Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bryter posted:

Nixon expanded the civil right to go gently caress yourself

Nixon expanded the right for you to do whatever the President tells you to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Socrates didn't have the influence of broadcast television. :nixon:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Three Olives posted:

Here is the thing I am really having a problem with, over Ben Carson's distinguished academic and professional career no one was successfully able to bring up the point that the guy was a loving nutbag narcissist and clip his wings?

I mean surely plenty of people realized before a few months ago that the guy is loving insane before you get to the narcissism and pathological lying boring on legit sociopathy.

You clearly haven't hung around enough academics and doctors. It's only relatively recently that anybody put them under any serious scrutiny as far as interpersonal relations are concerned.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Patter Song posted:

There was actually a story a month ago about a guy who set up a Make America Great Again SuperPAC with no actual Trump ties and got a ton of money. You could probably do the same for Sanders if it weren't that his slogan is some ridiculous 50+ word run on sentence or something.

Already happened. Guess who was their biggest fish?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mappo posted:

Rick Perry had back surgery about a month before the campaign season really began. If I remember correctly it was some sort of new experimental procedure. Either way, he was in a lot of pain, under the effects of pain medication or both during the debates.

Not to say I feel bad for him.

The operation was a success, but the campaign died.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pfft. Softballing, are we? Should have asked him whether he'd encourage Hitler's mother to abort him.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I don't believe in Jeb's ability to defeat a baby, Hitler or otherwise.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

zen death robot posted:

What if it was a really small baby

In cases of legitimate Jeb, small babies have a way of shutting that whole thing down:

a shameful boehner posted:

Its screams would render him comatose.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Samuel Clemens posted:

Why does Jeb Bush hate babies so much?

Let's just say that the baby he'd really like to off was born in the late '40s. :laugh:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Necc0 posted:

Man it's like none of you guys remember the lessons taught to us by Red Alert & Red Alert II

Time vvill tell, sooner or later.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FAUXTON posted:

How does he come up with this poo poo? We have US1 running right down to Key West and more than a couple military bases in Florida, the entirety of which is closer to any possible landing zone than San loving Juan. For gently caress's sake he seems not to be aware of Hispaniola being between Cuba and PR.

Is he saying it's great for strategic cereal storage?

Ben is super cereal.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Boosted_C5 posted:

Christmas in America is an American tradition that everyone should celebrate IMO.

I don't care if you're Jewish. Hang dradle ornaments from your tree, open a gift under the tree each day of Hannukah, put menorahs with multi-colored lights on them in your windows. I don't care if you're a Muslim. If you want to live in AMERICA you have to be an AMERICAN. Erect a tree in your living room, put lights everywhere, eat copious amounts of baked goods, buy a bunch of crap. Just use ornaments tailored to your faith. Instead of a cross, or a manger, just have your kids make some of those hand-print in clay ornaments and paint "Death to Israel" or whatever on them, IDGAF.

Embrace consumerism, gluttony, and over-the-top Holiday decorating or GTFO out of my country.

:nono:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I didn't think Jeb! could do any worse, but somehow he did. If I were a Jeb! donor I'd feel really dumb and angry right now. And be calling about switching over to Rubio.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Right to Rise switched to backing Rubio tomorrow.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Baloogan posted:

imo a nationstate with 1k+ nukes is enough to base a currency on.

Uranium and plutonium are heavy metals...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cabinet posted:

I'm excited for Jeb!

I know! He's probably going to be able to retire from the race soon!

He's going to have a great time at the farm Upstate!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Montasque posted:

The video we've all been waiting for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29s6fS7Y5dY

The question was prejudiced to begin with. Should have asked something more like "would you have aborted the fetus who would become Hitler if pregnancy would continue". By calling it "baby Hitler", he's already accepted the premise that fetuses are babies.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Do It Once Right posted:

Remember when men of all colors and creeds came together to drag americans of Japanese ancestry out of their homes and put them into camps?
Uncle Ben remembers fondly.

