Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

It got an update a couple of weeks ago and is less dead than originally stated yes, https://d2foundry.gg/ was mentioned as an alternative option if it does disappear at some point.

e:
I mean, more like destiny poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

Whoever decided to put rank 7 behind 750 commendations AND put 4 loadouts behind that should be fired into the sun via a cannon. What the gently caress Bungie.

They didn't.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

RocketRaygun posted:

Strand is bad in the campaign. The aspects and fragments they give you do loving nothing.

Ditch the grapple, grab bola grenades. Get the aspect that gives you grenade energy for dealing damage and the one that gives you an orb of light when you precision kill someone suspended. Then, get the aspect that extends suspend duration.

Literally nothing is a problem after that point. Everything is trivialized. It's so good.

The Grapple is just for memes and doing random bullshit. It's not good in any content aside from stupid poo poo like grapple riding a rocket or a well skate or whatever. Bola Grenades are so absurdly strong they they make the class.

Max threadling warlock also very funny, but yeah Suspend makes Strand right now, Titans get the most of it but Warlocks aren't far behind with eating their bola grenade (when there's not enough of a power delta that you can actually get a decent murder on afterwards at least, otherwise just throw it)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Kith posted:

killed man, got emblem. only drops i got the entire run were the shotgun and the pants so my spoils vendor looked pathetic lmao

Yeah I've had only the LFR from two clears as a gun, I'm up to five of them including extra chest drops.

Was good to watch you guys get through.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

The interesting bit of that is unlike Rhulk his melee slams don't seem to affect the well, there's also apparently a bug where you can facetank his slam and melee him at the right time when he hits the ground to make him fairly passive and just follow you around occasionally poking you.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Indeed and it is great! Shame it is limited though until you clear a legendary lost sector flawless solo.

It is not, you have five classes and 6 loadout slots even if you want one for each. If you play a lot of arc/void make more for that.

Hell I made one for each and most are still just placeholders for fashion.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Two defiant battlegrounds in a row and no chest spawn either time :toot:

Did you boot the story version instead of playlist? Chest is only in playlist.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Congrats!

It's honestly the hardest PvE Content in the game. I think Duo might be the easiest way to go, because a death isn't a wipe, and you don't have the insane number of adds and ungodly Boss HP from a trio

It's bizarre that this is supposed to be comparable to Legendary Seraph Shield?

Yeah duo was comparably chill.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Brakion 2nd and 3rd phase are cheesable and first fairly chill - so I think for my legend flawless I'm mainly worried about those drat wyverns.

I think the trick'll be waiting to last second to jump in the hole and trying to lead them aside/take one out rather than just hope they don't get to line up on you in the pit

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

haveblue posted:

not true, they added and then removed the riven cookie snowglobe

It was not removed, it is still there.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

lol

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Well you kinetic sidearm wanters better have picked up Banshees Farewell today at least

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

neutral milf hotel posted:

I thought they rotate daily?

They are ye

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

please use spoilers for the new dungeon exotic

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Preservation was buns but they could've salvaged it by having the Carts be like... way way shorter. like three stops with three knowledge spikes each or something. It was just brutal having to spend so much time doing that bit

Last season's outer space mission was the closest we've ever come to having a Raid: Casual Mode since it was practically DSC sans mechanics

They could have fixed it by making it a Powerful not a Pinnacle.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Banshee has Sailspy Pitchglass for sale which is a TOP top SSS-tier weapon for this season and in general.

If anyone missed out on it from Plunder Season last year, this is absolutely worth investing your Redframe Makers in

It's an arc precision linear, and it's an exceptionally good weapon for Legend+ content. Compulsive Reloader (yes, really!) and Voltshot go together like chocolate and peanut butter to let you annihilate hordes of red and yellow bars with great burst damage potential on Champions and Bosses as well.

Charge Time won't affect the Jolt damage so don't bother with Liquid or Accelerate Coils, and definitely skip anything that increases Magazine Size since our goal is to reload after each shot

My perfect one would probably be like...

Any MW other than Charge Time
Any Barrel you want, to complement your Masterwork
Particle or Projection depending on your Barrel & MW Choices

Compulsive Reloader
Voltshot

compulsive jolt is definitely the roll but it's also a turbo niche weapon... and doubly so because jolt is broken right now and not scaling to the weapon damage so you may as well jolt them with a auto rifle and you'd do just as much.
That'll be fixed soon though... Right?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

lmao

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Correct, also Prophecy launched with an entirely different set of weapons (Being the Ikelos refresh and a couple of junk other ones (A sword I think? idk)) then got a refresh to the nine weapons later.

Also remember that Shattered Throne used to only be every third weekend :v:
(Not particularly relevant, but still funny in hind sight that they kept that bit up so long)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

People talking about Spire just on the boss but not mentioning it has one of the best jumping/traversal sections too, imo.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm just glad I learned 1k voices eventually stuns Unstoppables because blinding them seems very unreliable

It usually takes two shots though

1kV should cause an Ignition in one shot with Ember of Ashes - which is generally advised for its usage.

(and is just generally fairly neat if you don't need some of the extra healing ones etc)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh neat, I'll have to try it later. I haven't actually swapped off Striker Titan all season lmao

Yeah that does have the caveat of being on a Solar spec as well :)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

How so? Wouldn't unstoppable fusion block it from countering overloads? Or are subclass verbs exempt from being overridden? Also, the nerf hurt it against Unstop and Barrier I thought, if the artifact mod synergizes, it only makes good against unstops again.

