Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

StashAugustine posted:

hey can someone talk about a) which side of syndicates to pick b) how to do all the stuff in the open world areas

Here's another way to decide: do you want to periodically deal with eximus kill squads of roller balls, ospreys, and corrupted lancers, or of chargers, ancients, and moas?

I went pro-Steel Meridian side purely on aesthetics, so I can say one thing from experience, in early game play those ancient squads are a pain in the rear end, bunching up and making each other take forever to kill.

Open world areas: do the Vallis before you dip your toes into the Plains of Eidolon, especially if you don't have a sniper rifle you like yet. Both open worlds will start you off with a quest chain, from Konzu on Earth and Eudico on Venus. Do bounties for them for some initial standing. Starting equipment for the basic Other Stuff You Do There all cost standing:
  • Fishing: Buy a spear from the corresponding town hub, one for Earth fishing and one for Venus fishing. Stand at the edge of a body of water, pick the fishing spear from your gear wheel, aim it and wait for fish to spawn. They can be hard to see without dye from Cetus. Robofishing on Venus adds a minor timing QTE when you hook the robofish. Strip 'em for parts or standing at the corresponding town.
  • Mining: Don't bother with Earth drills. Buy a drill from Fortuna, it works in the Plains of Eidolon too. Equip the drill from your gear wheel and it'll tag veins of ore on your minimap. Aim at a vein with the drill and it'll have drill points. Shoot each point with the drill for a timing QTE, release in the marked box. Cash 'em in for standing or refining blueprints at the corresponding town.
  • Animals: If you find innocent wildlife on Earth, slaughter it. On Venus, buy a tranquilizer rifle and an echo-lure. Equip the rifle from your gear wheel and it'll tag sightings of the animal you have a lure for. Follow the tracks, look for droppings, use the echo-lure to mimic their call, then bag 'n tag with the rifle.
  • Extreme sports: After you finish the introduction quest from Fortuna, equip the K-drive launcher from your gear wheel in either open world. Zoom around. Push buttons do stunts get ventkid standing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

I'm as new to Space Fashion as I am to Warframe in general, but there was call for Rhino, yes?

Because in the end I just made the white Power Ranger.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Trip report: I'm one of those weirdos who plays with a controller and, uh, the update broke "aim." "Aim" doesn't work now for controllers. Except, bizarrely, the tranq rifle can still aim, but the real guns can't, nor can the synthesis scanner or the mining laser. Which is a problem when the laser zoom is what makes the mining nodes appear.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

If you want to make Nora memorable and entertaining, just lean into what she already is hard. Characterize her as an over-the-top armchair activist who just really wants to see Tenno do K-drive kickflips and dual-wield shotguns while sliding. The simplest feats blow her away time and again. She talks like that cartoon Clem glyph you just put down is going to smash the corporate state because she really thinks it will. It's an inspiring Clem.

I was pretty amused when I encountered the Void "boss" for the first time and his monologue kept going past where he spawned in, we fought him, we beat him, and he spawned out, only to cap with "See?? I'm dead but I'm still talking! Ultimate power!!"

Also yeah, get rid of nightcreds. I like the progression of bonus rank rewards on top of the credstore, but just let us buy straight out of the store with Nightwave standing, and keep the spent standing still in your rank bar so you don't have to choose between buying nitain or qualifying for forma packs.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Phigs posted:

Playing around with Nezha and he's pretty sweet. You people recommending Maglev are insane though.

Yeah, I just put like a single Maglev on him and it turned the Crouch button into the Sail an Entire Room Past Where You Were Trying to Go button. All it needed was cartoon foley. Probably good for open world navigation though, I should consider that.

Serdain posted:

Played a lot up before I discovered there was a child in my suit, came back and discovered the child but had no way to earn experience that I could tell and stopped. I'm not sure where that is on the timeline.

Clear blue nodes on the star map, unlock planets you haven't been to. The next quest you'll get from advancing the star map that isn't just "clear this quest to unlock a warframe" is called The War Within, and it's somewhere around Pluto.

