Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

I love this dog. Can we make your dog the official thread mascot?? Derek Smart is adorable but not quite as much as the pooch

LET ME loving FETCH!

PS: greetings from page 1738

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

This is not a dream. We are using your brain's electrical system as a receiver.
We are unable to transmit through conscious neural interference.
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream. We are transmitting from the year two, oh, one, four.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2g55qj/vr_in_star_citizen_from_vrtgo_conference_2014/

orcinus fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 1, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Wafflz posted:

Croberts will never remove all his immersion animations for VR so best case scenario is a bunch of shitizens in googles vomiting all over their HOTAS.

The worst kind of puke imaginable tripling in intensity every second.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Gradis posted:

Jesus loving Christ loving wtf take my eyes stimpy/stimperor what is THAT

Chris in his coke dipping prime.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

There was one delightful chap who has a pic on the forum somewhere. He dresses like a pretty hardcore lunatic and inferred he was some sort of x special forces/militia whatever in his home nation even though he was only in his early twenties. He was from somewhere in eastern Europe and he turns up at every single meeting of the cult dressed in combat fatigues and sporting serial killer shades, genuinely pissed off that he cant walk round strapped . He is physically fit looking, with a military haircut and looks like a stone murderer
He said , without the slightest hint of any bullshit that he could organize the silencing of any dissenters , he would do this for free and there were many like him in his guild/unit or whatever it was. Normally one would simply laugh at these idiots but this fruitloop had seen some poo poo, whatever that was.
He was actually one of the nicer ones. Some simply have no sense of personal space and have a strange aroma about them , others offer their girlfriends up or try and give you jewelry etc. One guy wanted to pay a small mortgage to have a star system named after himself and offered a blank cheque pretty much.
There are just too many to mention. The fourth Stimpire is just the tip of a very deep iceberg. They are mainly white , all male and the odd one has an even crazier looking girlfriend who will either be north of a healthy weight or look like Aileen Wournos.
Lots of nationalistic rhetoric , many of them see the verse as a fourth Riech. Dont know what else to say really you can see for yourself by the posts in various places what these guys are like.

Are you sure that guy wasn't the Stimperor himself?
Considering he's allegedly Serbian?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Why is he licking his boot?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently Jon Dadley still works out CIG, although he's also working on a indie game called Stage Presence.

SC should have this.

e: And a Doof Chariot.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Klyith posted:

(Also the nuclear bomb laser weapons from Reagan's Star Wars didn't turn out to work in later nuclear modelling simulations AFAIK. They were also explicitly nuclear weapons, the beam was formed from x-rays made by thermonuclear fusion. Nothing of the sort happens with a regular TNT bomb.)

Interestingly, the exact opposite sequence is a viable thing.
You can use a laser to trigger a Z-pinch, creating an extremely strong X-ray burst, that initiates a thermonuclear reaction in a target.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/320520/they-re-freaking-geniuses

So he was trying to run over a Korean couple whilst knocking back some shots and listening to the Stimperor on the wireless ......
This is what Im talking about

That's not how this works.
That's not how any of this works.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

LowellDND posted:

Few pages back, but how would this work? Im writing scifi and that sounds awesome :D

I don't know the specifics beyond the vague idea and i think it's purely experimental and not very useful outside of an experimental environment.
But the general idea (i think) is this - you ignite a plasma using lasers and conduct a burst of electrons (extremely high current, extremely short time) through it.
The current induces an extremely strong magnetic field Z-pinching (imploding) the plasma.
The imploding plasma lets out an intense burst of X-ray photons.
X-ray wavelength photons bombard a (suitable) target, initiating a thermonuclear reaction.

e: Try hunting around teh googles for articles relating to this - http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?reload=true&arnumber=6781426

e2: Please pardon any/all nonsense in the above post. I've been staring at lovely code and drinking Nikka Red for the past hour.

orcinus fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 2, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

moonraker posted:

I firmly believe after having spent 3 years in CIG forms that they have a number of paid plants in the forum who are family and other invested party's of some of the devs and upper management .

Don't underestimate the cult psychology.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

That's basically because, as I have said, he picked the wrong loving engine to do this with.

He picked the wrong way to do it. All of it.
The engine is just a tiny part of it.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I'm still hundreds of pages behind.
What happened to goon de yadda?

Still two weeks?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

For the record, don't answer this. Don't let LowellDND within a hundred miles of any more thermonuclear reactions.

Too late.
The chain reaction has already been initiated.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

... due to mysterious herpestidae reasons :fuzzknot:

Hopefully not involving pressure cookers.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Dat shoulder fart.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

lol they aren't just drawn backwards, they fire backwards but somehow the shots pass through your body like you were a ghost. :lesnick:

Not just that, but the character rigs retain a somewhat decent grip on the guns, despite them being rotated 180 degrees.
It's loving art, man.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SinJin posted:

Press SPACE BAR to use the "safe word".

Safe word is <<USE>>

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I want this on a shirt:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Wafflz posted:

The loving backwards hands...

So this is what CIG is basing their character rigs on...

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Is posting second hand cattes (friend's) kosher?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tortolia posted:

Just don't doxx them

I won't if you don't.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
ben lunchboxes

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016