Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Rage posted:

Yeah he got re-released at $199, even preorders I think we're like $189 if you got them early.

edit: He's in stock with free shipping over at Toy Dojo

http://www.toydojo.com/masterpiece-mp-11-coronation-starscream/

Has anyone just released a crown/cape pack? I own a MP Starscream, but after looking at those pics, I need him crowned and caped up. Preferably cloth cape tho, that plastic one looks like butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SpikeMcclane posted:

http://www.etonline.com/movies/147057_hasbro_transformers_knights_of_unicron_action_figures_comic_con_preview/index.html I have a mighty need of this.

Also, I found out round trip bus fare in october is only $30 (and a lifetime stuck on a bus). That's kind of tempting.

Oh lordy, I missed comicon the year they did the exclusive Metroplex, but I'm probably going to go this year... drat. 200 bucks is pretty nuts tho.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It would be bitchin' if it was the 86 soundtrack. INSTRUMENTS OF DESTRUCTION :black101: :grimlock101:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It was the only transformers comic I had ever owned for the longest time when I was a kid and I always wanted someone to make a scrounge toy, even if his alt mode was lame as hell.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

War Within's art was usually really good. I still like War Within Optimus's design the best(not the Titanium version, though...), isn't that where the shoulder-wheels originated?

But then you have Pat Lee's art.

Dammit, I was going to make a "Don and his customs owned before Pat Lee ever wet farted out a dream of transforming robots" post but then the topic got me to cruise around the tfwiki and Pat Lee's twitter and I just felt incredibly sad and embarrassed and not just for Pat Lee and Walky (why the gently caress do I even know that guy's screen name) but transformers fandom, maybe even internet fandom itself, as a whole. Good lord, even the nostalgic bickering about nostalgia is stale. How many years removed away from g1munky and pat lee is the devil poo poo are we away from and we're still making these references?

That being said, I really loving want that mp star saber. I'd suffer a hundred years of ghost drawn Pat Lee transformer comics for one of those bad boys (so I can pose it in sexually compromising positions with its own head [heads?])

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Scrounge is Morph.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Growing up, I always thought the eyes were the vents on the forehead of the autobot symbol.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

i regret not buying two metroplexes, especially after the Takara designer showed how to make a more G1 looking city mode with a few minor gun position alterations.

I wish I had a second big red gun. Because he turned the fist gun arm into a proper tower and they dressed it up with the Combiner Wars guys so it looked the way it was displayed in the 1986 catalogue.

Pics?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

I would crack a joke about police brutality or something but it's early in the morning and my brain isn't working yet.

I never did post TFCon haul pics. So instead I'll post my MP shelves which have the entire of my haul on them. (Star Saber, Chromedome, Insecticons)

My god man, buy a poster frame.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Knormal posted:

You want to talk knockoff CW Megatrons? How about one that even transforms by itself!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Movie's dropped the ball with Devastator already, but news of MP combiners negates that. I also can't wait to see more pics of that Trypticon.

Also, they need to remake these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQn7XgrcT9o

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Heno bozo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

Barricade also has a pile of gold on him. Knuckledusters and some random belt thing too.

One of my favorite background details was when the DHS TRF agents are talking about Barricade, he had what appears to be a mugshot taken at some point lol.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Fsmhunk posted:

Ah, back to the Transformers movies are only ironically disgusting argument again. Even if it was true it would make him a huge loving weirdo for putting that stuff in a kids movie.

Joe Dante put a story about a woman finding her dead father dressed as Santa Claus in her chimney in his children's movie (Gremlins is PG).

Kids need to stop being pussies at some point.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfmR4rEeHU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If you're looking for a good Cy-kill, get the SalMoore one. It's about the same price on BBTS and looks pretty fantastic.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Keldroc posted:

Some guy put together a definitive (?) scale chart for all the Japanese-only G1 series.

Black Zarak and Skorponok weren't the same guy and were two different sized characters in the Japanese series? I never knew that.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Doesn't one of them literally have the hip hop name across the knuckles rings?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

It was pretty unbelievable back then too, given how characters like Rampage and Depth Charge looked better then their toys on the show.

I remember when I had my original one displayed, I'd keep a marble in the cockpit to simulate him carrying Optimus' (I think?) spark.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Phy posted:

Loving his little toesies sticking out the front of his boots

e: should I say "his" or "His" here?

If they're open toed, wouldn't they be considered sandals?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They should've added rails to the side of the power loader cube that way if you have two, the other one can pick up the box one with it's forklift arms.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Please tell me there was also a meerkat beast wars transformer at some point.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Buy those background plates and cover your entire cubicle wall with them. Then start kit bashing little gears, tubes, and grates onto your filing shelves and turn your entire desktop into a little cybertron city.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Actually this is cool and good?

