interact with it in some kind of meaningful way they couldnt care less about being alive.

its like spirits of people going to heaven after they die but for atheist nerds and insane billionaires

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

"On my first day of work as the editor in chief of the New York Observer, which had been acquired five years earlier by Jared Kushner, now the son-in-law and senior adviser to President Trump, I inherited an office and a desktop computer, both in fine but used condition. The computer was a recent-model Mac, but when I turned it on, it was inexplicably running Windows. I summoned our beleaguered IT guy to explain, and he informed me that it had belonged to Kushner, who liked the design of Apple products but preferred the Windows OS.

“So he was basically using a $2,500 desktop as a monitor?” I asked. The IT guy shrugged."

i can't stop thinking about this quote

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Nichael posted:

Why are there no consequences, at the very least, for Manafort, Page, and Flynn who are legit working for foreign governments, and have admitted it like it's nothing repeatedly?

there are a lot of people who think "yeah all politicians are like that, what are you going to do about it?" and will get mad for some reason if you try to answer that question.

there are a bunch of people who think "manafort? page? flynn? they were all barely related to the campaign. trump already won get over it!" this is essentially the message the donald team is trying to push lately to dedicated red hats

and then there are a bunch of people who just cant remember names and have little interest. (for whatever reason that may be) all of this stuff just slides off their back as generic political controversy that is the same as it has always been.

Nothing Matters.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

NofrikinfuN posted:

Trump using a word like "vulgarian" doesn't pass the smell test for me.

a classic Trump story is that some new York magazine writers wanted to make fun of Donald a long time ago and thought it would be funny to call him a "short-fingered vulgarian." apparently afterwards Donald was mad enough to mail the person who wrote it pictures of his hands circled with a note that said "not so small!" so he's probably had it imprinted into his brain as a traumatic memory

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

I did a thing posted:

:hf:hf:

why are repubs letting this poo poo continue?

no on bought their bullshit a couple months ago, they are not going to be able to re-package this as "democrats fault" except among their retarded base

the publican base loves to vote dumb asses into office. see the president & past

e: a bunch of republican politicians do not believe that anybody left of reagan actually exists in their district. it's just liberal elites from cities bussing in paid protestors into town halls etc. etc. they are the "silent majority" so even when they don't hear support from anyone they are actually right and good.

slouch fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 22, 2017

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

MadJackal posted:

Moral of the story: get a queer woman of color to read off right wing talking points. Then CSPAM will take them seriously.

nah, anyone who contradicts the hive mind are branded traitors and end up being ignored. the tolerant left demands ideological assimilation. *marches lock-step through the street with a "safer space" agreement hoisted on a banner pole*

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

cumshitter posted:

lol owned

what was that graph gorka did that was basically

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
more freedom less freedom

what the heck im trying to embed an image and it just isnt working

http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Seriously.png

slouch fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 24, 2017

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Olds aren't going to watch you on the internet, oreilly

if he pays someone to put his poo poo up on facebook or whatever old people will watch it. old people love facebook

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

i'm sure this question has been asked to death but why don't his handlers/Ivanka put the bronzer over his eye area

he looks like a reverse raccoon

it makes his eyes feel itchy and I'm pretty sure he doesn't think it is that noticeable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

don't doxx me

• Locked thread