Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Fibby Boy posted:

Maybe people in pokemon are loving retarded. I mean it took til the third game for a giant whale to be discovered.

"Whadda you mean Pokemon can breed?"

Seeing that Bergmite and Amaura are the only new ice evolutionary lines, are either of them good? I've brought my Aurorus to level 50 but he's been underwhelming and I always like to have an ice-type on my team. Is Bergmite/Avalugg worthwhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

MustelaFuro posted:

Seriously, has anyone found that decorations have had any effect on Pokemon Amie? I have a whole fire environment with fire hearts, a camp fire, and lava rock and fire cushions, and the fire background and it seems to make no difference in what Pokemon decide to hang out or what presents they leave.

I get the feeling that it's all for show. On the bright side there is a Punk Cube.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I hope that Dunsparce gets a mega evolution.

Also, where can I get a dusk stone? I want an Aegislash before I take on the Elite 4. Does the Aegislash super training drop it?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Mega Feraligatr should just be a saltwater crocodile

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Feraligatr has a mohawk.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

McDragon posted:

Oh my, Scraggy keeps having to pull up his trousers in battle. :kimchi:

Scraggy/Scrafty are both pretty adorable. Scraggy a bit moreso.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
There's still no way to change your pokemon's pokeball, right?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah, Gen 5 is the red headed stepchild of the franchise; the games were treading the same water as DPP did, the cartoon (Iris, mostly) was insufferable and it somehow made a full sequel feel more like a mission pack release than the previous Mission Pack versions were.

So it was a whole load of missteps, frankly the only good thing was the Manga and even then that was because the writer went "You know what? Let's cast N as a complete rear end in a top hat mind-rapist and see where that gets us."

I mean at least Gen 3 gave us the enchanced remakes.
:goonsay:

Haha, you watch the pokemon cartoon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
The clothing options are pretty basic overall. I'd definitely be willing to pay a few bucks if it meant I got more clothing variety.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Why does it have to be so hard to get a max-size Pumpkaboo?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Ew. I might even release that one if I got it, it's so god drat tacky and hideous.

I want one so I can make my foes quit in disgust.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Guys, I just got my first female Combee and named it Royalew/Bees. I don't know if that means I've aged out of Pokemon or that I've finally aged in.

You're doing all right.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Aurain posted:

I was just mindlessly grinding in Victory Road and I came within a millisecond of blowing away a shiny Lickitung.

Welcome to the shiny bench, you disgusting gyrating freak.

Give it to me.

I offer nothing in return except the fact that it will evolve into an even weirder pink balloon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Ruggington posted:

This game does not want me to have a 0 speed Sturdy Avalugg. I've bred 3 perfect bergmites, all of them with Own Tempo. Two of them have rolled perfect speed IV's. I have 3 boxes full of these loving things and two near-perfect parents but something that usually takes less than an hour for me has ended up taking over four. Life is pain.

Sturdy is a hidden ability. You need to get a friend safari Bergmite.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

FedoraDefender420 posted:

Malamar seems like king poo poo of gently caress You Mountain but nobody ever seems to talk about him.

Malamar is great but I have no idea how to optimize them. I'm just happy to have a squid.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Geostomp posted:

What exactly can I do with all these tiny mushrooms? There were collectors last gen that'd pay big for the things, but do they still exist in this game? Do they serve any special purpose or should I just sell them at the Pokemon Center?

You can get them in the battle resturants and they exist to be sold.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Dr Pepper posted:

Really? I thought the TVs gave a fair bit of helpful game mechanics info.

Also, lots of lessons on Squirtle's Japanese name.

Edit: I wish that the radio would make a return and would let you play music in game off of the SD card.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Are we still posting these?

Cheval the Greninja, Hemlock the Venusaur, D'Arc the Aegislash, Humboldt the Malamar, Ava the Avalugg and Noivern the wondertrade Noivern.

Don't use random French words for nicknames. That is why my Greninja is called Horse.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I'm not sure what nature I want for my Supersized Pumpkaboo. Relaxed or Brave maybe?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Garbodor looks amazing! Those things are massive.

Garbodor for Pokemon of the Century.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Pokemon Z (or X2/Y2) had better have an in-game screenshot function.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

There's only a handful of good Poison types. I really like Drapion but I ultimately concede he's butt-tier. Gengar, Tentacruel, Venusaur (mega), Croagunk, maaaybe Dragalge are fairly good and usable.

