Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Liquidated one of my three bfgoons buttcoins, bought 22,000 $GOON @ $2.03 :psypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

My buddy is in for 460 @ 2.17 $GOON this morning, "huh. well, makes more sense than dogecoin"

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can someone go hype it up on wsb so we can reap the profits then

My MIL is in for 200 shares @ 2.17, pitched as "ground floor of potential new meme stock". She's buying it with her dogecoin winnings

"Convert your dogecoin winnings to a gamble where the company actually is selling a fungible product" is not the worst sales pitch

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 18, 2021

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Don't dox my fragile goon dad neck cartilage

gay picnic defence posted:

Isn’t half the rationale given for owning this stock the ‘fact’ that the device got approved for use in the EU and that meant it was pretty much a slam dunk for US approval?

Chronicles posted:

Sold 300 shares for a very small profit in preparation for OTLY on Thursday

welp, gonna dump my $GOON tomorrow morning and take my one day 10% profits, unless someone can convince me otherwise

Yeah a CE mark is roughly equivalent to the UL listed mark on the power strip your computer/tv is plugged into. It has as much medical value as the "official Hadlock `definitely, probably cures cancer 1% of the time` seal" I just invented (looking for SPAC investors, hit me up in the PMs)

Gonna keep 1 $GOON as a momento

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I'm using Robinhood as my primary but I've only been at this since GME mooned earlier this year

I tried out the SoFi app to buy some lol non-doge/bitcoins and it's pretty terrible

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah I wish I'd gotten my 4 warrants for my 20 shares of SRNG spac

I didn't know you could do after hours on fidelity, that's pretty cool

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Fireside Nut posted:

Absolutely all valid points. It’s certainly high risk/high reward

High risk, low to medium reward; at 2.25 it's priced appropriately, if slightly overvalued

High reward would be at least 2.2x return, IMO; $5/share is medium reward

R.I.P. $GOON

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

$GOON to $2.25

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

BigPaddy posted:

Even if Bitcoin was stable there is the fact that most trading in it does not happen via its wallet to wallet transaction function because it is so slow and expensive. Most exchanges just have a bunch of it in their own wallet and hold a ledger on who "owns" it. The thing that stops Bitcoin from being used on a large scale is how it can only do what 4-5 transactions per second?

This is how gold is traded, isn't it? Among many, many other places, in Dallas in the basement of some building(s) are a bunch of cubbies that hold 1-4 pallets, and very occasionally the pallets get moved from the Russia cubby to the Ecuador cubby, but in general they just keep a ledger, and the owner can take delivery if they schedule far enough in advance. I've oversimplifying it, but not by much

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Do we really not have a crypto thread after all this time, or have we just not banned discussion of it in here

Rassle posted:

I like repeating numbers. They're the mathematical equivalent of shiny objects, so I took the plunge on $GOON for 444@2.22

:glomp: this is how I overpay my bills each month

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Any thoughts on what IPOE (SoFi) is going to do long term? They just announced pretty great earnings ahead of their ticker change on 6/1

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

quote:

“The market does not have the same backstops that other more traditional markets do,” said Ryan. “In some ways the crypto markets are cleaner and their not being influenced by a buyer of last resort.”

Still, Ryan said regulation can be viewed as validation of the crypto market, and could be a positive for the digital asset.

"Crypto has no regulation, which makes it a more perfect asset. This makes it more valuable"

I forgot to check who this Ryan guy was, but I'm assuming he's the "I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens" guy with the hair from the discovery channel

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

So ONTX did a 15:1 reverse split

I had 69 shares so 9 of them disappeared into the void

I now have 4 shares

And etrade charged me $38 for a reorganization fee

Meaning I've now paid $109.76 for 4 shares @ 7.50

How much $GOON should I buy, sire

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Cacafuego posted:

Stock Trading Thread: “so it’s just gambling then?”

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Gone Fashing posted:

also michael corleone did you know that you can trade crypto with 125x leverage on binance.com?

I thought you were joking, but apparently not?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

RIP, GOON, again

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Which trading platform has the "sell everything" and then, "buy back everything I used to have, now that we're at the bottom of the dip, now that the fed is continuing to double down on growth at the expense of long term institutional investors" button

Asking for a friend

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Press conference is still going on but this is the most hawkish Fed meeting of JPow’s tenure: possible interest rates could be at .6% in 18 months and they ALSO raised interest on excess reserves and the overnight reverse repo rate, which if it sticks means they will no longer be literally and obviously printing away government debt, they will only be fairly obviously printing away government debt while maintaining the fiction that quantitative easing will ever end.

Not sure if 2021 US analysis, or mid 1980s Japanese financial news throwback

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

What are the top 3 or 4 trading platforms people are using for options, contracts etc? I keep putting quarters into the "buy actual stock" slot machine and haven't learned my lesson yet, apparently (definitely not a bubble happening :science:)

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

RCarr posted:

Why is that?

Each share is now worth about 20% less than it was two days ago? Issuing more stock to keep the lights on is not a blue ribbon business strategy, at least long term

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

MAYO FETISH posted:

still a little sore about having opened my calls on various steel tickers right before that massacre last week.

What tickers would past you have recommended, out of curiosity

CPER is still holding pretty strong

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

SOFI took a big fat dump Friday. Is their CEO best friends with Matt gaetz or what

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

No captions on that video, what is he saying?

