Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Palleon posted:

Is anyone still playing Star Trek Timelines? I played for a week or so when it came out, then gave it up because it seemed like a pay-gated money grab, but wondering if it's gotten any better.

You should play Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes instead. Especially given your username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
For anyone who was interested in Star Wars Battlegrounds from upthread, it seems to have been renamed to Star Wars - Force Arena and is now available for pre-registration in the play store. At least in NZ.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

mrkillboy posted:

Batman: Arkham Underworld, a Clash of Clans type thing with Batman villains is now out for Android.

It looks solid. Turbine is involved (of LotRO and DDO fame) so I have high hopes.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Meatwave posted:

Regarding Dandy Dungeon, on one device I get an error message about folder permissions. Is anyone able to play with a rooted phone?

Mine did that the first time, I figured I'd accidentally denied it storage permissions or something. Reinstalling fixed it. My phone isn't rooted though.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Treat this game like Diablo. Be selective with what you spend gems and gold on, kill everything on the maps, don't buy low level armor and weapons, don't socket anything for a while, and just save until end game, or when it gets really hard.

For instance, you don't have to spend all your gems on unlocking more ability slots yet. Not even bag and storage slots. As the wizard, once I got the ice abilities I just ran with them and slowly upgraded them because it was cheap.

I crafted Life on Hit rings and necklaces and now I can pull entire maps and just stand there and stockpile potions and apples.

Once you go bananas trying to unlock everything, upgrade everything and so on, you'll shoehorn yourself into needing to buy the dumb little packages. I watch every stupid video, and 5☆ every level once I've beaten it so I don't have to do it later.

You'll also get the option to get a free piece of set gear after entering a code from the official forum - the gear will be levelled according to the character that opens it, so save it until you are max level if you want the best out of it. Don't do what I did and open it at level 13.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

hooah posted:

I'm trying this Eternium game but have repeatedly been getting my rear end kicked on the graveyard level (fourth, I believe). I just get overwhelmed by the skeletons and I can't concentrate on the healer. What can I do?

For the first few levels you should be spamming your special ability, since it has a very low cooldown until about character level 5. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
So it appears Eternium is one of these dumbshit arpgs where the bosses are an order of magnitude harder than the trash. So you spend ten minutes clearing a level (without breaking a sweat) only to find that the boss(es) one-shot you before you've done more than scratch them. And there's no clear upgrade path beyond 'farm a ton of levels but quit out before the boss'. Not very compelling.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Upgrade your gear, upgrade your abilities, socket your existing gear with gems, make accessories, use the pets abilities, heal with potions and apples and you should have no problem with any boss.

I literally didn't upgrade a thing until level 7 and even then, I just added gems to existing gear and made some accessories and now I'm 14 on act 2. I thought the grind was implied by it being a diablo-like. :shrug:

I'm in the 30s, it was fine until about 25 then it got really punishing. I've found a good way to upgrade gear is grinding rifts and hoping for an easy boss. Of the three I can get at the moment, only the dragon is problematic and I can even kill him sometimes.

I strongly recommend splashing out $1 (or whatever it is in US) for the Thunderfury pack, the sword is pretty great and you get a bunch of gems and coins as well. Plus if it's your first purchase they send you a bonus armor box as well (don't open till max level if you're min-maxing).

Game could probably use a thread, it's deep enough. I don't have time to make one though, in the process of moving countries.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

New Leaf posted:

Has anyone tried Injustice? Is it a gatcha-style game, or is everyone unlocked already?

Gacha. You can earn shards through missions or get full random unlocks through premium chests. Usual story.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Fired up Lineage, in as Stacker. Not sure if it will hold my interest better than Crusaders of Light, but we'll see.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Lineage 2 Revolution thread is here. Come on over!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Crusaders of Light has just released globally for Android. It seems like a reasonably deep MMORPG with a very similar feel to WoW (in some places a direct copy). It has auto-play functions similar to Lineage 2 Revolution but seems like it has a bit more going on in the end game, large-scale raids and interesting boss mechanics.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, it's much better than the Wow-ripoff screenshots would suggest. It also seems a lot less of a battery killer than L2R, but I haven't played enough yet to say for sure.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah Fertile Gorge. Let's all make sure everyone is on the same server, since there is no cross server play.

I'm on Fertile Gorge as well, character name is Stacker. It seems like the kind of game where you need a well populated guild to benefit much from it, but we can always recruit a bunch of pubbies around a goon core.

I'm pretty close to having the 5 million silver as well, so if I get there first I'll get things rolling.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Pocket Mine 3 talk:

I just got a legendary hammer that shits out 5 fireworks every time I kill a monster. Combined with an extra monsters amulet, I barely need to use my pick at all. It's pretty great. What slot does the 'fireworks break they hit' mod show up on?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Kheldarn posted:

An awesome attempt to cash in on 80s nostalgia.

And it totally worked. Don't listen to the haters, they were born in the wrong decade and they're salty about it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Those graphics look terrible in a late 90s way is the gameplay for real because I'm really
skeptical when people say they got a mobile arpg.

I played it for 10 minutes and it was exceptionally boring. Also I didn't find a single item or healing potion in that time so I just eventually died from slow attrition. Not my cup of tea at all.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Piell posted:

You get rewards for adding ten friends, not being added

Friends are mutual. Doesn't matter who adds who.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, it doesn't see much play at my table since other games do the same thing better. But as an app it might be alright?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Despite the lovely combat, Torment is an amazing game and you owe it to yourself to play it if you're any kind of fan of RPGs. But all four are good.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Phone Destroyer is a great example of what happens when you spend more time on charm than on balance. Also, I've been playing for 3 days now and I still can't customise my deck. I have several rare cards I can't use, and I'm getting stomped by level 4/5 players. The hell?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Twist And Pout! posted:

Just a PSA - do not play the new Lineage 2 game. I tried it out and on my first trip to the "Extraction Pit" (a place you go to get materials for permanent stat buffs daily) there was an insane whale character one making GBS threads everyone who tried to enter. It was basically the WoW episode of South Park in there with that guy terrorizing everyone. This one dude locked 40+ people out of completing this daily.

Normally you'd get debuffs due to "negative karma" but there are items you can buy in the gem shop to get rid of your negative karma. There are also cash shop items to make you immune to PvP for a limited time and they are minimum 10 USD.

This is on me for thinking a Korean MMO phone game was gonna be decent when it turned out to be probably the most pay to win game I've ever seen.

You know you can just switch instances, right? Game is fun, come play it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

mrkillboy posted:

Due out for release next year, it looks like hero battler Marvel Strike Force has been soft launched on Android uh.. somewhere.

I'm in Mexico and I've just downloaded it. At a glance it looks like a Marvel reskin of SW:GoH. Which is right up my alley, so I hope it doesn't suck.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

pappawurm posted:

I saw an add for a D&D type board game. The reviews killed it and say it was misleading and a cash grab. It got me thinking how much I missed those old D&D style board games. I searched rpg and am swamped with games. Anyone have recommendations for a board game style rpg?

Yeah that ad pisses me off, they make it look like a sweet board game when it's just another stupid gacha hero fighting game. Should be against Google's ToS to misrepresent your product like that.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Anyone else playing Castle Burn? It's a cutesy cross between Clash Royale and an RTS, and surprisingly deep tactically given the simplicity of the mechanics. It also has a 'draft' style mode where you hold off against waves of AI enemies with a randomly chosen deck (although you can only play a limited number of times per day without spending premium currency).

Basically it's Clash Royale with resource and supply management. I'm finding it pretty fun so far.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

space marine todd posted:

Are there any Android games with deep randomized loot itemization like Diablo 2/3 or Path of Exile? I look around every once in a while, but don't really seem to find much.

Eternium. There's also the Titan Quest port, but it has some pretty significant control issues which prevented me from enjoying it.

Dungeon Quest is also decent, don't be put off by the cartooniness, it's actually a pretty deep game.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Morpheus posted:

I was wondering what was going on there.

Just wondering, what are people's timer-based games of choice? Like, idling games but without the numbers-into-the-stratosphere element, like town builders, the cat cafe game that my gf plays, Fallout Shelter, that stuff.

Edit: Basically something I can have on while watching TV, glance down every now and then to interact with, then stop paying attention for a bit.

Hustle Castle is surprisingly fun, and deeper than it looks from the ads. I'm also digging Almost a Hero at the moment, but that's pretty solidly an exponential idle game so it may not appeal.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

explosivo posted:

Man, I downloaded Brawl Stars over the weekend and.. it's actually a lot of fun? Maybe it's just because I haven't lost a match yet but I'm having a real good time. Matches are short too so I can get one in while poopin' or play a bunch in bed before going to sleep. I remember feeling this way about Clash Royale before making it to the tiers where clearly everyone bought everything and getting my rear end beat repeatedly so I'm sure I'll reach that point here eventually.

It's fun but it gets very repetitive, and it has that frustrating paper-rock-scissors element where sometimes you just get mega-hosed and there's nothing you can do about it. I enjoyed it for a few weeks but haven't picked it up in a while.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Rusted Warfare is basically Command and Conquer and apparently pretty good.

Iron Marines looks more like a Starcraft with a fun art style.

Both are paid, but it is what it is.

Your first link doesn't go where you think it does.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I'm more looking for team build help.. Are you very far? Reddit hasn't been helpful. I'm to the point where all my guys are >100 except my primary tank, who is capped due to his ascension tier.. Lucius, the freebie you got as part of the launch campaign. I really don't have a tank as good as him, but now he's getting curbstomped within the first few seconds of a fight. My thought was to Reset him, then use his resources to level up someone else with a higher ascension tier, then add him on the Resonating Crystal.. would that put him up over 100, or does the Crystal still cap you at the max for your tier?

No, you're still capped at the max tier level even when using the crystal. Lucius is great but unless you get lucky and draw another card for him to get him to Elite+, he's a bit squishy. I'm planning to use my easter event eggs to upgrade him (and then I have enough other elite+ to take him straight to legendary which will be great).

I'm at about the same point as you are by the sounds of it, campaign chapter 8 and heroes around level 100. Enjoying the game but as previous poster said, other than labyrinth and the one-shot Peaks of Time missions (which are great), there's not a great deal of actual 'playing' to be done, it's mostly just waiting.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

explosivo posted:

Anyone playing this? I checked it out and it seems neat I guess coming from a guy who burned out on SWGOH a while ago. I have guys around level 4 right now and can see the gold cost of upgrading stuff getting exponentially getting higher so I feel like things are about to slow way the gently caress down but kinda enjoying myself so far.

Seems lacking depth. Is there any content beyond just the progression stages? I didn't hang around long enough to find out.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Montalvo posted:

It seems to be some kind of MMO with building and crafting elements in it? I made a warmage on on DreamFall called Gimbal.

The anime voice acting is extremely grating, however.

Who plays games with sounds on anyway?

Like others have said, this is easily one of the most polished and well fleshed-out MMOs I've seen on the phone. And it doesn't (so far) look like the gameplay is 95% idling on auto-attack like some others (*cough* L2R). Give it a go if you're on the fence.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Len posted:

Dawn of Isles finally told me.i can download it and I don't follow.

This just seems like yet another mobile MMO? What am I missing

It's a very good one. But obviously only if you like that sort of thing.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Idle games that can't handle being backgrounded are the best.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

NPR Journalizard posted:

I have been playing it for a few weeks now, and am starting to lose steam with it. The art style is great, and they do feed you a reasonable amount of premium currency and heroes, plus they have a cool mechanic for instantly leveling up new heroes, which helps a lot. There is a bit more depth to the game play than you would think but im starting to hit more and more walls where my only option is to just wait for a bunch more rewards and hope that i get enough heroes to mash together to get to the next ascendancy level so I can compete. I might check it once a day to do the dailies and thats about it for now.

Yeah, it's definitely a 'few minutes a day' game except for every few days when you break through a wall and can get a bunch of progress. The inconsistent difficulty spikes are a bit dumb - more than once I have been stuck on a mission for a week or more, but then as soon as I've beaten it I've immediately cleared the entire next chapter without any issues. For what it's worth, I almost always get sick of these kind of games within the first week, but this one has kept me logging in daily for over two months now.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Night of the Full Moon owns bones, but I'm about to finish 7/7 on the last class. What do I play next? Meteorfall?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

WaltherFeng posted:

I read the translation is bad. How bad is it? I had to drop Buriedbornes because having untranslated text annoys the hell out of me.

If you're talking about Night of the Full Moon, it's fine. There's a couple of cards/abilities where the function is a little unclear due to ambiguous text, but nothing major. Definitely nowhere near Buriedbornes-level.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Bandire posted:

I'm going to drop my dumb AFK Arena guild soon and apply to Greater Goon. You still keep your current guild tokens when you leave your guild right?

You probably figured it out already, but I can confirm that you definitely keep your tokens when you switch guilds.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Teaches of Peaches posted:

I don't think I've seen it mentioned but I've been having fun with Pirates Outlaws. It has FTL style branching map navigation with randomized events. Battle is a card based strategy with ammo as a style of action points. There are different pirates you unlock that have different abilities. I've had a lot better luck with the swordswoman pirate since melee attacks don't use ammo and she has lifesteal. So far I've only made it about 4 maps deep but I've been enjoying the combat.

here is a link

I've been playing this as well, it's polished and entertaining but I'm not sure how long it will keep me hooked, there doesn't appear to be as much depth as something like Night of the Full Moon. I feel like the hard 5-card hand limit is quite restrictive in terms of design space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Aramoro posted:

They're 1000 year old football demons/Aliens who through an amusing mixup play football disguised as small girls.

Not sure if :thejoke:, or just that every dumb Anime game has the same justification for its titties.