Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wolves, mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
He's having trouble finding maids that are hard-core enough.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ralph Crammed In posted:

They hate him because his dad still loves him despite being a big old gently caress up.

I think it's more that Biden refused to even say Tesla on air for the first year of his presidency and now Elon is taking it a personal insult.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Steadiman posted:

This is why you shouldn't allow mail-in voting on Twitter polls. Rigged!

It's likely that's why he's doing it via poll, isn't it? So he can step away, under investor pressure, without admitting any fault? His followers would just assume it's a rigged poll and he's just too much of an honorable man to fight the results. At least that's what he thinks in his head.

In reality they'll be digusyed by his rolling over when ubermensch Trump fought.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Outrail posted:

Musk finally fell asleep and no one wants to be the one to wake him up

He's going to be real mad when wakes up and finds out Instagram started an offensive in Africa.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wait, that's real? I thought someone superimposed his face on a thumb.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chrpno posted:

it's a J curve

Musk is just trying to do the Civilization Ghandi trick. Just make Tesla stock so low it causes an integer overflow error and corrects itself to a positive $65k

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Whenever a picture of him is posted all I can see is Paul Scheer with a spray tan

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Less Fat Luke posted:

Elon loves using Japan as an example of a dire shrinking population while ignoring the extremely obvious fact that they barely allow any immigration.

Well it's not like he'll admit that immigration is going to solve anything. He's put way too much effort into getting the right on his side.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Every time you start it? Or just the first time?

Everytime, and Noone knows how to remove the requirement when Twitter dissappears next year.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Outrail posted:

Isn't 'Every common man pony has the potential to become a wealthy captain of industry immortal god pony' literally the america dream/republican fantasy?

Yeah, but they also hate every horse that's not the same color as the one they want to gently caress most. Y'know the other half of the Republican fantasy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wouldn't that imply that Tesla stock is not virtuous?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Close it's the katana that makes its bearer make increasingly embarrassing social media posts. Same as any other katana.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ghostlight posted:

i love how many people are specifically angered about receiving chili's wings.

Doesn't beat the uproar when people found out Chuck E Cheese was selling their microwave pizza under the name Pasquale's.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It actually cost local business' money, there's like 2 Pasquale's in Buffalo and people thought that's where they were ordering from. People legit thought he was cutting corners during quarantine and didn't go back.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kingo Ligma posted:

Goons are absolutely not efficient

Sure they are, remember the one that was so busy he didn't understand why other people didn't eat their lunch while making GBS threads to save time?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That's what I feel is most likely, I think trying to back out was more a factor of how much he actually lost when Crypto crashed since he started trying to cancel the deal right after that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ratjaculation posted:

This post is my finest work, please add it to my gravestone alongside shrek's dong

Ok but to fit both you'll have to subscribe to tombstone blue. As an added benefit, we verify all tombstone blue subscribers are dead before burying them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

nine-gear crow posted:

Which is funny because I learned how scummy and disreputable both the games industry and the gaming press industry were years before gamergate from listening to James Stephanie Sterling's various horror stories about their time working at The Escapist and Destructoid and how they were blacklisted by game publishers from receiving review copies of games because they would do the unspeakable thing of voicing their honest opinion and calling bad video games bad sometimes.

So when people started screeching "This is all about ethics in video games journalism!", and I was like "Okay, so what are you going to do to help reform this cess pit?" and when the answer was "GET TURBO MAD AT AND TRY TO MURDER WOMEN!" I just laughed my rear end off.

Well it has had an effect on gaming reviews, publishers don't really need to bribe with ad space anymore. People that write for sites like IGN are loving terrified of giving high profile games bad scores anymore, anytime they did their inbox would get flooded with angry emails and death threats.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1628127415074492438

the help desk is open again

I'm sure once ~tHe AlGoRiThImS~ are open source, there will be no more whining from conservatives about being suppressed

Sounds like Elon is admitting to being a net negative to peoples Twitter.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And the pants making GBS threads was just a bad reaction to the microchips in the vaccines the Army made him take.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

hemale in pain posted:

i hate to tell you but doing anything is woke now

We are maybe 18 months out from stories about how Woke may be seeping into old folks homes and only Woke-a-way brand house paint will protect them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

goatface posted:

Nice separation failure.

Separation failure is why he bought Twitter so its on brand.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

An Elon Musk company skimps on basic infrastructure and it comes back to bite their rear end? This is unprecedented.

No, the rocket performed as expected. How were they to know the onboard AI would see a small bird and treat it like a child?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I remember seeing slap fights over how many digits your ICQ address had.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Now that Crowder is divorced, can we convince Grimes to date him for a bit and turn Musk against his Blue Checks?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Beachcomber posted:

Apparently the cultural detritus of the UK causes this kind of character to just show up fairly often. At least, Neil says he doesn't think he was ripped off.

Yeah, when asked Gaiman said you could go to any mall in England in the 90s and see 15-20 kids that look exactly like Tim/Potter when asked about it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Yeah its way too small for the current tech. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/advancements-in-prosthetics-limb-technology-allow-feeling-control-60-minutes-transcript-2023-03-26/

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pookah posted:

I think there was a study done recently that demonstrated a correlation between intelligence and success that maxed out at an income in the 80,000-ish range .

After that, it was pure, dumb luck.

These hyper rich guy are all morons who got lucky and are constantly looking for evidence that they are rich because they are special.

I think that was linking wealth to happiness, where $80-100k a year is the sweet spot where you have your bills covered and can invest in retirement.

There are the Monopoly studies where a coin flip determines which player get 3x the cash and movement and when they invariably win, every individual crediting their strategy and insight instead of the monumental benefits the initial flip gave them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JossiRossi posted:

Unfortunately they are going to target vulnerable people with disabilities if not in testing, then later when the tech gets rubberstamped by the FDA.

Just look at the people who were early adopters of systems to restore some sight to the blind. Company has stopped supporting the devices causing issues with those using them.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/bionic-eye-obsolete

Now imagine with Elly Mosk in the mix. Stans might fight for a slot, but neuralink will be looking for disabled and desperate people to be their human Guinea pigs.

It's not like the tech doesn't exist and is successfully being tested.

Numerous groups are restoring tactile sense to prosthetic devices https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/06/09/1103884757/researchers-are-developing-prosthetics-that-have-a-sense-of-touch

But this underscores the biggest problem with Musk's dumbshit futurism. He tries to focus on an end goal and work backwards, when true innovation and developments happen as side discoveries when tackling smaller goals.

Neurolink started because Musk wanted to have cyberpunk phones implanted in people's heads and someone said 'can this help circumvent damaged areas of the brain'? And they go in that direction without considering how complex it would need to be.

Meanwhile development proven to work is going to start seeing some of their funding diverted to neurolink bullshit because people are idiots.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah but not much, one theory as to why he suddenly wanted to back out of buying Twitter was that he over leveraged on crypto when the bottom fell out since he started making noise about backing out like the day after the crash.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Isn’t most gender affirming care for children just therapy telling them there’s nothing wrong with how they feel?

Yeah, when someone actually looked into the stats Walsh kept throwing out for 'teenagers getting gender affirming surgeries' like 90% were breast enhancements and most of the remainder were 18-19 year Olds.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Data Graham posted:

How much stress do you imagine trump was ever under at any given time

I imagine he pretty stressed whenever he couldn't find the gorilla channel.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Never seen a stronger proof for a quoted post.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is this why Dr. Disrespect is showing up in my news feeds? Chuds really going to bat for a guy that was banned from Twitch for filming a 12 year old boy go to the bathroom and broadcasting it on his stream?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao, just yelling at the White House account like a lunatic, like normal cool people totally do

I think his daughter being trans legitimately broke his brain: he can't stop talking about this poo poo. This really does feel like a full psychotic break.

That would require him to care about his children.

He's just pissy that Biden refused to say Tesla for the first year when speaking about EVs and Musk blames him for not making the EV tax credit Tesla exclusive.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Sounds about right for the sub;

"The Titan is the only five-person sub in the world that can reach Titanic's depth, 2.4 miles below the sea. It's also the only one with a toilet (sort of).

And yet, I couldn't help noticing how many pieces of this sub seemed improvised, with off-the-shelf components. Piloting the craft is run with a video game controller.

Pogue said, "It seems like this submersible has some elements of MacGyver jerry-riggedness. I mean, you're putting construction pipes as ballast."

CBS sent a reporter on the trip last November.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/titanic-visiting-the-most-famous-shipwreck-in-the-world/

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 19, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

goatface posted:

You don't pay for custom controls when you're running on grant money and xbox controllers already exist. All research kit is cobbled from bits.

Were they running on grant money? Oceangate is a for profit tourism expedition company.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know this Harding guy isn't in the best of shape but for a newspaper to describe him as hamish is a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

priznat posted:

My extremely limited knowledge of submersibles is that they would have an extremely failsafe ballast release and without that ballast the sub would head up to the surface pretty quickly. Seems likely there was just a catastrophic failure that doomed it before that could save them. The support ship probably has a pretty good idea of what went down because they’d be able to hear an implosion using their sonar, and if the sub was even somewhat functional they should be able to have voice communication

Tl;dr: they’re all dead

I'm sure they'll be fine, there's precedent for this kind of thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_Awaits