Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Despera posted:

The incompetence of Trumps lawyers is the most surprising thing in all this

Remember when a bunch of top law firms all turned down representing Trump on the Russian investigation? Like normally being asked to represent the President would be a massive coup for any firm. But Trump would be such a terrible client since he wouldn't take your advice, would shoot his mouth off and say things you tell him not to say, will blame you no matter what happens, and probably won't pay his bills. So Trump ends up with a bunch of jokers representing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Gyges posted:

If you tell your client to stop touching the hot stove, and they go and lay their hand on it while looking you in the eye, it's probably time to move on.

There've been stories for a while now about Trump's lawyers and staff repeatedly telling him to shut the gently caress up about Russia, lay off the tweets, and generally to please stop stepping on the rakes. Trump has refused and now they've got Junior and the rest of the family tossing rakes in Trump's path. After the latest New York Times impromptu interview, going off on Sessions with no understanding of the implications, and asking them about who he can and can't pardon, it's probably a real good time to go find a new client.

Yeah this is why he got turned down when he initially approached a bunch of prestigious firms to represent him.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tarezax posted:

If the University of California schools are any indication, killing affirmative action will result in the Ivies getting taken over by Asian students.

Steve Bannon is going to be so angry.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/897569112200691712

i adore these attempts by the trump aides to distance themselves from trump

this stain is never coming off

They were only following orders, man. Chill out.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

This is how John Titor's civil war starts, isn't it?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

disjoe posted:

My family a week ago: I like Trump because he tells it like it is and doesn't have a filter, unlike the mainstream media!

My family now: It's a good thing he waited to get all the facts before rushing to judgment, unlike the mainstream media!

Sorry that your family is full of racists. :(

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

evilweasel posted:

he's making sure trump doesn't actually see it

Until Fox News mentions it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Crabtree posted:

You mean walmart? A place where old/racist shits go to get their only source of food, ammo or employment in their little rat poo poo rural town? Most of their money comes from the KKK.

Based on my limited experience shopping at WalMart, theircustomers are actually pretty diverse (and much more diverse than the Target in the same town).

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

boner confessor posted:

just want to point out to the goons saying there was an implicit approval of removing the statue on the part of the police that really the police didn't see the benefit of breaking up the crowd and preventing this from happening

IIRC that was regarding the Durham Police Department. This appears to be the Sheriff's department that's doing the arresting.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah but many of them messed up by attending the Charlottesville rally, like that Fuentes dude, so now we know who they really are.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

business hammocks posted:

Here's a video from inside the Boston nazi rally featuring that insane politician who says he invented email:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9X2ZRB9GCU

I so badly want to know about his retinue, especially those weird-rear end ladies in the robes dancing around and taking hits off some kind of pipe. Crazy-eye anti-Monsanto lady seems like she has a story too.

Him reading from his phone is pretty distracting.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sexual Aluminum posted:

please tell me this is fake, like that image of T_D talking about how trump making GBS threads himself is a good thing.

I wish CNN would hire Jeffrey Lord back just to defend why Trump staring directly at the sun was a good thing.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Did he just say Asghanistan?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Black dude in the front row is not very enthusiastic in his clapping.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Glumslinger posted:

Holy gently caress, they're gonna collapse the economy and housing bubble to pay for 1%er tax cuts

Eliminating the mortgage interest deduction is actually pretty good policy, given it mostly benefits the upper middle class and above, as long as you're not just using it to pay for tax cuts for the 1%.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dietrich posted:

Owning a house makes you upper middle class now?

Also LOL if you think the GOP will angle tax cuts in any way that don't grossly favor the 1%.

The taxpayers who itemize their deductions and thus are able to take advantage of the mortgage interest deduction are overwhelmingly upper middle class and above.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

He's so drunk.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

"The words were perfect."

