Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Hey pulled a ra :whatup:
Don't have a d. kali but I wil be able to run a.ra/l. kali/l. kali/a. isis/ d.iza(?) for some fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I'm super salty over Ra Dragon (Radra?).

This game is fun when there's a wide variety of competitive leaders, and you can get creative teams going. Juggler killed all of that, and now that the meta has recovered to the point where there's like a half-dozen top leaders they just hosed everything up again.

Basically every leader in the game is being rendered into MP food for Radra or mayyybe Shiva dragon. If you just 297'd ABastet, AShiva, or ARa enjoy it while it lasts because the writing is on the wall, in a few months they're going to be joining Athena and Ronia on the washed-up leaders bench. Not only is Lkali no longer a top tier leader, she's soon not even going to be a top tier sub.

Powercreep was already at its breaking point, and gunho just stomped on the accelerator. PAD island is already too difficult for a lot of players in NA/EU, since we're getting those collab/special rems like 2 weeks after JP, while we're months behind on content updates. What do you think is going to happen when the JP whales are trashing everything with 6 hypermax Radra teams with ideal subs? Gungho is going to scale difficulty to follow, good luck keeping up. Gungho is playing with exponential math, and its going to get really crazy real quick.

Even if you can afford the MP for Radra you should be afraid, chances are good he's going to be replaced by an exponentially better leader in 6 months.

Yeah man we should def lose sleep over it

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Mill Village posted:

Don't buy the Spirit Stones, or don't bother with Beelzebub? I'm not sure what you want me to do here.

Beelz is still great he's just not the flavor of the month right now. But don't spend MP on spirit stones, they are given out pretty regularly...I have like 6 of each type rotting in my box.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Prowler posted:

So I managed to farm up another stone thanks to not having beat Zeus's dungeon yet, and got another D. Kali.

That's two, and I'm not even using the one...

Lol thanks for your bitching post about not having another stone to pull the REM, then getting a stone within like 20 minutes and pulling one of the most sought after pulls, which as it so happens is a dupe for you :tizzy:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Revvik posted:

Looking specifically for more Neptune Dragon friends and red Gadius friends. Also commonly use Awoken Bastet, Awoken Horus, Awoken Ra, Beelz OR Ronia,, Hypermax L. Kali, ummm I have too much poo poo in this box to figure out.

Ten slots cleared out today.

Yo, sent you invite, I run lots of red poo poo including gadius. And lookin for present trade :bigtran:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

scorpiobean posted:

I'm still collecting a metric fuckton of dub-mythlits instead of the green dubs I need, but at least this also happened :toot:

I have an LKali and an AIsis for the team but I don't have anymore kalis, dark or light, so if I remember correctly, I should use my Diza (which I still need to skill up) and then ???. Right now non awoken (but max skill) susano is in that last spot.

Good resource here - https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/awokenra#wiki_sample_team_compositions

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

McDragon posted:

So I snagged a Ra yesterday. Is he much harder to activate than LKali?

I mean, it takes another color for the minimum number of matches to activate, so yes, Ra is harder than Kali. If you are at least semi-competent in your orb matching it isn't too bad, just takes a little more planning to activate.

The hardest part with Ra is getting orb trolled, but there are ways to prevent that (orb planning, board changers, praying as hard as you can for skyfalls, etc.)

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

tfw you calculate your stam and decide to run a coin dungeon that padx says gives at minimum 14000 exp, with 13500 exp needed to level, and the dungeon instead gives you 13200 exp... :shrek:

Also def going to run the FF collab a bunch with that nice exp ratio and a higher (or non-zero) chance for +'s. The dungeon looks pretty straight forward, no big gimmicks from what I can tell.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

KoldPT posted:

Can any of my teams run Thursday Mythical? I'm thinking I should farm up some green dragon fruits for Verd skill ups. https://www.padherder.com/user/koldpt/teams/#159268

lu bu//echidna//perseph//vamp//[dragon or promethus]//ronia is ez mode
1 - do any attack to kill the cheaper dudes, kill the fruit in 3 turns
2 - mass attack or stall
3 - echidna, stall until lu bu and ronia are up, then perseph or vamp or whatever, mass attack or rows to clear
4 - ronia and lu bu and rows and dead

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

The food tie-in I've wanted NA to get forever is the 31 flavors dungeon...cmon gungho

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

trucutru posted:

Oh boy. The one dungeon that has a 100% chance of never ever doing so.

