Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arcsquad12 posted:

It may be a bit more obvious in retrospect but I like near the start of the film when Eddie hitches a ride on the tram. A kid asks why he doesn't own a car: "who needs a car when we've got the best public transit in America?"

A throwaway line that becomes the main drive for Doom's scheme.

I'm pretty sure that was also a jab at the LA county transit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It also had a Hulk's cock.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Basebf555 posted:

Looking at it closely, it seems like maybe it's meant to evoke that image but without literally being the same(i.e. I think the swastika has been left out of the one in the movie, but I can't be 100% sure with the shots I'm seeing from a GIS). So maybe a way to subtly imply that this dude must have done some pretty bad poo poo to end up as the full-time sommelier of the Continental? It makes sense that the place would be full of mass murderers and war criminals, it's a club where the members are the most effective killers in the world.

Antipartisan actions on the ostfront were probably a lot more hazardous in a world where everybody in nyc is an assassin. Suddenly stop and frisk seems like a good idea

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Inescapable Duck posted:

Oh, absolutely. Hans Landa is basically Nazi Sherlock Holmes and practically the star of the movie.

Hell I never got the impression he was even a true believer. But he had a calling in life and the party was his ticket to ride so by god he did.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Inescapable Duck posted:

Also funny that the villain of Rogue One clearly tries to have his own supervillain act, with his stand-out white science officer outfit, his own personal elite guard, custom ship and weapon, and spends most of the movie getting clowned on by everyone up to Darth Vader making a dad joke.

Seems to be a theme with that and the sequels about how a lot of fascists are just clownish power-grabbers, and that makes them no less dangerous.

I watched this movie in a drunken haze so when did this happen lmao. Cuz it sounds absolutely hilarious.

BioEnchanted posted:

Are you trying to say he was "only doing his job/following orders"? :v:

More like if you're a teacher, you're gonna teach or you're an engineer you're gonna engineer. If Landa had been tasked to find people who actually deserved it ie actual criminals he'd have been a force for good. As it was he was an amoral, pragmatic and practical villain who was chasing people who had every moral right to flee him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

jabby posted:

I don't even think he does his job for the enjoyment. I think he does it for the material rewards. I'ts not like he's clamouring to set up a detective agency in America when he makes his deal with the Basterds. He just wants a bunch of money and nice stuff.

I think that's his opportunism at play. After all the man did kill hitler. On the other hand, he was going to let the man who killed hitler get away with it. In short,

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

My Lovely Horse posted:

Which in turn might be a clue about what the movie thinks of its heroically characterized Germans.

Yeah QT (ew... worst abbreviation) had a ton of fun with it. I don't know if it's my favorite of his but it doesn't deserve the hate the nerds online give it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Krispy Wafer posted:

Tell that to a Jewish mom.

Her Jewish mom is dead.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm finishing a rewatch of Lost and in like the second to last episode, Desmond cheerfully asks Kate how she's doing in while they're in a California jail. She flip's him off in the sign language he speaks best.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pneub posted:

I dont really know Vinnie Jones from whatever, but he would've been a great Juggs if he had more to do than break his neck on some drywall.

Someone please edit this guys avatar so its the face of the guy in that famous pic of Vinnie Jones on the soccer field

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This joker seems like a real clown.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The first three movies are almost peerless adventure movies, even Temple. I love them far more than Star Wars. I have no opinion on Crystal Skull because I haven't bothered seeing it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Is that a piranha on the desk?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

"Try to picture yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six-foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly bobbing his head, and you keep still because you think his visual acuity is based on movement like T. Rex and he'll lose you if you don't move, but no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back, and that's when the attack comes, not from the front, but from the side, from the other two raptors you didn't even know were there. Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns, and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this: a six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, see? No no, he slashes at you here, or here. Or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. Point is, you are alive when they start to eat you. So, you know, try to show a little respect?"

Am I the only one who think's he should have just taken the shot at the one he was aiming at anyway. I know, self preservation. But you're pretty hosed at that point anyway.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Muldoon, aka, Mr They should all be destoryed aka Dinosaur Hitler? Yeah, sure, ok bud.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Smiling Jack posted:

He was specifically talking about the raptors, as he felt they could not safely be kept in captivity.

Sure thing Goebbels.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

He actually gets in the U-Boat.

https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/4060/how-did-indiana-jones-manage-to-follow-marion-to-the-island

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Seems like it was but whatever. He's not going to hide on a uboat though

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That's because they're worried about gas mileage

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

mostlygray posted:

They traveled above the water on diesel most of the time. There would be someone at the top of the conning tower on watch the whole time. This was set when the U-Boats still commanded the seas. Before radar. Someone on watch would have seen him for sure. Plus, they do trim dives on a schedule so that they can crash dive when they have to. Of course it's nonsense.

But, it's Indiana Jones. If it was realistic, it would be really boring.

It was also pre-war I'm 100% sure. That doesn't mean they didn't do it because, hey, practice, but if they submerged it was probably so they could sneak into the sub pen without being shadowed.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Krispy Wafer posted:

It doesn’t matter if the Arachnids shot a plasma bolt into an asteroid field to push a rock into South America (they did). It’s whether the Federation let the rock hit on purpose.

And why are Mormons the most space faring religion? Starship Troopers, the Expanse, and the OG Battlestar Galactica (Greek mythology but created by Mormons and meant to represent their flight).

Pretty sure the mormon's were huge on westward expansion. If you accept space as a frontier,

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bell jar posted:

In the plane jump scene in Deadpool 2 a small plaque can be seen before they jump, advising sky-divers to avoid trees and powerlines. Ironically, The Vanisher fails to heed these instructions as the character's actor, Brad Pitt, is illiterate, and couldn't read the sign

Haahahaha. That's the best one yet.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

...who needs jack off instructions

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

HaB posted:

I have never seen nor heard tell of a Pizza Hut version until this thread.

It's ingrained in my brain as Taco Bell because I had the (mis)fortune of actually working at Taco Bell at the time and oh god the promotional materials for months and months...

Did you meet Wesley Snipes?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

They were actually really good, hth. They weren't alone in that, I agree. But every musician I know says they're good.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I really love drug slang the world over.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think there's a good chance Marsellus is at that point actually getting breakfast for himself and Vincent as they're camped out in this apartment.

That's 100% what's happening.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

QT rubs feet consensually

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

All comedy ages like the guy who drank from the wrong grail.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He did it to make visitors feel better about themselves

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can't stop laughing at the tiny arm.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Thank god because it's backwards

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

1stGear posted:

Any episode written by Darin Morgan is insanely good. "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" is legitimately one of the best episodes ever made and almost justifies the existence of the two new seasons. Which is made more amusing by it being about begging Chris Carter to stop making X-Files episodes.

It was really good, yeah.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Parks and recreation tulip planter

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

marshmallow creep posted:

Is Titan so hosed up because all the guys who were as bad rear end as him fought each other barehanded to the death or something and it was like 10 billion Hulks going berserk?

Now that's a movie I'd like to see

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He killed off the plant life so there wasn't even extra corn

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

Movie Thanos is a really dumb guy from your Philosophy class.

I'm Thanos?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cleretic posted:

The other was A Clockwork Orange, and the author of that only agreed years later that the movie had a better ending.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true actually. It's possible he changed his mind though

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Should have them using the +15s to move around. Growing food in the devonian gardens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I don't know. I don't live there. I do have a thing for urban development though especially parks and stuff and that's how I first heard of them. I think they did though.