You get experience by ranking equipment up, so buy the blueprints for a bunch of random weapons from the Market, so that when a thing hits rank 30 you swap it out. Once you start to run out of stuff to build from the Market, start buying blueprints from the clan dojo. Just constantly cycle trash in and out of your weapon inventory, sell them when they're done, keep a few that feel useful or fun.

Void fissure missions are good fodder for ranking your equipment up, in a pub squad or clan squad. If you don't have relics stocked up to crack, you can still do them anyway. A few mission types will give you relics anyway, like excavations and spy missions.

There's a new console to the left of navigation on the ship called Nightwave. It's a series of bonus objectives that get you nightwave points, one per day and a set per week. Don't worry too much about it, but if you see an objective that looks easy or fun to do, get the points and the lady on the radio will send you rewards in the mail every so often, with one of the rewards being Nightwave Fun Bux to spend on nitain extract, orokin reactors, orokin catalysts, and a bunch of other stuff that's not nearly as important.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Apr 27, 2019

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

Flight patterns are getting touched up for the incoming Railjack missions. AI's going to be a lot smarter and they're going to be able to fly much better.

Archwing, I assume? This is basically the opposite of what I would want to hear. My number one problem with archwing missions is that they control terribly and I can't tell where enemies are coming from or where they are relative to me, so until they fix that, I really don't need enemies learning to dodge effectively.

Number two is that it doesn't feel fun at all to have your archwing unit just straight up replace all the functionality of your warframe. If I'm Nezha with wings, I want to play like Nezha with wings. I don't care about playing as the wings.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Pylons posted:

Nothing kills my desire to play this game like The Wolf. What an aggressively un-fun boss.

My least favorite thing about him is his invincible fugitive buddies you can't do anything about. I have no idea why they don't just let you kill the fugitives (with no nightwave capture bonus) and, if they're really set on crowd control being part of the Wolf fight, give the Wolf a wolfpack howl he can do after a bit to resummon a few more buddies. Having the fugitives be invulnerable is frustrating, unintuitive, and leads to dumb situations like missing a shot because a fugitive ran in the way and oops, fugitives are invincible cover. Not even a difficulty thing as much as a gamefeel thing.

In other news, for fellow new players to the game, I'm going to share the lesson I just learned today: once you hit Neptune (or, with friend taxis, before that), there is never any need to feel low on credits. Run the Index. Run the Index. Why, oh, why did I not run the Index until now. I've wasted my space ninja life.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Chinook posted:

We got swarmed by some Wolfman during a mobile defense mission (I think) to get me funded for the index, and it was a little crazy.

Get used to Marv Wolfman, his appearance rate has gotten pretty high at this stage in the Nightwave season event. Fortunately, even if he attacks in a solo mission and you're not equipped to fight him, the worst he can do is kill you and leave, and death is cheap in Warframe.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Fruity20 posted:

that's okay i guess. i just wanna scan more normal enemies to tryout my builds on.

As Jobbo_Fett says, go to the dojo research stations and buy a blueprint for Helios, the sentinel companion who uses Codex Scanners for you. Never have to scan enemies or objects for your codex again. (He'll only scan targets you haven't maxed out your codex entry on, so he's bad at space cats, plant gathering, and synthesis, but two of those three are stuff that you don't really need to be worrying about if you're still using your first-day Excalibur.)

If you can't afford the construction cost, save up 30k, get a goon to taxi you to the Index, and just play keepaway and stay alive while they carry you through the match. Fast credits.

As for synthesis, it gets pretty easy after you rank up a tanky frame. You can assemble Rhino, the beginner-friendly supertank, from the boss of Venus. Put armor and intensity mods on him and use his Iron Skin ability. You still generally want to clear most of a crowd out before chasing the synthesis target, but the target has bonus health so it's hard to accidentally kill it.

Note that one of Simaris's items for sale is a module that gives you infinite synthesis scanners. Handy.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Fruity20 posted:

i already have helios..just ran out of scans...

Then the Heliocor isn't any better, because like Helios, it eats Codex Scanners.

Just buy more for credits from the gear equip menu. I buy them by the hundreds. They're cheap.