Ben is big in Japan, all right?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

reignofevil posted:

Not if he intends to do it in German.

This is America like it or leave it.
Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdpicC_6y4s

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

hobbesmaster posted:

The persecution and assassination of the republican party as performed by the inmates of the asylum of the something awful forums under the direction of the fishmech

Elephant/fishmech

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
All in all you're just another bling in the wall.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aliquid posted:

Money, it's a crime
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie

I'll see you on the yooj side of the Moon.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

So he's really taking the :siren:lieberal media:siren:'s side on this? :psypop:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nachos posted:

"How stupid are the people of this country to believe this crap?" says the candidate who's central message is building Palace Gold along the Mexican border

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nonsense posted:

President Obama today came out saying 'Castle Black' would cost hundreds of billions of dollars.

Trump responds that he'll make the Wildlings pay for it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

skaboomizzy posted:

I know the Iron Bank. Good people, they have space in one of my castles. When you negotiate with the Iron Bank, you can't go in there asking about how they like the jousting tournament or when they think winter will come, they say WE WANT DEAL.

I have nothing against the Wildlings, the King Beyond the Wall is a personal friend, but they're taking advantage of us! We're suckers! We farm all summer and then they come in to steal our crops when winter comes. Does that look right to you?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If you can't enjoy movies like Casablanca or Asphalt Jungle because they're in monochrome, well, boy, I dunno.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

oddium posted:

i found casablanca in color but i can't find the other two. is casablanca a good substitute ??

'Casablanca' gets colorized, but don't play it again, Ted

quote:

On the night of Nov. 9, Ted Turner will present a colorized version of "Casablanca" on cable television. And that will be one of the saddest days in the history of the movies. It is sad because it demonstrates that there is no movie that Turner will spare, no classic however great that is safe from the vulgarity of his computerized graffiti gangs.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

jerk1000 posted:

nm was thinking of blackboard jungle

I don't know, I'm not a big film buff. I just thought it was a really solid heist film. But I guess let's say Touch of Evil.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Louisgod posted:

They meant this one fishmech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHhhwi0vid4

Lol x one million. To no one's surprise he says the words "negro" and "human being".

This was hilarious, also couldn't handle more than two minutes of it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

Terrorism makes me angry.

Anger sustains my life, and drives me to achieve. Anger is my inspiration.

Terrorism makes me really angry! It should make you angry, too!

What have you achieved lately?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

I'd PM you a list, if I could.

Let me guess: your first one would be "got a mod to buy me plat." :rolleyes:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

In Israel, citizens with guns stop terrorist attacks on an almost daily basis.

Thing is, Israel has affordable higher education, conscription, zero-tolerance for antisemitic movements like BDS, national healthcare, public support for mental healthcare provision, and some major housing subsidies to low-income individuals.

We can either become more like Israel in all manners, or less.

That's bullshit. Most of the terrorist attacks when stopped are stopped by police and military, or by unarmed civilians taking the culprit down. In fact, on at least one occasion, a knife attack became a shooting attack because a terrorist started by attacking an armed civilian to take away his gun. In another case, a lightly-armed assailant became heavily-armed by initially targeting a soldier on leave who was carrying an assault rifle.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

You say "fleeing a warzone," I say "capitulating to ISIS."

Maybe...the truth is somewhere in the middle?

You call it "aliyah", I call it capitulating to antisemitism.

Maybe... the truth is somewhere in the middle? :smaug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So what I'm hearing is that Trump is our version of the Mule. Just in time for HBO's Foundation series!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

OctoberBlues posted:

Jeb! is so exciting that this just seems natural.

Say hello to my little polling numbers...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3hsb7v-VY

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Ahahahahahaha!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I hate to rain on the parade, but the Jeb Bush Dot Com redirect was covered pretty extensively at the end of November when it popped up.

:doh: Never mind, then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I almost feel sorry for Christie. An utterly defeated human being.

• Locked thread