"Stock markets don't like instability, they like stability. You get stability from tolitarian governments. Democrocies, as you have seen *smiles* are quite messy." and then you're like, oh, a pause, he's gonna realize that sounds bad, and walk it back, lol, and then no, he doubles down

SKULL.GIF posted:

They drink the blood of preteens or what?

Basically

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I'm not a plutocrat, I just close caption them on the internet

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Uranium 235 posted:

imo staying dumb is one of the keys to successful trading, but not holding positions overnight helps a lot because then it's a lot harder to get surprised by mergers, earnings, and offerings (which are usually but not always announced outside of market hours)

Sorry, new here

I literally can't tell if this is snark and sarcasm, or a legitimate strategy

Please advise :ohdear:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

america is basically two coastal mega cities with a depressing void in between,

It's gonna be hard to top the goatse comment, but, look at this guy who's obviously never driven any stretch on north-south road on the west coast outside of LA

laxbro posted:

This thread isn't like other BFC megathreads. Following the thread consensus will lose you money. Your best bet is to just read and laugh as the degeneracy or set aside a couple hundred bucks to gamble alongside everyone else.

Yeah but this is like playing Texas Hold'Em your whole life and finding out Blackjack exists. It's a whole new universe of ways to lose money

This is pretty cool, not sure if I'm going to execute, but I'd at least like to subscribe to your newsletter. Are there any additional linked resources you can point me to?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Ok options. SOFI is trading around $19.50 right now. I'm pretty familiar with this stock at this point (I guess)

One SOFI $17.50 call buy for 1/21/22 at $6.10

Basically as long as the price goes above $17.50+$6.10=$23.60, say it hits $25 in October ahead of the bank charter, I could exercise this option and make $1.40/share, or $140, right? If it hits $30 that's $6.40/share or $640

If the stock price goes down to $15 I just sell the option for $1, or just don't exercise it and eat the $610 option cost, but I'm not on the hook for buying 100 shares at the higher price. Ideally once it starts trending down below $23 I start looking at exiting my options to minimize losses

Right?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

I have pulled my gambling money out, except for the calls I have for ASPS. Had to use my gambling money to get my cousin out of a domestic abuse situation across the country.

You're a good person. I watched my close friend go through this a while back and spiral downward for a long time. Good on you for doing that

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

cr0y posted:

big good brain trader man

Wow look at the Galaxy brain on this guy

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Deviant posted:

"Ashford Trust Announces 1-For-10 Reverse Stock Split Extending Management's Commitment To Making AHT Shareholder Friendly"

"Plz sign us up for meme stock status :doge:"

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Everyones Favorite Poster posted:

snagged 150 shares @ 2.94 so expect it to drop under 2 any minute now

:same: but @ $2.88

I have a limit sell set for $3.88 on the random off chance it spikes Tuesday :shrug:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

pmchem posted:

AHT and IVR are exercises in bagholding at this point, look at their P/B, market cap, and assets / liabilities histories on macrotrends

:hmmyes:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

nuketulsa posted:

Any point in holding AHT or just eat my loss? I've already lost a lot... but I will hold forever if that's what it takes.

I mean, eventually global tourism will rebound. It could be 2 or 15 years but those hotels will start printing money again some day. The question is can you make a better return on your remaining value elsewhere in the mean time

Alternately, AHT keeps issuing more stock to stay afloat, and majority investors take ownership of their assets in bankruptcy before global travel returns, leaving you holding the bag

I sold my shares that I bought Friday for a $0.01/share profit this morning :clint:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Search the thread for $GOON

TL;DR it's the local meme stock

I bought 20 more shares this morning when it was under $2.10 because lol

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

cr0y posted:

a day trader via FINRA rules and have a day job that is my main source of income.

How much capital do you need to day trade as your main source of income and not immediately gently caress yourself financially

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

cr0y posted:

I said *not* a day trader according to FINRA, and am not sure what you mean?

I made low 5 figures in 2021 so far (thanks memes!) And my day job salary is about 5x what I made trading the memes that we all know and love. Right now I am mostly cash and am trying to figure out if I need to act and pay the IRS asap or just sock it away and wait until I file in April

I'm not a tax auditor (probably) I'm just generally curious what the magic day trader number is. Obviously it's somewhere above $25,000

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

every time i say "ah it's the beginning of the correction the market desperately needs", the following day see the markets rockets to a new record high

This is America baby

Snorts another line of cocaine

I can see foreverrrrr

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

canyoneer posted:

As a dude who is newly telecommuting boy howdy would I love to do my job from say, a house on 50 forested acres in Montana instead of the boring suburb I live in now near the office

We're actively working on a plan like this, but more like 10 acres, 50 is too much to maintain and work full time IMO

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

hbag posted:

bought some "AST SpaceMobile" since it seems to be doing what starlink's doing except doing it better

Lmaoooo

See if you can get out without taking too much of a loss

Starlink average sattelite launch cost is ~$500,000, essentially at cost, the fuel and manpower to maintain the launch facilities. Professional analysis says it costs SpaceX about $30mm to do a launch, and they launch 60 sattelites at a time.

AST is going to pay market rate to launch, minimum $1mm per unit

SpaceX is already the US government's preferred sattelite data provider and starlink has already participated in live fire exercises with the US military

I have an old box of betamax cassettes in my attic that I'll sell you for fair market value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

Because stocks only go up?

:getout: