Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Meiteron posted:

Halicarnassus: How many layers of mechanics are you on
Brute Justice: Like, five or six, my dude
Halicarnassus: You are like a little baby
Halicarnassus: watch this

And then you have Neo Exdeath, who's list of mechanics is as follows - ALL OF THEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Jay Rust posted:

People going "ugh melee going for overkill finishers on final bosses", try it because it feels really cool

Use it at 5% then instead of 0.5%. LB1 does about 5% on average, and LB2 is around 10% on dungeon bosses. Stop Bladedancing at 0.5%.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
One thing to know about the fight, Exdeath is ExFaust. If you wipe on Neo you start at Neo again. So it's a 4:30 fight and a 12~ minute fight, not one single 20 minute fight.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

(My personal bet is that it's going to be the four symbols/beasts/guardians just cause the current endgame's all in Ala Mhigo, it would make sense for there to be a lvl 70 Othard based questline, and their imagery is present on the world map and ties with Shinryu. No real idea though.)

Seiryu gets mentioned in passing during the DRG questline in such a way that it makes me really think that yeah, our primals after Menagerie EX will be Genbu/Byakko/Seiryu/Suzaku.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Eopia posted:

I'm gonna need you to refresh my memory because I've done those quests and don't remember that at all.

It's 2 lines of dialogue during the 63 quest. When talking about legends of dragons in the area. They go out of their way to namedrop Seiryu first before going to the quest relevant stuff.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Huh i thought Golem phase would make Nael impossible until some crazy gear level.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Dying horribly to Spellblade Holy is a time honored tradition of both the first pulls and BUT MY OPENERRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

SL the Pyro posted:

>Bahamultimate Twintania auto-attacks for 25k (32k crit) on non-Tanks

Oh God.

>Twisters and stack mechanic happen at the same time

Oh God.

>Death Sentence hits for nearly 100k unmitigated and applies a Slashing debuff that makes his auto-attacks hit four times harder

Oh Go- well, no, that's just Partydad's Stormsplitter on steroids.

>Yoship says this is the only easy part

Oh God.

It looks like you go Twin > Nael > Bahamut > Oh god all 3 of them are dive bombing at once. FUN :getin:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Trasson posted:

I'm reading it as something like a Tales game, where you can issue general AI patterns and orders for your team members, but in this case your options for doing so expand as you work with your squadron.

As long as my squad healer acts like Raine instead of Estelle, i'm fine with this.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Ivalice spoilers oh man are we actually loving doing this and saying FFXIV's world is the far future of the Ivalice games?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I don't have much to say about that except that I fully expect it to backfire horribly.

Well the last time someone tried to gently caress us over in that situation they ended up cleaved in two, so... really wouldn't mind it happening to Lolorito

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

SonicRulez posted:

I thought for sure 4.1 would come with some kind of Verity sink. I wish I had something at all to do with it.

Really? Surely the Warring Triad is also pretty easy to cheese with ilevels. They were even before Stormblood.

Sephirot's color phase will still murder you if you do it wrong and the DPS to kill him before that happens still doesn't exist. Nidhogg isn't allowed to die until Fang and Claw has finished so you need to do that right. Sophia you might be able to brute force somewhat but you'll still wanna know the basics of the tilts. Haven't done Zurvan at 70 yet but I imagine you still need to do his tethers correctly too.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You have a solo duty, but you don't even get to fight the Shredder. smdh

Well I mean why would you fight Shredder, it was clear Leonardo was gonna do it from the start like pretty much every other beast tribe conclusion.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The only real thing in westwind with a full level 49 group in nq questing gear had to worry about was the Magitek missles at like 50% and 25% which was just "Hey he did the missile emote, go move like 40 yards away"

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

HiKaizer posted:

Anyone pining for giant summons that take up all the screen or have huge SFX should go do Titan Ex and have Meteor or Vermilion Scourge cast right before he does the five way landslides.

The are good reasons why the Egis are small and unobtrusive, and as to why people demanded to be able to make Demi-Bahamut smaller.

I feel like Demi-Bahamut delivers the feel of "summon thing, make stuff explode" properly. Now if we could just get some more egi glamours like Ramuh or Sephirot that we know they already have egi forms for. And maybe an option for say Demi-Alexander too.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Fister Roboto posted:

I remember when people used to throw a fit on that boss if a warrior or dark knight was tanking because paladins got a whole 5 extra seconds on their Awareness.

I'm going to call bullshit on this because this would imply pubbies know what tank cooldowns are.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Sigmascape is obviously a crossover event with Megaman to celebrate the upcoming MM11, enjoy fighting Sigma.

Every form of Sigma, 3-4 forms per turn.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

vOv posted:

Sephirot is probably the worst for it. Phase 1 you can skip most of (you just get a single puddles + double-jump), the adds are a loving joke, but phase 2 has tons of stuff that can ruin everyone's day like not spreading for Yesod or dying and not getting the tethers+colors right.

