Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Gringostar posted:

old but dti

Operation Solomon used to be a real feel good bit of Israeli propaganda, hmmm I wonder how African Jews are doing in Israel nowadays...

(I lied, I don't wonder because I know, the Israeli govt keeps trying to sterilize them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

mcmagic posted:

"The one thing Israel doesn't like is to be surprised by an attack"

- Leon Panetta on CNN just now lol

:magemage:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i support the terrorists

lol a pro-israel contrarian, very funny now gently caress off!!!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Frosted Flake posted:

Could just be that I don't look at the worst sites on the internet, but I've only seen female IDF soldiers and civilians treated well in the footage that came out today, other than those KIA.

thats where all the bullshit and narrative building is, spoiler for pointless garbage but twitter has already said a woman killed from the music fest was a "pro palestinian german" to make ironic hay of her death - she ofc was a settler - and that the fest was somehow pro-palestinian as well, just typical reactionary red meat to get the blood flowing. the fascist whining that our liberals may be too soft but you savages have pushed us too far this time!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

speng31b posted:

ever seen an rear end with more than two cheeks?

total recall extended cut

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

V. Illych L. posted:

i think that some of the outright terror attacks (notably the one on that stupid rave and shelter shootings), while i imagine they were useful in terms of creating chaos behind the lines, were distasteful and probably not really necessary.

still, it boggles the mind that a militant organisation can put something like this together under probably the strictest surveillance regime in the world in the year of our lord 2023. hamas got really good at this poo poo at some point

syq

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
imo, war should be like a dinner party

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

"bite the bullet" like his mindless blather is some kind of sacrifice for us

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
lepers colony lookin like a list of israeli generals

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Grem posted:

:(

Actually popped over to facebook and my middle school social studies group is all about teaching how Israel is the big victims here.

And I don't even know who I can talk to in real life about this, I feel really, really isolated in my support for Palestine irl.

just know that outside the barbarous west and hindutva replyguys most of the world's peoples support palestine, and even if it feels hopeless wherever you're from there are definitely other people like you, take solace that you definitely aren't alone

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

smoobles posted:

if native americans had fighter jets in the 1600s, 9/11 wouldn't have happened

settle down mr turtledove, it's almost bed time

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

smarxist posted:

Hamas naval forces?

Hamas navy flies up over embankment, spinning Sheriff JW Pepper around and knocking all the idf soldiers down into the water

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

remember when the epoch times was pushing secret CCP police stations? it's all projection

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Tiler Kiwi posted:

if you meet Buddha at the rave, kill him

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

30.5 Days posted:

A GBS poster is walking around SA getting people's opinions for a post. He goes up to a C-SPAM poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier." The C-SPAM poster says, "what's a joke?" He goes up to a FYAD poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The FYAD poster says, "what's a tweet?" He goes up to a D&D poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The D&D poster says, "What's earlier?"

lol

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

When the U/R war started there were a bunch of questions on the r/askhistorians subreddit about hte holodomor, and the answers were always people with degrees in 13th century naval warfare or something like pirate firmarms talking about how the soviets were committing genocide citing anne applebaum.

theres a guy named after marshall zhukov on that subreddit who posted a long rear end denial of american biowarfare in korea, all based on one think tank scumbag named milt leitenburg and some secret fakeass documents vs mountains and mountains of evidence. leitenburg also wrote a book "proving" the soviets did all the '80s submarine incursions in swedish waters, which were actually US/UK wargames

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
All Quiet on the Western FUN!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

The very same people who boosted stories of Russian incinerator trucks and gormlessly bragged about donating to fascist organisations are now pontificating on the existential truth as to whether it is possible to Know if a country would drop a bunker buster on a hospital and kill five hundred people. Is that genocide? Who can say, we do not have the facts. Please remain calm. Trust in media literacy. Gazan hospital go gently caress yourself. I don't understand. I can't understand.

yeah

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Ringo Roadagain posted:

how the gently caress were they doing this 3 years after the holocaust?

Check out what Zionists thought of Holocaust survivors ...

https://www.jta.org/archive/behind-the-headlines-holocaust-restitution-deals-fail-to-engross-israeli-public-2

“Israeli survivors did not want to have anything to do with these issues,” he says. “They wanted to close the book on the Holocaust.”

Sanbar traces this attitude to survivors’ experiences just after their liberation from the death camps and arrival in the nascent Jewish state.

“They called us the sabonim,” he says — using Hebrew slang for “cowards.”

But it also sounds like the Hebrew word “sabon,” or soap, which survivors perceived as a reference to the soap the Nazis made from Jewish corpses.

With some justice, survivors arriving in Israel felt stigmatized. Israelis were creating a “new Jew,” symbolized by the suntanned kibbutznik working the fields or the fearless underground fighter.

They looked down on the passivity of European Jews, who they felt went like sheep to the slaughter.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
If I knew that it was possible to save all the [Jewish] children of Germany by transporting them to England, and only half by transferring them to the Land of Israel, I would choose the latter, for before us lies not only the numbers of these children but the historical reckoning of the people of Israel.
-- David Ben-Gurion

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Turdfuzz posted:

sorry i just couldn't tell if that guy was doing racism or making a really good joke

I don't know anything relevant about anime is trash so it's definitely racism

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Tsitsikovas posted:

Been seeing this short explainer from @AldanMarki on twitter re Yemen/Houthi, wondering if it's accurate. Seems like some in here are knowers of this.