Edit: Wait, can Helios use the Synthesis Scanner? Does the Sol-Battery Widget still work? I'm a fool! But not as much of a fool as when I didn't Run the Index.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 7, 2019

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

AzureSkye posted:

The last part of Octavia's Anthem makes me want to die.

I must have spent like half an hour chasing down the last two notes. While constantly being distracted by eradicysts and having to duck the death beam. Frequently I would kill an eradicyst and another eradicyst would spawn next to it in less than a second.

I'm not curious about music anymore, Suda.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Raptor1033 posted:

I'm considering redoing the quest to complete the scans on one of the corrupted sentients. I clearly make questionable decisions.

At least the corrupted sentients show up before the jumping piano mission, so you can abort the quest after getting your scans.

There's no codex entry for eradicysts, is there? I'm gonna be mad if there is. I already missed pre-Shadow Stalker's entry.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

prefect posted:

I'm out on these Plains of Eidolon, and getting murdered by flying robots. I cannot hit them with arrows -- did I make a mistake by taking a bow? Should I buy a rifle instead?

Thanks.

If you're still using the Mk1-Paris then you should probably minimize your outings to the Plains of Eidolon for awhile, because in the daytime those Dargyns will be harrassing you constantly. Do the minimum you have to do to progress your star chart and come back when you have a sniper rifle. The Vulkar is probably the earliest practically available sniper rifle, I think? It shouldn't be long before you can make a Vectis (which is what I currently use for sniping) or a Rubico. Once you've got a long-range weapon that you're comfortable taking Dargyns out of the air with, feel free to roam the Plains during daytime. During nighttime in the Plains, enemies come out which you will not be able to deal the finishing blow to until you're around Uranus in the starchart and unlock "spoiler mode," including a big fuckoff one you should absolutely steer clear of until then.

Also, the game never explicitly tells you, but the Mk1 weapons are separate, weaker versions of their non-Mk1 counterparts. Go ahead and max out your Mk1-Paris's rank to build up mastery, but if you like bows (which can be a lot of fun, especially if you enjoy solo missions), at mastery rank 3 you'll be able to buy a blueprint for the real-no-foolin' Paris from the Market for credits. You'll build most of your weapons for the early to mid game by doing this, or by joining a clan and visiting their dojo to buy blueprints there; very few weapons are available to buy for credits in the Arsenal equip menu.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 18, 2019

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

prefect posted:

(I don't know if I'm just getting old and dumb, but everything in this game confuses me. :corsair:)

Warframe is exceptionally bad at conveying information to the player. Some important information is squirreled away in a corner when it should be plastered in front of you in the tutorial. Some important information you just never get unless you look it up online. I had to have friends teach me basic stuff like "you can bullet jump facing up to get much more vertical distance," and I literally only figured out the other day that Simaris's kinetic siphon traps aren't aimed and fired like every other gear item I use, but just instantly deployed wherever you're facing when you pick them out of the gear menu.

I mean, yes, I'm also dumb for that second one. But the first one is a basic traversal tool and the tutorial only teaches you to use it laterally.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 18, 2019

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Yeah. Honestly, I came into Warframe after watching one of those waves of Twitch-sponsored beginner's streams where Slowbeef picked the Mk1-Paris, and I got into the game in the early missions slowly crouching around and picking lancers off with the bow, like I was playing Phantom Pain in space. I enjoyed that and I still like breaking out the bow and taking it slow now and then, but that's very much not what Warframe turns out to be about, and it's very soon into the star chart that maps start spawning too many enemies to stay in stealth forever as Excalibur with a bow.

Fortunately, "mow down legions" and "swim through armies completely ignoring them to get to the objective" are both playstyles Warframe encourages and equips you to adopt. It wants to be a fast game; the fact that you can sneak around is mostly a bonus diversion you can play with.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

While we're on the subject of bows, what should I prioritize when modding my Dread? Taking advantage of its fantastic crits is obvious, but is multishot worth it or does it just spoil bows? Punch-through? Elemental damage?

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

prefect posted:

Also, what's this pink growth on my neck?
:ohdear:

It's benign. Once it finishes growing (a little hair/tendril grows out of it), you can get rid of it one of two ways. One way is to explore the corners of your orbiter and see if something reacts. The more interesting way, if you have a working incubator, is to go to hatch a dog friend and see if your options have expanded.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Bug Squash posted:

Uhh...

