Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Sham bam bamina! posted:

On the recent mod drama over the leper colony and autobanning:

Everyone should go to the leper colony right now and read El Spider's post-probation meltdown, typed out as the probation reasons for several other posters until he got banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I don't know who the gently caress sean price is but there's some weird poo poo in GBS today.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Plus Jon Pop has that catchy Hanson song about him.

:sbahj:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

The best part of DIY and Hobbies was The Vault Project where a central Texas man decided to against better advice construct a server farm/storm shelter/ dungeon.

This is insane. How did it go on for so long with so many cheerleaders when everyone including goddamn Grover is telling him it's an awful idea that could get him killed?!

Halfway through someone mentions an "impossible levitating ping pong ball" project or something - do any DIY&H regulars have info on that saga?

E: VVVV no idea, that's why I asked - it just kinda popped outta the thread and sounded like it had a story behind it.

Rockman Reserve has a new favorite as of 17:08 on Sep 25, 2016

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

That actually took me a second.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Grinding money in owner mode of DOAX3 can eat a barrel of dicks, along with the owner exclusives swimsuits.

Accept my gift you whore. :argh:

Leal posted:

I'm not convinced this game is anything then one gigantic troll with tits. The girls have a set chance to reject gifts, even if you do anything right cause gently caress you (though if you wanna throw some cash our way you can buy premium gift wrap which has a 100% success rate!). Wrapping the exclusive swimsuits cost a lot of owner cash, and if a girl rejects the gift you get to spend the money to wrap it up and try again. There is difficulty scaling, so if you don't want every minigame to be a pain the rear end you need to intentionally throw games to get it to scale back down. There is a money cap so you can't hoard money. Even partnering is a pain in the rear end if you don't take whoever offers to join you at the start, even with 3 notes they still reject.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Just jerk off you loving lunatic

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's a tough situation but i can sympathize as I, too, need a 24/7 IV drip of anime dickgirls or my heart will stop immediately

Pvt.Scott posted:

It's like the movie Crank and you don't even have to change the name.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

EcT has been killing it with the joke threads lately.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

bitcoins are good" -someone who played a night elf female 100% guaranteed

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

convenient to include the necessary tool for loving lighting that thing on fire

Well, yeah, that's how cigarettes work.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Syd Midnight posted:

First they sawed through the floors load bearing i-beams, then they got to work on plumbing and wiring, so um ok

he was talking about his friends and their window you dum dum

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

PopeCrunch posted:

Honestly I think it's just the Forums Persona he decided to run with. Ruddha is the cool guy, genesplicer is the rad teacher, and misterbibs is Wrong. What he is Wrong about at any given time doesn't matter, all that matters is that there is a topic, and he is Wrong about it. I wouldn't be surprised to open up the traffic engineer thread and see him posting about how street crossings are bullshit because he keeps getting hit by cars. Someone would point out that all you have to do is hit the button and wait for the orange hand to turn into a white stickman and he would be all ??????? THIS IS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE???

Like seriously sometimes I wonder if he doesn't have that throatitis whatever and just keeps trying to ram the fuckers down sideways and screaming around the tubular meat (which seems to be his natural state) that hot dogs are broken and really need to be fixed in the next patch.

The problem is that whether it's a funny persona or he's really truly blessed with the intelligence of a particularly gifted goat he still causes massive derails everywhere.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

You can't edit your posts in E/N
yeah but it was still obviously intentional because

Heath posted:

Gentle Pete is a treasure

(was? didn't he get banned or something?)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

e: gently caress, someone already posted that

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I hope there's a relevant quote to this story, because I'd very much like to read whatever exchange lead you to learn this.

This never happened, the chain of events was something like TCC finding a drug that needed to be dosed in micrograms, FYAD started making fun of them for eyeballing the amounts using poo poo like "oh fill the top circle of an 8 on a credit card", and GBS apes the thread but totally missed what "eyeballing" meant and assumed it meant putting it in your eye like the poo poo from the first episode of Cowboy Bebop. MAYBE like one poor soul actually tried it.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Besesoth posted:

#MAGA: Manafort And Gates Arrested

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Prav posted:

i'd trust the mohelin guide to tell me where i can get fine kosher dining

e: i looked up exactly what a mohel does and maybe not. lmbo.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Nobody wants to hear the conclusion of your Zootopia fanfic

What the gently caress speak for yourself

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Many Asian buildings will omit any floor number which even contains four because of its association with death, just as many Western buildings omit the 13th floor because of bad luck or dad-focused buildings skip the 9th floor because 7 8 9.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

And now on "guess the thread":

drrockso20 posted:

When it comes to Ken Penders I'll say this much, if I were to discover that I had terminal cancer, one of the last items on my bucket list would be to take a power sander to his hands

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Check out the concept of "bug catchers."

