Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Q:What happened to the cartoonist index?
A: The index was an artifact from when old poster XyloJW made the thread, and I kept it updated for the sake of new people. However, the list took a decent chunk of time to update each year, and very few people used it so it didn't solve the problem of people asking the same questions about cartoonists. You can always head to older threads, and maybe I'll throw it on a google doc so some other person with too much time can maintain it.

And here I was anticipating Zelda's entry to that hallowed hall. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I like that "They used to say that about Reagan, too." in the first panel. :allears:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

That poor military. How is it supposed to do anything if we're only going to give it pocket change? Look at that, they had to buy their warplanes second-hand! And even then that mean ol' government wanted to take what little they had for something as frivolous as healthcare for American citizens!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Skip the 2018 midterms? But haven't most polls suggested that a Democrat wave is incoming? Why would you want to miss seeing GOP reps getting kicked out of the House?

Also that man is part owl.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

[Vague Query]
[Vague Response]
[Request for Clarification]
[No Clarification Available]

The Prickly City experience in the age of Trump.

It almost makes me wish he'd go back to READY.

Oh and gently caress off Tinsley.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

The more unusual the look, the more you feel like you'd look ridiculous if you tried to do it too. :ohdear: Well, you gave it a shot.

Also that's one hell of a :troll: face in that last panel.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Page late, but

Trogdos! posted:

Speaking of Garrison's depiction of Bannon..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEtTH30Dc1g

Meanwhile this just made me think of "fired forever because of Obamacare."

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Good. gently caress fox hunting.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

I read that first sentence as "private messages" at first. :saddowns:

The more he gets riled up about people distancing themselves from sexual harassers, the more it makes me wonder if he's done something like it himself at some point.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Above the shoe and below "DNC" it says V or U 1. Anyone know that scandal?

Uranium One, when Hillary sold all our uranium to the Russians except not at all.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

#FursuitFriday ain't no secret, son.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

It looks like the containment's failing, judging by the green liquid creeping out. They're already exposed. :ohdear:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Sandpuppy posted:

Apparently, Payne has never watched a SOTU address before.

Seeing a right winger praise Zootopia really amuses me, considering the movie was about how racism/prejudice/stereotypes are bad. :v:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Ularg posted:

It's "A movie saying racism is bad got awarded, racism is over people!" isn't it?

Assuming Payne even watched it. For all I know it's just "popular movie wins award!"

Although it does have a couple scenes with :krad: vroom vrooms in it.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

I don't know football, but I am willing to bet money that Garrisson had this with the patriots as the winners, and has to hastily edit it to reflect the results. Does that guy actually look anything like an Eagles player?

He made that one last year.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

KillerQueen posted:

You're kidding, right? It's been going on for months.

Pretty sure it's been going on since the Republican primaries. He went from candidate to candidate trying to find The Good, Respectable One to be the nominee he could support, but they all fell away. Prickly City spent the time between Trump winning the nomination to election day stumping for Gary loving Johnson.

The aimless "words of wisdom oh if only we would LISTEN!" won't stop until after 2020. Maybe 2019 if Dems win back everything but the presidency.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

well yeah, they know cracka will knockout mah jamaican roosevelts if they try

You best drat be so

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

loquacius posted:

how long do you have to permanently seal yourself in an alt-right bubble to think people who want refugees to not die want "white folks to disappear" :psyduck:

Well look, each planet you control only has so many tiles to place Pops on. The more tiles you have xeno pops on, the fewer tiles you have to put your own empire's species on.

:v:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RavN1XUUurE

"If we're supposed to view all races as equal, why did we have to get rid of all the Black lawn jockeys? :smug:"? Is that what he's getting at here?

It's almost like there's a difference here, besides the jockey's race...

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
The hero we need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERCfasbNRu4

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Oh goody! Let's go be aimless and depressed (that Trump isn't using dogwhistles to put a fig leaf on all the racism, etc) while IN SPACE!

Again!

Pants Donkey posted:

They're actually doing it. Using a school shooting as an excuse to cover Trump's rear end.

I want a what-if machine to see what the reaction would have been if the FBI had detained a Trump supporter that hadn't yet murdered anyone.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

So is this blame equally distributed, or is this "every entity that had at least some influence"?

NRA and Trump, sure. NRA paid to train him. Trump made it easier to buy the guns. Not to mention fanning up Nazism in 20 loving 18.

Media... how? On reporting on other shootings? Or is this the rap musics and shooty games? Maybe if you were more specific on who and what here.

:laffo: Mental Healthcare? That thing that gets dug up every few months to deflect away from gun violence and then forgotten when it comes time to fund it?

Schools? Last I heard schools are drilling kids on how to maximize survivors in a massacre, trying to keep weapons off campus as much as they can.

Parents? What? So it's cause the kids parents didn't teach him not to murder or something?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Cruz's adoptive parents both died, setting a bad example

Very inconsiderate of them to die like that. Didn't they know they'd have the blood of children on their hands doing that?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Does Tinsley think George Washington was a Confederate?

Does Gorrell think "late term abortion" is a thing that exists?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

itskage posted:

I usually like Zelda but this is just DASGDC. (Even if true).

These Zeldas just make me want to ask if this sort of thing actually happens, this and the ones recently that were The Spontaneously Generating Male Gaze Squad, but I always worry the answer would be "actually yes."