What is affinity range?

And Tyler explained already, but to make it a little more user-friendly, check your active buff/debuff icons in the upper right of the HUD, next to your health and shields. When you're in a multiplayer squad and within affinity range of another player, a blue affinity range icon will show up.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

I hope they go for a mutual admiration setup where Natah is a being that knows only war, and so are the Tenno, and the Tenno are just utterly mercenary and without any consistent morals, so Natah goes "actually gently caress the Orokin AND gently caress the Sentients" and starts reshaping the Origin System in *her* image.

Honestly, the whole portrayal struck me as a new player catching up to the plot as so aimless and unengaging that at this point I don't really care what we do with Natah, fight her or redeem her, but I just want to wrap up with being my own Tenno, leaving the nest, and flying around with my kooky ship cephalon buddy deciding for myself who to assassinate to better the galaxy. Get that Ghost Mom telling me what to do off my screen, give me an Ordis talking head.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Argas posted:

I mean, his e-mails are already super silly with certain bosses.

Your crimes against Lephantis cannot be forgiven. There was no reason to murder that poor tumor.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the hell are you talking about

i'm saying they hard to visually distinguish at a glance

They need to give the keys different models. I've had better luck remembering the consoles by icon shape rather than color. Let me take the triangle key to the triangle console and I'll be fine.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

the keys do have different models. the big chunk at the end of the key is shaped like the conduit symbol.

I need to pay more drat attention rather than just glancing at the broadest contours of the shape, then. In my defense, it's a fast-paced game with a lot of poo poo to keep track of.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Ritznit posted:

PSA: Do not click on the Phorid invasion on the Ropalyst node, because it will show you this and softlock your game:

I knew at a glance that that was going to be broken as hell, but I didn't realize it would break even before the mission starts.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

prefect posted:

Is there any way to cheese the spy missions? I'm having a run of bad luck, and getting desperate. :saddowns:

Use the Hush or Suppress mods, or weapons that are naturally silent like most bows, to dispatch enemies, security cameras, sensor bars, and arc traps from a distance.

In Corpus vaults, take it slow, try to peek around corners for security cameras before exposing yourself, and look for air vents which provide roundabout passages between rooms or up to the rafters. Some laser-heavy vaults contain consoles you can reach and interact with to disable the lasers, though you usually have to sneak past the lasers to reach them.

In Grineer vaults, don't try to take out sensor regulators before clearing the vault. They have heavily inflated health and will alert the vault if not killed in one hit. Watch their patrol routes from safety if possible.

Loki and Ivara have abilities that turn them invisible to sneak past enemies, regulators, and security cameras. Both require you to reach Neptune on the star chart to complete in the foundry, and Ivara parts only drop in spy missions with all vaults opened (but alerts are allowed as long as the data isn't erased). Cephalon Suda and the Perrin Sequence sell a mod at maximum syndicate rank that lets Ivara's invisibility also bypass Corpus lasers without raising alerts, making Corpus vaults trivial.

Consider soloing spy missions you need to clean sweep, or partner with somebody who has a spy frame like the above and wait just outside the vault door while they clear it. In multiplayer spy missions, one player can raise the alert for the whole vault, sometimes even if the player is not in the vault.

Buy the cipher blueprint from the market (both x1 and x10 blueprints are infinitely reusable) and build ciphers. Build so many ciphers you don't even have to think about how many you have left. They can save your rear end in an unexpected vault alert by bypassing the time needed to hack a console keeping a door locked closed. They're also extremely handy just in general and pretty cheap to build.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Hattie Masters posted:

Completely irrelevant to the current discussion but the MR9 test is one loving aggravating piece of bullshit.

