Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I am excited to play Stormblood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Always pop Mage's Troubadour when White Hole in O4S is halfway through casting so that you petrifiy your entire party.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Mr. Leonheart posted:

Except that it's incorrect. Zenos oversaw the conquest of Doma. van Baelsar conquered Gyr Abania and served as its Viceroy until his death, at which point Zenos took over.

Zenos didn't conquer Doma (we don't actually know who was in charge of that), he put down the rebellion when they tried to free themselves while Garlemald was having their succession issues.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Hey you fancy people with plugins looking up your stats and stuff. Is there one for casual players that want to fill out the sightseeing log?

I don't know about plugins but if you go to this website and tick off every vista as you complete them (or when you've already done them) it will tell you when all the ones you still need will next be available. Only covers ARR but HW and SB don't really need something like this cause no time/weather constraints.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Fister Roboto posted:

It's still a complete mystery as to why they need to limit the number of role abilities you can have active.

Well they have to allow the people who play classes rather than jobs to have something going for them. :shrug:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Bolow posted:

There an attunement for it? I have some Crystal Tower quest I kind of shunted to the wayside to finish wrapping up all the ARR content that isn't Extreme bosses.

You have to clear the hard modes of Ifrit, Garuda and Titan then do a short quest (Primal Awakening) that Urianger gives you to unlock the first tier.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Mordiceius posted:

Remember. MAPS TONIGHT.

I haven't checked personally but I assume maps and uznair can't be done through cross server PF?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I want you all to imagine being a Bard when Straighter Shot procs, you hit Barrage and go to fire off Refulgent Arrow and then the boss goes away.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Derised posted:

Hey, has anyone had any success transferring expansion licenses between Mac and PC?

I've never tried but as far as I know there's no way to do this.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

a kitten posted:

Our house is nice and all, but it's not "portal to a mysterious out of bounds world" nice. :(

https://twitter.com/hastytouch/status/952360851398365184

Kingdom Hearts 3 is looking good.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

But they're gonna be 375?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Consider these two facts:

Alphinaud is a fantastically talented artist.
Alphinaud will never forget the sight of Y'shtola coming out of the lifestream naked.

Somewhere there is an immensely detailed picture of Y'shtola in the nude.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
edit:I completely misinterpreted what I was quoting here

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 9, 2018

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Thundarr posted:

And IIRC it's implied pretty strongly that Gaius and Livia were an item but in a less than emotionally healthy way.
In one cutscene after giving out orders, Gaius says to her, "My quarters, one hour." so I think at that point we go past implied and into outright stated.

And given how he's her surrogate/adopted father it makes me disregard everyone who tries to suggest that Gaius was the good Garlean (we all know that it's actually Regula).

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Thumbtacks posted:

Speaking of monks, what's the ideal way to use Dragon Kick, Rockbreaker, and Demolish in multitarget fights? I'm guessing I probably want Dragon Kick on basically everyone since it doesn't really get in the way of an AoE (unless I should be using Arm of the Destroyer in that form but it generally seems to do too little damage for too much TP to be worth it), but not sure about Demolish. Unless I PB I can only reliably have it on three targets but if I do that I can't Rockbreaker at all, so I'd guess the ideal application is to keep Demolish on one or two big targets and use any spare Coeurl GCDs on Rockbreaker, but that significantly cuts my AoE damage.

If you're fighting two targets use Demolish on each one after the other then Rockbreaker the third time round if you can hit both (Snap Punch one if you can't), repeat. If you're fighting three enemies or more just Rockbreaker every time cause three enemies is when Rockbreaker's total potency beats the dot. (and definitely use PB to drop 5 Rockbreakers with as many buffs as you can stack in a row).