Also the artifact mod has the fun aspect of "aim down sights and wait for the stupid thing to activate" so it's still a nerf tbh.

The overload effect is from the Stasis Slow from Chill Clip not a weapon property directly so i'd assume still applies - but also Bungie so uh, we'll see.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Oh that's why you were asking :v:

Yeah I think I've done Petra's 4 times now but the game only counted 3 of them... In theory their fall damage changes should prevent the same issue from being a forced wipe and just reduce to 1hp but a bit hard to test that kind of RNG.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I just got it on my 1st clear instead, works for me, wontfix :shrug:

Also yeah a guaranteed quest over time beats RNG with the occasional "bad luck protection" they claim.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It is my firm belief that every time they try to make an "A Well is not as useful" boss, they end up making a "bring Three Wells" boss

Rhulk.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Possibly the best example of a three wells boss!!

Can't use wells when he instantly destroys them - pity we're only allowed real raids 2-4 days per year :(

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Wait they made more of these - i should go back at some point I guess so I can understand what this year was all about!!

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh I see it just chains off each other so if you miss early you're hosed

Also lol the final boss is rough

e: Well, got 120k and Gold and won. Good Enough

We missed one jar so we missed three chests but the collector caught us up. The scoring system sucks lol

Final boss was pretty chill I felt, Wyvern was worse for damage taken/deaths.

Right now this seems to deliver on what i felt we were offered with Deep Dives being some decision making as we go not left node or right node for 10% or 10%.

Will see how much actual rotation and changes are possible over next couple of weeks - if it's just the same 4 bosses in a different order, or only one changing each week then uh... Might lower my feelings a bit but from a single run? Greatly enjoyed it.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

Dawning is definitely my favorite event. No forced mode, just do whatever you want and bake cookies for bright dust.

Plus the new weapon is a Glaive! (Albedo Wing if you want to look it up on foundry) and since it's the snowy Christmas event you know we finally get a third arc one!

lol, we're getting some purple top slot traces at least, we'll get a glaive eventually... right?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

MJeff posted:

I always wonder what would've happened if they'd taken one specific super popular seasonal activity like Menagerie and just iterated on it instead of coming up with a new activity entirely. Especially considering how many activities just wound up being Menagerie-lites anyway.

This is funnier when yeah you realise 90% of seasonal activities are classified by the game as either nightfall or menagerie.

At least Spire last season and Coil now mostly have enough enemy density to keep things interesting - a couple of the coil rooms could stand to up the spawn rate a bit though still.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

If you've done Kingsfall you can craft a legendary one too.

If you've done Kingsfall () then you can get a () one to be smug about never using for 18 months and finally pull it out when noone is watching you resort to using a hand cannon... Hypothetically.

MJeff posted:

I had to leave the thread for a while to go blind until I could run the new dungeon, I can't believe I missed two meltdowns that resulted in bans. :(

Anyway the dungeon is cool as heck.
hell yeah, new dungeon rules - and blind dungeons are good :)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

MJeff posted:

I've done all of the dungeons blind with the same team since Grasp -- this time, we had to wait like two weeks because one of us was on a honeymoon, and it was totally worth it. Stumbling around in the jail cells for like 15 minutes before we finally figured it out was probably one of my favorite moments in a decade of playing this game.

Spent far too long in those jail cells, mainly because I was obsessed with the upstairs passage and why it was there (the answer is purely for less than 3 players when all the non-corridor doors are open and that lets you over the top)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

EVGA Longoria posted:

Yeah under no cirucmstances solo Calus because it's just a fight designed to be lovely, you need 2 or 3 people, and if all 3 people dump it and some heavy he should go down.

Strongly the opposite at launch but I think they rebalanced the player number scaling at some point so yeah Legendary should be a bit easier with a trio now.

Legendary is also optional, after the first week the higher power level gear is irrelevant - can always just smash it out on normal go back later at any time if you want to challenge it again.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

MJeff posted:

I'm doing strikes to get an Auto-Loading Disorienting Grenade Empty Vessel. One of my Hero Nightfall runs took 28 minutes and getting banned is starting to seem like a decent alternative. :geno:

just make sure you get danger zone on it too.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

neutral milf hotel posted:

Huh this would explain the multiple crashes when loading into a new zone I experienced lately

https://x.com/destinybulletn/status/1767349096812339672

This sounds like someone else's problem.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

wait, is THIS what gambit has been leading to?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Steelfeather, Breach Light and Paradox not coming back is a loving crime :colbert:.

Especially with them doing the Dawn Armour set thing starting this week it's weird how absent every one of those weapons still is.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

BTW if you join an Onslaught in progress, it will only give you credit for Waves that you were present for. So even if you join in Wave 2, you'll finish the activity with 49 Waves and won't get any special loots, other than what you would get for doing Wave 10

ok that's pretty funny

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That kind of unhealthy grind is something they are very outspoken against.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Kith posted:

Surge/overcharge just muddies the waters with damage bonuses instead of doing anything interesting that could actually impact gameplay.

This is one which seems like they could solve with some text on your inventory screen somewhere on what your current bonus is - even knowing roughly what does and doesn't stack it is very easy to waste armour energy on surges/buffing armour you don't really need.

Champs have become less of an issue now we've got more and more ways to deal with them, overloads remain absolute bullshit sometimes though.