Yeah until we reach a point where you can do about 2 million damage in under 10 seconds your gonna have to know how to do Sephirot's color phase.
Nidhogg also needs you to do the claw phase right because he can't die until he leaves it and he doesn't get pushed out of it by damaging him.
Thordan will want you to kind of know the intermission and properly do the spear mechanic in p3.
Ravana is lol zerg.
Bismark is also lol zerg, except make sure to split the intermission adds.
Haven't done Sophia or Zurvan at 70 yet.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
DRK was pretty much redesigned around it's Stormblood gauge.

Naturally they give you the main users of the gauge and therefore the fun of playing the class at 68 and 70 which makes DRK feel really off when your not 70.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The CT series could really stand to have it's loot work like the HW and SB 24mans now.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Cracked Clusters are tier 6 materia, and the tier 5s are going to be trying to hit single digit success chances, so people are gonna need alot.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Yeah if there's one thing this game needs more of it's 2 different abilities that do the exact same thing, but only for a specific damage type.

Wait did I say more of? I meant less.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
If it gives like 50% of a level that'd be pretty good, but yeah gonna need something with a bit more umph if they want 70s running MSQ roulette at all.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Actually with enough skill speed shouldn't you be able to fit 5 Fell Cleaves into the IR window?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Ivalice has been dropping 330 for about 3 months now, and you've had 6 months to get 330 tome gear, and Ivalice letting you upgrade that to 340. And after the patch there will be no loot limit in Rabanastre, so getting 325 should be pretty easy.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 28, 2018

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
People can't get into CM/Prae, therefore they buy skip potion, therefore cash grab.

It's just as logical as the people who were crying cash grab for WoW's HP changes to leveling mobs so they live for 10-15 seconds instead of being 1 shot.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Four Lords stuff Hm, thought they were just gonna play this straight and give us Byakko, Genbu, Seiryu, and Suzaku as our primal fights, but Genbu being the Hell's Lid boss is a twist, and it's pretty clear our last fight will be Koryu instead.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
A perfect opportunity to practice your Stone spam!

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Thundarr posted:

Sometimes you run into people who have interesting ideas about how their job is supposed to work.

Hm i mean he's casting way more ice then he... wait... there's just FIre IV... which means he's transposing and.... oh
oh no.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The weekly quest for him says he's mistaking the voidsent signals there for a primal and is just autorunning "KILL ALL PRIMALS.exe".

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think it'd be weird to kill Omega in a Raid given he was a part of ARR and HW. Maybe you fight him, but he still gets away? I dunno.

To even reach the Omega raid you have to have finished every part of the story he was in anyways so you won't have any timey-wimey weirdness if that's what your implying.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
As someone who did both relic grinds and played FFXI endgame.

Give me a third relic grind any day.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

HenryEx posted:

OK so a couple days ago i solo'd T5 as a WAR just to see if i could, and, well, i could.

Now i try it again and keep wiping on the dread knight. I get stunned and one-shot. For the life of me, i can't remember how i got past this guy days ago when i did this first try. Anyone got tips?

You need to either burst the dreadknight dead in 2~ seconds, or burst Twin to 30% before the knight spawns. Twin's divebomb phase starts at 55%, but she takes a while to actually transition so there's time to get her pretty low there to burst her below 30% when she comes back(in fact she skips it if she's under 30% when she goes to leave, but doing that solo is still kind of hard to do).

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
O7 constantly reuses dangerous mechanics, while Kefka normal eventually reaches the final tower which does basically nothing on normal so he's just using aoe attacks that even bad groups can eventually just power through.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Too bad most of the spearfishing nodes are still like 45% useless fish 1, 45% useless fish 2, and 10% fish that you actually want.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

A level 6 FATE can spawn that has a voidsent NM and he is accompanied by 2 garms. The garms can kill the entire instance with voice of dragon if not stacked and burned down first.

And they respawn.

I'm still laughing.

Actually the garms can be prevented from spawning by killing the void portals. good luck getting the zerg to do that though.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

He has Spike Flail.

Eureka is... OK

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Reiterpallasch posted:

Stormblood characters can survive the ice hits in T9 in current gear. It's been duo'd, apparently.

The video you linked shows the exact opposite, the red mage takes a fatal 64k damage hit from the ice at the same second Nael dies. The second ice hit isn't just "BIG HIT", it's like double your max HP in damage. Nael is purely burst her down before you die if you don't have enough people to do the ice/fire mechanics.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 16, 2018

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
On the NMs and kill counts, I don't think it's an exact amount, more rather each kill has a tiny percent chance to spawn the NM. I was in for a full 3 hour session that spawned Numbers when i entered, and we when went back to spawn him again 2 hours later, he popped after a grand total of like 8 Pneumaflayers being killed. Night only enemies have a higher chance it feels (Gourmands spawn the NM in like 3-4 clears of them), and the gale weather only Typhoon Sprites spawn their NM super loving fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Tell her every story instance is basically designed around being a DPS, play them like your a DPS. Only the healer/tank class quests attempt to throw in healing/tanking responsibilities.