Unsure on the exact numbers for Arm of the Destroyer but I believe at five or more enemies you're better off using Arm, below that you can maintain Dragon Kick on two enemies at a time due to the duration so put it on whichever two have the most HP when it cycles round. Obviously take into account how much TP this is going to chew through and if you'll have time to regenerate it before fighting anything else.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Thumbtacks posted:

also is Eureka going to be an actual relic (preferably armor) or is it going to be like palace of the dead style item progression? i'm finding it surprisingly difficult to actually find much information about that

From what we've been told it's going to be an actual relic, we just don't know anything about what the process will involve.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
edit: ^^^^ :hf:

In not Eureka related news, we got our first savage sigma clear.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 15, 2018

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Alder posted:

I'm ready :getin:

I kinda wanted a bunny butler though.

Wear bunny ears and the butler outfit in all other slots, bunny butler achieved.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Dwesa posted:

At least they will learn from their mistakes, I guess.

These are MMO players you're talking about here.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Jose Valasquez posted:

Wonder what this will be, I can't think of anything where it makes logical sense for SAM except maybe on that healing ability that I don't keep on my hotbar

I'm expecting it to be on their jump back ability.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Alder posted:

When does WHM get better? I'm lvl 27 and slowly losing interest.

At level 45 you get Holy and transform into a self sustaining tactical nuke.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

cheetah7071 posted:

The only bad race is lalafells imo. Please replace them all with Namazu tia

Time for people to post pictures of their Lalafells

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Kuvo posted:

this rank up quest is real good

Is this loss?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

So I ended up getting that Logictech g600 MMO mouse Can anyone offer some binding tips for it? I'm a little unsure of how to get the most out of it
I strongly recommend unbinding G-shift from the pinky button and binding it to just be ctrl, shift or whatever modifier you want. Then with the thumb pad doing a full hotbasr you can cover two entire hotbars worth of abilities with just your mouse.

The reason I recommend not using G-shift which would have the exact same effect is that I discovered that my G600 would sometimes stick in G-shift mode and would lock me out of using my normal hotbar completely (even on the keyboard) until I unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in, and I've heard of this happening to other people. I changed it to be just bound to ctrl (which meant that my keypresses were unchanged) after several wipes doing T9 way back when, and it never happened again.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Leviabeetus posted:

Rewatched the end of 3.3, cause I was pretty sure it wasn't. The eye fed us a bunch of power and disappeared. Hraesvelgr left with an empty eye socket at the end of it. Possible I missed something later on, I guess.

I distinctly remember that during the cutscene where you're flying alongside him at the end of 3.3 Hraesvelgr has both of his eyes.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Tangents posted:

Is the rathalos fight or the rewards time limited? I'd like some of the armors but I don't really want to grind it out.

It doesn't say anything on the website or patch notes, so I'm guessing no, but I'm not really sure.

Rathalos is a permanent addition to the game.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Googly eyes....?

If you stand in a few random places in Kugane the summer event sunglasses reflect a lantern in a way that looks like some googly eyes. I wouldn't go so far as to describe it as an easter egg though.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Safeword posted:

Arcanist headwear is incredible. Tell me these hats get even more ridiculous and pointy.

Pictured on a black mage but this hat is all casters

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Ytlaya posted:

Was it ever explained how they even fought Titan (or how anyone who didn't have the Echo fought primals) without getting tempered?

Human waves tactics, with some of the waves designated to fight the earlier waves that were now tempered. You meet like 5 or 6 of the company of heroes but they were basically a full size army before they fought Titan.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Ytlaya posted:

Holy poo poo, how did they get people to volunteer for the "guaranteed to die" waves? That poo poo's even worse than running out of a trench into machine-gun fire in WW1 or something.
From what I recall it was a situation where if Titan wasn't stopped there and then, the Kobolds would have wiped out Limsa and everyone would have been tempered or dead anyway, and this was an elite army with families and friends who they wanted to protect.