I believe it is bug chasers our naive friends are looking for.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

That is a hell of a meltdown, wow.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Scott Adams is a moron for a lot of reasons and he does hold a lot of genuinely stupid beliefs but I'll still never get sick of goons tripping over themselves to prove that they don't understand what a thought experiment is and claim stuff like "dilbert man doesn't believe in gravity LOL".

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Somfin posted:

E:

Dilbert man managed to put that whole thought experiment together and write a book about it without once considering the loving moon

"A book about it"? It's like two pages in a single book and by the fourth paragraph it's pointing out problems and shortcomings of the model. Like, Adams is actually a crazy person and almost certainly a sociopath but don't talk so much out of your rear end.

e: like the man actually believes that he can think really hard and affect the physical world around him, you don't need to make poo poo up about him to turn him into a dumb rear end in a top hat

Rockman Reserve has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Oct 9, 2019

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

from the Awful Kickstarters thread:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Brewmaster posted:

The year 2020 belongs in the garbage. Calling it right now.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Len posted:

This country is getting weirder all the time.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

canyoneer posted:

context doesn't matter. it stands by itself

HGB is a treasure

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Humphreys posted:

LOL at the XXS buttplugs. A kid I knew at a sleep over was shoving marbles up his rear end for a while through out the night then exclaimed he's gonna poop them out. Broke the bowl he did.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Joan posted:

Just saw this series of threads in A/T where each one looks like a response to the previous

I have no idea who's rereg you are but I dig the name/av.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

click through for mildly disturbing context:

nut posted:

drat, this guy is totally nuts

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's impossible to tell if that's even real, all I know about that comic is ACK! ACK! ACK! Also maybe one possible parody strip where Kathy's become a bitter mom.

pretty sure cathy is "AACK", "ACK" is mars attacks

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

christmas boots posted:

The reasons this is happening are not funny, but these lawsuits themselves are imo

mental illness is a huge tragedy but its manifestations are often hilarious

i mean "retarded marine saluting" , you couldn't make that poo poo up

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

At a certain point, they become an uncontrollable self-sustaining saga generator themselves, and must be shut down before their feedback loop becomes powerful enough to destroy the rest of the forums

i mean it could be that, or it could be that the last iteration of the thread was an insane cesspool of unpunished transphobia because the mods all took stupid pills that week or something, who can say

it was the latter, the thread wasn’t even talking about current drama when it got shut down. come the gently caress on

E: absolutely quoted the wrong post here where the hell is my coffee get off my lawn arghgh

Rockman Reserve has a new favorite as of 18:22 on Apr 17, 2022

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

That was just a joke about the saga threads in general, I forgot what even shut down the latest iteration. That one turned into a weirdly lovely garbage fire, I just didn't remember it specifically.

it was honestly super gross and the way it was handled killed my desire to post in or read pyf entirely for a while

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

pentyne posted:

Except it was only ever like 1-2 people who went on a threadshitting tear because the pyf mods checked out of watching their forum for 2-3 days at a time.

Somehow the thread able to last ~7 years and get goldmined 2-3 times got to be "too much" when completely unmoderated, shocker.

was it you who put together the OP of that iteration, cuz it was really well done

RIP

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

I'm not British, Jesus loving Christ that would be awful. I just live in one of the 300 other countries that doesn't jerk itself raw to mass shootings

do...do you think americans masturbate to our plague of random violence?

some plague rats posted:

super weird thing to post

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

The coronavirus is scary if you live in a poor region in china

It is not, otherwise

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

Much as I miss the sagas thread the last incarnation didn't manage to last a week before it had to be closed, so its gonna be a bit before we are allowed another

yeah if only this site had some kind of moderation or something to punish the rampant transphobia that ruined the last one

alas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Heath posted:

The problems with the Sagas thread went way beyond the transphobia. The thread is toxic by nature because it functions as a mini Helldump/drama magnet and the forums have been measurably better for not allowing it

this would be a much better argument if several iterations didn't go on for years without that happening even a little bit and end up in the goldmine, hth