Fairy type I don't really know that well but it would seem that Sylveon, Xerneas, Mawile (mega), Togekiss, Klefki, maaaybe Carbink, and Gardevoir all have their uses for sure. I am always rolling with a Steel type ( :h: Metagross-chan :h: ) and so far I've only really had problems with Mawile and Klefki.

You forgot Garbodor.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
How is size determined when you breed two Pumpkaboos that have different sizes?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Livingtrope posted:

Alright guys, I've gotta Weavile, an Absol, and a Malamar. Team :nitecrew: is ready for business.

:nitecrew:
:yosbutt:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

MECHARL WINSLOW posted:

Had a shiny geodude in a horde. The others used magnitude and killed it...

That's a nightmare come to life, drat.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Has anyone figured out what tipping does yet?

It means that you are a cool person

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

A Pretentious Owl posted:

I can't speak of its accuracy, but I just saw a post on Tumblr saying that Shinies are guaranteed to eventually appear in Friend Safaris if you lead with a Pokemon with Illuminate, and continue to use O-Powers while in there, and you don't leave that Safari until you do. Apparently the music speeds up the closer you are to getting a shiny? It could totally be bullshit, but people are talking about seeing shinies in Friend Safaris with surprising frequency, so I guess it could never hurt to try/listen and see if the music does, indeed, speed up after a while.

You can also get Mew is you use strength on the Truck

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

quiggy stardust posted:

If they really wanted to do that we'd be allowed to crossdress :colbert:

I just want an outfit that is comfy and easy to wear.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

ChaosArgate posted:

What is the requirement for a colorful outfit? I got it randomly but I don't feel like my outfit was particularly colorful.

The clothing tags that are a :krad: yellow and orange count as colourful.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Zahki posted:

Cute as it may be Parasect is still the most horrifying Pokemon. The bug is a mindslave to the mushroom on it's back, then when it's done sucking the bug dry it infects the young too.

"When nothing's left to extract from the bug, the mushrooms on its back leave spores on the bug's egg."

:gonk:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

horriblePencilist posted:

Phantump is cuter than Pumpkaboo. No doubt.

Gourgeist is a hell of a lot cuter than Trevenant though.

Edit:

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 12, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Thwack! posted:

Why isn't there a battle setting where the types advantages/disadvantages were reversed? That one NPC in Anistar(?) I fought definitely had the right idea.

Being able to do Inverse Battles normally would be pretty fun.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Bongo Bill posted:

Is there anything I can do to increase the likelihood of finding a super-size Pumpkaboo? Also, how does breeding affect Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist sizes?

Super-sized Pumpkaboos also always have a miracle seed so you can have a fainted pokemon with compound eyes in your first slot to increase the chance of fighting one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

noirstronaut posted:

I posted this in the trading thread, but I know some of you would have no reason to enter there unless looking for a trade soooo

Does anyone have an Electabuzz + Galvantula Safari? That lil Pikachu mouse thing in the first slot would be cool too, but not really necessary.

I have Emolga, Electrabuzz and Stunfisk.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

noirstronaut posted:

Didn't someone manage to figure out that the chances for bred Poke shinies was actually 2x more likely than past games or something like that?

IIRC they basically watched the data that determines if a pokemon is shiny or not and noticed that pokemon that wouldn't be shiny in past games were shiny this gen.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Blackheart posted:

Do those moves like trick-or-treat change the secondary typing? If it's like that I guess type order would matter.

Trick-or-Treat adds Ghost to a pokemon so dual-typed pokemon become triple-typed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Stalgren posted:

You drat rude kids :mad:

Amie makes pretty much every Pokemon adorable.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
They probably didn't include stuff like seasons so that they could get the game out sooner. The lack of features probably has more to do with the effort of converting everything into 3D than anything.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Kuhmondo posted:

I can't help but believe that poke-earth has a layer of Dugtrio poop beneath the ground surface. Poop sinkholes :stonk:.

There's probably poke-dung beetles somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Unbound posted:

Well, if it releases it's cursed energy, that energy has to go somewhere. More than likely into another Banette.

The energy goes into the pokepuff, which it eats. The circle of pokepuffs.

E:

• Locked thread