Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm still here if anyone cares.

Picked up a repro copy of Dragon Quest V last Christmas and only getting around to playing it now. Partly due to not having any time and partly because I've literally waited decades to play this and I'm scared it'll disappoint. Nostalgia and all but Dragon Warrior IV remains one of my favorite games of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

There are a bunch of posters in that list who I have never heard of.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Seconding The Fall. Super good.

Agreed but don't anyone bother with season 3.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Five bald men.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Didn't know Silent Hill had an aquarium.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I used to be able to beat Ninja Gaiden 2 and can still get pretty far in it if I just pick it up to play. In all fairness I had the Nintendo Power guide and it is the easiest of the original 3 imo.

The Battletoads speeder level is all muscle memory and I can do it practically in my sleep. I get wrecked in the ice caves after though. Only ever seen past that once.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I had a dream last night where Trump was exercising on a treadmill on a balcony to prove how fit he really was. He got exhausted and had to stop a few seconds in, tripped and fell off the balcony, pinballing off of other treadmills on other balconies on his way to the ground.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I took down the Christmas lights today and I'm kind of depressed so I'm just going to sit on my butt and eat M&Ms and drink beer.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Spoeank posted:

I'm taking mine down today and its gonna make me sad because I'm really happy with them this year.

Hey, sadbro :(:hf::(

I've had pretty much the same setup for the last few years but I keep adding little bits here and there. Might try to switch some things around next Christmas to make it more interesting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Taking down Christmas decorations is always depressing. For me the last day that the lights are on is January 1 and then they’re out until the day after Thanksgiving.

Yeah, we usually put ours up right after Thanksgiving. When I get around to take him down is kind of variable and depends on my mood. The year my daughter was born I don't think they came down until after the Superbowl. Newborn baby and 4 feet of snow all over the yard meant I had absolutely no time and half of them were really hard to get to.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Can it track the weight, volume, and color of my poops?

Just have a pencil and piece of paper nearby like a normal person Ms MEGADOODOO

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I got accidentally headbutted by an excited pit a week or so ago and saw stars for like 10 minutes, not entirely sure I didn't have a concussion. Their heads are hard as gently caress.

That reminds me, anyone else here see Bullet Head on Netflix? Basically a trio of robbers try to hide out in a run down warehouse and whoops, turns out there is a very large, very, very angry dog that's also hanging out there. Very low budget but thought it was pretty good for what it was.

Also I think Netflix owns John Malkovich's soul or something.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Managed to limit the amount of junk food I got for Christmas but screwed it up because Christmas candy was like 90% off and ended up bringing a bunch home anyhow.:sweatdrop:

I have no New Year's resolution but will be looking into restricting my calorie intake in the coming months. Think I'm going to start dialing back on beer. Only averaging a beer a day now and my aim is going to be to cut back on quantity in favor of quality. Maybe set aside one night where I open up a number of something nice.

This is also tricky because when my local bottle shop puts things on clearance they don't gently caress around. If the owner wants something out the door it's probably going to end up 80% off and I'm a cheap, cheap man.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ehud posted:

how is everyone here feeling emotionally

My self esteem and libido have both seen a slight uptick since I started lifting weights again. If I can't get the scale to move down I can at least be a bulky strong guy. It also means my back is feeling better and I'm sleeping better generally. Just need to make sure I ration the leftover Christmas candy and don't go too nuts.

How 'bout you?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm jealous of you dog havers. Going to be doing some dog sitting in February but we cant full-time have a dog due to my wife's allergies. It's her parents' dog we'll be looking after, and it's supposed to be hypoallergenic (spaniel/poodle mix) but she's still a little allergic.

Oh well, I'll enjoy our little bit of time with a doggo. :unsmith:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, Behind the Bastards is good.

Also, congrats. I got snipped last year. One and done, baby. What a Time to Be Alive seems like it will be hit or miss, but is listenable. Mostly.

I've been meaning to get snipped but have been putting it off because we have no idea who we'd get to help out with our 4-year-old for a couple days while I recovered. My wife's parents are both retired, but mother-in-law is still holding out hope for a second grandchild and probably would be less than enthusiastic about babysitting just because we got a surgery so her daughter and I could bang more freely and enthusiastically.

So on that note, I looked up the procedure and they say not to go around lifting heavy things for a few days. What's the recovery like? If we could get it done without having help around that'd be great. Like it seems way too simple to need multiple days of bed rest, and I'm assuming that's the case, but I don't want to leave my wife having to worry about every single thing in the house.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

It's pretty quick. The day of and into day after are the worst which isn't all that bad. Just remember to ice.

Also, don't get freaked out if after a week or so you get a lump and it starts hurting a little, it's probably your stitch. One of my stitches just fell out no problem, the other started irritating me and after a day or two I pulled it and it was fine.

Neil Armbong posted:

The #1 cause of complications is rushing back to normal.

You'll be laid out for 2 days -- doing more sitting than standing, as my doc put it -- and then just listening to your body as to what you can do. My son was immobilized in a spica cast, so I started lifting him too soon and def had pain for a couple of weeks as a result.

It's not bad, but you'll need to listen to your bod for recovery.

Thanks guys. Sounds similar to what my recovery period for hernia surgery was like.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ehud posted:

what’s the baby’s name on SA

There's nobody younger than 45 on this site hth.