There is a drat good reason why the survivors put you through so much poo poo to try to persuade you not to fight Titan, they're all traumatised from when they did.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Asbel posted:

The most important part of tonight's patch isn't some new raid, or story developments, or any of that jazz, it's that new hairstyle. :allears:

It's actually the Tataru emote thanks.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Not to mention Manipulator aka the most boring end of raid tier boss ever.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Edmond Dantes posted:

I just said it in like 3 Discord servers, but I just got Empyreal Arrow and Wanderer's Minuet (which in turn unlocks Pitch Perfect) and holy poo poo, Bard just went from being fun to a strong "I just found my main" contender.

I'm starting to get procs more often when I pop the songs, Pitch Perfect feels (and looks) amazing to fire off, and Empyrean being on a cooldown of its own means I can do something besides waiting for GCD so I can heavy shot.

I know I still don't have the full kit, but I can feel the class coming together and I'm loving it.

For real Bard's current form might be the best thing to come out of Stormblood for me. Its personal damage isn't that high but its raid damage and party support actions make up for that dramatically and unlike ARR or HW the Bard stuff feels central to what you do rather than being an Archer who sometimes sings songs. I think that its entire toolset is one of the most cohesive of all the jobs (only Repelling Shot feels like chaff to me as there's nothing stopping you running to places ahead of time) and as you've noticed the Minuet phase of your rotation feels glorious (look forward to when you do your 70 opener while buffed with Spear, Battle Litany and Chain Strategem and Pitch Perfects flow like water).

The only things I would change if I could would be to make Battle Voice affect the user (its just weird that it doesn't) and get rid of the damage type debuffs from the game so that you're not permanently hoping that your melee friends will suddenly really like DRG. My real concern is that BRD's been dramatically reworked for both expansions and I'm really hoping that they don't do that again for 5.0 and instead just enhance what's already there.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
It doesn't do a cone, it does a large circle centred on the target.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

OhFunny posted:

This might be a dumb question, but do the Aetherpool weapons in POTD change color as they level up or are the different colors based on the class?

The different colours are based on your class, but once you get to a certain aetherpool level they change to a different appearance.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

homeless snail posted:

I'm just going off an interview from a month or so ago where he described the status of the next expansion as "two people in hell", which was him and a writer from the scenario team. So it sounds like its still in preproduction

I took the "in hell" quote to mean that they were the only ones for whom crunch time had started.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

SpaceDrake posted:

That outfit isn't red at all. :mad:

Blue Mage confirmed.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Ibblebibble posted:

pew pew (post your MCHs)

Well you've twisted my arm into it.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 24, 2018

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Karasu Tengu posted:

They're not wrong. Nothing I love more than completely randomly losing 300-400 dps because the game felt like I shouldn't get a crit for an entire song phase.
Statistically this is just as ridiculous an argument as the boss jumping during wildfire argument against MCH is. Even if you have a not particularly good base crit rate of 0.21 (roughly what you would have with full scaevan and nothing else) and only straight shot for crit buffs then the odds of going a full 30 seconds on a single target with 0 DoT crits are about 1/1670. Paying attention to party crit buffs for snapshotting and having a better crit set than that lowers the chances even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

orcane posted:

It's unlikely so it won't happen and can't feel bad.

Do you even play this game with the perfect RNG, Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn?

Stormgale posted:

over 8 week's (+) on O11S we've had 5 scouting pants and no healer loot. With the small sample sizes MMO's deal with statistical averages are not very useful.
There is a dramatic difference between failing to HQ crafts or not getting a specific piece of loot 11 times and having 40 dot ticks every minute of uptime each with an absolute minimum of 30% chance to crit. Over a whole fight your dots tick enough that you can apply statistical averages usefully,

Having mained Bard for 3 full savage tiers now I can guarantee that these huge runs of not getting any crits just don't happen that often, yes you have periods where you don't get many procs but you're still getting some crits in each period of time and you'll usually get a song that includes an above average amount of crits in the same fight. I benefit from having a crit comp static but even then there's still a chunk of time where it's not possible for me to snapshot any party crit buffs, but having straight shot and crit gear still gives me a decent enough rate of procs on my songs.