Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

spankmeister posted:

He recently started posting pictures of shirtless old men on 5G conspiracy pages to confuse and anger the boomers. It's very effective.

Lmao this is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while, exactly what I needed today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxSC3ibqwUw

Liked commented and subscribed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Timing chain only needs replacement when it fails, there's no replacement schedule. Timing belts are 100k though (that's the whole point of the chain)

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

mediaphage posted:

our "garage" is just a shed since it has a small door. i want to tear it down and replace it with something else but in the meantime its a good project space and the more tropically inclined plants enjoy it.

lol the geraniums just bloom year round now

Owns

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao PUT IT IN H

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Swatting whistleblowers is up there on that list too. Straight up tried to get him murdered by saying he made cricket death threats and was armed etc

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

refleks posted:

stop being loving weirdos

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
tremendous content today wow

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

refleks posted:

Mick Gordon has been silent for 2 years about the Doom Eternal OST fiasco, and just dropped a massiv turd on id software, including receipts for how much they hosed him.

i cant take it all in

https://medium.com/@mickgordon/my-full-statement-regarding-doom-eternal-5f98266b27ce

this explains so much. I bought the game because I'd heard the soundtrack would be even better than doom 2016

... lol. if I'd known this when I bought it I would have got a refund. like the weird jarring looping in the music is right there on the title screen even

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

There once was a Boer, very wealthy
Who did manage a takeover stealthy
He legalized jokes
and ran off all the wokes

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

born on a buy you posted:

the dude literally complained about Twitter on Twitter so much he convinced himself to spend $44b on it lmao

he probably signed the contract and waived due diligence because he saw a compilation of those "I can't believe this site is free" posts

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

MononcQc posted:

Our dub of Bart stuck in France during the exchange is even better than the original one because Bart can't get understood by the loving Parisian cops who are looking down on his Quebecois accent, so at some point he just figures out how to twist words more like the French and throws in some slang and suddenly he's able to get help.

lol that owns

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
yeah it's sterilized with gamma radiation. it's not a very good cut ime but it lasts a long time in the fridge

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

there's this blind musician on youtube that demonstrates what this poo poo is like for him by playing a sample of text read back at the speed he uses his screen reader at, which he can understand fine but to anyone who doesn't use one every day is so fast it doesn't even really sound like words anymore.

link plz

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
pesticides are pretty cool. people having food to eat is pretty neat imo

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

0. improve testing stringency to at least match canadian standards

I know a couple people who took their driving test in a small town that had no controlled intersections of any kind

maybe things have changed since the mid 90s but I doubt it. there is no shortage of terrible drivers here

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Last Chance posted:

during some bad times in my life when i was deeply unhappy id walk to work and cross this gnarly 4 way stop sign with crosswalks and when someone would start driving while i was still crossing i'd stop, turn and stare at them and force them to stop in the middle of the intersection. one time i even yelled "loving DO IT!" no one ever did, luckily.

lol that owns

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
hmm so apparently we make like 20M+ twitter api calls per month

I'm sure it's fine

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
oh wow our twitter metrics for 2023 are a ghost town. like it's less than .001% of what it was last year even. this is bleak

I don't even think anyone would notice or care if we just sunset twitter completely lmao great work elno

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1051381698682793985

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Xakura posted:

lol, musk truly has no concept

correct

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

RokosCockatrice posted:

I actually like this idea

what do you think he means by "violative speech"?

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

quiggy posted:

hey this sucks op

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

EricBauman posted:

thf to musk

why

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

cylinder deactivation's kinda wack as a concept, but they're less bad at it now, yeah. a lot of formerly old techs are good now

some mazdas have the stop-start thing that's common now, but they don't use the starter. the ECU is able to clock one of the cylinders at exact TDC when it stops it, and when you hit the gas it squirts in fuel (cause everythings direct injection now) and pops the spark to get it spinning again. basically the great great great grandson of those old motors that got started with a shotgun shell

that's really cool

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Eeyo posted:

love the scar though

mods please do the needful

it's not really funny having white supremacist dogwhistles in the title imo

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

rotor posted:

i did the other one sorry

it's ok it's also funny

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
meh, fair. no offense intended

that's kinda the nature of dogwhistles though, innit. they're intentionally ambiguous

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

thread is on point lately

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
"you wanna know how I got these cars"

thread title history would be a cool feature though, I'll start the wiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

they're both logarithmic just in opposite ways. 8 mpg to 12 mpg is a far greater improvement in total fuel usage than going from 30 mpg to 45 mpg. but in l/100 km it's the opposite, and going from 20 to 10 is much greater than 7 to 6.

lol