Also congrats Chiche!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Then remember those hogs have the intelligence of a 3-4 year old!

Pigs will eat people if they have the chance. gently caress em' it's us vs them.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Today's high: 45

Today's low: 5

Normal-rear end climate.

Also Chiche congrats on the waste expulsion and titty sucking.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My wife went into labor halfway through the 2014 Eagles/9ers game and I'd like to think my daughter was saving me from watching the second half.

Edit: I want to say the Patriots/Chiefs game ready Alex Smith-led Chiefs completely shithoused the Pats happened later that week? I watched that in the hospital so it must've been. I will now consider this a good omen.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 20, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Scene: backyard at a barbecue.

Guy 1: "Hey, you check out these new vegan burger patties? They bleed!"

Guy 2: "What, they bleed? That's weird."

Guy in BBQ apron: *clocks spatula like shotgun* "If it bleeds, we can grill it.":clint:

Quick shot of impossible Burger logo.

Fin

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have thought of sardines but bones and eyes are gross

Look at this guy who's never had a smelt.

So I will admit I prefer the smaller ones where you can crunch up the bones instead of the bigger ones where you just have to chew the meat off. And they're really not good the next day. You eat them right after you cook them or you're probably going to have to throw them out.

I probably be more in two cans of small fish but I have no idea what to do with them. The extent of my cooking with anchovies is that I make anchovy butter to slather on swordfish on the rare occasions we have it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

In my sci fi utopian future the meat is genetically modified and controlled enough to deliver, prepare and cook itself for you.

Now imagine a cow bursting through the window of your house, crashing onto the dining room table and, after a short comedic pause, bursting into flames.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My sister found a bag of Paqui ghost pepper chips and whole they're not the spiciest thing I've ever had, I could not go through more than 1/3 of the bag in a sitting even with some queso. That's probably more due to my usual chip-eating strategy of just shoveling them in my mouth non-stop, which is not advised here.

I still have the bottom 3rd in the cabinet and it's just crumbs, yet I still can't bear to throw them out because I grew up broke and we didn't get rid of things that were still good.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Why didn't your family just take out a loan?

I felt my fist involuntary clenching.

For real though we were massively in debt at one point and it made me realize how utterly hosed up the whole credit card industry is.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

"hey boss, we got those foreskins you wanted, what do you wanna do with all these leftover dicks?"

But enough about the Bar S meat factory.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

When you bitch about literally every single miniscule loving thing for years this is bound to happen.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

You couldn't beat a guy who can't spell hamburger, please leave.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Who has two thumbs, Wednesday off, and no idea what to do surrounded by the crippling cold????

At those temperatures you may never have enough thumbs to say this again.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The only "Kamala" Harris I am voting for is Kamala the Ugandan Giant. Thank you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ehud posted:

what's everyone doing for lunch

I'm out of leftovers so I'm thinking about getting some Greek food to go. Rice bowl with lentils and falafel, dressed up with hummus, harissa, veggies, etc.

Cucumbers with hummus, a few crackers and some almonds. Going kinda light today because it's my cheat night tonight.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Officially watching the Superbowl with my father in his hospital room for the second time in three years woooo.

I guess it's not as bad as the last time since this is just a rehab facility and it's actually incredibly close to the pizza place we order from every year. Does mean no beer though, and I'm going to feel like a jerk rooting against his Pats under the circumstances. :doh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

swickles posted:

Unless you mean substance abuse rehab, I have always snuck in beer to nursing homes and such with relative ease.

Nah, not a substance abuse thing. He's got a leg wound that will not heal and he's in and out of this place all the time. Mom informed me that his room is right next to the nurse's station this time so I'm guessing it'll be a little tricky.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

maybe no beer for the guy on pain killers whose wound isn't healing

Probably a good thing he doesn't drink then.

Edit: less snarky version: I was just thinking of myself. It's not really huge deal and I think I'll just forgo it so as not to have that one extra thing to think about.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 31, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I don't care as long as he eats his weight in insects every night.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Intruder posted:

what came first the fart or the poo

These are the high level thoughts I have from time to time

seiferguy posted:

Clearly poo, because poo in the butt is what causes farts.

This conversation works so well for me because I picture you both with grey beards and white togas, gesturing dramatically in an amphitheater.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah not since story of ricky has there been a martial arts movie where so many dudes get their poo poo wrecked so majorly

That might be the best movie I saw last year. The action scenes are utterly, brutally insane.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Going to the urinal for my first pee of the day fumbling for my dick and whoops my boxers are on backwards again

Pause for a moment and consider: what if your boxers are on right but you got wrestled so hard that your dick and head are on backwards?

Directed by M. Knight Shyamalan

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

"I did that racist thing I'm sorry."

"Oh but I don't know which of those two racist things was the one I did."

"Actually, I totally didnt do that."

"But I did do a similar racist thing elsewhere!"

"So we're cool, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Saw Aquamam tonight. DC is trying to mimic Marvel's formula now and it's a bit unsteady but definitely better than most of what they've released so far. Momoa was a great choice for Aquaman. The character is kind of a joke and they really needed a gigantic hulk man to make him look credible. A credible hulk, if you will.