Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Nxt died once they brought in Kevin Steen and rushed a best hits of their indy feuds with Sami Zayn. In fact upon reflection Steen killed nxt and wwe (when he gave Vince a concision at age 80 or whatever).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

I don’t know if this is supposed to be a hot take but Steen winning the belt in a bad match and then having an endless boring feud with Balor legit killed my interest in NXT.

That is my legit personal opinion, Bailey and Sasha kept me watching past that but once their feud ended I stopped watching the tv.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Like, I really really hated the match where Sami dropped the title to Owens. Just a completely deflating feel bad match where Sami got squashed and looked like a geek after he had just scratched and clawed his way to the top to finally beat PAC and then that was his reward. Injuries and getting called up prevented him from ever getting his win back so it was just a total gently caress you to anyone who cared about him and then NXT switched immediately into their "the hottest free agent in sports entertainment is here in NXT!" era and it's all been downhill since.

100% with you bud.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

You can't just post shard and or cobiwanns fan fic like that

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lid posted:

Yeah but its RoH, AEW would have a more reputable Hall of Fame right now if they opened one.

Also I cannot find the original AJ Styles TNA plauqe image, only the parodies of it. Was going to use that to illustrate and RoH Hall of Fame but did find this.

Please check my av for that picture

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

hi i am dexter slur lumis welcome to my wedding

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

I like how to the bitter final breath they never let go of the fact this marriage is a horrible idea but it's going to happen through sheer stubborness. No matter how hard the wedding tried to fail it made it all the way to the end.

i liked when they were like "hope dexter dosent muder her with the axe he has on him"

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Critical posted:

lol what was this originally?

I'm not looking it up and going by memory its wolfmother

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat 101, not too shabby

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Wwe backstage is a unique kind of hell.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Holy gently caress the height on that

yah that was sweet

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

His old rear end would have to retire first!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

"So did you spend much time in forests as a kid, Vince?"

Lmfao

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Wwe lucked into finding three amazing comedians who were also the best wrestlers ever on top of that.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I give it all away

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cody rules

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Are you calling out Kenny Omegas trap building skills <:mad:>

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

20 years ago today this company stopped being known as the wwf

:corsair:

Get the f' out

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Seams posted:

the audience mostly did

i know i sure did shortly after lmao

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That DICK! posted:

randy orton: [driving up to his favorite local dairy queen which has a 'now closed' sign on it] there is no DQ

randy orton wife: well maybe we can go home and order tacos.

randy orton: [scrolling through grubhub] there is no bell to ring

Hell yah

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1526374397816107008?s=20&t=sbNG9cBl33ifNoXa-r0VxA

change my name to Countdown to Cody and make this my av please

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

:vince:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol facing the miz again

midcard cody then, now, forever

I don't see a count down to roman

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That DICK! posted:

PSP Dream Match of the Week - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Honky Tonk Man. Who Wins? With What Move? How Many Minutes?

Stone cold gets his rear end beat for 4 minutes then someone's music plays and distracts honky and stone cold rolls him up. He gets no offence in otherwise

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cavauro posted:

basic ssps piss me off for many years

you seem sassy tonight cav,... i like it good hustle!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That moonsault is pretty good!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Wrestling is way better than anything on american tv so let's keep anyone responsible as far away as possible.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I'm weird, which is no surprise, but I could never get into Triple H's NXT because it always just felt like the guys and wrestling I'd already seen elsewhere but in the WWE style that felt inferior, played out, and limited. It just wasn't a product I liked even if it was a cast I was familiar with and liked.

The weirder part is probably that I'm mildly curious about current NXT? I think its just that I've watched a lot of OVW along with other "teaching feds" like Chikara, CZW, Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, Paragon Pro Wrestling, etc. I've just always enjoyed that kind of product because there's something new and interesting about it to me. I don't know most of the players so even if they're green and not very good I'm just curious to watch and find out. At least for awhile.

The problem is two hours a week is way too long for that kind of product. If it were a 1 hour show I think I could maybe kind of get into the subpar "what am I gonna get this week?" vibe but I've watched a few episodes lately and at two hours not only do the episodes drag on longer than my interest can hold but it means I get the same basic people each week so the curiosity of new wrestlers burns out quickly to "that's just not someone I'm interested in watching."

I'm with you, I loved nxt until Kevin Owens showed up and it kinda started to go downhill from there. Just my already great favs pushing out the weird green wrestlers I was attached too. Two hours is too long for a low quality show too like you said its just death. It needs to be an hour or have a really good top of card IMO.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Emmas main roster debut was brutal to me an Emma fan. Just throw her out there with santino with no explanation as to why shes weird.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Kevin Owens coming to raw as champ and beating up John Cena was the peak of nxt. In kayfabe and in my heart

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dave please release your Vince bio, its time dont hold anything back.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Indy deserves better :(

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Rarity posted:

TOUT

TOUT

LET IT ALL OUT

Tout is one thing I can do without

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Barely any moves minus 4 stars

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

the 80s is when movies started to get bad again after they got really good in the 60s and 70s

When your right your right

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Emf gonna be eating good tonight

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

wait I thought he was betting on the price falling

I thought he had stock too but I am probably mistaken

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yea ok posted:

i doubt i will ever watch wwe again in a way that i’m actually invested in what happens, but if kevin dunn gets fired and theres like a full month in a row of people i trust about wrestling saying its good? i’ll give it a shot.

Yah so long as Dunn's there it's gonna be unwatchable.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I will also not watch that garbaggio even if it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Randy no but Brock is an all timer pro wrestler. Amazing matches, promos you can't look away from, and a finish that just tosses your opponent.