How do you say "cash my check" in Yemeni Arabic?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

FF's "just around the house" shirt

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

FlapYoJacks posted:

This is a pro-click.

These people are Nazis.
Uh, do you have any proof?
* provides link, is probated *
What do you want us to do? NOT donate to Nazis????

and now it's "goon telephone" to remember this

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

sullat posted:

Canonically? They were locked in an ice cave from 1813 to 1955 and got so sick from missing out on the fun that they very nearly died.

so they were discovered and thawed out by the Neuschwabenland nazis in hiding after the war, got it

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

crepeface posted:

this thread moves too fast, does anyone have that link/extract/whatever about zionism's lovely attitude and policies against holocaust survivors and ashkenazi?

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Check out what Zionists thought of Holocaust survivors ...

https://www.jta.org/archive/behind-the-headlines-holocaust-restitution-deals-fail-to-engross-israeli-public-2

“Israeli survivors did not want to have anything to do with these issues,” he says. “They wanted to close the book on the Holocaust.”

Sanbar traces this attitude to survivors’ experiences just after their liberation from the death camps and arrival in the nascent Jewish state.

“They called us the sabonim,” he says — using Hebrew slang for “cowards.”

But it also sounds like the Hebrew word “sabon,” or soap, which survivors perceived as a reference to the soap the Nazis made from Jewish corpses.

With some justice, survivors arriving in Israel felt stigmatized. Israelis were creating a “new Jew,” symbolized by the suntanned kibbutznik working the fields or the fearless underground fighter.

They looked down on the passivity of European Jews, who they felt went like sheep to the slaughter.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Spergin Morlock posted:

Twitter has started marking comments like "the IDF are complete pussies" as hate speech, but posting "the eye dee eff are complete pussies" is fine. lmao

wot about IOF

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Equeen posted:

Skimmed the last pages of the D&D thread out of curiosity, and it loving suuuucks.

same and lol all the stars are out tonite

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Frosted Flake posted:

It's so strange that the only thing that would lend any amount of sympathy to Israel happened, what are the chances?

I would have a hard time supporting Israel, if only Hamas hadn't done all of these awful things Israel has been loudly insisting they have from about the evening of the 8th, at the earliest.

i enjoyed seeing 2 of the stupidest posters in that thread posting the same exact sources from the israeli govt when challenged to provide any independent confirmation of the claims.

Dr. Jerrold Coe has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Dec 7, 2023

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

he's looking at some idf dudes sleeping in their jammies

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The Voice of Labor posted:

well yeah hamas has 0 proof. muslims don't drink alcohol

we established this with the videos of the CCP forcing Uighurs to drink to pretend to be happy and celebrating

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

if Naomis you see, your browser you flee

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

ELTON JOHN posted:

i saw children of men in the cinema and let out a gasp when i saw the one guy had this hanging next to his dinner table

the excellent post-nuke/escape from new york italian knockoff 2019: After the Fall of New York (1983) has a bad guy who hangs guernica behind him too:

He's an officer in the Eurac Monarchy (Euro-Afro-Asian) who have stalemated in an apocalyptic war against the Pan American Confederacy ... the Euracs are looking for the last fertile woman on earth in a bombed out NYC, and our Snake Plissken guy has been promised clemency by the PACs if he gets her before the Euracs do. Apemen, little people, rat eaters, Mad Max road warriors and a sci-fi gloss make it more entertaining than Carpenter's film imo.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

someone needs to post that old parody at him again, you know the one

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
have we gone over the proud history of doodoo rear end in the idf? here's some more:

https://twitter.com/KlonnyPin_Gosch/status/1734280667947552832

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Dokapon Findom posted:

"Isn't so-and-so (whatever)?" is the most obnoxious style of post imo. I dunno man, maybe check the loving internet? :nallears:

i like when it's extremely specific like didn't he go on so-and-so's show and say this exact thing? and so you should either just google whatever the gently caress you're talking about or trust your own recall

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

crepeface posted:

lol seeing anyone on the forums cite snyder favourably is pretty jarring, im so used to seeing him torn to shreds in the ukraine thread

explain how utterly and obviously wrong he is in a coherent manner. But the fact you accuse Timothy Snyder of conservatism despite him writing a book fretting about a Trump-inspired fascist takeover of the US is a good illustration that you wouldn't believe me even if I could explain it sufficiently.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

has anyone seen drew pavlou ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

a few years ago one of their guys went through a video frame by frame to prove it was the palestanians faults they got killed by an israeli person

Al! posted:

robert evans (the CIA robert evans) was going full court press on combatting "misinformation" which surprise surprise just meant picking randos who were claiming wild poo poo and only on the palestinian side. no effort to combat the misinformation being put out by the government of israel however.....

he was also bullshitting during the bolivia coup

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1194094729962672128