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah but this time he can get so much camera time acting like he's a very serious president (him making that scowling face) doing serious things which he thinks will make him look presidential. Remember to him it's all about how much positive media he can get.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So the park will be no different than the city's streets other than it's dog poop instead of human poop.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Former Goldman-Sachs executive is clearly a communist... how does that make any sense :psyduck:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

A movie about a nuclear disaster that did well enough to harm the public's opinion of the nuclear industry.

Meanwhile Erin Brokovich has led us to further roll back environmental regulations.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Well actually that's a photo of the Cleveland Cavaliers victory parade.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

skylined! posted:

right before trump signs the dream act, mueller releases his findings and impeachment proceeds.

hope is a lie.

Why would the Democrats impeach at this point? Trump's damaged the GOP and apparently they can sweet-talk Trump into doing stuff they want. A Trump presidency seems like an ideal scenario at this point.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So how did Trump get on the topic of Kaepernick yesterday in a speech that was about supporting Luther Strange for Senate?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/912482125965754369/

So are they doing well or are they in deep trouble?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sock The Great posted:

Okay, I misunderstood that a bit; thanks for the clarification. They are proposing eliminating the property tax deduction though; which would royally gently caress me as I live in CT and pay over $9,000 a year in property taxes.

Don't see how that ultimately gets through though considering the number of red districts in NY and NJ which would be adversely effected.

Yeah eliminating deductions of local and state taxes will gently caress over blue states, which is probably intentional. Red parts of blue states will just serve as collateral damage to loving over liberals.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LMAO imagine him saying this about Texas or Florida.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Is he calling his tweets this morning fake news?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

dhn posted:

He is all in today.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/914269704440737792

PR, check
NFL, check
Alabama, check

But I thought polls were fake news?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rubio visited Puerto Rico last week.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So what's the one weird trick that'll solve North Korea?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tibalt posted:

So, like, Congress still has to declare war, right? Donald Trump can't nuke NK based on the war on terror, right?

I'm sure Rand Paul will be very concerned.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Groovelord Neato posted:

it owns that right wing media made a sizable portion of the country so stupid we were susceptible to influence by a foreign power.

What explains the Bernie/Jill/Never Hillary voters on the left?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

axeil posted:

I was talking to my friend about this and she and I agreed that this whole thing is a "robbing Peter to pay Paul" situation. The issue is that while the GOP all agree on who Paul is (billionaires), they have massive disagreements on which Peters they should steal from. This is why you had 20-some GOP house members vote against this. If you're a Republican in CA, NY, NJ, etc. this budget passing is the kiss of death. You can't run on "I cut taxes" if your constituents' taxes actually went up.

It's why I'm pretty skeptical on the whole thing. I'm thinking they end up passing some really stripped down thing that just fucks the usual GOP targets (poor people) because there is no way in hell the moderate GOP members can stomach the crazy poo poo like ending state/property tax deductions, destroying 401ks, etc.

It’s funny because this tax bill is going to raise the taxes of core trump supporters - the upper middle class.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

axeil posted:

They would notice when they go to do TurboTax or their accountant or whatever and they either aren't getting a refund or their end of year liability is larger.

And they would definitely notice if their 401k contributions get capped. Destroying the 401k system is pretty much the one thing the GOP could do to make my dad and other older/white people GOP people like him vote Dem.

The 401k experiment for the general population is a failure but it at least is something. If you take that away you're going to see a lot of furious 40-60somethings who are now totally hosed.

Yeah some of these proposed ideas are not bad policy by themselves. It becomes disgusting because it's used solely as a way to give the 0.1% massive tax cuts.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cmon Donald you're recycling your insults already? You're going to have to step up your game and come up with some fresh material if you want your show to be renewed for another season.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

This is pretty much because "diversity" is a dirty word to conservatives right? Like if the visa program was called anything else, Trump wouldn't be making such a stink of it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Maybe all the Russian bots automatically unfollowed the account upon deletion and haven’t refollowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Why would these allegations stop a single Trump voter in Alabama from voting for Moore?

• Locked thread