Cog: "Optimus, want me to transform into some armor and guns for your fight with Megatron?"

Prime: "Nah. I'll just grab his arms while you beat the poo poo out of him."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rhyno posted:

They spin it in the video, it's a total sphere.

Edit: Now I can just toss my two junkers in the garage sale pile.

how much of a planet back pack does the robot version have?

Either way, that's a hell of a Unicron.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Phy posted:

I think this is where Rufus is coming from with the Marvel-face stuff - particularly the pointy teeth:

To me it looks like a synthesis of the Marvel and two of the TFTM faces (yes, I know what I'm about); It's got Marvel's pointy teeth, the coloration and eye shape of the face he had in most of his TFTM scenes, and the unforked goatee from the end of his transformation sequence (but not the reveal of his head DURING the transformation sequence! That beard is forked!)

And once again this is a case of wealth generating wealth. Unless it turns out to be a massive dud, even at 5 Unicrons per person, you're pretty much going to be able to buy some number larger than one, resell all but one of them half a year later, and keep the last one for essentially free or even turn a profit. But you've got to be able to soak that initial $1200-$3000 hit. I know I can't.

If I gets funded how long before third party makers start selling the goatee add-on?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Saw Unicron in person at sdcc. He's goddamn big alright. He comes with a stand to support him in both robot and planet mode, but with the amount of weight to him, I'm wondering if he's sturdy enough to be posed without the stand in robot mode or if he's too too heavy and will fall over without it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

I've always thought that it's more how base modes really skimp on the aesthetics to convince you that it's no longer a robot and that it's some kind of city or highway intersection or military base or gun emplacement instead of a robot doing yoga. Like the robots look like cars because they have sculpted bits and paint, whereas there isn't that consideration for most base modes.

I've only seen one that actually uses stickers to try to pretend it's a skyscraper.

Brave Max?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

juggalo baby coffin posted:

for a little while i was looking at the Toyworld coneheads, and thrust was the one who was hardest to find anywhere, so I think he must be the most popular with everyone (understandably). i hope when the maketoys one comes out he doesn't sell out instantly. maketoys did a really nice gigantic scorponok, but he's just too pricey for me to justify at the moment. I am considering their Striker Noir to be my nemesis prime/scourge representative eventually.

i've been looking back at the covers of the old marvel comic, cause there are some totally badass ones:

(some day i'll have mp scale versions of all these guys)

out of curiosity I looked up the issues with cover dates in the month i was born (july 89), and they have basically my four favourite G1 guys on the covers: Galvatron, Shockwave, Megatron and Bludgeon:

which is a fun coincidence

edit: speak of the one eyed devil, my fever-purchase arrived!

Doing his best 'TRANSFORMERS are all dead' pose

Using the toys to recreate classic covers from the Transformers comic would be an awesome project.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

GD_American posted:

Japan is kinda super-racist

There’s a subculture in Japan that mimics Los Angeles Chicano culture. I think it’s kinda cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8bMLcCxxAA

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I always wished they would’ve done a line of the Beast Wars Maximals/Predacons pre-animal forms.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Me too, and there are so many badass G.I. Joe vehicles to choose from. I know they made Snow Cat -- was it during the Energon line? I didn't collect any of those, but thought it was cool.

There's some new third party Optimus Prime based on the G.I. Joe Rolling Thunder that looks pretty rad, especially if they release it in Army green.
https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/10/02/tfc-toys-storm-commander-stc-01nb-nuclear-blast-version-prototype-397387

Yeah, the snowcat was in the Energon line, he was a nice looking robot.

I’ve always wanted transforming GI Joe vehicles, but sized for the 3/4 joes. They’d be huge and expensive but worth it. There were so many vehicles in that toyline I’m surprised there hasn’t been at least a few more customs done on the concept.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I completely forgot I ordered Springer from BBTS like half a year ago and they finally shipped it. I didn’t realize he’s a little bigger than the Titans figures, but it’s cool I have a nearly complete set of the 86 movie team (still need an ultra magnus).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Every time I read Fraudo’s name I think of Disenchantment.

Hi, I’m Fraudo!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m partially responsible for the Allspark forums existing. Me and the admin became friends while posting on a comic book forum back in the day and both of us hated the official tf message boards at the time (I think this was BW/BM era, there was a lot of drama at the time, which is silly because, y’know) so he decided to start up the allspark boards.

I only posted there a handful of times but I got burned out on the hobby around that time. Plus, Armada really killed my interest with the brick-like robots in that line.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 16, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Does the foot flap swivel upward?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Guy is definitely Brawn.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of brawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They should’ve tweaked the vehicle mode to make it look more like the Turtle Wagon.