The mastery tests are kind of all over the place. Some are really annoying and some are dirt easy, and they're just kind of randomly distributed, at least as far as I've gotten. I was expecting MR15 solo interception to be a mess, and then it just spawned like seven low-level enemies across the entire test.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

thats the only one Ive failed, I thought it would be easy but I brought a ignis+some garbage sidearm and the arena was too big to shoot at the other points with the ignis while capping

I literally just cleared a point out at close range, sat on it until it was capped, and then ran to the next clockwise and repeated, over and over. I only had to recapture a point once, and by the end I was just bullet jumping between the three points because no enemies were left to fight. Maybe they screwed up the rate of enemy spawns when they focused an update elsewhere, who knows :shrug:

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Moreau posted:

Is there an idiots guide to the Index or a decent youtube video on how to play? Im attempting Glast Gambit but have no idea what to do in there. A ruinously expensive mistake!

You suffer a debuff when carrying points. Temporarily reduces your max health and shields, and drains energy. You don't start with the energy you normally start a mission with either. You drop all the uncashed points you're carrying when killed. If you overextend and get killed, you may be able to partially salvage the situation if you rush over to where you died, because the AI's kind of dumb about scrambling to pick up dropped points sometimes.

Every five points you cash in simultaneously cashes in an extra +2 bonus, to a maximum of +10 at 20 points. (Note that this bonus can become detrimental in one of the later Glast Gambit missions.)

There is a time limit counting down that gives you more time when the Tenno cash in and less when the brokers do. If time runs out you don't get the payoff, and if time runs out when the brokers are ahead, you lose your collateral stake. So, y'know, don't hoard points for too long. Remember to cash them in.

You don't get to bring companions or gear, so equip Enemy Sense. It helps a lot.

Individual brokers to look out for:
The Auditor can shield itself from the front, and it can put up laser walls to block (specific, conspicuous) chokepoints on the map. The laser walls do a whole lot of damage.
Tia Mayn can turn mostly invisible and Jen Dro can disguise herself as allies on the Tenno team, with the corresponding player nametag. Enemy Sense is not fooled.
Jad Teran can release nullifier pulses to strip Iron Skin.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

*gets six fish*

ONE OF OUR OWN BELIEVES THEY ARE THE EQUAL OF OUR FOE, AND

waves hello

DREAMERS, I HAVE FOR YOU A TALE OF TRIUMPH OVER ADVERSITY

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Phigs posted:

I think everyone can agree Hek is the best voice in Warframe. His ranting is endlessly entertaining to me.

Fresh FROM THE BAG!

My ghouls came from bags. You will leave in them!!

He needs a few more snappy lines, though. For every time he vows to personally throw the Lotus into the sun, there's a more generic villainous threat that the voice can only do so much with. (The voice is still pretty good even on the less interesting lines. His voice actor is having so much fun destroying his vocal chords for the greater good of mankind, and I admire him for it.)

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

prefect posted:

This Limbo character, is there a trick to being good? Because I think it might require more good-at-gaming-ness than I have available.

Being good, not really. Limbo is very situational, although there are a few niche applications he can trivialize. But there is one basic trick I never realized until I was done levelling Limbo:

Combine 4 Cataclysm with 2 Stasis. The World.

Even so, don't rift-roll or Cataclysm in places your teammates are moving back and forth through. Entering the rift when you don't expect to, or having to factor in that you need to walk inside the Cataclysm bubble to hit the dudes inside it, causes just enough confusion to waste important time and be very annoying.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

prefect posted:

Now to obsess over what alignment means before I move on to doing the actual War Within quest. :ohdear:

Do whatever you like. One semi-hidden NPC has one line of dialogue that changes based on your alignment. That's literally all it does.

It's a half-baked, inconsistent idea, too. War Within and The Sacrifice are the two major quests that affect it (plus one choice in Glast Gambit), and the writing of the quests doesn't appear to agree on what alignment means. War Within's alignment choices appear to associate the sun alignment with idealism and restraint, and the moon alignment with pragmatism and setting oneself loose. The Sacrifice associates sun choices with passion, aggression, and judgment, and moon choices with serenity and restraint. It's jarring.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You're misreading the stuff about restraint. The white alignment choices are always emotional and idealistic, and black ones are always pragmatic and detached. Sometimes emotional means empathy, sometimes it means rage, similarly sometimes pragmatic means being practical and sometimes it means taking a frankly inhuman attitude.