This strip seems pretty 'poo poo that didn't happen' though, at least in the sense I don't think people that think that way would just out and phrase it like that. v:v:v

Dat rear end.
-Teddy Roosevelt

RoboRodent posted:

Late term abortion is a thing, but it's generally either someone who is just narrowly missing the window of 20 weeks rather than a woman deciding in her ninth month of pregnancy that she's not going to have a baby after all. Late term abortions are absolutely a necessary thing, because when it is actually late in the pregnancy, this is what happens when you find out in the last trimester that your baby has a fatal, incurable defect and cannot possibly survive outside the womb. These are generally wanted babies. Parents have a nursery decorated and names picked out. It is, imo, extremely important for late term abortion to stay legal. If you outlaw it, then you're sentencing women to carry their baby for a couple months knowing that it will die shortly after birth.

Huh. Hadn't thought of that angle. Most of the time around here I feel like the response to LATE TERM ABORTIONS!!! is that it's not a thing, just something right wingers made up to scare/moralmonger with. Maybe it's because the ones using the phrase generally seem to be imagining a perfectly healthy, viable, fully formed infant that the mother decides against having at the last moment.

Kind of hard not to notice that the anti-abortion pieces always show a fetus pretty far along in development, despite the preponderance of abortion laws restricting it to much earlier phases.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

side_burned posted:

I'm down, I decided the personal automobile was the enemy of human happiness years ago.

Trams for everyone!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
So does Glenn REALLY think it's "violent video games" to blame here? Or is that solely to go Yeah, yeah, sure Junior. You know soooo much about how the real world works, I'll be sure to listen to your wise words and ban guns. I'm sure that will solve the problem! :smug:

Just... god. "VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES!" It's like we're really back to 1999! Maybe we can get some old early 2000's "two college aged dudes on a couch playing video games" webcomics to talk about Jack Thompson again! :shepface:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Is this the first time the Parkland survivors have been labeled "crisis actors" so far? I feel like the party line has mostly been "they really did survive a mass shooting but they still need to shut up about gun control."

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Flying too close to the sun because some right wing pundits hold this view unironically and there are pictures of twitter racists dropping hundreds of dollars to buy out Black Panther showings so nobody can see them :lol:

Because that won't just encourage the movie theaters to keep Black Panther showing for longer. :v:

Jagged Jim posted:

Ha ha you poor fuckers thought that this school full of dead kids would be the one that finally causes any kind of meaningful change! :gbsmith:

Just remember, most kids in high school today will be voting age come 2020. The GOP isn't winning many hearts and minds here.

Trazz posted:

"Trump Derangement Syndrome" from a guy who spent 8 years drawing Obama in the same "pretentious upturned nose" style.

"Stop saying that the bad president is bad, that makes you DERANGED!" The entire conservative ideology is just gaslighting the rest of us at this point.

Criticizing Trump = Stupid Bad and Wrong is especially funny coming on the heels of polls of political scholars putting Trump in the bottom two Presidents in American history. When you're living under the administration that has the chance to displace Buchanan as worst ever, you have the right to loving attack.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Zesty posted:

Speaking of which. From today.

Does it count as ripping off Tinsley's shtick when the animals are anthropomorphized?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Billy Graham’s reign of carnage has finally come to an end.

One hell of a K-D ratio, got to admit.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

the_steve posted:

Has it been two weeks since the shooting in Florida?
Just wondering if Tinsley is going for casual sexism, or if he's going for a dig at the Never again students like Emma Gonzalez.

Two weeks this Wednesday.

This is just shameful "but I'm a NICE GUY! :qq:" stuff.

OAquinas posted:

Oh, he finally got his skul-gun.

Just in time to shuffle off to za junk pile.

Friggin' nano-augs...

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I'm the murdercrime bats.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Lodin posted:

Zeldas dad is an rear end in a top hat and soon he's gonna bang Novas rear end in a top hat mom! Just in a couple of weeks!

Oops spoiler!

Sometimes I feel like everyone in Zelda is an rear end in a top hat, they just take turns for who will be The Jerk that day.

Gunhead's really getting a lot of work lately.

Also the Parkland shooting was two weeks ago tomorrow, so if Tinsley's gonna weigh in it'll show up soon.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Most security guards are indeed just security monitors right?

There was an incident several years ago in Seattle where a 15 year old girl got knocked down and the poo poo kicked out of her right in front of some security guards while they just watched and afterwards we found out that sure enough, their contract said they would have been fired if they had gotten involved in any way.

It's also a reference to this Lifelock ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8FNVsbnwWE

Of course to listen to Trump, the subversion of democracy is all Obama's fault and they were trying to help Hillary and NO COLLUSION!!!!! but yeah I guess there was some meddling of some nature but NO COLLUSION!!!!!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Prickly City:
"Acknowledging the shittiness of Trump (and the GOP as a whole) is too depressing! Instead of aimlessly wandering through Desert and Void while saying Depressed Things like we usually do, let's ramp up the Calvin and Hobbes ripoff go visit other locations in time!"

• Here we are in 1950's USA! Oh poo poo, racism!
  • Here we are in Enlightenment Europe! Oh poo poo, bad smells! Oh no, no sanitation systems!
  • Here we are in Renaissance Europe! Oh poo, poor public health and education services!
  • Here we are in Classical Period Athens! Oh criminy, more bad smells! And goofy executions?

And that's how they felt better about Trump, by reminding themselves of what a historically recent development the sanitation movement was!

Where and when will they go next, and how bad will it smell???

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Sandpuppy posted:

I don't get this one, but I'm sure it's bad.

Evidently Stonetossguy thinks Pop Team Epic is overrated. Just like Rick & Morty.

Pop Team Epic is p good, though. imo.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
That Prickly City arc is seriously going to end with "maybe the Trump administration isn't so bad after all. I mean our toilets and showers still work!"

Christ.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Then the Hillary Bunny will show up and rant about getting back into power and the characters will all roll their eyes about how crazy she is.

Are you READY for some minionz? :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
K offee
K iss
K up

:what: