Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

IN ON THE HYPE TRAIN

not emptyposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

You meant potatogirl, right

no we meant potato

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Mazed posted:

I'm saving this because someday I want to be running a D&D game where I go, "You glance over at the fireplace and this is what you see."

I want in on this game.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

HelloPlatypus posted:

Tell me I'm pretty.

potato master race

Hellioning posted:

My planned dragondemon:

Am I as bad at making characters as I am at taking screenshots?

not really.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

So now that I've finished the main quest I can return to the thread.

Questions for you white mages:

Do you feel that Assize is worth using as more than just a swiftcasted Medica?

Do you think Aero III affords us an opportunity to have consistent damage on mob trash pulls?

When do you feel is a good time to use Tetragrammaton?

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

rip this guy

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Brannock posted:

If you're having keybind fingerreach issues then rebind WASD to ESDF.

as someone who demands that the loving index finger feel the indent, i cannot condone this course of action.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Volt Catfish posted:

Ask about Fracture next

paging belzac please pick up the white courtesy phone

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

^^^^^^

about as hard as I laughed when I read that post this morning

Avynte posted:

I used to have it all, but then I threw away my esos and my ravana cane, fantasia'd to a catte-boy, and now erp for gil in the back alleys of ul'dah.

why did i see cattle at first?

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Kitfox88 posted:

<se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6>YOU HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE INSTANCE

I prefer <se.11><se.11><se.11>GAME OVER<se.11><se.11><se.11>

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

vanbags posted:

I mean as long as the boss dies who really gives a gently caress, but when you wipe at 5% it's just like how did this happen

as a tank I felt helpless because tanking LB

roll DRK and put Dark Force on a macro screaming some nonsense about linkin park, slipknot, and cutting yourself.

commendations will roll in afterwards

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Chyea posted:

A4S Down.

World First.

Hands shaking....

SS later....

:toot: Good loving job, man.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

Hey same here! I assume we were the same group last night-what's your IGN? (I'm My Immersion)

I haven't run Castrum or Praetorium since the MSQ-are they going to change it so that the queue gives Law or even Esoteric tomes?

For now, all they give are Poetics. I don't know what will happen when the next flavor of tomestones comes out, though.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

Coming Soon in 3.1: Nether Seer

Fixed that for you

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

For some reason I can't pictures the story behind the Eighty Sins of Sasamo not involving a lalafel being stuffed in a barrel and punted down the steps. :haw:

Those lalafell that survived the journey would later go on to become the Monetarists and seek revenge against the schoolyard bullies who would do this to them.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

I wish Tanks had a charge attack like they do in WoW.

At the very least it'd make playing one in Frontlines feel less futile.

Dr Pepper posted:

Dark Knight.

Plunge! :black101:

:black101:

edit:
vvvvv - go to whoever gave you your level 50 job quest and talk to that guy/girl

brokenknee fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 16, 2015

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Velveteen posted:

I find scholar books to be really small and insignificant. Other classes get cool weapons like this black mage I saw in neverreap with a super cute ladybug staff. The wings even open up when its in attack stance. Like what the heck? All I get is some dumb book that looks like every other book I've had since I was an arcanist at level one.

otoh your esoterics book is liquid cooled, which is a thing.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Wooze posted:

Not to start another 'Paladin's are fine' derail but how common, historically speaking, are mechanical class changes in mid-content patches, looking back to the 2.x cycles? I'm a sucker for the sword and board classes but spamming Flash through all the EXDR pulls feels baaaad. Just want to know if there's precedence in something like giving Shield Swipe a cleave effect or anything along those lines. My endgame consists of big trash pulls, so if Flash existing bars PLD from getting a cool cleave ever I might just keep pushing my DRK to level cap.

tbh if you're not doing all of the DRK quests you're being bad. :v:

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

Only if it uses EVE's broker system so that people who don't understand how the market work end up buying my single units of iron ore for 1,000,000 gil instead of buying it from their alt.

people laughed at me when they found out i had 8 retainers. wait until i flood the loving market with buy orders for everything. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Thankfully the pubbie scum that I ended up running with weren't pants on head retarded. Also, it's really nice to be back in this game now that there's actual loving content to do other than "Run Alexander until you loving bleed and die."

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

Ugh guess they moved the ffgoons server to the new thing again. It's not working. Working with the provider on it, but no ETA at this time.

Figures poo poo would go stupid on me just as I managed to get back to the promised land. rip me.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Verranicus posted:

How many people do you need to do old EX Primals and Coils unsync'd?

T9 is the only one that I think needs more than 5 peoplel. T10-13 can be cleared with 4 or 5 people, if everyone knows wtf2do and has decent enough gear

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

T11 has two paired tethers in the final stage that force four people to play keep away, so you'd ideally get like six people to get some flexibility there... but yeah.

(Leviathan you want to make sure to NOT bring more than 5, by the way, unless you trust literally everyone to be capable of not attacking. Ditto Ifrit, with the added bonus that I have zero idea why his enrage triggers if you go too fast, whereas Leviathan at least is a straight port of the mechanic from the normal version.)

I was able to successfully do T11 once with 5 people, but that was with a few members of my old static so :shrug:

Also yeah, Ifrit EX is probably the worst to do unsynced. No, you aren't going to get to FInal Heaven your way through the third set of nails. Get hosed, scrub.

edit:

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I posit than most of the stuff considered hard content is only so because it requires half-way competent dps.

this is unironically the most difficult mechanic of just about every fight in this game.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

Alright, I got the ffgoons forums up and running :toot:

Everything is a hard copy over though I redid configs and poo poo but it accepts the same cookies and everything because I was already logged in and a post seemed to work. I did get a rando forbidden error on one pageload though? Test it out and let me know if anything is off.

Now to get the mumble back.

trying to register an account is making GBS threads itself. The autoauth is spitting back HTTP Err 500.

Hope that helps.

fakedit: there is no fakedit. only shitlords who can't check they finished their post.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

ChaosSora posted:

I just had a really good Weeping City run where someone in the alliance made macro's to explain the mechanics of each fight to newbies. We only had two wipes the whole run, one to Ozma where we go him down to 5 percent and one to the final boss since people needed to learn the hair mechanics and poor play in general. Honestly I'm hoping that type of run becomes the norm, because when everyone know their poo poo all of the fights are a lot of fun. I had already gotten a clear on Tuesday, but I'm really glad the run that I was helping my friends through went so well.

please make sure that the person spamming the macros that "explain" the fights know what the gently caress they're talking about. I've heard horror stories about shitlords coipypasting "instructions" from Reddit that were dead. loving. wrong.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

WhiteHowler posted:

Am I doing this right?

not identical exp progress bars? SHAMFRU DISPRAY

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The Faerie novice network is generally polite, helpful, and has a good atmosphere...except for one person, who seems to be the newbie channel equivalent of a super senior. She has multiple jobs above 50, and just about everything to at least 20~30, and seems to be actively putting off doing the 2.5 story so she can remain in the novice network longer.

She's also almost unbelievably irritating. She answers every newbie question, is wrong about 90% of them, and takes great pains to not only remind everyone every ten seconds that she is a lesbian, but also to spout her RP garbage about her character being a "magic baby" in great detail. I'm honestly amazed she hasn't gotten kicked out somehow, she's formed antagonistic relationships with pretty much every mentor who speaks up to tell her to stop monopolizing the channel. :catstare:

sounds like a refugee from Balmung, to be honest. :munch:

Side note: Any idea when the registration for ffgoons will be fixed?

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

The Black Stones posted:

Yeah. Theft is cool! Showing S-E that everyone will just steal the codes and not actually pay for the items is totally going to make them want to do promo's like this outside of Japan again. gently caress them, haha.

I still didn't get my code for my order, but I bugged an Amazon rep and they nicely gave me one. So Amazon is cool in my books and I hear Earth Defence Force 4.1 is super fun so cancelling would be uncool.

basicallty this

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

just as long as they don't send a second code (not sure if this is even possible) and if they do, you don't claim it.

seems like the right thing to do tbh

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Monolith. posted:

So whats the point if Alliance Seals if all the gear is weaker than what i have on? And what do i spend these GC seals on since apparently i can't rank up anymore.

Ventures and blow.

Alternatively you can buy the manuals for crafting/gathering to increase your EXP gain if that's your thing.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

ArtIsResistance posted:

hell yeah it's some pedo anime bullshit

Potatoes aren't people so it's all good.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Tekne posted:

I put the catgirl in my profile and FFGoons can't find her. :negative:

The autoauth is still being unfucked as we speak. I'll check in tomorrow to see if it's been fixed and if not, I'll poke Boten about it.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

FFXV super secret glamours confirmed from the letter? I THINK SO

Also I love how like 80% of the questions for the 3.3 section were for Balmung players only.

WE WANT A STAGE TO ERP ON.

WE WANT AN ICON TO ERP WITH.

WE WAN-:commissar:

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

All this talk about the jump potion has me wondering if they're going to make the people who use it sit down for literally a three hour long movie of nothing but cutscenes. That said, I really feel like if they do release any new jobs, they'll have to be not gated by the content (anybody remember the OF screaming about weh i want to play edgelord for my first job weh weh) as a sort of capitulation to the ~*~RP PLAYERS~*~ on servers like Balmung or some poo poo.

God I can't stand Balmung.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I feel like you haven't seen the newer final fantasy games if you think hours of cutscene is out of place in this game.

You would be correct. The last none XIV game I played was Tactics and before that I guess was 9 but I never finished it because jfc

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

Thanks for the perfect example of a prima donna tank.

Please don't do this.

Not emptyquoting.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

vOv posted:

How much does crafted 220 cost these days?

Probably about 500k each? I'm not entirely sure what the prices are on Excalibur yet.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Sentient Data posted:

I will be extremely disappointed if frodragon doesn't show up during a side quest, hopefully a new round of postmoogle ones

That's a dragon by the moogle tribe with one of the dandelion mounts hovering in the correct position

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Well it looks like all the tickets for Fanfest sold out last night. Grats to those who got in, rip to those who don't.

That said, where will the goon meetup be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

rip the server hiccup just as I was entering an instance.

• Locked thread