You think dragon ball z collab has less than 100% chance of not coming? :j:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Kuros posted:

0/10 on Gadius today. FML

Yeah after going 0/10 on my RGY earlier today, I am going to hold off feeding my gold keepers to Gadius until we get 2.5x skill-up, which hopefully should happen before mats change again.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

The top 30 will be selected though :confused:
Also cmon Kagu stay in there, you will be mine one day :shepspends:

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 17, 2015

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Snakebutt 4/5 and maxed now :tutbutt:
Zaerog 1/4 ...2 skills total :eek:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

So is it a known thing that the PCGF will be this weekend?

Will they offer different cards on different days? Or do you just splerg all your stones on day 1?

It'll probably be on Monday the 30th, I think that's when it was last year. Maybe this weekend though. And if it's the same as the other PCGF it will be the same mons on both days.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

6 rolls before I go to bed and 3 are fake golds and the other 3 are dupes, when I have 7/30 gods in the fest. :nexus:

More points towards a shame dragon, only 200k more to go!

Godspeed to everyone else, hopefully machine will be nicer to me tomorrow morning (ya right)

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Brood posted:

When out on the roof there arose such a clatter.

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=446

Yeah santa is badass but wtf is up with Rudolph? We can have cute waifus but not reindeer?

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Yolo roll got me a satsuki...now I have that exact a.yomi team that truc posted above. It's just such an :effort: team...I dunno if worth it to plus.

Yes it's me I'm complaining about my god roll.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

I was about to rage that Zaerog was on a Monday YET AGAIN, but then I remembered it's a holiday :toot: thank you based gunghoNA

But seriously why do they keep putting Zaerog on Mondays?

^^^^Yo Noodle if we aren't friends add me, I want a.haku as well for wadatsumi. 367,371,261

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 14, 2016

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

trucutru posted:

A.Shiva is probably your best chance. But, to be honest. If you cannot do six combos under pressure then you have no business trying to run that poo poo, it is supposed to be *hard*.

In any case, you can either go balls-to-the-wall offensive with A.Shiva, and die half of the time to DQ Hera, or put D.Iza or Phoenix Rider in there to take the hit. In general the idea is:

1) Whatever
2) Spend a skill if required, these dudes have plenty of HP and you're low-level.
3) You should be able to do a small combo first to get her close to 50% and then kill, don't trigger the green orbs buff.
4) If you're using a defensive team then use your defense up so that you're able to take the Kraken hit in turn 2 and still be ready for DQ Hera. With an offensive team you have to kill it in 2 turns and then pray. You can bring a green mon (Set, etc) to bait the bind, if you wish.
5) If you get Hera-Ur then you have already won. Just kill her as fast as possible, shouldn't be a problem with the extra red orbs. If you get DQ Hera then heal and hit her once for less than 50%, but try to leave light orbs on-screen, she'll turn them into jammers, which is helpful. Then you kill her.
6) Hit Scarlet a bit so that she's not at 100%. She'll turn all jammers into fire orbs so as soon as her shield is down destroy her.
7) Use all your skills and 1-shot.

I can't remember but the last time I beat scarlet before it came to NA as a multiplayer, I used your strat (which you've posted before) and I must've taken her 2nd form to >50 on first turn and then killed after that...because I just tried to 1 shot her with an 8 combo with 2 double prongs and it didn't KO her :wth: . Team was hyper shiva, hyper kagu, hyper urd, Cao cao, phx rider. Is a 9er required to one shot? If so Gg me.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

Can people take a look and advise me on an A.Sakuya team? https://www.padherder.com/user/djently/monsters/

So far I know I'll have LKali and A.Susano. What should I put in the other slots?

This is a great resource - https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/awokensakuya

First thing that jumps out at me is your yomi. awoken her/him/it and enjoy the time-extends. Valk, fat chocobo, izanagi, even athena are fine. I'd say awoken yomi and fat choco are probably your best bets, and you can use valk until you get yomi fully awakened.

AH I missed you have Orochi. He is great for sakuya as well, as others noted. I also missed your padherder name is intronaut...love that band as well

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 21, 2016

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Snowmankilla posted:

What do I run today for plus eggs? Light Hera in challenge?

PADZ is a pretty good option and is a little more mindless than Hera-sowilo. Goemon is great as always.

http://imgur.com/S0qDzG3

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Gungho na being chill with the the quick evo releases doesn't make up for them being decidedly unchill with their continuing stinginess in handing out piis

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

LuciferMorningstar posted:

How much will I regret getting a shame dragon (Neptune Dragon)? I know I've got a reasonably good team (hypermax Hermes, AKarin, Gabriel, flex), and I've got enough points to get one. I could even plop two skill-delay resists on if I wanted. I guess my concern is that it'll be outclassed soon/isn't really necessary. Help me make/not make bad decisions. My box, for reference.

I was in the same boat as you, sitting on 400K mp and unsure if I wanted to take the plunge (lol) for neptune dragon or charite. Finally said gently caress it and bought neptuna for the exact reasons QuietWilds pointed out - neptune is the tits for farming zaerog infinity, which will hopefully motivate me to farm it. My team is far from maxed yet so I haven't used to its full potential, and I'm missing hermes (gently caress you game) but I'm impressed with karin/gabe/hatsume/andro. I'll prob sub out karin for mori once I skill him up. He's a dope sub on ai&i/ryune teams as well.
Also whatever gets released in JP won't arrive in US for a while so that helped tip my decision to try out a shame dragon.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Did you all know that half-stam Z8 is really awesome? It is. Rank 435 and it's like I'm back at ToG, but in a good way.

What's your Nepdra team looking like? I'm failin hard on z8 today...and my failures are due to orb trolls, but maybe I'm missing a piece on my team. I keep getting orb trolled on the first round and the third round, and am only having about 50% success... Last 2 runs ended on round 1 when my board had exactly 2 water and 2 dark orbs...

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

NepDra (max-skill, 2 skill-delay resists, but <50 +eggs)/Hermes/Gabriel/AKarin/AIsis

Everyone is max-skilled, max-awoken, Hermes is +297

If you get orb-trolled on R1, you either burn an active or you're hosed. Generally, though, 5 water orbs or a row of dark orbs will clear that. You just have to hoard water orbs and not use more than you need to kill a particular enemy. NepDra once you hit Z8. On his next form, I stall a turn to bait the bind, use Isis, and then use an active (almost always Hermes) to get 36X damage.

Yeah I needed more orb changers. I also said gently caress it yet again and bought 2x skill delay latents for my neptuna, and actually after teaming up with blonias, i've had 100% success with tuna/andro/karin/hatsume/i&i/blonia, only using i&i over isis bc i&i is maxed and has better awakenings. Having blonia as an extra orb changers really helps bc you dont really need 2x poisons, as opposed to mythical plus...

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 12, 2016

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

I'm a little confused about all this recent A Luci talk. With Pandora's new evo, isn't she strictly better assuming the same sub pool? I fail to see how the ability to use God type Pokemon trumps Pandora's damage control (f u Sopdet) and significantly higher multiplier, especially with Dark's excellent Devil sub pool. Is it just because everyone made an Awoken Haku and is too lazy to reverse back to devil Haku?

It's not recent at all, A.Luci being good has been a thing for a few months. It has a lot to do with his god-killer awakening.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Zo posted:

Rip in peace maxmurai. Didn't get invited to the last stream, and today the banner to his site (app bank) was removed from the official pad site.

People online calling for a "finally fired maxmurai event" savage af lol

Whoa, any word why he's being iced out? or did he leave the PAD Life on his own accord

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Kuros posted:

Yesterday was nice. Max skilled Markab and also max skilled Saria.

Congrats. I'm just sittin here goin 0/12 on amon skill-ups. Haven't fed to markab yet but because I don't use him I'm sure I'll max skill easy.

3x times 0 is still 0, etc. etc.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Another fun thing for tomorrow.

Hey that's a fun thing indeed. NA PAD is getting a little less lovely by the day.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Anyone who is planning to run uevo sumire upon release in NA want to BFF or look for a BFF triangle? I also run nepdra, i&i, a.shiva, a.luci, a.sakuya, a.ra, krishy, red snakebutt

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

TheQuietWilds posted:

I probably will run Ult Sumire since I've got a perfect team, I also run hypermaxed Neptune/Yomi Dragons, but I'd kind of like to hold onto my BFF for a while this time and BFF later on for whatever game breaking poo poo drops in a few months. If we find a third with hypermaxed Sylvie then I'll prob say gently caress it and join in.

Yeah I use your (or your alts?) neptuna all the time. No stress at all, I'll keep my eyes open for a person with sylvie and sumire or some poo poo.

Also, as an aside, here's another bitch about this move to multiplayer. Really annoying to have to find someone to run a dungeon when I only have a few minutes to play :bahgawd: Yes I'm a whiney baby.

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 9, 2016

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Honestly stoked for christmas rem again, going to try a few to get christmas paulina :anime:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Wooo finally got my mech zeus evod and up to level 93, holy hell he is hard to level.

Now to start messin w him and tryin mech hera. I have the makings of a good red-team (ronia, xmas ronia, yamato, uriel, guan yu, shiva, workin on surtr) am I right that mech hera is doable with a corresponding yellow-team lead?
I guess I do have an OK yellow team with raphael, valk, elia, apoc, wu kong, wee jas if delay needed...none of em are evod or leveled or skilled tho :effort:

ugh i have baal too. god dammit i should make some fuckin yellow team

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 20, 2016

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Valex posted:

I hate this b/c I'm doing to waste the Bubpy and Woodpy so I can make use of the pluses

They're slimes, not the skill up pys -

- Lv7...Woodsie (+99 RCV)
- Lv6…Bubblie (+99 HP)

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

trucutru posted:

The other team is the light one. (you can also farm her with a green team instead of a red one). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEoKP7ydOdU

I basically have this red team but can never find folks to run a yellow mzeus team w me on Reddit discord. Always drowned out by ALB peeps.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

OK took your guys advice and used those 5 rolls because why not!

2 from yesterday:
Blue Sonia
Metatron

I think those are both good?!

Then the 3 from just now:
Red Riding Hood
Nut
Claymore

I think those are all bad?! (RRH is getting a buff at some point though right?)

Guess I cant really complain considering how lucky Ive been in general with my GF rolls in such a short time playing. :shobon:

Which color metatron, dark or light? Dark is rarer/better but light isn't terrible and will prob (hopefully) get s buff at some point. Blonia is great. Red riding hood is great as a gadius or xm sub, she was buffed recently in jp. And nut is an amazing sub or inherit for blue teams that need 5 orbs eg yy, sumire, skuld

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Zoness posted:

light metatron is an ok bind clearer if you don't have a better option but her lack of offensive awakenings and more importantly lack of skill bind resist (as opposed to awoken amaterasu) makes her kind of a mediocre sub.

I mean if you need a bind clear, she's still fine for that if you don't have access to amaterasu.

why would you inherit nut when her active is low cd and her awakenings are amazing

If you dont need/want dupes of her, she is a great inherit. For someone asking about her in general you're right inheriting prob isnt her best use though.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

jerkstore77 posted:

Another returning player question. How mandatory is co-op? I really have no interest in co-op for my pooping games especially ones that use third party apps to find partners.

I mean, it's not mandatory, but it makes the game much easier in general. Also getting free mp for just running dungeons is the poo poo. Just do multiplayer when you have more time to dedicate to playing the game like after work or something. Or don't, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Ooooo update to rotate evo mats tomorrow, hopefully that means krishna's ult evo will get pushed as well? It's been ~60 days since JP release, which seems about the norm :waycool:

• Locked thread