Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Any good playlist with similar music? poo poo is banging

no you need to be a true patriot and listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBPhIhb6E_U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PawParole posted:

this is so loving dumb

which final fantasy is this

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

I wonder where they could go

:thunk:

i mean, this is a bit of a logistical issue because they can't do 15 hour flights at 300% passenger capacity. The overloaded flights were just doing short hops to Qatar. Even if they're going to the US immediately that air bridge is going to take a very long time direct at reasonable passenger loads.

of course this all ignores that its probably not a simple logistical issue because even the democrats hate immigrants

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

is britain upset because this adds to their "wars lost in afghanistan" count?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

VideoKid posted:

They are mad because Biden isn’t pretending they are still an empire

I thought they gave up after the suez crisis

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

VideoKid posted:

they will give up. Rule Britannia!

Britons always, always, always, shall be slaves

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

those women in the second picture 100% did not know they were on camera

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

you know what britain? you can stay if you want to.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

wolfs posted:

how is a Brazilian war plane with a single propeller difficult to maintain exactly

They're turbine aircraft, but Iran should have experience with that type of turbine.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Iran clearly wants Afghanistan in its orbit and given how thoroughly dead and incompetent the arab world is they will get their wish

https://twitter.com/natsecjeff/status/1430539463730532357?s=21

i know the terrain is absurd but would a china-kabul-tehran bullet train be possible

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

loving who are these "1,000's" of Americans and where are they? They keep saying that but I haven't seen or heard from any of them on the news or internet.

For real, where the gently caress does this number keep coming from?

Clearly the 1000s of Americans that are trapped are the troops that are holding down the airport because if they left they'd be AWOL!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

the deep state has no way to intimidate Joe

they can't threaten his family, because dead family members just make him more powerful

they'll just plant some crack on hunter

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ISIS are like a villain created for a movie you need to be able to sell in every country.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I got a deal for ya, Jack. 32 counties.

i might like Biden if the reason he became President was to arm provos

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Agrajag posted:

do generals just carry around a stack of medals to hand out?

no, they’re sold at the base’s shop

yes you have to buy your medals

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

bagram had a ton of stuff left behind so I would guess the px’s stock was a low priority

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Agrajag posted:

i never knew the military that is funded to the tune of trillions of dollars is too cheap to even give away participation boo boo medal to are troops lmfao

hahaha making them buy their own medals is so unbelievably funny to me

it’s the entire uniform actually! there is extra pay specifically for buying clothes though.
https://militarybenefits.info/military-clothing-allowance-rates/

you see that difference between “initial” and “cash payment portion”? they’re paying you and then deducting for everything issued at boot camp.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

etalian posted:

The story is still funny since it's the classic case of US empire grifting overseas.

Setting up occupation forces overseas then convincing the local quisling government they need state of the art complicated US weapon systems to stay in power.

that’s also an important aspect of US military foreign aid - the money has to go to US companies. “foreign aid” is actually domestic

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Palladium posted:

but muh "we weren't serious enough that time" rhetoric

its true that we weren't serious enough about it in that we didn't invade the north, instead we invaded random other countries.

now, invading the north could've involved attacking the soviets leading to a nuclear war but are you serious or not?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mister Bates posted:

the US deliberately did not train Afghans to maintain the aircraft they supplied to the Afghan Air Force, forcing them to rely on US private contractors to keep everything running

these contractors of course all left as soon as they saw the writing on the wall

the us military needs those contractors to maintain the same equipment. a

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

etalian posted:

When your colonialism / military adventure ends in complete humiliation

The date was months in advance but everyone on the Beltway side assumed it would get cancelled / delayed

trump negotiated it in february 2020. so they had 18 months

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

why did the US even give up the Philippines after wwii, we kept guam and samoa for some reason

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

petit choux posted:

Hell yes, I haven't heard "McDuffie Act" since Sophomore year in High School or so.

:lol: I got a 5 in APUS History (:smug:) and seriously do not remember that at all. The gist I remember from high school is "the US tried to be a european imperial power with the spanish-american war but was never very good at it so gave up after getting some very unfortunate court decisions called the insular cases. also something about bird poop islands"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'm glad, freshman college electives are bullshit padding for extra tuition dollars

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Agrajag posted:

i thought military equipment is supposed to be tougher or some poo poo no?

it has to meet larger temperature ranges, g forces and so forth but that doesn’t necessarily make it tougher unless specified as such…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Weka posted:

Any hot tips for good charities for feeding afghanis?

(USER WAS PUT ON OFAC SDN LIST FOR THIS POST)