I don't buy it. Squirm like the maggot you are is certainly emotional, but not in any way idealistic, especially compared to the cycle is broken. We use this memory, it fuels our wrath is a bit similar, compared to its alternatives.

I will grant that what you say is pretty consistent across War Within and Glast Gambit. Maybe I'm just saying I take issue with the writing in The Sacrifice.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Anora posted:

welcome to sentinels, never back stab again.

Or "welcome to sentinel weapons, rank them up and never equip again."

Carrier, stop drawing aggro to yourself and getting shot down. You are not a battleship. You are a mobile Animal Instinct/Vacuum platform.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Anora posted:

I do not have Twitch Prime, and only have Frost and Trinity because of Relics and paying another player.

Neither do I, but I think it was also offered to be awarded to viewers of partnered Twitch streams who connected their Twitch account to their Warframe account? I've got the syandana too, I do not know for sure if that's how I got it.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

prefect posted:

Doesn't this mean I'll start getting curbstomped by two other factions for each faction I do good things for? :ohdear:

Like the Stalker, syndicate hitsquads warp out of the mission when they kill their target, so the worst they can do is make you die once. You can die four times a mission without failing it, at the sole cost of losing some of the affinity you would have gained from that mission. You eventually hit the point where your modded gear overtakes their level scaling, and then they don't even pose that threat unless you get caught soloing with all unlevelled gear or something.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Dead on Arrival posted:

Two things. I am on the last step for Inaros, and need to kill some Juggs. What would be the ideal way to go about that?

Have you reached Eris? Plain Eris missions almost always spawn a juggernaut.

Otherwise, build some Orokin Derelict Capture Keys. Blueprint's in the market.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is there a way to improve the ammo capacity and/or recharge time on the Fulmin?

I haven't stress-tested it myself, but from what I remember looking up secondhand:

+Ammo Capacity does nothing
+Magazine Size increases max battery
+Reload Speed decreases cooldown before recharging

I love this ammo-recharging, wide-blasting silenced airsoft shotgun. It is probably far from the best weapon in the game, but it's so satisfying and if they ever nerf it my heart will break.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 27, 2019

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

M2tt posted:

Counterpoint: Fulmin is in fact the single best weapon in the game.

Isn't high level play about having mass slaughter weapons you don't even really have to aim in more than the vague direction of the enemy? I actually have to point the Fulmin at guys, and sometimes I run out of shots for like two or three seconds.

It's still goddamn amazing.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

Okay, I was just afraid to waste a lens if I forma'd my Hek to being a level 1 baby shotgun again. Thanks!

To be 100% clear, the lens stays on the weapon and just falls "dormant" until you bring it back up to rank 30, then resumes doing its thing. You can still see that a lens is installed on an unranked weapon by looking at the menu for installing potato/forma/lens, I think.

The only thing that expends an installed lens is replacing it with a different lens. If you have a lesser Vazarin on a weapon and you install a greater Vazarin or a lesser Zenurik on the same weapon, you lose the lesser Vazarin and don't get it back.

(Well, that and crafting. If you have a Lex and use it as a component to build an Aklex, say, any potato/forma/lens on the original Lex is gone.)

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Target Practice posted:

So I hate spy missions and I want to trivialize them. I already bought the 10x cipher BP. A buddy told me to farm Loki so I will probably work on that (even though I dont think I have the location to farm it unlocked). Is there anything else that can help me? I'm only MR5 atm.

Limbo can't turn invisible to evade Corpus cameras or Grineer sensor regulators, but while in the rift, he can pass through Corpus laser walls without triggering them. (Loki can't, even while invisible, so be ready for those.)

You should be able to get buddies who have Neptune unlocked to taxi you to the mission if you decide to farm Loki.

Have you picked up the Hush and Suppress mods yet to silence your guns? They drop from Corrupted enemies, but you'd probably have no problem asking clanmates for spares.

Aside from that, take 'em slow. There's only so many spy vaults to shuffle through for each tileset, and from mission to mission they'll only vary on stuff like how many of the possible traps are active and in which places. Unfamiliarity with a vault layout is usually the biggest obstacle to clearing it reliably. (The second biggest obstacle is Sensor Regulators, but hey, they can't see Loki.)

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 2, 2019